Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner is about to increase the price again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner is about to increase the price again

I just got this email:

Dear [REDACTED]

Energy prices from suppliers have risen drastically since the end of last year. This phenomenon is affecting people and industries across the globe. And since prices are not likely to drop or stabilize in the near future, we are forced to increase the prices of many of our products by approximately 10 %. In addition, we also unfortunately need to implement a serious increase to the electricity/air conditioning rate for our colocation products.

The price change will come into effect on 1 September 2022 for new orders. You will see the new prices for products listed on our website at https://www.hetzner.com starting on 1 September 2022. For products, which you have ordered and we have brought online for you before 1 September 2022, the prices will change starting on 1 January 2023.

Clients who have existing products will also benefit from having the old prices until 31 December 2022.

To provide more transparency for you and to allow you to plan for the future, we wanted to inform existing clients about this price change in advance in this message. In the beginning of the fourth quarter, we will write to you again with more detailed information.

Despite the change, we believe that our products still provide you with a fair price-to-performance offer.

However, if you choose to end your contract, you can cancel and/or delete products using our administration interfaces and within the normal cancellation period.

This was a difficult decision for us to make; we always strive to keep our prices as low as possible. We thank you for your understanding.

If you have any questions, we are here for you. Please first read our FAQs at https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/price-adjustment. You can also write us a support request using your account on one of our administration interfaces; once you are logged on, just look for “Support” in the menu.

Kind regards

Hetzner Online

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

Dont worry :smile:
    Price increase will come to every provider :smile:

Alot of power contracts are expiring.
    Its starting slowly ;)
    2023 youll see

• lucienfclucienfc Member
    edited August 2022

Noooooo! Again? I guess it's time to say goodbye to my favorite provider :(

• This is unfortunately hitting the entire market in EU (Atleast for now, US are increasing aswell, but not as drastic), in some regions power have gone up massively and in others pricing have gone up with absurd levels.. In my region, as of this time the power price is 13.5x higher than August last year, companies need to react on this if they want to stay in business.

• LeviLevi Member

Buy servers in Sweden or Bulgaria. They have cheapest costs per megawat. Germany and its natural gas tragedy will hit you multiple times and more then 10%/6 months. Time to think about alternative locations.

Thanked by 2miu hyperblast
  • Even with a 10% increase Hetzner is still way better performance/cost than so many providers

• Ops I did ti again..

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Buy servers in Sweden or Bulgaria. They have cheapest costs per megawat. Germany and its natural gas tragedy will hit you multiple times and more then 10%/6 months. Time to think about alternative locations.

Prices in whole EU are near the same, due to the open market (or w/e it's called in proper English). Bulgaria has been hit very hard, our electricity prices have doubled and are currently on par with Germany's prices.

Every country, part of the EU, will suffer from huge increases of their power bill. I assume, colder countries might offer a tiny bit better colocation prices, due to the naturally lower prices to cool down the equipment.

edited August 2022

@LTniger said:

Probably not.
    As Alex said.

It's coming slowly and delayed as I said. Due to the contracts expiring here and there. Wait till 2023.
    You need to eat the increase

• ask Tesla to absorb the increase!

• afnafn Member
    edited August 2022

@vitobotta said: Even with a 10% increase Hetzner is still way better performance/cost than so many providers

I kind of disagree with this type of comments as I feel it is an indirect way to encourage a provider and give confidence to increase prices, more than needed (possibly), or do it sometimes even when unnecessary.I know this time it is justified, but you don't need to justify for them, they already did in their email. Do you see what I mean?

For example, if they see people complaining, maybe there is a slight chance they will try to find cleaner/cheaper way for electricity in the near future, other cheaper suppliers, etc, but when they see everyone happy and justifying for them, they won't even care to find cheaper, since they won't feel a problem, they will see people just fine so why bother?

A lot of people are so Hetzner fanboys, they are great and stuff, I know, still remain good value for money, yes true, but you should not be saying it forever. It is becoming Hetzner slavery, just like people who are slaves to Iphone, no matter what price they put on the Iphone. At this rate, and with such comments, they will keep increasing prices and people will just keep sucking for Hetzner even when their lowest server reaches 100€. (not attacking you personally, just afraid of seeing an incoming hetzner sect/cult)

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Colocation in Germany (Hetzner) from 0,34 EUR to 0,53 EUR per kWh.

Thanked by 2Hotmarer miu
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

It will increase more in the coming winter if war keeps ongoing. Europe people wakes up before all PMs change in all countries but changing PM will not solve anything though. My best guess it will be near 1 eur per kwh .

Thanked by 1miu
    edited August 2022

Your Power invoice has been doubled!

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

The only country that has got hit by sanctions is a combination of multiple European countries

Thanked by 1miu
  • This years Black Friday be like:
    We kept 2021 specs and prices :trollface:

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2022

@HostSlick said:

Its starting slowly ;)
    2023 youll see

Yeah. Just called my local power supplier this morning. They always buy power one year in advance, so currently it's still 0,24€/Kwh, however they already told me that in January 2023, when they buy new power supplies, I should expect that it will at least jump to 0,40€/Kwh, if not more. So, Hetzner definitely is not doing this out of fun either.

Thanked by 2RapToN vimalware
    edited August 2022

@Ympker said:

@HostSlick said:

Its starting slowly ;)
    2023 youll see

Yeah. Just called my local power supplier this morning. They always buy power one year in advance, so currently it's still 0,24€/Kwh, however they already told me that in January 2023, when they buy new power supplies, I should expect that it will at least jump to 0,40€/Kwh, if not more. So, Hetzner definitely is not doing this out of fun either.

Where are you from if I may ask?

We already have 0,43€/kwh at our home in Germany.
    So let's see as well.

Some dutch friend got at home 0,58€/kwh

Hetzner has big Power contracts as a big dc provider. So even them being at 0,45 is bit concerning.

Our Netherlands DC price currently at 0,29 and 0,27 respective of the location.
    I expect as well to be arround 0,40 after October.

Thanked by 2Ympker hostdare
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2022

@HostSlick said:

@Ympker said:

@HostSlick said:

Its starting slowly ;)
    2023 youll see

Where are you from if I may ask?

We already have 0,43€/kwh at our home in Germany.
    So let's see as well.

Some dutch friend got at home 0,58€/kwh

Hetzner has big Power contracts as a big dc provider. So even them being at 0,45 is bit concerning.

Our Netherlands DC price currently at 0,29 and 0,27 respective of the location.
    I expect as well to be arround 0,40 after October.

Prices are indeed climbing really fast.

I am from Erlangen, Bavaria. Prices are from ESTW (Erlanger Stadtwerke; https://www.estw.de ).

Screenshot_2022-08-11-14-07-32-908_com.android.chrome

• That's what you get for forcing this "green" bullshit upon countries. Deal with it.

• Hetzner has many fanboys. It can afford to pull price hikes because it also has funds and is able to negotiate special deals with the government.

However, small companies can not afford price increases. In low-end market a price increase may mean customers leaving the company.

We must remember: electricity price increases; but salaries and wages remain the same. At the end of the day, to feed their families and heat their homes, customers must cut costs from somewhere because their employer would not increase their salary (also due to electricity); so this is how a dedicated gets cancelled, and another VPS, and another hosting plan.

Hetzner can afford losing clients; but small low-end companies can not. We need to stand up and fight this somehow.

Thanked by 4TODO nick_ afn MohamadSY
  • @default said:
    Hetzner has many fanboys. It can afford to pull price hikes because it also has funds and is able to negotiate special deals with the government.

However, small companies can not afford price increases. In low-end market a price increase may mean customers leaving the company.

We must remember: electricity price increases; but salaries and wages remain the same. At the end of the day, to feed their families and heat their homes, customers must cut costs from somewhere because their employer would not increase their salary (also due to electricity); so this is how a dedicated gets cancelled, and another VPS, and another hosting plan.

Hetzner can afford losing clients; but small low-end companies can not. We need to stand up and fight this somehow.

Paris has a solution.

Thanked by 2default TimboJones
  • Again?!

• tjntjn Member

@vitobotta said:
    Even with a 10% increase Hetzner is still way better performance/cost than so many providers

I hope its only/less 10%

• @corbpie said:
    Again?!

• Need to open up some more data centers in Canada. Our electricity (hydro) is $0.09324 kwh here.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2022

In UK it is so bad, many people started to organise in a refusal of paying energy bills due to high cost. Meanwhile Hetzner wishes to increase prices too. What could possibly go wrong?

• xrzxrz Member

ahahahahahahahahaahhaha ^^ glad we moved out

• Its quite simple, find paid shills in green party, russian agents that promoted nuke power lie is evil for a last 40 years hung them in public, as they lied to promote putler and rest of world that have extra resource to dictate prices

• tjntjn Member

@default said:
    In UK it is so bad, many people started to organise in a refusal of paying energy bills due to high cost. Meanwhile Hetzner wishes to increase prices too. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah but that's because: