Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VisualWebTechnologies.com stealing the website design of competitors - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VisualWebTechnologies.com stealing the website design of competitors

Comments

• Well, might be part of the template.

• lirrrlirrr Member
    edited August 2022

Complaining about copyright in forum where people posted the thread asking for hosting that ignore copyright.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@tester4 said: Even the order of the content, the estimated visitors etc is exactly the same. Still so confident in your replies saying I am a liar? @TGT @vyas11 @ascicode

@tester4 said: Well there's nothing to assume, so there's no point doing so - it is clear as day copied content. Would you be happy if you ran a provider and you found out some host was taking your work and using it without credit?

A lot of this can be explained by providers buying the same templates which come pre-filled with a lot of marketing nonsense some of them don't change. Order of the content, estimate visitors, "etc." is all pre-filled in and providers are supposed to change them and it's hardly surprising some are lazy and don't.

Probably from the same template.

These are actually different, so..? For example, one says "LiteSpeed Web Server (Not for Germany)" and one says "Nginx Web Server".

However, the unusual camel case'd CronJobs in both perhaps means that VWT started with the Limitless list and updated it for their own use. This one I wouldn't care about - all web hosts are going to have 99% of the same features and it's not like there's a lot of creative thought that went into the wording.

However:

@tester4 said: They have also stolen KB articles from Limitless Host.

This is interesting. @rajat ?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@raindog308 said:

@tester4 said: Even the order of the content, the estimated visitors etc is exactly the same. Still so confident in your replies saying I am a liar? @TGT @vyas11 @ascicode

@tester4 said: Well there's nothing to assume, so there's no point doing so - it is clear as day copied content. Would you be happy if you ran a provider and you found out some host was taking your work and using it without credit?

A lot of this can be explained by providers buying the same templates which come pre-filled with a lot of marketing nonsense some of them don't change. Order of the content, estimate visitors, "etc." is all pre-filled in and providers are supposed to change them and it's hardly surprising some are lazy and don't.

These are actually different, so..? For example, one says "LiteSpeed Web Server (Not for Germany)" and one says "Nginx Web Server".

However, the unusual camel case'd CronJobs in both perhaps means that VWT started with the Limitless list and updated it for their own use. This one I wouldn't care about - all web hosts are going to have 99% of the same features and it's not like there's a lot of creative thought that went into the wording.

However:

You did read the part where they admitted to using content from HostArmada, and having the plan names of HostArmada in the pricing tables right? Not even including the data of things such as migration numbers in 1 section being the same as HostArmada, then another having their own transfer limits. :D

This isn’t a template, people just posted random shit claiming it was.

Not to mention the copied knowledge base articles, copied interview response answers among other things.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@tester4 said:

@raindog308 said:

However:

You did read the part where they admitted to using content from HostArmada, and even having the plan names of HostArmada in the pricing tables right? :D

@visualwebtechnologies - Any comments on this?

• Does all this copy + paste + edit make This provider “DMCA unfriendly “?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

I think this discussion has served its purpose, if LET staff wish to keep them around then that’s their choice. Please feel free to close this thread and LET staff can handle it privately.

@tester4 said:
    I think this discussion has served its purpose, if LET staff wish to keep them around then that’s their choice. Please feel free to close this thread and LET staff can handle it privately.

Personally I would let the respective and rightful owners of the content, material and/or design he has copied from to comment on this.

With regards to the KB articles, that would be @Lampard from Limitless Hosting?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

The KB articles aren't that large. If you change a few words, can't anyone use them?
    The questions is who is the original writer of the KB.

@Arkas said:
    The KB articles aren't that large. If you change a few words, can't anyone use them?

If a few words are changed, then I don’t think it can be considered as a copy, or a blatant copy at least.

• So was this apart of the template as well as tester4 pointed out @raindog308 ?

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

I don’t think anyone really cares about stolen KB articles, although it doesn’t matter if 1 word or 25 words were changed, it was still stolen work. I wish university lecturers had that mindset though! The second I mentioned them, they were deleted.

It is more about a pattern of them continually stealing the work of other hosts, it’s unfair to these hosts and it has been quite clearly proven as well as admitted that the content was indeed from HostArmada.

I miss when LET would’ve banned hosts like this in a heart beat, we may as well allow nulled WHMCS as long as they change a few words somewhere.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FennecFox said: So was this apart of the template as well as tester4 pointed out @raindog308 ?

Oh I'm not defending @visualwebtechnologies here. I did miss his admitting post above. Some of it may be template-derived (I see many offers and many have the same template so I think this way) but there are obviously unanswered questions here as well.

Thanked by 1FennecFox
  • hey at least he payed $200!

• @DP said:

@Arkas said:

If a few words are changed, then I don’t think it can be considered as a copy, or a blatant copy at least.

Teacher says no.

Thanked by 1emg
  • @raindog308 said:

@FennecFox said: So was this apart of the template as well as tester4 pointed out @raindog308 ?

Oh I'm not defending @visualwebtechnologies here. I did miss his admitting post above. Some of it may be template-derived (I see many offers and many have the same template so I think this way) but there are obviously unanswered questions here as well.

I kept wondering if the OP was edited since its very clear from OP and the HostArmada package names that this wasn't a simple template issue (also, templates typically put their info at the footer, afaik).

Way too many people commenting on shit they're not reading.

• @TimboJones said: Way too many people commenting on shit they're not reading.

Yes it was edited. You are also commenting shit without checking edit.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited August 2022

@drizbo said:

@TimboJones said: Way too many people commenting on shit they're not reading.

How does one check edits?

Edit: oh, you mean edit time, not the changed content. That's why it's important to quote reply the OP.

Yes, it is poor form by OP to materially change a post's contents without expressly calling it out.

• VoidVoid Member

Ah yes, the weekend drama thread. Interesting timing though, as Rajat is most likely about to post some Independence Day deals.

• @TimboJones said:

@drizbo said:

@TimboJones said: Way too many people commenting on shit they're not reading.

How does one check edits?

Edit: oh, you mean edit time, not the changed content. That's why it's important to quote reply the OP.

Yes, it is poor form by OP to materially change a post's contents without expressly calling it out.

Soz, I kept discovering new stuff every 5 minutes. I did make sure to post each update to be fair as a new post!

• LeviLevi Member

Acused person went silent. Automatically - guilty. Wait, does this apply also for purple D?

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited August 2022

@LTniger said:
    Acused person went silent. Automatically - guilty. Wait, does this apply also for purple D?

Nope! PurpleDaddy has too much cash to spent

• @visualwebtechnologies said:

@ dahartigan said:
    @ rajat is it true that you're an engineer or is that copy/pasted too?

Hello @ dahartigan

Sir i am a mechanical engineer and I copy pasted answers and this is my mistake I assure you this will be never happen in future.🙏

Please accept my apology on all let family.🙏

If you think its not ok then i will quit LET family.

Thanks

April 6. lul

Thanked by 1adly
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

So VWT did provide an answer. If it's just an edit of a commonly used template, then it should be ok?

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

We all do make mistakes, somepeople strive hard to fix up their issues and try to be best.
    like ihostart etc.
    Maybe lets give him an one-more excuse?

to lowenddetectives: No, I am not affiliated nor was paid for to say this response

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@Arkas said:
    So VWT did provide an answer. If it's just an edit of a commonly used template, then it should be ok?

Please actually read the thread before trying to defend something like this, no where in VWT's reply did it say it was a 'commonly used template' - it was a straight rip from HostArmada and it was admitted to be the case. He even tried to hide the fact once I posted the thread by changing the pricing table as is shown in the main thread. There is numerous screenshots showing copied knowledgebase articles and copied interview responses as admitted in the post right above yours.

This just scratches the surface on the mountain of other copied stuff on the website, such as the header from resellbox.in, that is factual proof of it being copy pasted as it even loads the content from their website: https://i.postimg.cc/MHKrTV6F/image.png

As you can see now, the whole website template has changed because they know it was copied and have been caught. This isn't a case of it being a 'one off mistake' - he literally admitted to saying he would never copy things again... then proceeded to do it:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3403873/#Comment_3403873

So strange to me that some people seemingly just don't care if a companies rips their entire platform from the work of others, I imagine that wouldn't be the case if it was your company being stolen from.

• @tester4 said:

So strange to me that some people seemingly just don't care if a companies rips their entire platform from the work of others, I imagine that wouldn't be the case if it was your company being stolen from.

You HostArmada?

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • chorongchorong Member
    edited August 2022

no skin in the game but it seems like they've finally gotten their own template, albeit with lorem ipsum and dead links galore

https://i.imgur.com/otPBzxO.png

edit: their whcms uses https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4746-hostx-whmcs-web-hosting-theme (demo -> purple & pink colour)

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

@plumberg said:

@tester4 said:

You HostArmada?

No, I only noticed because I was looking for hosting deals in Singapore and I came across HostArmada about 2 weeks ago, I then checked VWT and noticed the similarity. Kind of just snow balled from there, as people then found more. Limitless Hosting private messaged me their KB being stolen for example and apparently they also copied their LES post and LES administration punished them.

This discussion has been closed.