Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner is about to increase the price again - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner is about to increase the price again

Comments

• Will also be interesting to see whether ZAP has put enough funds aside to handle the power increase for all the lifetime Minecraft servers @Logano (more ppl from LET got them, just forgot who it was).

Thanked by 2webcraft Logano
  • Same price increasing applies to Finland location? Yeah even after the raise Hetzner still gets the ratio. But the lower bound is rising.

• amarcamarc Veteran

It's about 80EUR in Bosnia in "regular" household pricings. When you are industry and big customer you negotiate that down to 50 easily I think

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We also going to increase prices a little bit, as expenses for electricity increased 3 times. It is absolutely normal.

• To my knowledge, Hetzner uses 100% Hydropower.
    So they are not dependent on natural Gas shortage.

https://www.hetzner.com/unternehmen/umweltschutz/

Do you know more about this?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@tsant said:
    To my knowledge, Hetzner uses 100% Hydropower.
    So they are not dependent on natural Gas shortage.

https://www.hetzner.com/unternehmen/umweltschutz/

Do you know more about this?

Alot of Power is from Gas still.

Demand rules price.

In the end, the whole Green energy thing from politic and energy companies is a lie

• @tsant said: To my knowledge, Hetzner uses 100% Hydropower.

Only in Finland, that's why servers are cheaper to deploy there.

• @HostSlick said:

We can only say "Thank you Putin!"

• @luckypenguin said:

@tsant said: To my knowledge, Hetzner uses 100% Hydropower.

Only in Finland, that's why servers are cheaper to deploy there.

Not only in Finland. In Germany too.

You can read in https://www.hetzner.com/unternehmen/umweltschutz/
    "In our German data center parks, we at Hetzner Online use hydropower."

Germany seems to be 100% hydropower.

• @tsant said: Germany seems to be 100% hydropower.

Where did you get the 100% figure from? Again, only in Finland, as per their own statement.

In Data Center Park Helsinki in Finland, Hetzner employs wind and hydropower for all of its energy uses.

For all = 100%.

In our German data center parks, we at Hetzner Online use hydropower.
    "Use" is a relative term. Can be 1%, 99% or 0.0001%. I also use hydropower when I flush the toilet.

• @luckypenguin said:

@tsant said: Germany seems to be 100% hydropower.

Where did you get the 100% figure from? Again, only in Finland, as per their own statement.

In Data Center Park Helsinki in Finland, Hetzner employs wind and hydropower for all of its energy uses.

For all = 100%.

In our German data center parks, we at Hetzner Online use hydropower.
    "Use" is a relative term. Can be 1%, 99% or 0.0001%. I also use hydropower when I flush the toilet.

If you see the link above, there is a link opening a PDF certificate.
    This one here: https://www.hetzner.com/assets/Uploads/downloads/oekostrom-zertifikat-2022.pdf

It says 100%.

• @WebSSD said:

@HostSlick said:

No. Thank you EU for sanctioning energy.

Thanked by 2bikegremlin miu
  • It wouldn't surprise me if crypto got declared illegal and non-eco-friendly by October...
    :)

Thanked by 2hostdare bulbasaur
  • We also have increased prices on our DC due to a massive increment of €/kW.

• @bikegremlin said: It wouldn't surprise me if crypto got declared illegal and non-eco-friendly by October...

Declared by who? Greta? Mining gold and diamons waste resources as well.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

Curious: lets say X is the current monthly fee for location/plan of choice. At what percentage increase in fees will you pull the plug on the service?

1.2x?(or upto 20 percent increase)
    1.5x?
    2x?

The reason I ask is-
    There has to be an inflection point somewhere, till then no matter the increase most many will suck it up and absorb or pass on costs. A la cPanel..

Edit: some may use this opportunity to disproportionately increase fees

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

@default said:

@WebSSD said:

@HostSlick said:

No. Thank you EU for sanctioning energy.

Germany GOV decided cancel & close till end of 2022 all their 3 Nuclear PowerPlants.
    What will be of course another Energy disaster and hard wound for Germany - for their citizens and Companies (not for traitors, idiots & saboteurs in their puppet GOVs)

But his explanation will be again "Thank you Putin!"

So, you useless loss time only with such "The thinker" as he is.

Hurricane on Florida? => "Thank you Putin!"
    Earthquake in Australia? => "Thank you Putin!"
    Floods in Brazil? => "Thank you Putin!"

Gravediggers of EU nations made "SANCTIONS", caused delivery disruption of everything from Russia, recession is now here, a now they blame, scream and "explain" => "It everything Putin!"

etc.

In first line, say thank you to this Satanic Diva, chief of European Commission (self-proclaimed leading association of idiots and saboteurs on EU nations, nobody voted them but they control whole continent, better said DESTROY and lead to the abyss, not control):

Thanked by 1default
  • miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

European Union creates "sanctions" against Russia:

https://www.veed.io/view/b1645ef8-de8c-41c3-91dc-636f51aaa631

-

Thanked by 1default
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@miu said: Germany GOV decided cancel & close till end of 2022 all their 3 Nuclear PowerPlants.

If they have some tiny brains left, they should have started the plants or built or restarted old plants. You cannot be supplying weapons to Ukraine, sanctioning Russia, and then buying Russian energy all on the same plate.

Thanked by 3default Logano sliix
  • @amarc said:
    It's about 80EUR in Bosnia in "regular" household pricings. When you are industry and big customer you negotiate that down to 50 easily I think

Čuj to

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2022

I paid in home till now 0.14€/kWh. Now is expected and discussed about up to 300% increase in price. My country is producing more elect. energy how need and is able consume for all own consumption, but: Problem are traitors and saboteurs several years in Governments, who first "privatized" and sold out our PowerPlants to foreign owners, now our cheap electricity is delivered to foreign companies and subsequently bought expensively on foreign energy exchanges/markets in return. It doesn't matter that the production of electricity here is cheap and its costs have not increased (Nuclear and HydroPlants), it will cost 3 times more, because the price will be governed by (foreign) market prices. This is an example of how traitors and criminals in governments work against their own (stupid, passive) people and nation, and sell them everything before their eyes .
    With the water the same: Water, what is obtained here from our Mountains and natural sources, what belonged to us all before (mean my land citizens), now is owned by Foreign (france) company, what is here now monopoly water suppliers and sell expensive our water from our lands and nature, to us. Fantastic progress and move. But... We should be happy bcs we are in European Union!! Exactly as Schwab slaver said: You will own nothing and you will be happy - is plan and become gradually a reality. In Netherland these fascists take land from people and forbid them cultivation of agricultural crops, etc. We let ourselves be guided and leaded into hell and total slavery (this is hardest tax for disinterest of ppl for politics). And if we don't come to our senses and stop it, it will be very bad and late

• @tjn said:

@default said:
    In UK it is so bad, many people started to organise in a refusal of paying energy bills due to high cost. Meanwhile Hetzner wishes to increase prices too. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah but that's because:

This is from Novara Media and it's already been proven to be fake.

• tjntjn Member

I think there is a difference in wholesale electricity prices vs consumer prices.

From my limited research, I don't think it's entirely fake - more like oversimplified and displayed incorrectly on this bar chart. Could you post the source that debunked it?

For example, the cap in France does seem to actually be 4% a year for consumers as per this Euronews article.

But France has stepped up its game at the source, forcing the state-owned energy provider EDF to limit electricity wholesale price rises to 4 per cent for a year. The move is expected to cost €8.4 billion.

But I have no doubt that prices have risen pretty steadily for all of Europe.

• @tjn said:
    I think there is a difference in wholesale electricity prices vs consumer prices.

From my limited research, I don't think it's entirely fake - more like oversimplified and displayed incorrectly on this bar chart. Could you post the source that debunked it?

For example, the cap in France does seem to actually be 4% a year for consumers as per this Euronews article.

But France has stepped up its game at the source, forcing the state-owned energy provider EDF to limit electricity wholesale price rises to 4 per cent for a year. The move is expected to cost €8.4 billion.

But I have no doubt that prices have risen pretty steadily for all of Europe.

https://www.rystadenergy.com/newsevents/news/press-releases/europe-power-pain-arrives-earlier-than-expected-with-limited-options-in-gas-LNG-coal-nuclear-and-renewables/
    https://order-order.com/2022/08/11/frances-edf-nationalisation-proves-no-easy-fix-for-crisis/

Recent uncertainty surrounding Russian gas exports to Europe caused the baseload price to rebound to the current €278 per MWh – more than triple the price of a year ago.

• tjntjn Member

At the risk of completely derailing the thread.

The link you posted doesn't really debunk the bar graph.
    I'm not trying to claim the graph is super accurate either - but it does seem to give a general idea of how much more consumers are paying in the UK due to inaction on part of our govt.

From what I can see with the information that is publically available, UK consumer energy prices do seem to be higher than most of the other countries in Europe though.

• miumiu Member

--

Actual Average price for MWh in Russia is currently: ~ 19€

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@miu said:

--

Let's Form a Offshore company with Nominee directors and host/Colocate in Russia.
    Maybe cost a few thousand Euro + LIR for a ASN. But the invested money will be back quickly at this amount of power price

Only problem is logistic with current Hardware Suppliers in EU
    Need RU suppliers

• miumiu Member

@HostSlick said:

@miu said:

--

Let's Form a Offshore company with Nominee directors and host/Colocate in Russia.
    Maybe cost a few thousand Euro + LIR for a ASN. But the invested money will be back quickly at this amount of power price

Only problem is logistic with current Hardware Suppliers in EU
    Need RU suppliers

Seychelles companies are now more complicated (obligation to keep bookkeeping etc.), but Nominees still cheapest there. But more difficult is then open Bank Account (Banks not very like offshore companies). I had last months several times problem with Renew of Russia domains and payment for Servers there: All my transactions was denied there and too all debit card (Visa, Master..) unable charge and pass through their payment gateways (because "sanctions" - euro fascists decide for who and what i can pay from my hard earned own money and for who i cannot). Fortunately, friends who have friends in Russia helped me and paid all services in my behalf. So now it is quite more complicated - do any business in Russia and resolve payments, if your are from association of mads called EU.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I'm afraid we will see price increases in the entire industry and not only because of higher power costs, but especially in Europe, the prices had been low for quite some time, so providers will take this opportunity to include price hikes for profit as well.

Thanked by 1miu