Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You've never seen one this big before - Page 62
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

You've never seen one this big before

Comments

• $11.11

• @rafaelwastaken said:
    What location are the servers in? I need to do about 5Gbit of ICMP to Mzungu Hosting with low latency.

oh boy this clown is here

Thanked by 1uptimewhore

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @rafaelwastaken said:
    What location are the servers in? I need to do about 5Gbit of ICMP to Mzungu Hosting with low latency.

With the Antarctic routing, you'll be fine.

• $16.16

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@rafaelwastaken said:

we dont do bgp with mali

• $17.17

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • Last guy won at 20$ per month or 240$ per year lol when BF DEALS are currently at 20-30$ per year

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @crunchbits - plot twist suggestion. As you write the auction, you/your team comes up with a number that you think is the price you want. Don't let us in on the price. Let folks bid and the nearest bid to your magic number wins. Since it's timed, it'll "settle" very quickly with people trying to put their values in and hopefully it can be a little different kind of fun.

You can probably drop a few clues along the way to help people guess towards your number (subject to time availability).

This way things don't go out of hand and we don't get crazy bids and it allows a little bit of the wildcardery in the spirit of things.

Thanked by 2host4cheap ariq01
  • sycotsycot Member
    edited November 2023

void

• @host4cheap said:
    Last guy won at 20$ per month or 240$ per year lol when BF DEALS are currently at 20-30$ per year

yeah for 1 thread on an overprovisioned host node with 1gb ram and 10-20gb of disk with iowait so bad you have to wait 5 minutes to login via ssh

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @host4cheap said:
    Last guy won at 20$ per month or 240$ per year lol when BF DEALS are currently at 20-30$ per year

but no dedicated SSD on those offers, right?

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @host4cheap said:

Shh you're distracting our bidding

• Btw, can we do BGP from VMs? @crunchbits

• @nullnothere said:
    @crunchbits - plot twist suggestion. As you write the auction, you/your team comes up with a number that you think is the price you want. Don't let us in on the price. Let folks bid and the nearest bid to your magic number wins. Since it's timed, it'll "settle" very quickly with people trying to put their values in and hopefully it can be a little different kind of fun.

You can probably drop a few clues along the way to help people guess towards your number (subject to time availability).

This way things don't go out of hand and we don't get crazy bids and it allows a little bit of the wildcardery in the spirit of things.

Interesting idea, but it would also mean intentionally trying to make less money. As much as I'd love to get a super cheap VPS from @crunchbits, I also want them to stay in business and that is more likely to happen when they get these fools' esteemed LETers' money.

edited November 2023

@uptimewhore said:
    Btw, can we do BGP from VMs? @crunchbits

It is possible, small one-time fee to feed @Zigi

Edit: He may choose to give it out for free, but that depends on how many DM's you send him.

• This is WALLSTREETBETS GameStop pump bidding

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @host4cheap said:

perfectly sumarizes today's auction :D

Thanked by 1i4P1
  • Hmm wait, why you auction his MOM?

• @crunchbits said:

@uptimewhore said:

lmao. good to know, thanks!

• @crunchbits said:

@uptimewhore said:

Edit: He may choose to give it out for free, but that depends on how many DM's you send him.

OMG KITTY!!!!!
    <3

• @jiuqimax said:
    Hmm wait, why you auction his MOM?

Why not?

• @user123 said: intentionally trying to make less money.

True - but remember @crunchbits sets the price (their want) - so really it becomes reasonable guessing game that gives the host a minimum value (or even range) and gives the bidder satisfaction of a chance win (vs. driving up the prices crazily which is what is happening here).

@ChrisMiller said:
    $17.17

Sorry, complicated business.

@ChrisMiller you finally done it :) Congrats!

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller i4P1
  • @crunchbits said: It is >possible, small one-time fee to feed @Zigi

Don't feed him after midnight!

• @crunchbits said: @ChrisMiller >you finally done it Congrats!

Wohoo! Only took 69 attempts!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • Make another large storage offer, coward!

Thanked by 1crunchbits

@nullnothere said:
    @crunchbits - plot twist suggestion. As you write the auction, you/your team comes up with a number that you think is the price you want. Don't let us in on the price. Let folks bid and the nearest bid to your magic number wins. Since it's timed, it'll "settle" very quickly with people trying to put their values in and hopefully it can be a little different kind of fun.

Good feedback. I'll have to think. I don't want us involved in setting the price necessarily because that's what we already do. More than likely I'd use something random to generate a price within a range and then honor that for the outlines you speak of.

This discussion has been closed.