Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Buy this before I sober up - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Buy this before I sober up

Comments

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

You must use FCM on Android and APNs on iOS to deliver any type of push notification. Any other service you use will just expose an easier API for you but in the end, will also use FCM/APN to deliver the notification to the end-user. Heck, even FCM is using APNs in the background when delivering a notification to an iOS device.

Regarding zPush, as far as I understand, zPush is in a gray area of things and not really legal to be used commercially. zPush implements the ActiveSync protocol which is patented by Microsoft. You gotta have a contract with Microsoft to implement it into your own application and they charge per user. You know Google pays Microsoft for implementing and offering ActiveSync to Gsuite users, right? On the other hand, for personal use, I think zPush is fine since you are not making any money from it.

Anyway, this is a great offer by MXroute with a price/quality ratio which is hard to beat! Great job and a lot of luck with sales Jarland!

Thanked by 3jar Hotmarer Chuck
  • pixexidpixexid Member
    edited June 2022

Great

Thanked by 1jar
  • shellshell Member

is it posible to combine 2 product to get total 200gb storage ?

Thanked by 2jar szarka
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2022

@shell said:
    is it posible to combine 2 product to get total 200gb storage ?

It is not. But if you have two or more domains you could have one on one account and one on another, and so on.

• I use Mxroute as last solution for transaction email (form submissions). Works great.
    Hope we could choose DC during order.

Thanked by 1jar

@hiphiphip0 said:
    I use Mxroute as last solution for transaction email (form submissions). Works great.
    Hope we could choose DC during order.

The 100G promo only has one server (OVH Canada). I'll add a second right next to it if needed, but it won't be anywhere else.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • I am interested more in your first script than the product

Thanked by 1jar
    edited June 2022

@Otus9051 said:
    I am interested more in your first script than the product

I was once reading about the slap chop guy beating up a hooker, I was a bit drunk, and I thought to myself "You know, in a way, whether through local legislation or directly by hand, I suppose every one of us kills a hooker at some point." At least that's how I remember it. It sounded deep to me at the time, it certainly wasn't.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited June 2022

@CrossBox said: You must use FCM on Android and APNs on iOS to deliver any type of push notification.

That's mostly true on iOS, and true on web for background notifications, but definitely not true on Android. Some examples:

• Lots of apps use https://pushy.me/ which doesn't use FCM at all (this is confirmed in their help center here: https://support.pushy.me/hc/en-us/articles/360043920271-Does-Pushy-depend-on-Firebase-Cloud-Messaging-) They use an MQTT connection to their own servers. The enterprise version of Pushy allows it to be hosted on-premise with no public cloud usage at all other than for Apple devices (which need to be sent via APNS).
    • On Android, Facebook and Facebook Messenger use MQTT to Facebook servers. AFAIK Messenger uses the same connection for both notifications and regular Messenger stuff like sending and receiving messages, and the Facebook app uses the same connection for real-time events in the app (live comments and reactions, etc), in-app notifications, and background notifications
    • On iOS, my understanding is Facebook and Messenger use MQTT when the app is open, and only use APNS when the app is in the background

@Hotmarer said: connected via ActiveSync (office365),

Office 365 hasn't used ActiveSync in years. For one, it wasn't designed with two-factor authentication in mind, which is mandated by a lot of companies that use enterprise email systems now. It was using EWS, although I'm not sure if it still is or not.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 Thanks for the insight.

@Daniel15 said: Lots of apps use https://pushy.me/ which doesn't use FCM at all

I see that Pushy uses a foreground service running on a device that keeps an open MQTT connection with their servers. However, even they advise using FCM Fallback Delivery to deliver notifications consistently: https://pushy.me/docs/resources/fcm-fallback-delivery
    But you are correct, you don't have to use FCM on Android since you can develop your own foreground service and trigger a local notification directly from there once you receive it from your backend. We use FCM directly for Web, Android and iOS and it worked pretty well from day one.

@Daniel15 said: On Android, Facebook and Facebook Messenger use MQTT to Facebook servers. ... like sending and receiving messages, and the Facebook app uses the same connection for real-time events in the app (live comments and reactions, etc), in-app notifications, and background notifications

We use web sockets for real-time events that happen in-app (new email, chat, file shared, etc), but it is nice knowing how Facebook does it as well.

@Daniel15 said: On iOS, my understanding is Facebook and Messenger use MQTT when the app is open, and only use APNS when the app is in the background

That is understandable since Apple does not allow a background task to be active more than once every 30 seconds on iOS as far as I can remember.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:
    The 100G promo only has one server (OVH Canada). I'll add a second right next to it if needed, but it won't be anywhere else.

Got it. Maybe more server in longhorn location the next time, latency to US web server is better which makes form submit faster. It's just my rare use case, please don't consider it, haha.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited June 2022

Promo is looking good. This Wednesday server has spinning disks but it's also rocking EPYC 7351P and 128G memory for caching so let's fill it up and force me to provision the Thursday server (because I'm so creative with server names).

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

This remind me to add funds to my account. Thanks jar.

Thanked by 1jar
  • RazzaRazza Member

@jar said:
    Promo is looking good. This Wednesday server has spinning disks but it's also rocking EPYC 7351P and 128G memory for caching so let's fill it up and force me to provision the Thursday server (because I'm so creative with server names).

What a con, I thought at $65 a year it would be enterprise nvme not spinning rust 🙃.

Thanked by 1jar

@Razza said:

@jar said:

What a con, I thought at $65 a year it would be enterprise nvme not spinning rust 🙃.

Black Friday privacy special will be USB attached to a raspberry pi under my bed. Strict bandwidth limits because I don't need you people interrupting my onlyfans uploads.

• dosaidosai Member

@jar said:

@Razza said:

@jar said:

Black Friday privacy special will be USB attached to a raspberry pi under my bed. Strict bandwidth limits because I don't need you people interrupting my onlyfans uploads.

Thanks for making me laugh.

Thanked by 1jar

@jar said:
    I want to toss in some other, less advertised features:

• Active prevention against your website being used to send spam.
    • Protection against spam registrations on your websites/forums/blogs/etc.
    • Deliverability admin monitoring/alerting, essentially you're hiring a full time admin to make sure your domain doesn't destroy it's own reputation because you made a mistake in one line of code.
    • Very fast reaction to password compromise. If you reuse passwords everywhere and get compromised, we'll lock it down and let you know ASAP.
    • Open source all the things: https://github.com/mxroute

In reaction to a dramatic increase in spam registrations across forums, blogs, and other websites this has been improved to a noteworthy degree today.

Previous tactic:

Pull stopforumspam list, block recipients. Pull obvious cases from logs and add to spam recipient list. Every month, pull new stopforumspam list.

New tactic:

Pull stopforumspam 24 hour list every 2 hours and automatically update spam recipient list.

Immediately a noticeable reduction in outbound confirmation emails to spam registrations, less false positives due to emails falling off list much faster.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • CrabCrab Member

I had Black Friday 2016 plan that I for some bizarre reason never used and for another bizarre reason cancelled, but it is time to finally repent myself and get back with it. Thank you @jar for the great offer!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

@Otus9051 said:
    I am interested more in your first script than the product

I was once reading about the slap chop guy beating up a hooker, I was a bit drunk, and I thought to myself "You know, in a way, whether through local legislation or directly by hand, I suppose every one of us kills a hooker at some point." At least that's how I remember it. It sounded deep to me at the time, it certainly wasn't.

Going sober was wise. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Thanked by 1jar
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited June 2022

It was very easy migration and the instructions in the email were very clear. DNS entries took just a few moments to copy & paste, SSL cert creation was swift (It didn't take that long for Let's Encrypt to refresh the DNS entries :smiley:) and imapsync is now running. Gmail happily accepted the test email and inbound got through as well. To be honest I didn't expect it to be this easy :wink:

The only and very minor issue is that 'official' documentation for changing Roundcube to something else for webmail.yourdomain.com is still lacking after two years :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1jar

@Crab said:
    The only and very minor issue is that 'official' documentation for changing Roundcube to something else for webmail.yourdomain.com is still lacking after two years :sunglasses:

There's not a way. You can point the webmail subdomain to something else, and you could technically point it to Crossbox, but it's two different systems you can't like point the webmail subdomain to the server and then change the webmail it directs to because they're all static virtual hosts with no user side configuration options.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jar What's the easiest way to have a domain/site hosted on a VPS and the domains email's going through mxroute?

Thanked by 1jar

@Arkas said:
    @jar What's the easiest way to have a domain/site hosted on a VPS and the domains email's going through mxroute?

A record to the VPS, MX records to MXroute.

• So is this where I host thewinterhost, thefallhost, thesummerhost emails xD. It is summer after all.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ralfralf Member

@TheInvisibleOne said:
    So is this where I host thewinterhost, thefallhost, thesummerhost emails xD. It is summer after all.

So you're saying springhost.com is still available?

Thanked by 1jar
  • BSABSA Member

What about reseller accounts?

Or would you consider extending the offer for the reseller accounts as well?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @ralf said:

@TheInvisibleOne said:
    So is this where I host thewinterhost, thefallhost, thesummerhost emails xD. It is summer after all.

So you're saying springhost.com is still available?

I got thespringhost.com to lol..... Owner of the true seasonal hosts

Thanked by 2ralf jar

@Sid said:

Reseller servers are a bit packed and a bit too successful for me to be able to offer a promo on them. Days and weeks go by without available stock as it is.

• szarkaszarka Member

@jar said:

@Sid said:

Reseller servers are a bit packed and a bit too successful for me to be able to offer a promo on them. Days and weeks go by without available stock as it is.

Just curious what the limiting factor is? Cash flow to turn up more servers, administrator time, something else?

Thanked by 1jar

@szarka said: Just curious what the limiting factor is? Cash flow to turn up more servers, administrator time, something else?

I've been on the fence for a while now on what and where I want to deploy for the next reseller box. I really like Hetzner for it but I also don't really want to grow further there. When cancellations are processed I usually end up with a few of each reseller package in stock, and they stay in stock for a few weeks. So while there are extended periods without stock, and they do sell, it's not quite at the level of people beating down the door to get to them. So I've got some more time to decide where I'll take it next. Honestly, kinda thinking about a custom built colocated server for the next one.