Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch is it still alive? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch is it still alive?

Comments

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@nullstring said:
    I have services hosted by hosthatch, but they seemed to be going into disarray. Horrible performance.

I will not be renewing with them this time.

What service did u have??

• Just one to know, did hosthatch singapore good enough for production use?
    I have interest in their $15/mo plant

• coldcold Member

@permatahost said:
    Just one to know, did hosthatch singapore good enough for production use?

all plans are good ! @hosthatch provides VERY GOOD SERVICES, jus the support is NOT that good/fast... I can't complain about VPS's

• @safiedin said:
    Hosthatch is it still alive?

Doesn't seem dead, so yes?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

(a) HostHatch is fully alive and posted quite early and multiple times in this thread.
    (b) HostHatch is providing decent let's call it basic support for their very cheap promos; I can state that based on personal experience (I purchased one of their promo cheapies).
    (c) HostHatch seems to not provide "hand holding support for one's every whim", which is perfectly understandable and I actually welcome that. Simple reason: As said support is basic for promo cheapies and I prefer HostHatch to not waste their resources on people who e.g. ask questions like "why does paypal not forward my payment?" or on people who fail to understand that the relevant event is the provider receiving payment and not customer sending payment.

TL;DR Just take "Promo" to also mean "no hand holding, basic support only". I'm quite confident that most of us prefer provider cutting some corners on "luxury" support rather than on the products.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @jsg said: TL;DR Just take "Promo" to also mean "no hand holding, basic support only"

Their support is not even "basic" it's non-existent. Get it right.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@noobjockeys said:

@jsg said: TL;DR Just take "Promo" to also mean "no hand holding, basic support only"

That is not what I experienced.

• kasodkkasodk Barred

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

Was there a period when hosthatch was partly alive?

• ralfralf Member

@noobjockeys said:

To be honest, I always wonder what all these people complaining about support are even doing. This is how my interaction with a provider's support typically goes:

1) Pay for VM
    2) Receive VM
    3) Point my DNS at VM
    4) Ask provider support to set up rDNS
    5) Provider replies in whatever timeframe, the slowest I've experienced from any provider was 2 days after I marked the ticket as low priority and said at the top "I'm in no rush for this", most providers still did it within an hour anyway
    6) Use service for a year
    7) Renew or cancel

What on earth are you guys all doing that requires you to be raising so many tickets at every provider?

• permatahostpermatahost Member
    edited July 2022

@ralf said:

@noobjockeys said:

To be honest, I always wonder what all these people complaining about support are even doing. This is how my interaction with a provider's support typically goes:

1) Pay for VM
    2) Receive VM
    3) Point my DNS at VM
    4) Ask provider support to set up rDNS
    5) Provider replies in whatever timeframe, the slowest I've experienced from any provider was 2 days after I marked the ticket as low priority and said at the top "I'm in no rush for this", most providers still did it within an hour anyway
    6) Use service for a year
    7) Renew or cancel

What on earth are you guys all doing that requires you to be raising so many tickets at every provider?

Want to get acquainted with support team?

@cold said:

@permatahost said:

all plans are good ! @hosthatch provides VERY GOOD SERVICES, jus the support is NOT that good/fast... I can't complain about VPS's

Thanks,
    i dont think i need support expect when vps down

• dosaidosai Member

@permatahost said:

Yes imo. There was a slight down time when they moved from legacy to cloud panel. Otherwise, very solid.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

@dosai said:

@permatahost said:

Yes imo. There was a slight down time when they moved from legacy to cloud panel. Otherwise, very solid.

Your uptime has been doubled

• @add_iT said:

@nullstring said:
    I have services hosted by hosthatch, but they seemed to be going into disarray. Horrible performance.

I have this blackfriday special from 2020, I believe. To be clear, uptime is good, but the storage performance has gone from great to ok to unusable. I have put in tickets for it in the past, but no resolution. I will perhaps give them one more chance sometime here, but I am not holding my breath.

Bandwidth seems to have also started to suffer a bit. Uptime is good, and has always been very good.

1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year
    Add more resources for $30 per year per chunk. Each chunk is 1 GB RAM, 1 TB storage and 3 TB bandwidth. Up to 30 TB storage per VM. This pricing is only for servers created during the promotion. We can do quarterly billing cycle for servers larger than 5 TB.

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

I have this blackfriday special from 2020, I believe. To be clear, uptime is good, but the storage performance has gone from great to ok to unusable. I have put in tickets for it in the past, but no resolution. I will perhaps give them one more chance sometime here, but I am not holding my breath.

Bandwidth seems to have also started to suffer a bit. Uptime is good, and has always been very good.

1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year
    Add more resources for $30 per year per chunk. Each chunk is 1 GB RAM, 1 TB storage and 3 TB bandwidth. Up to 30 TB storage per VM. This pricing is only for servers created during the promotion. We can do quarterly billing cycle for servers larger than 5 TB.

I think this not worthed base on price tb/$ though

Last time they sell 2tb storage for only $40 a year, with that price you can stack it to double with 4tb

• @add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year

Last time they sell 2tb storage for only $40 a year, with that price you can stack it to double with 4tb

Doesn't really matter at this point. The service is unusable, so I'll be moving elsewhere.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited July 2022

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year

Doesn't really matter at this point. The service is unusable, so I'll be moving elsewhere.

Just buy killerwhale storage from servarica, as i remember they have 3.5tb for $84 too, i think they are good

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • @add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

1x 2.4+ GHz
    3 GB RAM
    3 TB usable storage
    9 TB bandwidth
    $84 per year

Just buy killerwhale storage from servarica, as i remember they have 3tb for $84 too, i think they are good

One of hosthatch's datacenters is quite local to me which is why they were a better option. I was able to pull down (nearly) 1gb in one stream from my vps. I can only pull down about 200mb from Servarica's Montreal datacenter.

I could consider Servarica, but as of now, I am thinking I will instead get a smaller non-storage vps for some uses, and move the storage items locally since I have 1gb fiber these days. (Right now, most of my services are done this way anyway since hosthatch has been unusable.)

• @ralf said:

@noobjockeys said:

been wondering the same.

• lanefulanefu Member

By being polite, patient, communicating clearly, and not being crazy I usually had pretty decent responses with my hosthatch LET deals.

Life pro tip for many: If you want help from someone, make it easy for them to help you.

• Clear sentences
    • line breaks
    • bullet points
    • snippets
    Don't make people spend mental energy deciphering your communication.

• coldcold Member

any ideea whats faster ? ticket support or should i write a letter for support ? cuz i have a ticket now almost 3 weeks and no answer... im thinking about sending a letter, anyone knows how much does it costs from Europe to US ?

• @cold said:
    any ideea whats faster ? ticket support or should i write a letter for support ? cuz i have a ticket now almost 3 weeks and no answer... im thinking about sending a letter, anyone knows how much does it costs from Europe to US ?

Curious, so you've got a brand new ticket with no response or you've had something that you were going back and forth on and they stopped at some point.

• All my tickets are being answered on time. Also all my servers have no downtime :)

Thanked by 2Chronic ariq01
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ralf said:

• IPv6 assignment.
    • Service transfer to halfeatenpie.
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ralf said: What on earth are you guys all doing that requires you to be raising so many tickets at every provider?

🤷‍♂️

• coldcold Member

@brueggus said:

@ralf said: What on earth are you guys all doing that requires you to be raising so many tickets at every provider?

🤷‍♂️

i have the same problem, with the .SE location and the ticket is almost 3 weeks old...

• coldcold Member

@skorous said:

@cold said:

Curious, so you've got a brand new ticket with no response or you've had something that you were going back and forth on and they stopped at some point.

I have something going back and forth on and they stopped at some point.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@brueggus said:

🤷‍♂️

The IPv6 Outage Thread - migration special edition

• bdlbdl Member

@nullstring said:

@add_iT said:

@nullstring said:

I've had a similar experience with a Chicago 10tb @ $120 a year storage service - price can't be beat, and nether could performance - however over the past year or so performance has declined, especially network.

No point having backups that I can't retrieve in a timely manner!

• @cold said:

@skorous said:

@cold said:

I have something going back and forth on and they stopped at some point.

See this I totally agree with. I know they're working on things because suddenly out of the blue I'll get a resolution but it's weird having a conversation just stop and have no action at all for long periods of time. I've had really good interactions with support generally but when this happens it's frustrating not knowing what's happening.