Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute - Email Hosting] Black Friday 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute - Email Hosting] Black Friday 2022

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited November 2022 in Offers

Hey friends,

It's that time of year again. If you need to get more familiar with MXroute, we are an email hosting provider that tackles the market with a different approach. The main differences fall as sub-points of these two key focuses:

• Death to "per user" cost.
  • Hyperfocus on outbound delivery quality.

We charge you for an allotment of storage, and you choose how many domains and email addresses you want to stretch that across. We use DirectAdmin to provide you with a basic control panel that you can use to manage your service with us. We also have several great webmail options:

• Crossbox
  • Afterlogic Pro
  • Roundcube
  • Snappy (Rainloop fork)

We're proudest of our outbound email system. We go above and beyond to get your email where it needs to go. We have our own network and our own IP addresses. They are militantly monitored and continually adjusted to maximize inbox delivery (as much as we can from our side, at least) at third-party services. If we suspect a recipient rejected your email due to our IP reputation, we try to send it from another IP. If this process continues to fail, we send the mail to our friends at Interserver (mail.baby) to try from their end. If they still fail, they send it over to MailChannels for the last attempts before we bounce it back to you. No one is doing more than we are to get your emails to your recipients, and no email service monitors for abuse as we do. You can sue me over that claim, and I'll win. It isn't hubris. Its blood, sweat, and tears.

We, of course, support all of the standard systems:

• SMTP
  • IMAP
  • POP3
  • DKIM/SPF
  • SpamAssassin

We won't stop you from using your protocols that have no direct relation to us:

• DMARC
  • MTA-STS

We're continually working to improve our service and open-source our work as we go. You can see some of the projects that we use daily in production:
https://github.com/mxroute/mxdocs
https://github.com/mxroute/spamassassin_rules
https://github.com/mxroute/mxroute_website
https://github.com/mxroute/da_server_updates

With all of that said, I'd like to present our offers for Black Friday:

Offer 1:
10GB Storage
Unlimited Domains
Unlimited Emails
300 outbound per hour (per email)
$10/year
https://accounts.mxroute.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=198

Offer 2:
25GB Storage
Unlimited Domains
Unlimited Emails
300 outbound per hour (per email)
$25/year
https://accounts.mxroute.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=188

You can always browse our direct Black Friday page here: https://mxroute.blackfriday/

We have some presales documentation that answers the most common questions for new customers:
https://mxroutedocs.com/presales/

Existing customers are welcome to order promotions, but they are incompatible with your current service. You would set them up like new, migrate yourself to them through any method you desire, and then cancel your previous service with us. You're welcome to do it, but we do not provide any automated path or migration assistance to keep promotions sustainable.

Comments

• Will there be any 2GB offer on BF?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@kidrock said:
    Will there be any 2GB offer on BF?

Unlikely. I'm increasing overhead this year.

• @jar said:

@kidrock said:

Oh. I have been using free Zoho for past few years and my storage is just around 100MB so just looking for 2GB to try Mxroute.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Been waiting for this Black Friday sale.

• will there be any reseller offer???

@ravi said:
    will there be any reseller offer???

Unlikely. I'm in the process of upgrading reseller hardware.

Thanked by 1ravi
  • @kidrock said:

@jar said:

@kidrock said:

Oh. I have been using free Zoho for past few years and my storage is just around 100MB so just looking for 2GB to try Mxroute.

What do you expect 2 GB storage to cost yearly ?

• @Liso said:

@kidrock said:

@jar said:

@kidrock said:

What do you expect 2 GB storage to cost yearly ?

Maybe 4/5 bucks.

• Is smtp transactional emails sending used on wordpress sites allowed in your TOS?

• @jar said:

@ravi said:
    will there be any reseller offer???

Unlikely. I'm in the process of upgrading reseller hardware.

So CM? :joy:

Thanked by 1TODO
  • Just a quick note to say I've been a paying customer of MXRoute's for a year and it's been rock-solid that whole time. The prices here are a bargain.

Thanked by 2jar pepa65
  • Good deal. We've been using them for over half a decade now, since 2015. Our first invoice # was in the first few hundred. We now have 200+ email addresses there, hundreds of forwarders, a dozen or so domains, etc.; overall they've been very reliable. We also use Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 across various companies, and Microsoft 365 has had the most and longest outages. It also has the most issues gobbling incoming email from prospective clients/customers. MXRoute has always leaned more towards allowing messages through - the tradeoff is that there is sometimes spam, in particular for very old email accounts. Less than ISP email, generally, but way more than Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.

One legitimate issue that we did have - we had a few employees using Roundcube webmail rather than Outlook or an alternate email client - after a software upgrade the webmail software wiped all the contacts. We had about 6 employees affected by it, and had to get them to roll things back for us so that we could backup the contacts before re-upgrading.

Whenever we've had to reach out, response times have been under 2 hours, usually under 30 minutes. Overall we're extremely pleased.

We're currently using their forwarders and some device specific email addresses across a few locations to automate scanning from big Kyocera and Konica Minolta printers (long since off contract) to save money. Scans go to the admin team and then into Xero/Hubdoc, without user interaction except for approvals. Most of the other email services (Goog/Msft) now require 2-factor auth codes from time to time, and try as we might to train them, we can't seem to get the Kyocera or Minolta to fire up their non-existent web browsers and enter in 6 digit codes. We'd have to buy new and more capable ones, complete with service contract, which isn't cheap.

MXRoute's flexibility (going so far as allowing insecure SMTP on alternate ports, for these older devices, and ISPs that block outgoing email through non-ISP mail servers) fits nicely into the organization to compliment some significantly aged hardware that doesn't even support modern SSL, and avoids breaking the bank from email address count alone. All employee email is obviously properly secured/encrypted and backed up, and the setup process for adding accounts to devices is now well known, so there's little administrative time when creating new accounts that employees need to get up and running. From the IT/management side, I'm pleased with how they run their service, and that they retain features that are solutions for very grumpy older scanners/devices, while continuing to add new features and more value over time.

I wasn't expecting much when I first signed up, paying only dozens of dollars back then. We just wanted improved deliverability - at the time they were using MailChannels (now some in-house solution?), so they delivered right away on that. But over the years they've grown with us and delivered far more service than we have realistically paid for. Unlike Microsoft, which has left us feeling ripped off, the feeling towards MXRoute is completely the opposite. We're very happy that we gave them a chance all those years ago.

• Have an BF2018 lifetime plan in my account,

By my entry level math skill, it cost about $33/y entil now, and will became $25/y next year...Until 2029 it will equal to $10/y :neutral:

Since it also have 10GB & 300/hr limit, I'm thinking what happened on that time...

But to be honest, the product itself and @jar 's service are great, no doubt.

Thanked by 2pepa65 ariq01
  • If I take the $10 plan, what will be the charge next year?

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

Would love to finally use the legendary MXRoute, but got a "fraud error". 😬

Edit: Already resolved!

• cloudridecloudride Member
    edited November 2022

Hi @jar is it okay to use the email service for outbound emails, we currently use google workspace for outbound emails 500-1500/day/domain.

I really like this offer so far just by going through this post.

• @AlwaysHappy said:
    If I take the $10 plan, what will be the charge next year?

YES

• Am I only one who have 500+ GB of emails ? Who are these offers for? Personal single (or 2-3) addresses domains ? I just don't see logic behind unlimited domains+25GB of space.

edited November 2022

@amarc said:
    Am I only one who have 500+ GB of emails ? Who are these offers for? Personal single (or 2-3) addresses domains ? I just don't see logic behind unlimited domains+25GB of space.

No it's mostly only you. Almost no one has that much email. Some do, not really all that many. I keep emails for 5-10 years and a mailbox still sits at 1-2GB at most. Business emails even. Right now [email protected] is just over 700MB and it has a few years archived. Order emails, invoice payments, pretty much everything necessary to replay the hostbill database by email + marketing emails from vendors, transactional emails, etc.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @jar said: No it's only you. Almost no one has that much email. I keep emails for 5-10 years and a mailbox still sits at 1-2GB. Business emails even.

No, on my personal domain and email address I sit at around 3GB. But my clients (which comes to around 8-10 domains) are totaling 500+ GB. They are businesses and have a lot of daily emails, attachments...

My only parallel was unlimited domains/addresses makes no use with 25GB of space. I would maybe want to use you and move my clients but can't. So I end up using HDD space on VPS/Dedicated and do it myself

• @jar said: Afterlogic Pro

Will it be available to old users? I am on taylor.

• @cloudride said:
    Hi @jar is it okay to use the email service for outbound emails, we currently use google workspace for outbound emails 500-1500/day/domain.

I really like this offer so far just by going through this post.

@jar can you reply.

Thanks.

• @jar said:
    Existing customers are welcome to order promotions, but they are incompatible with your current service. You would set them up like new, migrate yourself to them through any method you desire, and then cancel your previous service with us. You're welcome to do it, but we do not provide any automated path or migration assistance to keep promotions sustainable.

You should allow promo plans to be migrated to a higher price/spec promo plan and charge a fee for your hassles. You'll still get the ongoing promotion customer but now you'll extract a bit more from them, which if fully automated is just turkey gravy.

• @amarc said:

@jar said: No it's only you. Almost no one has that much email. I keep emails for 5-10 years and a mailbox still sits at 1-2GB. Business emails even.

No, on my personal domain and email address I sit at around 3GB. But my clients (which comes to around 8-10 domains) are totaling 500+ GB. They are businesses and have a lot of daily emails, attachments...

My only parallel was unlimited domains/addresses makes no use with 25GB of space. I would maybe want to use you and move my clients but can't. So I end up using HDD space on VPS/Dedicated and do it myself

You say 500GB of mail is for yourself (exceptionally crazy) and then nonchalantly clarify its for like 10 businesses like it's the same. Ain't nobody got time for that.

FYI, 50GB is a typical mailbox size at the big guys intended for large enterprises. One generally gets large mailboxes from many attachments and from spying on employees through secret BCC (get an IT boss drunk sometime...)

Thanked by 1ChefJoe
  • @TimboJones said: You say 500GB of mail is for yourself

I never said that. I sad "I have 500+ GB of emails". If it's up to me and my personal domain and single email account I would gladly take it with any comercial email provider. Than again, I would probably pay $5 per month to my ISP for static IP and host it under my desk :)

My only thought were: "who are these plans for and how do you benefit from unlimited domains/accounts under 25 of 10 GB of space"

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: Will it be available to old users? I am on taylor.

Yeah it's on there: https://taylor.mxrouting.net/afterlogic/

I need to update it to the latest version though.

Thanked by 1dotcomUNDERGROUND

@amarc said: "I have 500+ GB of emails"

If you're not already, compressing those may dramatically decrease your usage as well. I find with the zlib dovecot plugin it cuts everyone down to about 50% of what they would use uncompressed.

• @amarc said:
    Am I only one who have 500+ GB of emails ?

Without additional context/clarification, this statement certainly does make it sound like you alone have 500+ GB of emails

Who are these offers for? Personal single (or 2-3) addresses domains ? I just don't see logic behind unlimited domains+25GB of space.

No one uses unlimited domains+25GB of space in practice. It just means that one can create domains as one needs them, assuming ordinary needs

That said, Offer 2 clearly isn't intended for a bunch of businesses who need a lot of email storage

• @amarc said:

@TimboJones said: You say 500GB of mail is for yourself

I never said that. I sad "I have 500+ GB of emails".

Dafuq? There's generally only one understanding of "I".

My only thought were: "who are these plans for and how do you benefit from unlimited domains/accounts under 25 of 10 GB of space"

Sounds self-answering to me...

• Holy, s***. I found I have an active BF2018 plan (100G, $30 for 3 yr) just after I renewed my BF21 service (same price as this time). It's totally @jar's fault that he made his service much too awesome.