Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You've never seen one this big before - Page 64
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

You've never seen one this big before

Comments

• I need more water bottles to add to my water bottle cabinet!

• $1.99

• How do people decide on the amount if they can only bid once?

• @tototo said:
    How do people decide on the amount if they can only bid once?

Where do you get that they can bid only once?

• Finally my hard work pays off \o/

Thanked by 1CoolGeek
  • @Crab good job, royalties already in use I see.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited November 2023

Damn I got robbed

Still don't know what I was bidding for though

• totototototo Member
    edited November 2023

@JabJab said:

@tototo said:

Sorry, I was just thinking. It's not even an idea.

• @Setsura said: Still don't know what I was bidding for though

Think this perfectly sums up what's gone wrong tonight. :D

• @Setsura said:
    Damn I got robbed

Still don't know what I was bidding for though

You were bidding on some good laughs and long-lasting memories!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @JabJab said:

@tototo said:

It kind of makes sense to bid once (or else we take the earliest bid) - it is a luck of the draw in trying to "pick" in the range expected or wanted by the host.

Otherwise we'll just get into a spam war with everyone just putting numbers all over the place, again defeating the spirit of the event.

The way things are, things escalate very quickly and we get out of the "value" territory of the deal. A lot of the spirit of BF has to do with snagging something at a great "value" price.

We really don't want everyone to have buyers remorse (or just give up on the deal after a month) - ideally you want them to hang on to the deal with the usual "you can pry it out of my cold dead hands" attitude.

• @nullnothere said:

@JabJab said:

@tototo said:

It kind of makes sense to bid once (or else we take the earliest bid) - it is a luck of the draw in trying to "pick" in the range expected or wanted by the host.

Otherwise we'll just get into a spam war with everyone just putting numbers all over the place, again defeating the spirit of the event.

The way things are, things escalate very quickly and we get out of the "value" territory of the deal. A lot of the spirit of BF has to do with snagging something at a great "value" price.

We really don't want everyone to have buyers remorse (or just give up on the deal after a month) - ideally you want them to hang on to the deal with the usual "you can pry it out of my cold dead hands" attitude.

yesterday everyone was bidding +0.01 at a time and sniping deals was so fun

• @nullnothere said:

@JabJab said:

@tototo said:

I agree. It's almost exactly what I said word-for-word-just-with-more-words.

@user123 said:

you need to show a little sumthin'-sumthin' if you you want panties flung on stage.

• @matheny said:

While it lasted and then it quickly escalated by rather big leaps.

@user123 said: you need to show a little sumthin'-sumthin' if you you want panties flung on stage.

I did the opposite of a tl;dr :wink:

Thanked by 2user123 tototo
  • @nullnothere said:

@matheny said:

While it lasted and then it quickly escalated by rather big leaps.

@user123 said: you need to show a little sumthin'-sumthin' if you you want panties flung on stage.

I did the opposite of a tl;dr :wink:

Foreplay?

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @matheny said:

@nullnothere said:

@JabJab said:

@tototo said:

dont worry im here for deals, just waiting on some later entries

• @user123 said:
    Foreplay?

As long as it's not foul play.

• @nullnothere said:

@user123 said:
    Foreplay?

As long as it's not foul play.

Why? That's probably legal in more states than fowl play.

• CrabCrab Member
    edited November 2023

@JabJab said:
    @Crab good job, royalties already in use I see.

You gotta keep economy going and money moving!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @Crab said:

@JabJab said:
    @Crab good job, royalties already in use I see.

You gotta keep economy going and money moving!

It's just a shell game with the money shuffling sideways.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

NEXT AUCTION

Since I got called a pussy, it's gonna be big.

For the rest of you that are looking for just a little slice of linux iso storage stick around to the end. It's going to the fastest fingers. @user123 it's even in your budget.

• @user123 said:

Only to keep the spirit alive. This thread has really been great in the sense of actively engaging and inviting participation from the usual bystanders and lurkers. When things go hyper here, even the main thread goes quiet. That's quite a statement.

I think @crunchbits has really embodied the spirit of the BF engagement and throwing things out there.

It's nice to be able to give everyone a chance at fair participation and not have them worry about their wallets (too much!).

Thanked by 2user123 Crab
  • @crunchbits said:
    Since I got called a pussy, it's gonna be big.

Tell me more </Sigmund Freud>

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @nullnothere said:

@user123 said:

Only to keep the spirit alive. This thread has really been great in the sense of actively engaging and inviting participation from the usual bystanders and lurkers. When things go hyper here, even the main thread goes quiet. That's quite a statement.

I think @crunchbits has really embodied the spirit of the BF engagement and throwing things out there.

It's nice to be able to give everyone a chance at fair participation and not have them worry about their wallets (too much!).

you're correct... crunchbits is definitely the winner this BF and I can't wait to see what cyber monday brings

• what is the point?

• @LowEndHigh said:
    what is the point?

Aka the tip

• @user123 said:

@LowEndHigh said:
    what is the point?

Aka the tip

Just the Tip!

• @ChrisMiller said:

@user123 said:

@LowEndHigh said:
    what is the point?

Aka the tip

Just the Tip!

It doesn't count. Unless you want it to.

• @user123 said: It doesn't count. Unless you want it to.

This discussion has been closed.