Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale

124»

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ligoudan said:

@foitin said:

@ligoudan said:

If they did nothing wrong, why did they suggest replacing the VPS?

Obviously you can't read. They really should have refused all your blackmail and offer nothing else, then you wouldn't misunderstand them.

Your job is to keep quiet if you don't understand. Thank you.

How much will you pay for the job?
    How about STFU and GFTO of both GCV and LET, instead of the paychecks?

And I think you got it wrong from the beginning. If it was indeed their VPS faults that caused these errors, can I not ask for compensation?

It’s not compensation, instead of showing your respect to our staff’s kindness, you used that to blackmail us.
    I’m on the trip in Japan now to migrate Osaka servers to Tokyo and could not keep track of this thread but it’s going too far.
    You will have 72 hours to take backup of your data for all of your VPS with us, after that we will cancel and issue you the refund for the remaining periods.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 2ralf Rockzz
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Can anyone summarize what the issue was for what all the drama here ??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

i wouldn't worry about it, just someone here throwing a tantrum.

• foitinfoitin Member
    edited March 2023

@NDTN said:

I’m on the trip in Japan now to migrate Osaka servers to Tokyo

you chose the right season to come :)
    any chances of new Japan DC?

You will have 72 hours to take backup of your data for all of your VPS with us, after that we will cancel and issue you the refund for the remaining periods.

finally GCV is doing what should've been done.

how do you like it @ligoudan :D
    looking forward to your version of I know I'm wrong, don't delete my machine!

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited March 2023

@NDTN said:
    I’m on the trip in Japan now to migrate Osaka servers to Tokyo and could not keep track of this thread but it’s going too far.

too bad we could have had a drink in Tokyo if it was last week

Thanked by 2Ympker ooowwww
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@ligoudan said: Don't try to be clever

I see you gave up a long time ago

@ligoudan said: As I said before, if they did a good job, it would be like advertising for them

And if you were half as good a reader as you are unthankful you'd notice that it is

Thanked by 2emg bdl
  • my only bad experience with them was nullrooting my VPS for 24 hours for doing a speedtest via bench.sh on the premise it was detected as a "DDoS" attack

• @ligoudan said:
    me:What's wrong with my vps that I can't access suddenly? ip: #####
    Operator:It seems OS error, please back up data via recuse mode and reinstall VPS.
    me:What is the detailed method?
    Operator:You can follow this guide to backup data: https://green.cloud/docs/how-to-use-the-rescue-mode-in-solusvm-control-panel/
    me:Why is your system so unstable? This is the second time this has happened! It's the exact same vps!
    Operator:You can backup your VPS then we can create another VPS for you.(Here, they immediately suggested that I backup my data and offered to replace my VPS)
    me:I am now in rescue mode after entering the www site files are gone!!
    Operator:Have you copied the hard drive /dev/vda1 to your computer yet?
    me:I have already backed it up, I need to replace a vps and add some compensation. This is the second time such a malfunction has occurred. I lost a lot of time and a lot of website customers because of this mistake!You can see my previous service Ticket #392492 - The VPS fails to start.
    In this case, Can I add 15 days of VPS for you?
    Operator:In this case, Can I add 15 days of VPS for you?
    me:This is the second time you've had the same malfunction,
    Because this time has delayed me a lot of time,
    And lost a lot of customers because of this fault!
    The value of the customer is immeasurable! So I think you should upgrade my previous 2 core cpu to 4 core and replace it with a normal vps to compensate me and comfort my hurt heart!
    Operator:In this case, we will need to forward your request to our management, he will get in touch with you via Email soon.
    Then I waited for a long time..........
    me:I'm a loyal customer. Other VPS are in normal use without any problems. Only this VPS has brought me great loss. I hope that your management team will understand my dilemma and contact me as soon as possible to seek a reasonable solution. Thanks!
    Operator:Please try again with passwd: ######## With compensation, our manager will contact you soon(I'm not sure what they mean here, whether they changed personnel or changed my VPS midway)
    me:Has this vps been replaced now? Or is it the same as the original one? "I dare not use this vps for fear of this kind of failure again. It has been a long time since your colleagues have contacted me."
    Please check the chat record before. I want to apply for compensation to replace a normal 4-core vps, because this is the second time that your vps has the same fault! I thought the first failure occurred in January 2022 was an emergency and did not apply for compensation. However, the same failure occurred twice, which caused great loss to me!
    Operator:Unfortunately, we don't compensate for the extra 4 CPU cores, because of OS-related issues. In this case, please wait for our manager to be online, he will contact you soon
    manager:Sorry, because this is OS-related issues. Os errors may occur during your use, so we will not compensate
    me:I used your Rebuild function to build the operating system, it is your default system that has problems, and I don't know whether it is because of this problem that led to these failures, this is just what you said! Because my other machines used this Rebuild function to build the exact same system and never had this problem!
    If the same fault occurs twice, I can suspect that your machine itself has a fault!
    Why didn't this problem occur with the same system installed on my other machines?
    Also, I only installed the web program and nothing else. How could it be a software or script problem? All my vps installs are identical. That's not true
    manager:We cannot discuss about your usage or prove it. We will act just according to our Terms of Service.
    Citing Section 4. Support:
    "As our services are unmanaged, GreenCloud provides hardware support related to customers server functioning. GreenCloud does not offer software support outside of the installation of items chosen from the order form."
    The server was functioning when handling it to you. If it fails during the usage, it is in your responsibility of usage.(Their manager began to mention the service terms, which they did not mention before. (This shows the difference between their manager and frontline customer service. Only frontline customer service knows how to communicate with customers.))
    me:It happened in January of '22! That is to say, I just bought it and used it less than 2 months before this problem occurred. Do you think it is normal? I submitted the work order at that time and then didn't apply for compensation because I thought it was an emergency. It's the same problem this time! You have to say it's the operating system, but I'm using your default operating system, OK? Are you saying that your default operating system has a problem? I will post our chat and how you handled it on the let and loc forums so everyone can see how you handled it!

You're a parasite that doesn't understand these issues are yours to resolve. You're expecting a "managed" service, and you'll find those prices are in the hundreds of dollars per month on the low end.

Tl;dr you lack basic troubleshooting skills and you're doing it wrong.

Thanked by 3emg bdl ooowwww
  • @imgmoney said:
    There is an issue with their template or they oversold their machines as the OP said. I have services with many providers, but only GCVPS VPS keeps getting crashed for serving static files only.

By not posting the crash output that points to the cause, I immediately lean towards blaming user.

I posted kernel crash output to my provider clearly showing I/O bottleneck. They responded in under 10 minutes that a failed RAID drive needed to be replaced. I work with developers that actually solve problems in short time when provided crash output, it's their fucking purpose.

Last week, my Oracle VM was crashing frequently. A little investigation showed it was Out of Memory issue from low RAM. Solution is to tweak memory usage or move to a bigger VM, not whine to the fucking provider that shit is too complicated for you.

See how effective knowing the cause of the crash?

• bdlbdl Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

• BLOCKED

• @TimboJones said: See how effective knowing the cause of the crash?

Not everyone will be as good in tech like you are. What most people can do is comparison.

If the same app works well in 1vCPU and 512MB ram with more requests. But fails in 2GB Ram and 2vCPU, with little request, then definitely it is an issue with the provider.

• @TimboJones said:

@ligoudan said:
    Operator:It seems OS error, please back up data via recuse mode and reinstall VPS.
    Operator:You can follow this guide to backup data: https://green.cloud/docs/how-to-use-the-rescue-mode-in-solusvm-control-panel/
    me:Why is your system so unstable? This is the second time this has happened! It's the exact same vps!
    Operator:You can backup your VPS then we can create another VPS for you.(Here, they immediately suggested that I backup my data and offered to replace my VPS)
    me:I have already backed it up, I need to replace a vps and add some compensation. This is the second time such a malfunction has occurred. I lost a lot of time and a lot of website customers because of this mistake!You can see my previous service Ticket #392492 - The VPS fails to start.
    The value of the customer is immeasurable! So I think you should upgrade my previous 2 core cpu to 4 core and replace it with a normal vps to compensate me and comfort my hurt heart!
    Operator:In this case, we will need to forward your request to our management, he will get in touch with you via Email soon.
    me:I'm a loyal customer. Other VPS are in normal use without any problems. Only this VPS has brought me great loss. I hope that your management team will understand my dilemma and contact me as soon as possible to seek a reasonable solution. Thanks!
    Operator:Please try again with passwd: ######## With compensation, our manager will contact you soon(I'm not sure what they mean here, whether they changed personnel or changed my VPS midway)
    me:Has this vps been replaced now? Or is it the same as the original one? "I dare not use this vps for fear of this kind of failure again. It has been a long time since your colleagues have contacted me."
    Please check the chat record before. I want to apply for compensation to replace a normal 4-core vps, because this is the second time that your vps has the same fault! I thought the first failure occurred in January 2022 was an emergency and did not apply for compensation. However, the same failure occurred twice, which caused great loss to me!
    Operator:Unfortunately, we don't compensate for the extra 4 CPU cores, because of OS-related issues. In this case, please wait for our manager to be online, he will contact you soon
    manager:Sorry, because this is OS-related issues. Os errors may occur during your use, so we will not compensate
    me:I used your Rebuild function to build the operating system, it is your default system that has problems, and I don't know whether it is because of this problem that led to these failures, this is just what you said! Because my other machines used this Rebuild function to build the exact same system and never had this problem!
    If the same fault occurs twice, I can suspect that your machine itself has a fault!
    Why didn't this problem occur with the same system installed on my other machines?
    Also, I only installed the web program and nothing else. How could it be a software or script problem? All my vps installs are identical. That's not true
    manager:We cannot discuss about your usage or prove it. We will act just according to our Terms of Service.
    "As our services are unmanaged, GreenCloud provides hardware support related to customers server functioning. GreenCloud does not offer software support outside of the installation of items chosen from the order form."
    The server was functioning when handling it to you. If it fails during the usage, it is in your responsibility of usage.(Their manager began to mention the service terms, which they did not mention before. (This shows the difference between their manager and frontline customer service. Only frontline customer service knows how to communicate with customers.))
    me:It happened in January of '22! That is to say, I just bought it and used it less than 2 months before this problem occurred. Do you think it is normal? I submitted the work order at that time and then didn't apply for compensation because I thought it was an emergency. It's the same problem this time! You have to say it's the operating system, but I'm using your default operating system, OK? Are you saying that your default operating system has a problem? I will post our chat and how you handled it on the let and loc forums so everyone can see how you handled it!

You're a parasite that doesn't understand these issues are yours to resolve. You're expecting a "managed" service, and you'll find those prices are in the hundreds of dollars per month on the low end.

What kind of bug are you? A slug? He followed the rules to the letter and all this happened? Are you one of their paid soldiers?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

@imgmoney said: If the same app works well in 1vCPU and 512MB ram with more requests. But fails in 2GB Ram and 2vCPU, with little request, then definitely it is an issue with the provider.

Sure, if you are living in perfect world where everything is equal/the same.
    Stop posting nonsense like that ffs, check logs, investigate.

Thanked by 2ooowwww emgh
  • lq9xlq9x Member

@imgmoney said:

@TimboJones said: See how effective knowing the cause of the crash?

Not everyone will be as good in tech like you are. What most people can do is comparison.

If the same app works well in 1vCPU and 512MB ram with more requests. But fails in 2GB Ram and 2vCPU, with little request, then definitely it is an issue with the provider.

It just proves that you are a noob.

@ligoudan said:

@TimboJones said:

@ligoudan said:

What kind of bug are you? A slug? He followed the rules to the letter and all this happened? Are you one of their paid soldiers?

Should backup your data instead of screwing around here and blabbing a bunch of nonsense.

Thanked by 2ooowwww TimboJones
  • bapbap Member

@JabJab said:

@bap said: Yeah, their OS template is pretty bad. I had a problem with their Debian installation like three years ago, and when I checked last year, they still hadn't fixed it. To make things worse, their support is pretty shitty, they even denied mounting the Debian image (found the Debian image months later at panel).

But to be fair, for me, their service has been solid for almost three years now. I've never had any issues with their VPS when manually reinstalling using the netinstall method.

What is broken in Debian template? also which template [so I make sure I don't use it]?
    What does the support said (please ticket content) when you reported broken template(s)?

• emgemg Veteran

@ligoudan started a new thread to apologize. Ligoudan wants to unring all the bells and retract all the personal insults that we got to see here in this thread.

-> The real motive appears to be the realization that GreenCloud was a good value after all. Now that their GreenCloud account is going away and they must move on to another provider, it will cost them more money. I say kudos to @NDTN for saying "enough is enough".

Here is the new "apology" thread. You decide for yourself if the apology is sincere or motivated by higher costs Ligoudan will incur when they migrate to another, more expensive provider:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185313/sorry-for-saying-greencloudvps-wasnt-good-after-sales

So the drama continues ... and in my opinion, it isn't going much better for ligoudan there.

Thanked by 2ralf emgh
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Time to close this thread

@ligoudan , you've shot yourself in both feet

Thanked by 2emg TimboJones
This discussion has been closed.