Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale

Comments

• -the end-

• @Ganonk said:
    -the end-

Another thread may begin

• these threads popping up like zits lately

• Probably not same, but I have same experience when I turn off rescue mode, VPS still on rescue mode even I reboot from panel / noVNC.
    After wait ~10 minutes finally rescue mode off.
    40% this happens.

For pricepoint and what i get their service overall pretty good. If you know what you doing their deal is great!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

@bap said: Yeah, their OS template is pretty bad. I had a problem with their Debian installation like three years ago, and when I checked last year, they still hadn't fixed it.

What is broken in Debian template? also which template [so I make sure I don't use it]?
    What does the support said (please ticket content) when you reported broken template(s)?

I recall @NDTN posting something about custom ISO images that this is no go due to SolusVM/WHMCS something something (and it's probably time/expensive for mounting isos manually for every client for 15$/year service)

Give netboot please (-:

@ailice said: Probably not same, but I have same experience when I turn off rescue mode, VPS still on rescue mode even I reboot from panel / noVNC.
    After wait ~10 minutes finally rescue mode off.

No idea if this was GreenCloud or some other provider, but I am 99.95% sure I've seen a message saying exactly something like that - "It can take up to 10 minutes to blablabla". This is probably low in priority/crontab scheduled and you just need to wait for 'execution' disabling rescue mode - clicking it in panel is one thing, getting things processed in backend is different thing. Manual reboot from console won't help/speed things up if VPS is still set to boot into rescue mode :-)

Current experience with SolusVM (and different providers) is: Give it time, don't rush things - if you click something give a few minutes to process things - don't click reinstall 10 times in span of 5 minutes and then ask why shit is broken :D

Thanked by 1ailice
  • ailiceailice Member
    edited March 2023

@JabJab said:
    No idea if this was GreenCloud or some other provider, but I am 99.95% sure I've seen a message saying exactly something like that - "It can take up to 10 minutes to blablabla". This is probably low in priority/crontab scheduled and you just need to wait for 'execution' disabling rescue mode - clicking it in panel is one thing, getting things processed in backend is different thing. Manual reboot from console won't help/speed things up if VPS is still set to boot into rescue mode :-)

Current experience with SolusVM (and different providers) is: Give it time, don't rush things - if you click something give a few minutes to process things - don't click reinstall 10 times in span of 5 minutes and then ask why shit is broken :D

There no message says it took x minutes to turn off rescue. Maybe they can added it on rescue mode page it would be great

Also thanks for pointing out, at least I know not only me xD

• @NDTN said:
    As answered by our staff, there is no issue with the node or our hardware. If there is a hardware issue, you would not be able to boot your VPS to rescue mode to take backup of your data. The issue came from your OS which might be caused by many reasons, such as software installed, OS kernel, etc. In your ticket you are just trying to blackmail us with ‘compensation’ for a free upgrade from 2 cores to 4 cores or you will post your “review” on LET (!).

You should refund the prorated amount and cancel his services. He is a parasite that is in over his head (taking money to be an admin when he isn't qualified).

Thanked by 1Obelous
  • Used Greencloudvps for 2+ years no real issues. Sorry always really responsive. I backup my server of course, a standard for any housing provider

• During their working hours, the response speed is still ok.

• lq9xlq9x Member

@NDTN said: trying to blackmail us with ‘compensation’ for a free upgrade from 2 cores to 4 cores or you will post your “review” on LET

Nothing to say :|

• At this point feels like GreenCloudVPS is being targeted.

Out of 25 VPS we own, we have 4 with GCV.
    Total of 2 network issues for ~1-4 hours each on one of the node in a year of usage.

No downtime issue, support response under 15 minutes most of time. No complains.

• @lq9x said:

@NDTN said: trying to blackmail us with ‘compensation’ for a free upgrade from 2 cores to 4 cores or you will post your “review” on LET

@lq9x said:

Extortion? I requested a replacement VPS and compensation after the first time I encountered a problem, not after the second time! Firstly, when I informed their customer service that this was the second time such a failure occurred, they advised me to use rescue mode to backup my data and offered to replace my VPS. However, I did not accept their offer at that time. After I backed up my data, they offered me a 15-day compensation, but I did not accept it either. Since they claimed that there was no issue with their VPS, why did they offer to replace it and compensate me? Shouldn't they follow their handbook? There are chat records available to verify this.

• I believed that their proposed compensation measures indicated that they knew there were faults with their VPS, or that they did not handle the issue according to their handbook. When I suggested replacing the VPS with a 4h one, they claimed that it was an issue with my operating system and not their fault. This was contradictory and confusing. Furthermore, when I requested compensation for a 4h machine, they asked me to speak with their manager. Finally, their manager contacted me:Hi,

to clarify the situation. The OS issues can be caused by software and scripts that you run on the VPS, so we are not responsible for any compensation in this case.

Thanks and have a nice day!

• Based on the aforementioned information, I believe that:

1.Their customer service may have been aware of some faults, which is why they immediately suggested that I use rescue mode to backup my data and offered to replace my VPS after the first incident.
    2.When I requested compensation for the backup of my important data, they offered to add 15 more days. Since they claim that the issue is entirely my fault, why would they compensate me?
    3.Their manager is not a frontline employee and only believed that it was an issue with my operating system and refused to compensate me.
    4.I made it clear that I used their default system and only built a web program without any additional programs. I stated that I do not need compensation as long as they acknowledge that there is an issue with their default operating system.
    5.Although upgrading from a 2-core to a 4-core machine may not be worth much, the time and money I lost due to this incident were significant. I am seeking a proper customer service attitude.
    6.It is not appropriate to blame all errors on the customer, even for unmanaged VPSs. Shouldn't they ensure the stability of their basic system? Putting an unstable system in the rebuild function and blaming the customer when errors occur is not right.

• I'm pissed! I'm gonna send out all the chats!

• joshnsgjoshnsg Member
    edited March 2023

@ligoudan said:
    I experienced the same problem twice on their VPS, but they refused to compensate me or replace the machine.

@ligoudan said:
    they advised me to use rescue mode to backup my data and offered to replace my VPS. However, I did not accept their offer at that time. After I backed up my data, they offered me a 15-day compensation, but I did not accept it either

So instead of accepting an equivalent replacement vps + extra 15 days in compensation, you wanted a free upgrade from 2-cores to 4-cores...

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@ligoudan said:

Extortion?

🎵 20 minutes later ... 🎵

@ligoudan said:

I'm pissed! I'm gonna send out all the chats!

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • me:What's wrong with my vps that I can't access suddenly? ip: #####
    Operator:It seems OS error, please back up data via recuse mode and reinstall VPS.
    me:What is the detailed method?
    Operator:You can follow this guide to backup data: https://green.cloud/docs/how-to-use-the-rescue-mode-in-solusvm-control-panel/
    me:Why is your system so unstable? This is the second time this has happened! It's the exact same vps!
    Operator:You can backup your VPS then we can create another VPS for you.(Here, they immediately suggested that I backup my data and offered to replace my VPS)
    me:I am now in rescue mode after entering the www site files are gone!!
    Operator:Have you copied the hard drive /dev/vda1 to your computer yet?
    me:I have already backed it up, I need to replace a vps and add some compensation. This is the second time such a malfunction has occurred. I lost a lot of time and a lot of website customers because of this mistake!You can see my previous service Ticket #392492 - The VPS fails to start.
    In this case, Can I add 15 days of VPS for you?
    Operator:In this case, Can I add 15 days of VPS for you?
    me:This is the second time you've had the same malfunction,
    Because this time has delayed me a lot of time,
    And lost a lot of customers because of this fault!
    The value of the customer is immeasurable! So I think you should upgrade my previous 2 core cpu to 4 core and replace it with a normal vps to compensate me and comfort my hurt heart!
    Operator:In this case, we will need to forward your request to our management, he will get in touch with you via Email soon.
    Then I waited for a long time..........
    me:I'm a loyal customer. Other VPS are in normal use without any problems. Only this VPS has brought me great loss. I hope that your management team will understand my dilemma and contact me as soon as possible to seek a reasonable solution. Thanks!
    Operator:Please try again with passwd: ######## With compensation, our manager will contact you soon(I'm not sure what they mean here, whether they changed personnel or changed my VPS midway)
    me:Has this vps been replaced now? Or is it the same as the original one? "I dare not use this vps for fear of this kind of failure again. It has been a long time since your colleagues have contacted me."
    Please check the chat record before. I want to apply for compensation to replace a normal 4-core vps, because this is the second time that your vps has the same fault! I thought the first failure occurred in January 2022 was an emergency and did not apply for compensation. However, the same failure occurred twice, which caused great loss to me!
    Operator:Unfortunately, we don't compensate for the extra 4 CPU cores, because of OS-related issues. In this case, please wait for our manager to be online, he will contact you soon
    manager:Sorry, because this is OS-related issues. Os errors may occur during your use, so we will not compensate
    me:I used your Rebuild function to build the operating system, it is your default system that has problems, and I don't know whether it is because of this problem that led to these failures, this is just what you said! Because my other machines used this Rebuild function to build the exact same system and never had this problem!
    If the same fault occurs twice, I can suspect that your machine itself has a fault!
    Why didn't this problem occur with the same system installed on my other machines?
    Also, I only installed the web program and nothing else. How could it be a software or script problem? All my vps installs are identical. That's not true
    manager:We cannot discuss about your usage or prove it. We will act just according to our Terms of Service.
    Citing Section 4. Support:
    "As our services are unmanaged, GreenCloud provides hardware support related to customers server functioning. GreenCloud does not offer software support outside of the installation of items chosen from the order form."
    The server was functioning when handling it to you. If it fails during the usage, it is in your responsibility of usage.(Their manager began to mention the service terms, which they did not mention before. (This shows the difference between their manager and frontline customer service. Only frontline customer service knows how to communicate with customers.))
    me:It happened in January of '22! That is to say, I just bought it and used it less than 2 months before this problem occurred. Do you think it is normal? I submitted the work order at that time and then didn't apply for compensation because I thought it was an emergency. It's the same problem this time! You have to say it's the operating system, but I'm using your default operating system, OK? Are you saying that your default operating system has a problem? I will post our chat and how you handled it on the let and loc forums so everyone can see how you handled it!

• @ligoudan said:

@lq9x said:

@lq9x said:

Extortion? I requested a replacement VPS and compensation after the first time I encountered a problem, not after the second time! Firstly, when I informed their customer service that this was the second time such a failure occurred, they advised me to use rescue mode to backup my data and offered to replace my VPS. However, I did not accept their offer at that time. After I backed up my data, they offered me a 15-day compensation, but I did not accept it either. Since they claimed that there was no issue with their VPS, why did they offer to replace it and compensate me? Shouldn't they follow their handbook? There are chat records available to verify this.

Oh come on.
    Even if we believe it, and your VPS had run into some node hardware issue.

They offered you 15 days bonus and offered to move your VPS on different node. What more do you need?

They don't have to accept anything, no business do. You faced an issue, they offered a solution, move on.

• manager:
    We are not saying anything about whose fault is what. We are just clarifying our responsibilities as a provider in accordance to the Terms of Service you agreed to upon purchase. We have been transparent since the beginning.

You should also review our Terms of Service section "Backups and Data Loss": https://greencloudvps.com/terms-of-service.php
    Backups and Data Loss
    Your use of the service is at your sole risk. GreenCloud is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on GreenCloud’s servers.
    me:I'm not asking you to take responsibility for my data, what I'm asking for is a replacement machine. You mentioned that it's an OS-related issue, but this issue has happened twice already, and I believe that it's due to a problem with your machine. You sold me a faulty machine which led to data loss, and you're not willing to replace it?
    manager:
    We dont have any issues from our side as stated. You can take backup of your data for your current VPS, we will cancel and issue you the refund for the remaining period.
    me:
    It doesn't matter if I don't change. Anyway, my post has already been posted, so it doesn't matter anymore

If you don't have any questions, I'll just give you free publicity, okay?

• In conclusion:if there was no fault with their service, they shouldn't have mentioned replacing my VPS and offering a 15-day compensation. By mentioning these, it suggests that their frontline customer service may have known about the problem. However, their manager doesn't seem to understand anything and only knows how to follow the terms and conditions.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

Holy ChatGPT wall of text, not reading those.

User that can't even try to see why his VPS is no booting is now now posting 4 posts one by one. No Edit, no planning - just dump shit... exactly like his VPS - everyone else at fault.

I am slowly starting to think that some people don't deserve to have nice things and GC support went fucking miles for him

--

@ligoudan said: Extortion? I requested a replacement VPS and compensation after the first time I encountered a problem, not after the second time!

10 minutes later posting 'support logs':

me:This is the second time you've had the same malfunction,
    Because this time has delayed me a lot of time,
    And lost a lot of customers because of this fault!
    The value of the customer is immeasurable! So I think you should upgrade my previous 2 core cpu to 4 core and replace it with a normal vps to compensate me and comfort my hurt heart!

Fucking liar.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @ligoudan said:
    In conclusion:if there was no fault with their service, they shouldn't have mentioned replacing my VPS and offering a 15-day compensation. By mentioning these, it suggests that their frontline customer service may have known about the problem. However, their manager doesn't seem to understand anything and only knows how to follow the terms and conditions.

After reading all of this, I can't imagine anyone wanting to have you as a customer. What a joke that you have customers of your own, hosted on cheap VPS(s?) thinking that the provider of unmanaged services will prop up the fact that you have a major skill issue as if your "customers" are their problem. Posting this nonsense from multiple accounts? This looks like a copy of the same blackmail thread from the other day.

• zhujizixunzhujizixun Member
    edited March 2023

I have been using GreenCloud for many years now, and their technical support is top-notch with fast response times and satisfactory service attitude. Recently, there was a RAID failure in their Singapore data center, which was beyond their control. However, they took responsibility for "the error" and provided compensation, which I think was a good gesture on their part.

The reason why VPS is cheap is because it is not a cloud service. Providers can only do their best, and you should be responsible for your own data. The provider has already informed you that the problem was caused by the operating system.
    Compensating you with 2 CPU cores would be almost effortless for them. If it was truly their mistake, they will certainly admit it generously.

Transactions should be based on mutual trust, and you should stop making baseless speculations.

Thanked by 1haodo
  • emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @ligoudan, thank you for recommending greencloudvps.

I have just bought a couple of VPSs and am now a happy greencloudvps customer.

Feel free to recommend more providers.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • haodohaodo Member, Host Rep

Hi,
    Special thanks to the commentators here, we are extremely grateful to have the opportunity to serve you. We can see that the community here is very fair and clever to see through this issue, so we do not have to explain ourselves anymore.

Thanked by 3emgh yoursunny Arkas
  • @zhujizixun said:
    I have been using GreenCloud for many years now, and their technical support is top-notch with fast response times and satisfactory service attitude. Recently, there was a RAID failure in their Singapore data center, which was beyond their control. However, they took responsibility for "the error" and provided compensation, which I think was a good gesture on their part.

The reason why VPS is cheap is because it is not a cloud service. Providers can only do their best, and you should be responsible for your own data. The provider has already informed you that the problem was caused by the operating system.
    Compensating you with 2 CPU cores would be almost effortless for them. If it was truly their mistake, they will certainly admit it generously.

Transactions should be based on mutual trust, and you should stop making baseless speculations.

Are you kidding me? How much is a 2-core CPU worth? How many dollars is it worth? That's irrelevant to me. Also, why would I spend so much time just for a few dollars? Do I have nothing else to do?

• @unsafetypin said:

@ligoudan said:
    In conclusion:if there was no fault with their service, they shouldn't have mentioned replacing my VPS and offering a 15-day compensation. By mentioning these, it suggests that their frontline customer service may have known about the problem. However, their manager doesn't seem to understand anything and only knows how to follow the terms and conditions.

After reading all of this, I can't imagine anyone wanting to have you as a customer. What a joke that you have customers of your own, hosted on cheap VPS(s?) thinking that the provider of unmanaged services will prop up the fact that you have a major skill issue as if your "customers" are their problem. Posting this nonsense from multiple accounts? This looks like a copy of the same blackmail thread from the other day.

Are you saying that cheap VPS doesn't come with customer service? I find it hard to imagine that anyone would become your customer if you were to sell VPS like that.

• @ligoudan said:

@zhujizixun said:

Are you kidding me? How much is a 2-core CPU worth? How many dollars is it worth? That's irrelevant to me. Also, why would I spend so much time just for a few dollars? Do I have nothing else to do?

Apparently not.

This discussion has been closed.