Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale

I experienced the same problem twice on their VPS, but they refused to compensate me or replace the machine. They only claimed that it was an issue with my operating system, but what I can confirm is that I used their rebuild function to set up the default system and only installed a web program, without doing anything else.

Therefore, I feel that they are simply trying to deceive me!

In conclusion, if you buy their VPS, you must backup every minute, otherwise, if you lose your data, it will be your problem!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Don’t try to deceive us and tell us what actually happened.

• ehabehab Member

@ligoudan said:
    In conclusion, if you buy their ANY VPS, you must backup every minute, otherwise, if you lose your data, it will be your problem!

This is a rule from any provider. I didn't experience any bad sex service from them.

• ehabehab Member
    • The dog ignored it -

@yoursunny is your dog sad?

• hochthocht Member

Get to the point. What is the problem?

• ehabehab Member

@hocht said:

is your dog happy?

• hochthocht Member

@ehab said:

@hocht said:

is your dog happy?

@ehab WTF? I don't understand what did you say. I just asked @ligoudan get to the point.

• ehabehab Member

@hocht said:

@ehab said:

@hocht said:

is your dog happy?

@ehab WTF? I don't understand what did you say. I just asked @ligoudan get to the point.

my point is the dog has to be happy.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @hocht said:

Probably he's afraid to tell because there is a high chance that people here will be able to very accurately pinpoint the high userfactor in it.

• My machine broke down suddenly, and it also happened once last year. At that time, I thought it was an emergency and did not pay attention to it, and rebuilt the system with their rebuild function. Yesterday the exact same thing happened again and I asked them and they said my operating system was faulty!

First, I rebuilt the system with their rebuild function. Second, I built a web application without using any other unreasonable programs!

So I have reason to suspect that it was a malfunction of their machine itself that caused the system malfunction!

I asked for compensation and another machine, but they didn't agree to this plan.

• @ligoudan said: My machine broke down suddenly

what does it mean? can you connect via ssh? can you connect via console? any error?

if you sent the same details to the provider i'm not surprised that you haven't received any compensations and all that stuff that you requested.

• I'm calling nonsense. @NDTN is very proactive about giving credit if the node has a problem. There is no way the node failed and they refused to work with you. Something has occurred within the VPS, which is unmanaged, and you are refusing to describe what has happened, instead using vague terms like "broke down".

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @marian said:

@ligoudan said: My machine broke down suddenly

what does it mean? can you connect via ssh? can you connect via console? any error?

if you sent the same details to the provider i'm not surprised that you haven't received any compensations and all that stuff that you requested.

I couldn't connect over ssh and could only use rescue mode to back up some of my previous data, but this cost me a day and I lost a lot of customers in the process!

Also, I had to find a new vps to mount my web application after I backed up my data!

Because the rescue mode backup data is too slow, I only backed up important data in an emergency, that is to say, a lot of my common data has been lost, today they inexplicably shut down my rescue mode, fix the vps, but some of my previous data also lost

• hochthocht Member

@ligoudan Have you thought about your website being hacked, programming errors, userfactor? Do you have any proof?
    It is difficult to determine the root cause coming from the provider.
    My experience is to always back up important data and use a famous provider for production. I also have some GreenCloud VPSes for less important data and haven't had any problems with them.

• @hocht said:
    @ligoudan Have you thought about your website being hacked, programming errors, userfactor? Do you have any proof?
    It is difficult to determine the root cause coming from the provider.
    My experience is to always back up important data and use a famous provider for production. I also have some GreenCloud VPSes for less important data and haven't had any problems with them.

I have four vps at home with the same system and web programs, and this one has the same problem, twice! I don't see any abnormal traffic if the hacker attacks! In a situation like this I think it is normal to ask for compensation and another vps.

• ArirangArirang Member
    edited March 2023

@ligoudan said:
    Second, I built a web application without using any other unreasonable programs!

What the web application did you build on your vps? You sure it din't break your system?

• @Arirang said:

@ligoudan said:
    Second, I built a web application without using any other unreasonable programs!

What the web application did you build on your vps? You sure it din't break your system?

because I use the same program for my other vps. And it's been working steadily for two years. It's the only machine that's broken

• I would suggest to inspect your sshd/cron logs for any unusual activities, or at least set up some form of login monitoring in future.

I have experienced trojans being installed in my vpses built using default settings with other providers. I'm not saying your setup is not secure or adequately updated against attacks, but it would do well to identify any possible causes to protect your remaining vpses against the same vulnerability.

Best of luck!

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

As answered by our staff, there is no issue with the node or our hardware. If there is a hardware issue, you would not be able to boot your VPS to rescue mode to take backup of your data. The issue came from your OS which might be caused by many reasons, such as software installed, OS kernel, etc. In your ticket you are just trying to blackmail us with ‘compensation’ for a free upgrade from 2 cores to 4 cores or you will post your “review” on LET (!).

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

@ligoudan said:

@marian said:

@ligoudan said: My machine broke down suddenly

I couldn't connect over ssh and could only use rescue mode to back up some of my previous data, but this cost me a day and I lost a lot of customers in the process!

Also, I had to find a new vps to mount my web application after I backed up my data!

Because the rescue mode backup data is too slow, I only backed up important data in an emergency, that is to say, a lot of my common data has been lost, today they inexplicably shut down my rescue mode, fix the vps, but some of my previous data also lost

You can just take a look into logs and check what is blocking booting process?
    Then if theres a problem with their hardware you have a proof, if not you can fix this problem in 5 minutes and have working machine?

Why you didnt do that?

Im 100% sure that OS/app update caused some problems. Had that multiple times already.

Thanked by 1gemexe
  • bdlbdl Member

PEBKAMJJ

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • bdlbdl Member

@ehab said:

@hocht said:

is your dog happy?

the nickname for this plane is happy dog - can you tell why? :lol:

Thanked by 3equalz RIYAD CheepCluck
  • @NDTN said:
    As answered by our staff, there is no issue with the node or our hardware. If there is a hardware issue, you would not be able to boot your VPS to rescue mode to take backup of your data. The issue came from your OS which might be caused by many reasons, such as software installed, OS kernel, etc. In your ticket you are just trying to blackmail us with ‘compensation’ for a free upgrade from 2 cores to 4 cores or you will post your “review” on LET (!).

So, are you admitting that your rebuild function has issues with the operating system? Didn't I tell you that if you admit that your default system has issues, I won't request compensation anymore? Haven't I mentioned this before? Also, why didn't I request compensation when the same issue occurred last year? And how am I extorting you? If you have no problem, isn't this post a good opportunity for you to promote your service?

• @NDTN said:

Moreover, I turned on the rescue mode yesterday and it has never been turned off. However, today, the rescue mode was turned off automatically, and the VPS can be accessed normally? Did you guys secretly fix my VPS? Can it repair itself? I asked you to replace the 4-core machine, but you just secretly fixed it and claimed that the machine has no problem?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ligoudan said:

@NDTN said:

So, are you admitting that your rebuild function has issues with the operating system? Didn't I tell you that if you admit that your default system has issues, I won't request compensation anymore? Haven't I mentioned this before? Also, why didn't I request compensation when the same issue occurred last year? And how am I extorting you? If you have no problem, isn't this post a good opportunity for you to promote your service?

When you reinstall the VPS from our templates you will have a clean OS. Blaming us for issues coming from your VPS with software installed then is not relevant, you should be the one to maintain your VPS/OS, we as the unmanaged provider provide support for network and hardware related issues only.

@ligoudan said:

@NDTN said:

Moreover, I turned on the rescue mode yesterday and it has never been turned off. However, today, the rescue mode was turned off automatically, and the VPS can be accessed normally? Did you guys secretly fix my VPS? Can it repair itself? I asked you to replace the 4-core machine, but you just secretly fixed it and claimed that the machine has no problem?

We have not “fixed” it secretly. So your VPS is working now after booting into rescue and booted back to the main OS?

• @NDTN said:

@ligoudan said:

@NDTN said:

When you reinstall the VPS from our templates you will have a clean OS. Blaming us for issues coming from your VPS with software installed then is not relevant, you should be the one to maintain your VPS/OS, we as the unmanaged provider provide support for network and hardware related issues only.

@ligoudan said:

@NDTN said:

We have not “fixed” it secretly. So your VPS is working now after booting into rescue and booted back to the main OS?

Yes, yesterday I forgot to turn off the rescue mode, and your staff sent me a password to log in by myself. I logged in successfully and can now use it normally, but all my previous data is missing! Although I have backed up most of the important data. If you haven't touched my VPS, will the rescue mode close by itself? Will your staff know that the VPS has been repaired and send me the password?
    I was just backing up the data myself, not doing anything to fix the vps.

• @NDTN said:

@ligoudan said:

@NDTN said:

@ligoudan said:

@NDTN said:

I reinstalled the system and won't say much more to you. Goodbye. Anyway, I won't delete the post.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

Don't get into unmanaged services if you can't manage them in first place.
    or at least take backups and be ready to reinstall things if you don't know what are you doing.

No logs, no attempt to fix, no investigation - straight out: PROVIDER PROBLEM, DOG OFF.

• ehabehab Member

@bdl said:

@ehab said:

@hocht said:

is your dog happy?

the nickname for this plane is happy dog - can you tell why? :lol:

reminds me of my 20's when the dog is the only thing that is ahead of me.

• bapbap Member

Yeah, their OS template is pretty bad. I had a problem with their Debian installation like three years ago, and when I checked last year, they still hadn't fixed it. To make things worse, their support is pretty shitty, they even denied mounting the Debian image (found the Debian image months later at panel).

But to be fair, for me, their service has been solid for almost three years now. I've never had any issues with their VPS when manually reinstalling using the netinstall method.

This discussion has been closed.