Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Buy this before I sober up - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Buy this before I sober up

Comments

• 5GB offer please, before you sober up

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2022

Aye, I would highly advise anyone against signing up who might get mad that I don't respond to an LET PM 6 or 7 hours and then open a thread with the sole intention of getting my attention by talking trash about me. Unless you want to watch me do that, admittedly it is fun and it solves the problem. I like solved problems.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited July 2022

No offense but no matter the situation and your reputation speaking like that to a customer isn't really the best way to go about it.

Thanked by 3jar yoursunny bulbasaur

@Hotmarer said:
    5GB offer please, before you sober up

I do believe at this point I might prefer going back to the drinking than those :joy:

• @serv_ee said:
    No offense but no matter the situation and your reputation speaking like that to a customer isn't really the best way to go about it.

sometimes it's the only way

Thanked by 1jar

@serv_ee said:

I respect your opinion, and I offer no argument. If you'd like a red bull though, I would offer you that.

• @jar said:

@Hotmarer said:
    5GB offer please, before you sober up

I do believe at this point I might prefer going back to the drinking than those :joy:

Why?
    Really one 5GB for a faithful fan is so scary?

Thanked by 1jar

@Hotmarer said: Really one 5GB for a faithful fan is so scary?

Every time I think I understand the psychology of it I fail miserably lol

But that $5 plan has so much higher of an overhead than a $25 one so consistently, and it seems that all of my attempts to make little adjustments to try to compensate just fall flat.

• @jar said:

@Hotmarer said: Really one 5GB for a faithful fan is so scary?

Every time I think I understand the psychology of it I fail miserably lol

But that $5 plan has so much higher of an overhead than a $25 one so consistently, and it seems that all of my attempts to make little adjustments to try to compensate just fall flat.

Yeah, you're right then I'll wait until blackfriday for some 10-15gb plan.

I have a question: can I somehow backup my DA account or just the emails themselves without having the password to the mailbox?

Thanked by 1jar

@Hotmarer said: I have a question: can I somehow backup my DA account or just the emails themselves without having the password to the mailbox?

You can FTP in with your DA user/pass on port 21. I left that part of DA active since some users are using it for their own backups.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • @ChaosCircle said:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180367/any-alternatives-to-mxroute/p1

I'm just going to leave my review here. Jar is unprofessional.

FYI, your screenshot doesn't say wrong password. I'm thinking you have an ad/script blocker issue.

@TimboJones said: I'm thinking you have an ad/script blocker issue

HostBill migration did this weird thing with some users. It would add a secondary contact/login that matched the primary account email, and it would have all permissions revoked. So I'd have to delete the matching contact that shouldn't have been there.

• @TimboJones said:

@ChaosCircle said:

FYI, your screenshot doesn't say wrong password. I'm thinking you have an ad/script blocker issue.

It was on his end and he admitted in PMs he fixed it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @ChaosCircle said:

@TimboJones said:

@ChaosCircle said:

Screenshot?

@HalfEatenPie said: Screenshot?

No need:

@jar said: HostBill migration did this weird thing with some users. It would add a secondary contact/login that matched the primary account email, and it would have all permissions revoked. So I'd have to delete the matching contact that shouldn't have been there.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@ChaosCircle said:

@TimboJones said:

@ChaosCircle said:

Screenshot?

In his other thread that got closed.

• Gotcha.

Well that sucks then.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@ChaosCircle said:

@TimboJones said:

@ChaosCircle said:

Screenshot?

https://ibb.co/dMVDVb8

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @TimboJones said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@ChaosCircle said:

@TimboJones said:

@ChaosCircle said:

Screenshot?

I was asking him if he had a screenshot of that PM exchange. I wasn't asking for the screenshot of the error message he was getting.

Anyways it seems that was resolved so eh.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

@TimboJones said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@ChaosCircle said:

@TimboJones said:

@ChaosCircle said:

Screenshot?

I was asking him if he had a screenshot of that PM exchange. I wasn't asking for the screenshot of the error message he was getting.

Anyways it seems that was resolved so eh.

Yeah, he fucked up and was aggressive. But hey, if you want to do business with that its your choice.

• @ChaosCircle said:

Yeah, he fucked up and was aggressive. But hey, if you want to do business with that its your choice.

It's a free country. You're welcome to do business with whoever you please. Best of luck with everything.

Thanked by 2jar ChaosCircle
    edited July 2022

And I'll be aggressive in response again on LET as desired. In this case, when a thread is opened for the sole purpose of trash talking me to get my attention because I didn't respond to an LET PM within a preferred time frame (significantly under 12 hours, and where I hadn't even been awake for at least 4 hours after it was sent). It does what I want it to do, solves what I want it to solve.

Anyway, old news. Anyone reading about that has their takeaway, I have no desire to change how anyone reads it.

• zedzed Member

gotta keep it calm @jar but lol is that thread genuine? reads like a drama skit, youtube release when.

bump for great mail service and entertainment on let.

Thanked by 2jar skorous

@zed said:

gotta keep it calm @jar but lol is that thread genuine? reads like a drama skit, youtube release when.

bump for great mail service and entertainment on let.

I like the idea that every venue has its own personality and gets treated accordingly.

• FoulFoul Member

@jar said: I like the idea that every venue has its own personality and gets treated accordingly.

You're my favorite cunt out there, bless your soul.

Thanked by 2jar skorous
    edited August 2022

Few more of these came into stock because not everyone paid and I moved a few things around. Have at er.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2022

Just dropping in my own personal experience with hostkoala, MXroute gets mails delivered with 0 issues.

Setting up was a breeze for anyone who has ever edited cPanel/Direct Admin/Cloudflare or some other DNS providers DNS Zone editor.

10/10 would recommend to anyone who has edited a DNS Zone in their life before or anyone willing to learn how to, to get possibly the best mail delivery service at possibly the most affordavle price ever.

EDIT
    The only small issue I ever had was when there was some issues for emails bouncing from gmail/other popular providers for a very short period of time

Just as I had started preparing to move temporarily to another provider, jar had already fixed the issue ~

Thanked by 1jar

Might have been the SRS issue @Hostlovin. That was...fun.

• Just popped in to have a drink with @jar if he's still going..

Thanked by 1jar
  • Yup. Some may not prefer their inbound infra, but their outbound is just impressive. period. It's one of the best email realys I've tested/used (and I tested a lot)

Thanked by 2jar TimRoo