Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

greencloudvps had a bad after-sale

Comments

• @haodo said:
    Hi,
    Special thanks to the commentators here, we are extremely grateful to have the opportunity to serve you. We can see that the community here is very fair and clever to see through this issue, so we do not have to explain ourselves anymore.

You guys are too full of yourselves. If they did nothing wrong, they should have followed the terms and provided me with a data backup method, instead of suggesting to replace my VPS and offering a 15-day compensation. I strongly doubt that you have carefully reviewed the chat records. Since I dared to share the chat records, I have sufficient reason to do so!

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@ligoudan said: Also, why would I spend so much time just for a few dollars? Do I have nothing else to do?

Either you clearly don't or you're procrastinating. Either way:

• 4h
    work order

typical *** user

• emghemgh Member

@764664 said:

4h
    work order

typical *** user

These translations tools really have to stop the work order translation, it's deeply hurting to those to unknowingly use it.

• @kasodk said:

@ligoudan said:

@zhujizixun said:
    I have been using GreenCloud for many years now, and their technical support is top-notch with fast response times and satisfactory service attitude. Recently, there was a RAID failure in their Singapore data center, which was beyond their control. However, they took responsibility for "the error" and provided compensation, which I think was a good gesture on their part.

The reason why VPS is cheap is because it is not a cloud service. Providers can only do their best, and you should be responsible for your own data. The provider has already informed you that the problem was caused by the operating system.
    Compensating you with 2 CPU cores would be almost effortless for them. If it was truly their mistake, they will certainly admit it generously.

Transactions should be based on mutual trust, and you should stop making baseless speculations.

Are you kidding me? How much is a 2-core CPU worth? How many dollars is it worth? That's irrelevant to me. Also, why would I spend so much time just for a few dollars? Do I have nothing else to do?

Apparently not.

I made the post because I was unhappy with the way their customer manager handled the situation. I made it clear that if they did nothing wrong, my post would be promoting their service and I wouldn't delete it

• ralfralf Member

@ligoudan said:
    me:This is the second time you've had the same malfunction,
    Because this time has delayed me a lot of time,
    And lost a lot of customers because of this fault!

Guy is literally loosing millions here :D

Thanked by 2marian kasodk
  • @ralf said: millions

• tmepytmepy Member

Eh I accidently voted..... I did not mean to vote as I don't think there's anything wrong with the service they provide. Is there any way to remove my vote? I clicked on very poor reading it as very good :joy:

• There was a event "Nanjing Pengyu Case":
    "If it's not you did it, why did you help?"

• ralfralf Member

@marian said:

@ralf said: millions

Is he just talking about the tax bill he hasn't paid yet?

Thanked by 1marian
  • lol. that complimentary 15day extension is not a compensation for your inability but a goodwill gesture hoping you could stop harassing them and wasting support's time.
    obviously you are way too inconsiderate to read the air.

what they should do instead is simply to kick your kind of griefer MJJ users out and ban the payment account so yall can't buy their service any more.

Thanked by 2arda ooowwww
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited March 2023

@ligoudan said:
    Do I have nothing else to do?

yes, or just didnt receive enough love

• @foitin said:
    lol. that complimentary 15day extension is not a compensation for your inability but a goodwill gesture hoping you could stop harassing them and wasting support's time.
    obviously you are way too inconsiderate to read the air.

what they should do instead is simply to kick your kind of griefer MJJ users out and ban the payment account so yall can't buy their service any more.

Haha, you're making me laugh. They suggested backing up data and replacing the VPS from the beginning, but I refused. When I asked for compensation, they offered to extend the service by 15 days. If they did nothing wrong, why did they suggest replacing the VPS? After some time, the rescue mode stopped and the VPS was fixed automatically. Then, their customer service sent me a password and asked me to log in and check it myself. I have reason to suspect that they fixed my VPS without my consent. Your job is to keep quiet if you don't understand. Thank you.

• @emgh said:

@ligoudan said: Also, why would I spend so much time just for a few dollars? Do I have nothing else to do?

Either you clearly don't or you're procrastinating. Either way:

Don't try to be clever. I closed the support ticket long ago. I came here to post because I was very dissatisfied. If I'm still here posting even after closing the support ticket, it means that I'm not concerned about the few dollars for a 2-core CPU. As I said before, if they did a good job, it would be like advertising for them

• emgemg Veteran

@ligoudan said:
    You guys are too full of yourselves. If they did nothing wrong, they should have followed the terms and provided me with a data backup method, instead of suggesting to replace my VPS and offering a 15-day compensation. I strongly doubt that you have carefully reviewed the chat records. Since I dared to share the chat records, I have sufficient reason to do so!

We may be full of ourselves, but that is not relevant here. In my opinion, GreenCloud's offer of a replacement and 15 days compensation was reasonable. Reading between the lines, the primary purpose of this thread is revenge or extortion or both. Take your pick.

(Let us assume for the sake of argument that @ligoudan did not misconfigure the VPS and the root cause of their issues is a defective VPS. I am not at all convinced, but playing along as the devil's advocate.)

If you buy an electric drill at the hardware store and it doesn't work, then they replace it with the same drill. If you are a whining customer who complains loudly that the failure of the drill caused you to lose money from your construction business, the customer support person might offer you a $15 coupon towards your next purchase. They do it out of customer goodwill ... and probably because $15 is the upper limit that customer support people are allowed to offer without special approvals.

If your electric drill fails and they offer you a replacement drill and a $15 off coupon, it is unreasonable for you to demand that they give you a new replacement drill with a motor that has twice the power of the drill you originally purchased, no matter how much the failed drill affected your construction business. If your construction business actually loses that much money when a single drill failure occurs, the hardware store might reasonably expect you to keep a spare drill on hand.

The same is true for most things, by the way. If your phone suddenly fails during a call to close a million dollar business deal, you won't get very far complaining about the loss of the business deal to the phone provider, nor will you get them to give you a replacement phone that costs twice as much as the one that failed.

-> VPSs fail. It is a fact of life. VPSs do not come with a guarantee against "consequential damages" - such as loss of business. It was @ligoudan's responsibility to develop a proper business continuity plan (and execute it when the VPS failed) if high availability was essential to their business.

-> In my opinion, @ligoudan is experiencing the VPS equivalent of "road rage" and is using LowEndTalk for revenge and extortion.

• @ligoudan said:

If they did nothing wrong, why did they suggest replacing the VPS?

Obviously you can't read. They really should have refused all your blackmail and offer nothing else, then you wouldn't misunderstand them.

Your job is to keep quiet if you don't understand. Thank you.

How much will you pay for the job?
    How about STFU and GFTO of both GCV and LET, instead of the paychecks?

• ralfralf Member

@ligoudan said:

What is your job? Professional troll?

Thanked by 3emg arda khalequzzaman
  • @emg said:

@ligoudan said:

We may be full of ourselves, but that is not relevant here. In my opinion, GreenCloud's offer of a replacement and 15 days compensation was reasonable. Reading between the lines, the primary purpose of this thread is revenge or extortion or both. Take your pick.

(Let us assume for the sake of argument that @ligoudan did not misconfigure the VPS and the root cause of their issues is a defective VPS. I am not at all convinced, but playing along as the devil's advocate.)

If you buy an electric drill at the hardware store and it doesn't work, then they replace it with the same drill. If you are a whining customer who complains loudly that the failure of the drill caused you to lose money from your construction business, the customer support person might offer you a $15 coupon towards your next purchase. They do it out of customer goodwill ... and probably because $15 is the upper limit that customer support people are allowed to offer without special approvals.

If your electric drill fails and they offer you a replacement drill and a $15 off coupon, it is unreasonable for you to demand that they give you a new replacement drill with a motor that has twice the power of the drill you originally purchased, no matter how much the failed drill affected your construction business. If your construction business actually loses that much money when a single drill failure occurs, the hardware store might reasonably expect you to keep a spare drill on hand.

The same is true for most things, by the way. If your phone suddenly fails during a call to close a million dollar business deal, you won't get very far complaining about the loss of the business deal to the phone provider, nor will you get them to give you a replacement phone that costs twice as much as the one that failed.

-> VPSs fail. It is a fact of life. VPSs do not come with a guarantee against "consequential damages" - such as loss of business. It was @ligoudan's responsibility to develop a proper business continuity plan (and execute it when the VPS failed) if high availability was essential to their business.

-> In my opinion, @ligoudan is experiencing the VPS equivalent of "road rage" and is using LowEndTalk for revenge and extortion.

Your analogy is correct. Retaliation is certain, but extortion is not valid. If I wanted to extort them, I should have done it when the first failure occurred last year, not now! Additionally, before posting this message, I had already closed the ticket, and today I have given the VPS to a friend because I was concerned about further issues. As I said before, I only posted this message because I was dissatisfied with their account manager. You can refer to my previous replies. Initially, I communicated with front-line technical support (and the communication was pleasant), but disaster began when I started communicating with their account manager!

They immediately brought up the terms of service, but since they are bringing up the terms of service, they should always adhere to the terms of service (they should not have offered to update the VPS and extend it by 15 days, I don't need their meager offering!).

• @foitin said:

@ligoudan said:

Obviously you can't read. They really should have refused all your blackmail and offer nothing else, then you wouldn't misunderstand them.

I actually wish they didn't offer anything at all. I also believe they should strictly adhere to the terms of service! Moreover, since the VPS did not have any faults, they should have just provided me with backup data and a way to restore the VPS according to the terms of service.

Any measures, such as replacing the VPS or compensating with 15 days, would make me think that their VPS itself has a problem! When I mentioned this being the second time this issue occurred, their technical support immediately provided me with the methods for backing up data and replacing the VPS, as per the terms of service.

They didn't follow the terms of service in handling the issue before, and then when they switched to their account manager to communicate with me, they followed the terms of service, which made me very unhappy, do you understand? (And I don't need this kind of charity, thank you

• Why does your avatar have a cocaine nose bleed

• @SirFoxy said:
    Why does your avatar have a cocaine nose bleed

I am so angry with GreenCloudVPS that my nose is bleeding!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ligoudan said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Why does your avatar have a cocaine nose bleed

I am so angry with GreenCloudVPS that my nose is bleeding!

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • @foitin said:

@ligoudan said:

And I think you got it wrong from the beginning. If it was indeed their VPS faults that caused these errors, can I not ask for compensation?

• @ligoudan said:
    And I think you got it wrong from the beginning. If it was indeed their VPS faults that caused these errors, can I not ask for compensation?

You were offered a compensation - in my opinion a descent one. Now if you want to keep on complaining about how much time it did cost you, is the next thing that you start complaining how much time it costs you to keep on trolling in this thread?

You've made your point. You've got responses of users here. Now, that those aren't what you expected, maybe the issue is with you. Not with those users who you have started to offend too.

If time is that precious to you, start getting a life. Leave this thread. The longer you go on, the more of a fool you make of yourself.

• @ligoudan said:

compensation is what they offer, not what you extort.

and if you don't or can't post your syslog that can convince people and their support, it's your fault.

• ardaarda Member
    edited March 2023

I filled my rented house with gasoline and then smoked, then the house exploded, I wanted compensation from the house owner because the house was crap. He told me to gtfo instead : (((((( /s

Jokes aside, I've been using GreencloudVPS since this summer, and have 2 VPSes from 2 different locations. Never been happier, rock solid service. I once had an issue with a payment method, and they quickly sorted it out. For once, I even got response in maybe 3 minutes, where I was expecting a reply the next day!

• I've been using them for almost a year now and they've been solid.

Except the fact I don't make backups and I deleted my SSH keys by accident. Totally their fault :angry:

• @arda said: I filled my rented house with gasoline and then smoked, then the house exploded, I wanted compensation from the house owner because the house was crap. He told me to gtfo instead

You should've attempted to extort the firemen into giving you a 3200sqft home to compensate for the loss of an double wide trailer

• ralfralf Member

@ligoudan said:
    they should have just provided me with backup data and a way to restore the VPS according to the terms of service.

You should make your own backups.

Thanked by 1arda
  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited March 2023

There is an issue with their template or they oversold their machines as the OP said. I have services with many providers, but only GCVPS VPS keeps getting crashed for serving static files only.

This discussion has been closed.