Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIG DISK OFFERS: $2.4/TB all-in storage VPS and Ryzen 5950X w/big block storage! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIG DISK OFFERS: $2.4/TB all-in storage VPS and Ryzen 5950X w/big block storage!

Comments

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited February 2023

Thank you for the restock :D

Thanked by 2crunchbits greentea
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@pwned said:
    Got one for work. Thanks a lot! BTW, I really like the control panel and initial config--ssh keys, IPv6 option, VNC off by default, etc.

I'm a huge fan of VF, and @VirtFusion only keeps adding more and more quality features. I especially like how receptive to feedback and custom implementations Phill has been.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Got one. If I reinstall the OS, will the data in block storage be lost?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Something wrong with invoice check please help me for Ticket #AQW-670916 thanks

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Sweet> @pwned said:

Got one for work. Thanks a lot! BTW, I really like the control panel and initial config--ssh keys, IPv6 option, VNC off by default, etc.

Ditto!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • WTF?! You mean I can set both IPv4 and IPv6 rDNS in the panel, without a ticket? I thought this was LET. You might be too prem for this place...

Thanked by 1greentea
  • andynzandynz Member
    edited February 2023

Wow, best eperience for a long time. Managed to grab a 2TB storage when restock showed. Ticket to add 2TB tool less than 5min and the control panel is refreshingly fully featured.

So far this is looking very good. Thanks guys. I signed for a month to test the water but will be continuing with this sort of service.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Any chance of the 32TB coming back in stock in the near future?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I was lucky enough to get the 2TB version and the experience has been very smooth. I'm currently only buying on a monthly basis and I was wondering if I could switch to an annual contract for the same price if I'm satisfied.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@umzak It will remain attached you will just have to fdisk, format, and mount it again.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @namein said:
    I was lucky enough to get the 2TB version and the experience has been very smooth. I'm currently only buying on a monthly basis and I was wondering if I could switch to an annual contract for the same price if I'm satisfied.

I have done the same, signing up for the month by month. If you check page 1 of the comments Crunchbits said yes you can switch to the annual contract and keep the discount which is what I will probbly do if it runs ok.

"Ahh, misread that. Yes, as long as your original order was placed with this coupon you can switch to a longer billing period and keep it. It's a lifetime recurring discount as long as you have this active service with us. I totally understand wanting to try it out for a bit first, make sure we're a good fit."

Thanked by 2namein greentea
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Just pasting this in here for anyone wondering how to mount that storage: https://my.crunchbits.com/knowledgebase/13/How-to-partition-format-and-mount-your-block-storage.html

Thanked by 2yongsiklee greentea

@umzak said:
    Got one. If I reinstall the OS, will the data in block storage be lost?

As far as attachment, no. @PieHasBeenEaten is right.

Data integrity? Not sure. I actually haven’t tested that method. In theory it should be fine as the SSD should be the only thing wiped/interacted with and you should be able to just remount existing disk. Let me test this first and make sure first, though.

@SmashedSqwurl said:
    Any chance of the 32TB coming back in stock in the near future?

Yes. We could do it now I believe, I was just limiting to 2/4/8TB to cover more separate customers initially. If you open a ticket we should be able to take care of that manually, worst case another few hypervisors are done with initial sync and should be customer ready by 2/6 or 2/7.

@pwned said:
    WTF?! You mean I can set both IPv4 and IPv6 rDNS in the panel, without a ticket? I thought this was LET. You might be too prem for this place...

@andynz said:
    Wow, best eperience for a long time. Managed to grab a 2TB storage when restock showed. Ticket to add 2TB tool less than 5min and the control panel is refreshingly fully featured.

So far this is looking very good. Thanks guys. I signed for a month to test the water but will be continuing with this sort of service.

@namein said:
    I was lucky enough to get the 2TB version and the experience has been very smooth. I'm currently only buying on a monthly basis and I was wondering if I could switch to an annual contract for the same price if I'm satisfied.

@andynz said:

@namein said:

I have done the same, signing up for the month by month. If you check page 1 of the comments Crunchbits said yes you can switch to the annual contract and keep the discount which is what I will probbly do if it runs ok.

"Ahh, misread that. Yes, as long as your original order was placed with this coupon you can switch to a longer billing period and keep it. It's a lifetime recurring discount as long as you have this active service with us. I totally understand wanting to try it out for a bit first, make sure we're a good fit."

I really appreciate the feedback. It’s good to know what things are valued and what are not working out. Feedback on this stuff does have a lot of impact on what we do or what features we develop in-house or lean on our partners to bring. Of course as always: a billing plan term change will always carry with it valid coupons/specials. Term changes up or down, that is. I understand a full years commitment may not always be possible but m2m is, we’re not going to punish an existing customer over that.

• @crunchbits said:

@tarasis said:

>

Had another issue come up and interrupt us. You've all had multiple posts and while I don't ever want to do pre-orders, I'm fine holding back a few resources to make sure you both can get your orders filled. I don't want anyone to legitimately go crazy--and to anyone else lurking: I promise we're deploying plenty of these. The demand is just a lot stronger than I expected it to be, combined with testing all the disks/RAID components that just flat out takes dozens of hours before we're all comfortable with the logs to pass it.

I appreciate that, thank you. Glad it’s working out well for you, strong demand is great 😊

Wish I’d seen that they came back in stock last night before I went to sleep, but I see they are all gone again. Truly I snooze and lose 🤷

Thanked by 1greentea
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

I was lucky to order two different servers, one with big storage and one with Ryzen.
    Can I get two shirts? :-)

Order # are:

Thank you.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited February 2023

Not at the moment

Thanked by 1greentea

@tarasis said:

@crunchbits said:

@tarasis said:

>

Had another issue come up and interrupt us. You've all had multiple posts and while I don't ever want to do pre-orders, I'm fine holding back a few resources to make sure you both can get your orders filled. I don't want anyone to legitimately go crazy--and to anyone else lurking: I promise we're deploying plenty of these. The demand is just a lot stronger than I expected it to be, combined with testing all the disks/RAID components that just flat out takes dozens of hours before we're all comfortable with the logs to pass it.

I appreciate that, thank you. Glad it’s working out well for you, strong demand is great 😊

Wish I’d seen that they came back in stock last night before I went to sleep, but I see they are all gone again. Truly I snooze and lose 🤷

Couple more 2TB still available again.

@yongsiklee said:
    I was lucky to order two different servers, one with big storage and one with Ryzen.
    Can I get two shirts? :-)

Order # are:

Thank you.

Sure--DM me sizes and ship-to

• @crunchbits said:

@tarasis said:

Cheers. Ordered! #6413837752 (Possibly also a Ryzen for curiosity and testing)

I'm curious, I created an account earlier today so I could order quickly. Accidentally having chosen USD; I don't see a way in the various profile & billing pages to change USD to EUR to GBP. Is there a way to change it without creating a new account?

Aside I like that there is a dark mode, although there are a couple of bits that need changed to be usable. (The box where you enter the card info, in dark mode its an off white box with white writing. Impossible to read (Safari))

Thanked by 1greentea

@tarasis said:

@crunchbits said:

@tarasis said:

Cheers. Ordered! #6413837752 (Possibly also a Ryzen for curiosity and testing)

I'm curious, I created an account earlier today so I could order quickly. Accidentally having chosen USD; I don't see a way in the various profile & billing pages to change USD to EUR to GBP. Is there a way to change it without creating a new account?

Aside I like that there is a dark mode, although there are a couple of bits that need changed to be usable. (The box where you enter the card info, in dark mode its an off white box with white writing. Impossible to read (Safari))

Let me look into the currency change for account setting. Also appreciate the feedback on the website stuff. Currently working with a designer (and very happy with the early renders he's shared) on a complete redesign. Just took a few swings and misses before I found the right one. The stripe payment part in dark mode bothers me too--it also will hide the 'agree to ToS' box due to colors :s

• patiently(not) waiting for your new locations :)

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits Were there any working coupons at the moment? I ordered quickly yesterday because I didnt want them to go OOS and forgot to try the ones from this thread. If there is a coupon available can it be retroactively applied to my account?

Thanked by 1greentea

@tr0gd0r said:
    @crunchbits Were there any working coupons at the moment? I ordered quickly yesterday because I didnt want them to go OOS and forgot to try the ones from this thread. If there is a coupon available can it be retroactively applied to my account?

You could open a ticket. I am sure they will still honor your hastiness. :D

Thanked by 2crunchbits greentea
  • @tr0gd0r said:
    @crunchbits Were there any working coupons at the moment? I ordered quickly yesterday because I didnt want them to go OOS and forgot to try the ones from this thread. If there is a coupon available can it be retroactively applied to my account?

I don't know if there are other that are currently working but at least these:
    SPEEDDREAMING gives -15% for High Frequency VPS (EPYC)
    ISCROLLED gives -25% for KVM SSD VPS (E5 2680 v4 tier)

Just checked and someone has really gone shopping with those KVM SSDs, almost all out and there was still a lot of them just few days ago

Thanked by 2umzak greentea
  • cyanogeniccyanogenic Member
    edited February 2023

Are these deals still ongoing? Seeing a lot of activity on this thread. Looking for a storage VPS!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

Out of stock! any idea to restock?

Thanked by 1greentea

@cyanogenic said:
    Are these deals still ongoing? Seeing a lot of activity on this thread. Looking for a storage VPS!

The provider has kept restocking but I don't know how long he will continue.

Thanked by 1greentea

@tr0gd0r said:

There is--open a ticket (if you didn't already) and one of us will get it applied and taken care of for you.

@covent said:

@tr0gd0r said:

I don't know if there are other that are currently working but at least these:
    SPEEDDREAMING gives -15% for High Frequency VPS (EPYC)
    ISCROLLED gives -25% for KVM SSD VPS (E5 2680 v4 tier)

Just checked and someone has really gone shopping with those KVM SSDs, almost all out and there was still a lot of them just few days ago

I saw that too, the legacy KVM SSD started getting snapped up. No idea why--they're not actively promoted anywhere atm.

@cyanogenic said:

Yep. We're going to continue this special for at least another 1PB worth of storage plans.

@handyhost said:
    Out of stock! any idea to restock?

Soon (TM)

@yongsiklee said:

@cyanogenic said:

The provider has kept restocking but I don't know how long he will continue.

Likely indefinitely. We're exploring (based on some feedback and requests) an NVMe cached/accelerated HDD storage solution currently. We are also contemplating all-NVMe big storage plans--though they would be more expensive than HDD. I'm not sure what kind of appetite exists for those since they'll likely be roughly around the $11 per TiB mark.

Thanked by 2greentea maverick
  • cyanogeniccyanogenic Member
    edited February 2023

@crunchbits said: Likely indefinitely

Well I hope you don't mind me setting a changedetection up on your 2TB store page!

Thanked by 1greentea

@cyanogenic said:

@crunchbits said: Likely indefinitely

Well I hope you don't mind me setting a changedetection up on your 2TB store page!

Not at all. I do my best to make them live at the last possible second and immediately post, but I know of a few other change detections/discord alerts that go off and usually means if we put up 30-40 plans, they're gone within the hour.

• nameinnamein Member
    edited February 2023

@crunchbits said: roughly around the $11 per TiB mark.

the price is for per month? That was indeed a bit beyond expectations.

I've had a great time with Crunchbits so far, and I'm impressed with the well-designed admin panel. Their technical support response is also very quick, and I think I'll be switching to an annual contract with them soon for the long haul.

Thanked by 1greentea