Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch is it still alive? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch is it still alive?

Comments

• drizbodrizbo Member

@vyas11 said:

@drizbo said:

Biggest downtime was i think 3 minutes 10 days ago when they had scheduled maintenance

That Sir is incomplete information

Kindly supplement it by mentioning how many millions were lost because of downtime

Its part of a cluster good Sir. There is no downtime even if I loose 4 servers in the cluster.

• Checking back on this thread, it's much as I suspected.
    The typical onboarding hiccups with a new client owing to payment processor.

• noobjockeysnoobjockeys Member
    edited July 2022

@hosthatch said: This delay is not on us. Please contact PayPal and ask them why they held up your payment (and also please note that replying to your ticket every hour or opening new ones just delays the process). Sorry for the rough start that you've had with us.

It is on you actually, you will have received an email from Paypal stating that the payment has been held.

It takes 1 minute to inform the customer that his/her payment has been held with Paypal and will be released or returned within 48 hours.

If you are unwilling to communicate to a customer such a simple message then no wonder nobody is recommending your services nowadays.

From what I have read it seems your company is just not willing to support/help anyone who has some sort of an issue with their order.

• I have services hosted by hosthatch, but they seemed to be going into disarray. Horrible performance.

I will not be renewing with them this time.

• @noobjockeys said: It is on you actually, you will have received an email from Paypal stating that the payment has been held.

It takes 1 minute to inform the customer that his/her payment has been held with Paypal and will be released or returned within 48 hours.

So how exactly is the delay on them? You say it's their fault but then never explain how. You just rant about how they didn't email the customer which wouldn't have affect the actual delay itself a bit.

• toppertopper Member

seems the promo plan will receive a significantly different treatment on the ticket system compared to the "start from $4/mo" plan.

just feel lucky for the OP did not receive any penalty bill for "abusing the ticket system".

• Well.. it's been discussed a trillion times in different threads. If you want support, HostHatch is not for you. And yeah, during the very long period of having two different Panels and different Hardware generations, they recently told me, that in Zürich, Vienna and a third location they (I believe its Oslo), they still use old routers and switches which caused issues with IPv6.. I'm a customer since 2017 with 3 different storage servers in two locations, and 4 different compute servers all of them in their new CP. They are all super solid, really bang for the buck and I never had issues with any of the server stability.

If you can live with the downsides of having inferior support, I wouldn't find any reason to not go with them. The network in Amsterdam is also outstanding.

The choice is up to you.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @skorous said: So how exactly is the delay on them? You say it's their fault but then never explain how. You just rant about how they didn't email the customer which wouldn't have affected the actual delay itself a bit.

The customer would not have had to express their frustration on LET if he was informed of the situation. He chose to come and defend himself on here rather than directly with the customer using the online ticketing system which takes longer than just replying to the ticket. It baffles me how many LET members defend such shittery in business practice.

The delay itself is not a Hosthatch problem, but the delay in the customer's anxiety/worry is their problem due to no communication.

This is simple stuff for a legit business operation, communication with the customer.

• @noobjockeys said:

@hosthatch said: This delay is not on us.

It is on you actually, you will have received an email from Paypal stating that the payment has been held.

and

@noobjockeys said: The delay itself is not a Hosthatch problem

You can see why I was confused.

• You got me, that was an incorrect statement.

Everything else I have stated is completely accurate.

• coldcold Member

well, I'm afraid I gonna leave them also... WITHOUT DRAMA

• @cold said:

You should at the bare minimum tell them you let off a party popper

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@chria838373 said:

Interesting that you ran away and hid under a rock from your previous "ponzi scheme" comment.

@noobjockeys said: The delay itself is not a Hosthatch problem, but the delay in the customer's anxiety/worry is their problem due to no communication.

We don't handle PayPal's support, so I cannot comment on that, sorry.

We never got the payment, and we communicated that to the customer, multiple times. There was never "no communication". We repeatedly replied to the customer's ticket that we have not received payment.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • chria838373chria838373 Member
    edited July 2022

Interesting that you ran away and hid under a rock from your previous "ponzi scheme" comment.

If you want to see it again, then read the comment again. I didnt think you'd need it repeating?

I dont make a habit of reguritating my previous comments - feel free to send me a pm and I can privately send you a link to it on demand whenever you want to relive the experience :)

@chria838373 said:

If you want to see it again, then read the comment again. I didnt think you'd need it repeating?

I dont make a habit of reguritating my previous comments - feel free to send me a pm and I can privately send you a link to it on demand whenever you want to relive the experience :)

You should back up your claims of the supposed "SCAM!!!" by sharing all the related details. Where are all the promotions that you talked about to make money to continue our ponzi scheme operation?

No need to take this private, since you're just being a good person by doing this public service of informing the people.

• @hosthatch said:

@chria838373 said:

You should back up your claims of the supposed "SCAM!!!" by sharing all the related details. Where are all the promotions that you talked about to make money to continue our ponzi scheme operation?

No need to take this private, since you're just being a good person by doing this public service of informing the people.

See previous statement, its my OPINION - I stand by it and we shall see :)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2022

@chria838373 said: See previous statement, its my OPINION - I stand by it and we shall see

chria838373 is a wanted criminal - I stand by it and we shall see.
    Disclaimer: it's just my OPINION.

EDIT:L Okey, that was over the line, let's change it to something else.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@chria838373 said:

Hmm - seems quite convenient to be able to call anyone a scam with no evidence and then say "just IMO" (literally based on zero evidence to show for the "opinion") - but you do you.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited July 2022

@chria838373 said:

Lol :joy: provide evidence

@nobizzle said:
    they recently told me, that in Zürich, Vienna and a third location they (I believe its Oslo), they still use old routers and switches which caused issues with IPv6..

And Madrid, Milan, Warsaw too? Their docs say those locations are still 1GBit/s while all others are 10+GBit/s.

• coldcold Member

@chria838373 said:

@cold said:

sure, how ABOUT no ? that won't do any good for me, or answer my ticket, OR solve my problem.

• @JabJab said:

@chria838373 said: See previous statement, its my OPINION - I stand by it and we shall see

chria838373 is a wanted criminal - I stand by it and we shall see.
    Disclaimer: it's just my OPINION.

EDIT:L Okey, that was over the line, let's change it to something else.

We won't know until my capture JabJab 😛 Don't worry, I'm not emotionally fragile enough for it to upset me

• @webcraft said:

@chria838373 said:

@nobizzle said:
    they recently told me, that in Zürich, Vienna and a third location they (I believe its Oslo), they still use old routers and switches which caused issues with IPv6..

And Madrid, Milan, Warsaw too? Their docs say those locations are still 1GBit/s while all others are 10+GBit/s.

I don't if this is also related to the uplink speed. Btw. the routers and switches will be switched to the new ones in August/September they told me, so I guess this will be fixed soon, too. Maybe @hosthatch can answer your question.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @cold said:

@chria838373 said:

@cold said:

sure, how ABOUT no ? that won't do any good for me, or answer my ticket, OR solve my problem.

You said you were leaving, at least just pop one man

• Lol :joy: provide evidence

Simply gaze over what I said - its not hard to connect the dots, we've seen it enough times over the years

• @hosthatch said: We never got the payment, and we communicated that to the customer, multiple times. There was never "no communication". We repeatedly replied to the customer's ticket that we have not received payment.

That's not correct though is it?

Tell me the difference between these responses:

1. We never received payment so we are unable to assist.
    2. We have received notice that although the payment was made, it's currently being held by Paypal until they can verify the payment. Please note this is not a delay on our side, we must wait for Paypal to release your funds. if you are unable to wait, we will cancel your order, and if the money is released we will return the funds.
  • @noobjockeys said:

@hosthatch said: We never got the payment, and we communicated that to the customer, multiple times. There was never "no communication". We repeatedly replied to the customer's ticket that we have not received payment.

That's not correct though is it?

Tell me the difference between these responses:

1. We never received payment so we are unable to assist.
    2. We have received notice that although the payment was made, it's currently being held by Paypal until they can verify the payment. Please note this is not a delay on our side, we must wait for Paypal to release your funds. if you are unable to wait, we will cancel your order, and if the money is released we will return the funds.

Shhhh please avoid logic and reasoning 😆 We're supposed to ignore that and pretend its all ok ;)

@webcraft said:

@nobizzle said:

No changes in those 3 for the moment. We will inform via email when we do decide to upgrade them as it might require a few minutes of downtime.

We're just replacing the last few locations with Juniper, where we currently have old Aristas running for now.

@chria838373 said:

Simply gaze over what I said - its not hard to connect the dots, we've seen it enough times over the years

Yes, and it's totally clear that you are a member of a Facebook group who believes there is a chip in the Bill Gates vaccine and the earth is flat, but again, you do you. Can't stop people from having stupid opinions.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Yes, and it's totally clear that you are a member of a Facebook group who believes there is a chip in the Bill Gates vaccine and the earth is flat, but again, you do you. Can't stop people from having stupid opinions.

Well that comment from earlier was said in jest - I don't believe you or in the flat earth 🤣

Sorry if I touched a nerve Buddy :)

• coldcold Member

@chria838373 said:

@cold said:

@chria838373 said:

@cold said:

You said you were leaving, at least just pop one man

leave with dignity and pride. If they won't our money let's spend them on CUNT'S, like @Nekki did M.I.A. @Nekki

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited July 2022

If anyone want to throw their product / vps on them , i am happily to take one, especially with larger plan like 8 or 16GB on EU region, just PM me your offer, i will consider it and if possible take it with higher price

See my comment bellow

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3457966#Comment_3457966