Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch is it still alive? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch is it still alive?

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@luckypenguin said: If you >can't wait more than "10 hours" for a ticket reply, on a service that hasn't been even
    active yet and you are spamming 3 tickets as if your multi-million production was down, >get
    a more expensive provider such as Vultr/DO with actual 24/7 support and a working >phone
    number to check your order status in realtime.

I understand that there is a general feeling here that our support is just overall bad - most of that is limited to experiences with our promotional services. The OP purchased a normal plan and will receive standard support.

DO/Vultr does not have a 24/7 department that will call up PayPal to see what is wrong with their system.

@brueggus said: Their services are fine as long as they're up and running but it's not uncommon to wait weeks or even months for a ticket response. They'll get back to you eventually.

Have you had this experience on a service you purchased from hosthatch.com directly? The plans start from $4/mo.

@safiedin said: But my ticket remains silent with no reply. Opened second ticket. Then third ticket hours later. No reply after 10 hours for all of my ticket.

You created an order two days ago. You then opened a ticket and we told you that we never received your payment. You also opened an additional two tickets for some reason while replying to your first ticket every hour to get an update.

PayPal held up your payment, which has nothing to do with us. You then called PayPal and they released the payment late yesterday. We will have to manually add it, and your server will be provisioned once that is done.

This delay is not on us. Please contact PayPal and ask them why they held up your payment (and also please note that replying to your ticket every hour or opening new ones just delays the process). Sorry for the rough start that you've had with us.

• Tickets will be delayed.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Today I can´t recommend Hosthatch.

Their VPS are good. But they don´t honor any contracts or prices which were negotiated in a support ticket. If your service is too cheap (BF offers) and they don´t like it any more they cancel your VPS from one day to another. I had two VPS, they terminated some days ago and gave me a pro-rated refund. That was not in my intention but I there was no way to find another solution.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

Host will be hatched

@smarty24 said:
    Today I can´t recommend Hosthatch.

Their VPS are good. But they don´t honor any contracts or prices which were negotiated in a support ticket. If your service is too cheap (BF offers) and they don´t like it any more they cancel your VPS from one day to another. I had two VPS, they terminated some days ago and gave me a pro-rated refund. That was not in my intention but I there was no way to find another solution.

Are you the guy who purchased an "all location bundle" from two years ago's Black Friday, then asked us if you can cancel most of the VMs, keep a few at the same price, and were told no, then sneakily canceled most of them and tried to keep the same price? And then we noticed it and told you no like we already did before?

Yes, my man, we have issues with our support on our promo services - totally, and I think that is apparent from the people's complaints here, but you are honestly one of the worst types of customers for anyone to have. If you feel you have been wronged, please, please I beg you - post your ticket here for everyone to see and let them be the judge.

• promotional plans will be experienced.

• kasodkkasodk Barred

@hosthatch said:
    If you feel you have been wronged, please, please I beg you - post your ticket here for everyone to see and let them be the judge.

Everyone, post your tickets. :)

• @hosthatch said: I understand that there is a general feeling here that our support is just overall bad - most of that is limited to experiences with our promotional services. The OP purchased a normal plan and will receive standard support.

I was actually on your side on this one. For emotional, dramatic and impatient customers the
    bigger providers have a sales department over the phone, they can sometimes provision the
    service even before the payment was cleared.

• ralfralf Member

Work orders will be disclosed

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kasodk said:

@hosthatch said:
    If you feel you have been wronged, please, please I beg you - post your ticket here for everyone to see and let them be the judge.

Everyone, post your tickets. :)

pink ticket with text "one full fare"

• VMs have been sneakily cancelled.

• dosaidosai Member

post screenshots from tickets or leave let with dignity

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @hosthatch said:

@smarty24 said:

Are you the guy who purchased an "all location bundle" from two years ago's Black Friday, then asked us if you can cancel most of the VMs, keep a few at the same price, and were told no, then sneakily canceled most of them and tried to keep the same price? And then we noticed it and told you no like we already did before?

Yes, my man, we have issues with our support on our promo services - totally, and I think that is apparent from the people's complaints here, but you are honestly one of the worst types of customers for anyone to have. If you feel you have been wronged, please, please I beg you - post your ticket here for everyone to see and let them be the judge.

Yes, M.W. (honestly one of the worst types of support staff for anyone to deal with) - I´m the guy.

YOU offered me (in a support ticket!) to cancel the servers. You even told me that you would adjust the price. I was absolutely ok with that. In my eyes it´s not my fault that you did not change the price. But it´s your fault to cancel my VPS as soon as you noticed that you didn´t change the price. Before you terminated my VPS I told you to rise up the price and I offered you to pay the difference for the last month. But you didn´t accept it.

So, Hosthatch is nothing you can rely on.

• @smarty24 said:

@hosthatch said:

@smarty24 said:

Yes, M.W. (honestly one of the worst types of support staff for anyone to deal with) - I´m the guy.

YOU offered me (in a support ticket!) to cancel the servers. You even told me that you would adjust the price. I was absolutely ok with that. In my eyes it´s not my fault that you did not change the price. But it´s your fault to cancel my VPS as soon as you noticed that you didn´t change the price. Before you terminated my VPS I told you to rise up the price and I offered you to pay the difference for the last month. But you didn´t accept it.

Post the full conversation of support ticket please 🎫🍿🤓

Thanked by 2dahartigan vimalware
  • @smarty24 said:

@hosthatch said:

@smarty24 said:

This doesn't help your case.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Tikets will be involucrated.
    Refound will not be found.
    Threat will be closed.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ralfralf Member

Paypal's fraud detection will be proven to have been right all along

Thanked by 3dahartigan webcraft jsg
  • kasodkkasodk Barred

Popcorn will be wasted.

• @safiedin said: How is your experience with Hosthatch?

root@hosting:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu 28 Jul 2022 01:16:02 PM BST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 6 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3000.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 1.9 GiB
    Disk       : 19.5 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-122-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 54.29 MB/s   (13.5k) | 307.68 MB/s   (4.8k)
    Write      | 54.41 MB/s   (13.6k) | 309.30 MB/s   (4.8k)
    Total      | 108.71 MB/s  (27.1k) | 616.99 MB/s   (9.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 380.56 MB/s    (743) | 357.88 MB/s    (349)
    Write      | 400.78 MB/s    (782) | 381.72 MB/s    (372)
    Total      | 781.35 MB/s   (1.5k) | 739.60 MB/s    (721)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.03 Gbits/sec  | 5.13 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.68 Gbits/sec  | 4.50 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 972 Mbits/sec   | 5.35 Gbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.75 Gbits/sec  | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.80 Gbits/sec  | 2.13 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.15 Gbits/sec  | 1.44 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.25 Gbits/sec  | 1.22 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 554
    Multi Core      | 582
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16295800

something like that.
    What do i really don't like about hosthatch - their templates in control panel.
    They're poor, awful, bad, outdated.

Please update. Ubuntu 20.04, and add ubuntu 22.04.
    With full auto install and root only user and properly allocated disk space. Not like it is now.

Thx.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@desperand

Have you considered using netboot or ubuntu iso instead of templates?

• HostHatch will be undead.

• protonproton Barred

They used to be quite nice choose when they are small, but thing gets bad during their expansion. It seems that they don't have enouth man power to deal with tickets and their service is not quite stable recently.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited July 2022

@vyas11 said: Have you considered using netboot or ubuntu iso instead of templates?

Update:
    Yea, confirm, they finally fixed template issues with new control panel. Good! Now all my personal negative toward them - not actual anymore. Good job HostHatch.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

Personal preference is NOT to use a Provider's template (not knowing what's under the hood is one major factor) but more importantly even some larger providers still have Deb 8 and 9 or U 16.04. Reasons enough not to use 'em.

As they say, different strokes for different folks.

Edit: @dosai, 171 odd days here for my "Stockholm Syndrome" aka Stockholm VPS.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2022

Biggest downtime was i think 3 minutes 10 days ago when they had scheduled maintenance

• dosaidosai Member

root@sto-stor ~> uptime
    18:18:47 up 184 days, 19 min, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.01

My Stockholm storage server.

• With the sheer amount of complaints across all forums I'm surprised they haven't deadpooled yet, all the cheap offers previously sold seem to be catching up the worst customers ever now 🤣

I genuinely don't believe, they can stop growing long enough to iron out the kinks as it would seem (in my opinion of course) to be a ponzi scheme reliant upon new sales to cover the costs of maintaining - it's probably the reason why the terrible support member of staff with multiple personalities seems to get so defensive all the time

• Stockholm storage server

root@cloud:~# uptime 13:05:10 up 149 days, 23:24, 2 users, load average: 0.45, 0.16, 0.06

LAX storage server after maintenance

root@new-server:~# uptime 14:09:18 up 12 days, 4:18, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.02

@chria838373 said:

to be a ponzi scheme reliant upon new sales to cover the costs of maintaining -

Which new sales, though? Mind pointing me towards them? Maybe I became too old and started having memory issues, but I don't remember any of them at all in this whole year, while at the same time deploying new Juniper kits, with new Dell/AMD EPYC servers across 16 datacenters....we must be really good at this ponzi scheme you talk about. :O

@chria838373 said: the worst customers ever now 🤣

The only "worst customers" I have a problem with is the one who is clearly choosing not to share the details here for a very clear reason.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@drizbo said:

Biggest downtime was i think 3 minutes 10 days ago when they had scheduled maintenance

That Sir is incomplete information

Kindly supplement it by mentioning how many millions were lost because of downtime

Thanked by 2ralf vimalware