Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VisualWebTechnologies.com stealing the website design of competitors
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VisualWebTechnologies.com stealing the website design of competitors

tester4tester4 Member
edited August 2022 in General

This is more of a public service announcement than anything. I would hope this would ensure nobody from LET supports this provider who acts with such blatant dickishness and a lack of respect for the work of other people/companies.

VisualWebTechnologies is actively stealing the website design/text of other companies, specifically HostArmada. I highlighted this on their thread and within 5 minutes, the entire thing was changed! Luckily I took a screenshot.

Original prior to being stolen: https://i.imgur.com/XTeHzwt.png
After I posted that it was stolen: https://i.imgur.com/7MPgGWo.png
HostArmada's package names in VisualWeb's feature list: https://i.imgur.com/YqRxG7T.png
HostArmada's package names mistakenly not removed from the hover on package features: https://i.imgur.com/ZpCGiYI.png

They seemingly have forgot to update parts that they copied, for example in 1 section it has the free transfer limits of HostArmada, then in the other it has their own: https://imgur.com/a/3Mnc2tH

How strange! The original looks exactly like HostArmada! https://hostarmada.com/pricing/

I'd think this would warrant a strip of their provider rights but I guess we'll see.

Comments

• mr steal your webdesign

• Maybe both bought the same template.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • Nothing stolen. There is much more hosters using a template with same designs.

Thanked by 2kkrajk martheen
  • @drizbo said:
    Maybe both bought the same template.

Nah, HostArmada is a very large hosting company with tens of thousands of customers. This will be a custom website design. There's a reason he changed it as soon as I posted this ;)

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@ascicode said:
    Nothing stolen. There is much more hosters using a template with same designs.

All owned by HostArmada, they use a variation of the same website for numerous providers that they own. For example:

https://chemicloud.com/reseller-hosting

• TGTTGT Member

It's a template that can be purchased prove he didn't purchase it then make a post! this is how hosting names get tarnished because of irresponsible people like yourself. More like "blatant dickishness and a lack of respect" you have for posting valuable information.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@TGT said:
    It's a template that can be purchased prove he didn't purchase it then make a post! this is how hosting names get tarnished because of irresponsible people like yourself. More like "blatant dickishness and a lack of respect" you have for posting valuable information.

Can you please clarify which template this is? I am more than happy to apologize if that is the case and request this be deleted - but I am fairly confident that isn't the case seeing it was immediately changed after I mentioned it on his own thread... as if it was stolen.... prior to me opening this as a thread as that sealed the deal for me.

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited August 2022

https://themeforest.net/search/vps hosting find yourself, dont know if its there.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

You mentioned this is a public theme, @ascicode - are you sure that it's actually public and not just re-used on all of HostArmada's sub brands?

Maybe I am wrong, but I am fairly confident that someone wouldn't immediately change it if it wasn't incorrectly acquired in the first place.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

Even the order of the content, the estimated visitors etc is exactly the same. Still so confident in your replies saying I am a liar? @TGT @vyas11 @ascicode

They even have the HostArmada PACKAGE NAMES in their feature list that they have forgot to remove.

Copied package names:

HostArmada's package names: https://i.imgur.com/YqRxG7T.png

• Ask hostarmada if its really stolen. Im sure they would appreciate your report if it is

Thanked by 2vyas11 martheen
  • @drizbo said:
    Ask hostarmada if its really stolen. Im sure they would appreciate your report if it is

I don't have to, he forgot to remove HostArmada's package names from the feature list.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited August 2022

We posted that at almost same time, so didn't see the picture before I sent.

That doesn't look good :#

• Rajat doing what he does lol

Thanked by 1adly
  • Hello

Thanks a lot for providing information, that are some contents look like hostarmada and we just had a chat with web developer and he said some contents had match with hostarmada we had directed him to changed immediatedly. and to some of your wordings that we're not the good provider but for your information we're here for the last 2 years and not a single person can complaint about our business, we never had defraud anyone so to your answer will change our content matches with other provider.

• what was wrong with the og one tho

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@visualwebtechnologies said:
    Hello

Thanks a lot for providing information, that are some contents look like hostarmada and we just had a chat with web developer and he said some contents had match with hostarmada we had directed him to changed immediatedly. and to some of your wordings that we're not the good provider but for your information we're here for the last 2 years and not a single person can complaint about our business, we never had defraud anyone so to your answer will change our content matches with other provider.

You tried to hide the pricing table after this was posted man! You did see that I posted a screenshot of you doing so? Stop lying to cover up for stealing the content of other providers, you got caught red handed.

https://i.imgur.com/7MPgGWo.png

• His display picture or logo here also looks like it may have been copied from NexusBytes. At least the colors and maybe style?

• @fynix said:
    His display picture or logo here also looks like it may have been copied from NexusBytes. At least the colors and maybe style?

Not only that, he word for word stole NB text too. Also the whole "family" bs he stole from NB.

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited August 2022

I just checked the following from visualwebtechnologies the copy/paste masters terms. It is copied/pasted from softshellweb.com or wirenine.com.

Violation of Copyright, Trademark, Patent or Trade Secret
    [company] prohibits copyright and trademark infringement – this includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, or any other copyrighted work. The offer of sale of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing any person's or entity's intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other personal rights will be removed or access to the material will be blocked. Any account in consistent violation of copyright laws will be suspended or permanently terminated.

@visualwebtechnologies, feel free to suspend and terminate your own website.

:D :D :D

Thanked by 2adly mrTom
  • HxxxHxxx Member

-Assuming the provider is not copying the content without permission...
    -and assuming this template is available for anyone to buy...
    -finally assuming the provider is legit and have been providing services to you guys without issues...

Why would you care about this thin drama?

• @Hxxx said:
    -Assuming the provider is not copying the content without permission...
    -and assuming this template is available for anyone to buy...
    -finally assuming the provider is legit and have been providing services to you guys without issues...

Why would you care about this thin drama?

Well there's nothing to assume, so there's no point doing so - it is clear as day copied content. Would you be happy if you ran a provider and you found out some host was taking your work and using it without credit?

it says a lot about a person/company to do it in the first place, and people should know what they are ordering and who from.

• adlyadly Veteran

It isn’t the first time they’ve been caught copying/stealing content, even going as far as to copy others interview responses as @dahartigan linked.

Clearly they haven’t learned their lesson and at this point it’s clear they have no plans to change their behaviour.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Outcomes when you underpay your website developer/graphic designer/etc.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2022

@tester4 thing is.. in the conditions I said: assuming he asked for permission when copying the content. If that was the case... then why would it matter if it was copied or not?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@Hxxx said:
    @tester4 thing is.. in the conditions I said: assuming he asked for permission when copying the content. If that was the case... then why would it matter if it was copied or not?

Well it wouldn't be an issue in that case, but obviously a large host isn't going to permit a random company to just steal all their site content :D

The main issue was the attempt to hide it when the thread was posted, and the fact that they never even updated half of the stats away from HostArmada's data. I would have POSSIBLY believed their developer actually did copy it without their consent if an attempt wasn't made to hide it originally as I pictured in my thread.

This discussion has been closed.