Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIG DISK OFFERS: $2.4/TB all-in storage VPS and Ryzen 5950X w/big block storage! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIG DISK OFFERS: $2.4/TB all-in storage VPS and Ryzen 5950X w/big block storage!

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@hanhan said:
    out of stock

@Umair said:
    @crunchbits

Everything seems to be out of stock. Any ETA of when there will be more stock availability??

@Baris said:
    Good deal, hope for a restock ❤️

@tarasis said:
    Damn, hopefully that storage server comes back!

@taff said:
    I keep checking and they are always OOS. Guessing you guys like them too.

Ryzen's were restocked tonight. Storage servers still a bit of a wait, especially given the initial resync and benchmarking processes. Expecting next ones up for public on 2/2 and 2/6 as we just got another few PB worth of disks in.

I thought we were going to have some cool extremely affordable bare-metal or vdedicated options available (E3 / SSD+big HDD / small GPU options all for 1-time fees) but unfortunately they were not packed properly for freight and we had to refuse shipment at the workshop. A trusted provider has a few more on the way but since they're freight as well we never really have any idea when they might show up.

Thanked by 2maverick raza19
  • Good to know the restocking time, hopefully I can catch the next round.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2023

@crunchbits said:
    but unfortunately they were not packed properly for freight and we had to refuse shipment at the workshop. A trusted provider has a few more on the way but since they're freight as well we never really have any idea when they might show up.

Holy shit, why, how?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2023

@JabJab said:

@crunchbits said:
    but unfortunately they were not packed properly for freight and we had to refuse shipment at the workshop. A trusted provider has a few more on the way but since they're freight as well we never really have any idea when they might show up.

Holy shit, why, how?

Look at picture, gotta love some sellers

• @skorupion said: Look at picture, gotta love some sellers

Yes, I've seen the picture - this is why I am asking all those questions.

edited February 2023

@JabJab said:

@skorupion said: Look at picture, gotta love some sellers

Yes, I've seen the picture - this is why I am asking all those questions.

Came from a reseller/refurb that has a lot of recommendations, but I don't know if they outsource their warehouse work or maybe it was the guy's first day. Realistically, freight driver should have rejected it at pickup. Picture doesn't capture it that well but they were all smashed in on every edge, they compressed a bit too and then whatever they threw on top fell off and someone just threw it back up there. I guess that is why the pallets were stuck in Oregon for 8 days. Either way, it would have had a high chance of being rejected for

As much as I know freight likes to be rough, I really can't imagine this surviving the trip with any reasonable expectation of serviceability on the other end with how they "packed" it.

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • Got the same incident, dunno what happen (and i don't really care enough) and just mark it as a loss. When i receive it, the packaging were too thin (and torn, maybe to check the damage->) & it got hit by something heavy (got deep dent).

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited February 2023

Not sure why I needed another VPS, but the offer for the 4GB Ryzen 5950X w/450GB HDD looked really good. My YABS isn't quite what the example is on the first page, but still super fast.

Oh, and I put in a ticket for the additional 450GB HDD. Support took their time, using all of ONE MINUTE to add the drive and reply to the ticket. WOW!

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed 01 Feb 2023 11:09:25 AM CST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 11 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3393.590 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 491.1 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-21-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 481.80 MB/s (120.4k) | 2.10 GB/s    (32.8k)
    Write      | 483.07 MB/s (120.7k) | 2.11 GB/s    (33.0k)
    Total      | 964.87 MB/s (241.2k) | 4.21 GB/s    (65.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.42 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.51 GB/s     (2.4k)
    Write      | 2.55 GB/s     (4.9k) | 2.68 GB/s     (2.6k)
    Total      | 4.98 GB/s     (9.7k) | 5.20 GB/s     (5.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.19 Gbits/sec  | 187 Mbits/sec   | 144 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.26 Gbits/sec  | 361 Mbits/sec   | 155 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.06 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 158 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 816 Mbits/sec   | 582 Mbits/sec   | 222 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.61 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 69.7 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 2.60 Gbits/sec  | 1.19 Gbits/sec  | 66.1 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.67 Gbits/sec  | 453 Mbits/sec   | 39.8 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1644
    Multi Core      | 1641
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20223855

YABS completed in 5 min 23 sec

• And a speedtest CLI to Denver (picked Tampa by default...)

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Comcast - Denver, CO (id: 10051)
             ISP: The Winter Hill Companies, LLC
    Idle Latency:    49.06 ms   (jitter: 0.02ms, low: 49.04ms, high: 49.09ms)
        Download:  2376.31 Mbps (data used: 3.1 GB)
                     49.07 ms   (jitter: 0.10ms, low: 48.90ms, high: 49.88ms)
          Upload:  1667.33 Mbps (data used: 2.1 GB)
                     49.02 ms   (jitter: 0.06ms, low: 48.94ms, high: 49.26ms)
     Packet Loss:     0.0%
      Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/ec8ab657-8768-46d7-9bcf-b5e717f006a4

• @crunchbits said:
    Ryzen's were restocked tonight. Storage servers still a bit of a wait, especially given the initial resync and benchmarking processes. Expecting next ones up for public on 2/2 and 2/6 as we just got another few PB worth of disks in.

I thought we were going to have some cool extremely affordable bare-metal or vdedicated options available (E3 / SSD+big HDD / small GPU options all for 1-time fees) but unfortunately they were not packed properly for freight and we had to refuse shipment at the workshop. A trusted provider has a few more on the way but since they're freight as well we never really have any idea when they might show up.

Thank you. I hope that I can snatch a 4TB non Ryzen storage VPS tomorrow🤞🏼

• out of stock

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Yup, just tried out my luck. Still no 4TB storage vps for me 😄

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @crunchbits Any ETA on when we should expect new deployment of storage VPS'?

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited February 2023

will have the next batch released within the next 24hrs

Thanked by 1greentea
  • waiting for new code

ilovebigdiks
    Thanked by 2greentea ehab

@cybertech said:
    waiting for new code

ilovebigdiks

I think something is planned for that already :)

@greentea said:
    @crunchbits Any ETA on when we should expect new deployment of storage VPS'?

@hkbbdx said:
    will have the next batch released within the next 24hrs

@Baris said:
    Yup, just tried out my luck. Still no 4TB storage vps for me 😄

@atul said:
    out of stock

Correct on w/in 24hrs. Aiming for ~1pm PST 2/3 restock after maintenance window.

Ran into an issue load testing and had to fail two of the storage hypervisors after waiting for full resync. Two will still be up tomorrow, and worst case we will migrate the already built RAID arrays to spare hypervisors to get the next ones up sooner.

• lg is down.

Thanked by 2greentea crunchbits

@cybertech said:
    lg is down.

Man, you noticed that so quick. Was taking it down for some updates and figured nobody would notice at 2AM ;)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @crunchbits said:

@cybertech said:
    lg is down.

Man, you noticed that so quick. Was taking it down for some updates and figured nobody would notice at 2AM ;)

i am nobody.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @crunchbits said:

@cybertech said:
    lg is down.

AM could be PM in other parts of the earth :D

• Fact, you are never safe from Lowend Detectives.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • @TrK said:
    Fact, you are never safe from Lowend Detectives.

Yes, your trk.cx is down ;p

• Fact, you are never safe from Lowend Detectives.> @commercial said:

@TrK said:
    Fact, you are never safe from Lowend Detectives.

Yes, your trk.cx is down ;p

Yeah it was on NB SG and my PC is down since 24th January.

• @crunchbits said:

>

Correct on w/in 24hrs. Aiming for ~1pm PST 2/3 restock after maintenance window.

Ran into an issue load testing and had to fail two of the storage hypervisors after waiting for full resync. Two will still be up tomorrow, and worst case we will migrate the already built RAID arrays to spare hypervisors to get the next ones up sooner.

keeps eyes peeled

Thanked by 1greentea
  • keeps eyes peeled

Bingo, I've been checking all day at work, like every 20 minutes. I have an account already setup and ready to go the minute that it drops.

@tarasis said:

@crunchbits said:

>

keeps eyes peeled

@greentea said:

keeps eyes peeled

Bingo, I've been checking all day at work, like every 20 minutes. I have an account already setup and ready to go the minute that it drops.

Had another issue come up and interrupt us. You've all had multiple posts and while I don't ever want to do pre-orders, I'm fine holding back a few resources to make sure you both can get your orders filled. I don't want anyone to legitimately go crazy--and to anyone else lurking: I promise we're deploying plenty of these. The demand is just a lot stronger than I expected it to be, combined with testing all the disks/RAID components that just flat out takes dozens of hours before we're all comfortable with the logs to pass it.

Thanked by 1greentea

...aaand I forgot to post that an hour ago, but they're live now. Have fun.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Thank you for the restock 💪🏼 Order number 8836078365.

@Baris said:
    Thank you for the restock 💪🏼 Order number 8836078365.

Triple your stora--.. oh wait, wrong thread

Appreciate the order, though ;)

Thanked by 2Baris greentea
  • Got one for work. Thanks a lot! BTW, I really like the control panel and initial config--ssh keys, IPv6 option, VNC off by default, etc.