Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute - Email Hosting] Black Friday 2022 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute - Email Hosting] Black Friday 2022

Comments

• @kidrock said:

@ihell said:
    Just a tip for anyone who wants to migrate his/her email accounts from one to another (e.g. switch to jarland's promo plan).
    omm.ovh.net
    OVH has provided this migration tool that supports imap and exchange protocol. It can sync all folders / contacts / calendar from your old mailbox to another and it will send you an email once the migration has finished. You might also delete your migration history from ovh servers with so-called whatever GDPR rules if you have concerns about your privacy.

As I am using free zoho mail which does not provide IMAP/POP3, I think I will not be able to use the migration tool. Found this method
    https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/email-backup.html
    Will this work for exporting from zoho and importing in to mxroute?

For personal use level, you can get .eml by exporting in Zoho, so to configure your mailer to use MXroute with IMAP and to import the .eml into the mailer, I guess.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • MXroute support calendar event from incoming email?

• @jar Signed Up :smiley:

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dragon1993 said:
    MXroute support calendar event from incoming email?

Afterlogic Pro does have built in functionality for CalDAV and all of that, but this is my more complete thought: https://mxroutedocs.com/calendarcontacts/howdotheywork/

• @jar said:

@Vikasverma said:
    When reseller plan available?

I have to complete a migration of one before I can sell any more spots.

Any ETA when it will be available,, so I wait for you?

@Vikasverma said: Any ETA when it will be available,, so I wait for you?

Unlikely to be less than a week

• Thanks I'm waiting

• FireVPSFireVPS Member, Patron Provider

Ordered 59370

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2022

@jar said:

You mean promotional reseller? I can order the regular 150 package, on which server will this end (safari)?

@webcraft said:

@jar said:

You mean promotional reseller? I can order the regular 150 package, on which server will this end (safari)?

There shouldn't be any available for stock right now. Both Lucy and Safari are on the table for migration to new EPYC boxes with NAS attachments for vertical growth. But right now I'm having trouble mastering my technique for migrating a server with 1800 accounts, without significant downtime. I haven't landed on the final technique that I'm going to use, so I'm experimenting with it until I get it right.

Thanked by 2webcraft tototo
  • Bought a 3 year deal, thanks :-)

• 2G-plan is of my #favorites

• @jar said:

Both Lucy and Safari are on the table for migration to new EPYC boxes with NAS attachments for vertical growth. But right now I'm having trouble mastering my technique for migrating a server with 1800 accounts, without significant downtime. I haven't landed on the final technique that I'm going to use, so I'm experimenting with it until I get it right.

Any ETA for Lucy migration?

@kidrock said: Any ETA for Lucy migration?

I'd estimate between 72 hours and a month, if I'm being honest. I'm confident in the process I'm attempting right now, but I may not be tomorrow. I may have to start it over a few times, fix my mistakes as I discover them. When I'm happy with the results and I am convinced that I've landed on the best solution, things could progress very quickly. But I won't know when that has happened until I know.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • Seems I just missed out on $10 deal. Any plans to top up or is that it?

@PsyHost said:
    Seems I just missed out on $10 deal. Any plans to top up or is that it?

Probably it. Time for me to turn my focus back to the tech side 💜

• @jar said:

@PsyHost said:
    Seems I just missed out on $10 deal. Any plans to top up or is that it?

Probably it. Time for me to turn my focus back to the tech side 💜

Damn haha, all good thanks for the reply mate 👍

Thanked by 1jar
  • Ah bummer I was looking forward for this deal throughout the year, and somehow forgot to checkout the forum this year :')

• @jar Any chance you'd @notify anyone who is interested in reseller? I am evaluating our needs for the coming year(s) and liking what I see from you.

• oriendoriend Member
    edited November 2022

Got the deal, although I have no idea what to do with it, but didn't want to miss the chance. Oh, well...

@taff said:
    @jar Any chance you'd @notify anyone who is interested in reseller? I am evaluating our needs for the coming year(s) and liking what I see from you.

I likely won't remember. Priority for me right now is getting these migrations right.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @jar migrating from H to O?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2022

@Hxxx said:
    @jar migrating from H to O?

Aye, but also correcting a mistake that cost me dearly. When I provisioned these servers, in my mind I configured the root filesystem as RAID1 across 2 NVMe disks. What happened between what I thought I did and what I actually did has long since left my memory, but they were both sitting with 1 NVMe completely unused.

To make it worse, the one I was using failed on one of the servers, completely hosing the OS. Using JetBackup's disaster recovery looks to be about a week-long process for a server this large, and reconstructing things like /etc/virtual without just restoring full backups is pretty much impossible (they're encrypted and intended only for use with JB). Luckily I was able to get the drive to read long enough for me to clone it to that unused NVMe next to it, but now I see the writing on the wall, and I don't want to have the bad NVMe replaced for fear that they'll pull the wrong one and lose it. So I'm working on cloning it into better hardware that is configured how I intended for it to be (better, really).

Plus the systems at OVH have access to their amazing NAS product so I can expand the servers even further.

Thanked by 4Hxxx pepa65 Lex ralf
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2022

@jar aye , thanks for the details. Glad you were able to get a copy of it. In the part where you say "fear that they will pull the wrong one", well hello there OCD. Sometimes is useful to be this careful. Thanks for your amazing service. I kind of identified with your sentiment there.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I just made it over to finally create my account and get lifetime. :) Man, that welcome email is amazing. I wish my other hosts had provided that kind of detail. This is going to be easy as pie to setup.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Picked up a lifetime today as well... FOMO and all. Now I just read that mxroute hosts a free vaultwarden instance? Thank you thank you.

Thanked by 2jar kittrellbj
  • Tried to sign up but my IP was banned. Not using vpn.

• @eoamk said:
    Picked up a lifetime today as well... FOMO and all. Now I just read that mxroute hosts a free vaultwarden instance? Thank you thank you.

I didn't know about this, but you made me look it up. Very cool. Also from that thread:

@jar said:

@pullangcubo said:

@jar said:
    Have a lot of users on our instance, fully managed and have at it: https://pass.mxrouteapps.com/ :smile:

wth, I've been a long time follower of Mxroute but never knew about this! Do you have any other easter egg such as this? :D

I do. Mastodon at freesocial.co, pastebin at paste.mxrouteapps.com.

• Bitwarden :-0

• @jar been with you guys for two years now. Just picked up another yearly plan. Any chance I can request a username change?