Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner kicks out Ukraine website from their service.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner kicks out Ukraine website from their service.

Comments

• Probably taken down due to a fake DMCA

• Putin finally found an ally. Deleting the site doesent look like accident anymore.

Thanked by 2JasonM bulbasaur
  • DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited March 2022

@stefeman said:
    Hetzner kicks out Ukraine from their service.

Modify the header. They didn't kick Ukraine out. They kicked out a site. Big difference.

Thanked by 3BlaZe that_guy sgno1
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

We have in past, years ago , received Roskomnadzor emails+letter in attachments for some clients. You can ignore them without Action. Worst thing happen is that your customer website get blocked in Russia.

Also:

• @HostSlick said:
    We have in past, years ago , received Roskomnadzor emails+letter in attachments for some clients. You can ignore them without Action. Worst thing happen is that your customer website get blocked in Russia.

Also:

Yikes. Gladly it seems to be a misunderstanding, but Hetzner will receive a hit in bad rep after this...

• https://mobile.twitter.com/lookslikemos/status/1500964944971505670

This needs to be solved properly. What really happened?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Good quality drama :P

• ArkasArkas Moderator

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2022

Seems like there was a Ukranian govt server on Hetzner:

• Hetzner will not do it because I use hetzner but I think its cloudflare, wait I’m also using cloudflare 😂

• If something happened to hetzner we are done

• Looks like Hetzner did something and stays quiet. It works with average customer to not reply when they ask why. But now, the customer wasn't average. Without proper reply Hetzner will lose customers.
    Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I need to get some popcorn...

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited March 2022

It is confirmed that develop.ukraine.ua resided at Hetzner AS24940 in their Finland DC. I personally do not think that the Ukrainian govt is lying here.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • i think hetzner is risk averse.

@cybertech said: i think hetzner is risk averse.

What risk? DDoS?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I was gonna say third strike for Germany but I guess it's a misunderstanding so now I have nowhere to unload my "Germany has an obligation to start WW3 for consistency" jokes. Limited audience, and hardly anyone gets my humor anyway.

• @lentro said:

Just because a Ukrainian government server existed on Hetzner doesn't mean it was the alleged one behind war.ukraine.ua. This isn't evidence of much of anything, really.

• They will spread their props on videotapes.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited March 2022

@fLoo said:
    It is confirmed that develop.ukraine.ua resided at Hetzner AS24940 in their Finland DC. I personally do not think that the Ukrainian govt is lying here.

Not really. Too many dramas are around these days, as both sides are devastated. I really enjoy the service from Hetzner, and wish it well.

P.S.
    My quick guess: the bandwidth hit the limit, or it attracted quite a lot of DDoS attacks.

• @Jorbox said:
    If something happened to hetzner we are done

Doomed, literally.

• @noisycode said:

@fLoo said:

Not really. Too many dramas are around these days, as both sides are devastated. I really enjoy the service from Hetzner, and wish it well.

P.S.
    My quick guess: the bandwidth hit the limit, or it attracted quite a lot of DDoS attacks.

Doubt they were using cloud instances. Also; this 'gov server' continues to respond to probes. I'm stupefied by the lack of security (for a gov server!)

• rivagerivage Member
    edited March 2022

Same thing on their new AWS infra by the way, 80/443 is open when they should just whitelist the CF prefixes

• @rivage said:

@lentro said:

Just because a Ukrainian government server existed on Hetzner doesn't mean it was the alleged one behind war.ukraine.ua. This isn't evidence of much of anything, really.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ohader/status/1500976063916167175

Serhii replies and confirms it was the source node.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2022

Now all Hetzner employers must upload copy of their ID to Roskomnadzor for manual review in order for reactivate their service.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

The title is plain wrong and spiegel.de has about the same reference quality as CNN, BBC, or Pravda that is, none, zero.

Thanked by 2noisycode hyperblast
  • rivagerivage Member
    edited March 2022

@MGarbis said:

@rivage said:

@lentro said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ohader/status/1500976063916167175

Serhii replies and confirms it was the source node.

What, the same people who allege Hetzner kicked them off? Plus, the certificate is self signed. Could be my server for all we know ;)

edited March 2022

@jsg said: spiegel.de has about the same reference quality as CNN, BBC, or Pravda that is, none, zero.

Of course, without the seal of approval from Denis Pushilin and Leonid Pasechnik (i think they were chonen because their surname starts with P and even Pu) or even from their boss himself, nothing is true, except when it "proves" our propaganda.
    As far as I know, Russia already conquered Ukraine in one week according to plan, let alone their republics which were liberated in a few hours and with some 500 deaths as they said. According to some Russian trolls here, even in 24 hours. Nothing to see here, it is over, done.

• @jsg said:
    The title is plain wrong and spiegel.de has about the same reference quality as CNN, BBC, or Pravda that is, none, zero.

Shamed on them. But nobody cares, as long as FAKE NEWS attracts tons of bloody eyes and noise, who have little knowledge in some specific field.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • edited March 2022

I got fake DMCA and Hetzner still decided to cancel my service. Hetzner is risk adversed. Also, Germany hate Ukrainian war, not because of caring for Ukrainian people but the Germany economy. It rises the energy cost, and directly affect Hetzner bottom line. So it win-win for Hetzner.

Germany steal Russia oligarch yatchs, but still want to trade energy with Russia,. wtf what that? it is so hypocritical.