Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 519
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    5. Anyone willing to pre-order it/order it at designated sale prices, most likely at above $24 per package per year for a standard service, or biennial payment. I suspect a few hundred spots will be taken in this manner, up to a 500.

Fantastic news on Japan, definitely looking to pick up something here.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

A little COVID update. Fatigue is gone, taste mostly returning. I'm coughing a lot more but I think it's just my system doing a cleanup mostly as I'm continuing to test negative. Slept a normal 6 hours today finally and got a lot of work done! Japan and everything looks on track.

• @VirMach said:
    A little COVID update. Fatigue is gone, taste mostly returning. I'm coughing a lot more but I think it's just my system doing a cleanup mostly as I'm continuing to test negative. Slept a normal 6 hours today finally and got a lot of work done! Japan and everything looks on track.

Take it easy for a few days. The fatigue might continue for a while! Glad to have you back!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2022

Thanks Mr. VirMach!

https://i.imgur.com/2voOsIK.jpg

Still sealed, omg omg omg.

• @JabJab said:

Thanks Mr. VirMach!

https://i.imgur.com/2voOsIK.jpg

Still sealed, omg omg omg.

I’ll trade a GT710 in exchange for the $8.88 machine lol

• Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • I should go to sleep.

I don't know if I have to work tomorrow. I forgot to ask before applying for this job.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Astro said:

@AICDOWS said:

@VirMach said: Anyone paying above around $22 per year for any existing service, including specials. This will most likely take out all remaining spots.

Can I request an upgrade to the Japan region for $8.88 in Phoenix?

@VirMach can I test my luck and request a $8.88 in any location?

@VirMach can I test my luck and request double RAM on my $8.88?

• @yoursunny said:

@Astro said:

@AICDOWS said:

@VirMach said: Anyone paying above around $22 per year for any existing service, including specials. This will most likely take out all remaining spots.

Can I request an upgrade to the Japan region for $8.88 in Phoenix?

@VirMach can I test my luck and request a $8.88 in any location?

@VirMach can I test my luck and request double RAM on my $8.88?

Don’t forget about the bandwidth man. What a novice.

• I spent $400k buying a lowrider in GTA. Now I know what's a lowrider. What a waste.

• @VirMach said:

time for post-covid deals.

Potentially securing a good amount of IPv4, I'll keep you guys updated. That's the only thing standing in our way right now really in terms of rapid deployments for other locations (including Frankfurt.)

Japan power and network is ready. We're working hard to have the shipment out for it by Monday. About a week to get there plus customs. I'm having our developer wrap up the code for allowing sign-ups for migration, and we should be able to assign an IP address beforehand so you know where you end up but that last part isn't promised.

@VirMach said: We're working hard to have the shipment out for it by Monday.

Seems like this won't be a possibility, earliest pickup for air freight will be later in the week.

Thanked by 3FAT32 taizi Xrmaddness
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said:

Seems like this won't be a possibility, earliest pickup for air freight will be later in the week.

Air freight is expensive.
    Go for cargo ship or roll a kayak.
    It only takes a few months.
    Save on freight == 1.5GB for $6/year on Black Friday.

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:

Funny thing, depending on the location for what we are shipping, air freight can be cheaper than sea freight. I just like the idea of paying more for our servers to arrive in Amsterdam in 40 days instead of 6 days.

• @VirMach said:

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:

Funny thing, depending on the location for what we are shipping, air freight can be cheaper than sea freight. I just like the idea of paying more for our servers to arrive in Amsterdam in 40 days instead of 6 days.

I know Japan is keeping you busy but any idea when the spin the wheel upgrades will be handed out from the BF sales?

@Astro said:

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:

I know Japan is keeping you busy but any idea when the spin the wheel upgrades will be handed out from the BF sales?

I'm trying to delegate that to a new member of the team. If you already got the spin, the only one left should be the Ryzen upgrades which I'm handling, hopefully by end of week. If you haven't got it spun yet, the other team member will hopefully be handling it soon.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@VirMach - Check PM please.

I need a small favor from you :)

• @VirMach said:

@Astro said:

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:

I'm trying to delegate that to a new member of the team. If you already got the spin, the only one left should be the Ryzen upgrades which I'm handling, hopefully by end of week. If you haven't got it spun yet, the other team member will hopefully be handling it soon.

Who did you hire to be the company spinner and what did the job posting look like? Asking for a friend.

• @user123 said: Who did you hire to be the company spinner and what did the job posting look like? Asking for a friend.

Congratulations on your 1st comment to make me lol.

• @FrankZ said:

@user123 said: Who did you hire to be the company spinner and what did the job posting look like? Asking for a friend.

Congratulations on your 1st comment to make me lol.

My pleasure, gramps! How's the little one? :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Guess who received a new rtx 3060?

Thank you @VirMach ! Will test tomorrow :3

• Many thanks @VirMach for the Christmas gift :)

Thanked by 3FrankZ VirMach randomq
  • @user123 said: My pleasure, gramps! How's the little one?

He is doing great. He is such a happy kid. Thanks for asking.

Congratulations again to @JabJab @netomx and @swat4 those cards look really good.
    @VirMach really did make it a great Christmas this year.
    I'm really happy with my prize and the Buffalo purchases from the flash sale.
    I'm looking forward to many more years running VirMach VPSes.

• @FrankZ said:

@user123 said: My pleasure, gramps! How's the little one?

He is doing great. He is such a happy kid. Thanks for asking.

Congratulations again to @JabJab @netomx and @swat4 those cards look really good.
    @VirMach really did make it a great Christmas this year.
    I'm really happy with my prize and the Buffalo purchases from the flash sale.
    I'm looking forward to many more years running VirMach VPSes.

Will you do push-ups with me Frank?

• @VirMach any news on LA mitigation?

• @Astro said: Will you do push-ups with me Frank?

🥳

• https://www.reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/pmv0yy/3060_making_croaking_noise_when_fans_turn_on/

My first reaction was "MY HDD IS DIEING!", but then I realized I don't have any spinning rust in my current setup so it couldn't be that. Damn you EVGA :(
    tagging @netomx and @swat4 for awareness :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @JabJab said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/pmv0yy/3060_making_croaking_noise_when_fans_turn_on/

My first reaction was "MY HDD IS DIEING!", but then I realized I don't have any spinning rust in my current setup so it couldn't be that. Damn you EVGA :(
    tagging @netomx and @swat4 for awareness :P

You could RMA it. Or oil up the fans a little.

Thanked by 1netomx

IPv4 has pretty much been secured. We will now have enough IPv4 to (but this doesn't mean we necessarily will, no promises yet) migrate everyone if we wanted at this point, so that's great.

Japan is running into some minor logistics issues regarding their recycling laws that we're trying to have clarified. We just need to basically have the datacenter give us the go-ahead to ship a palette/crate because they'd have to properly dispose of it. Otherwise we'd need to send it in a cardboard box bundle and that'll be a nightmare and greatly delay things. The crate is ready. Servers are close to being ready for Japan but I'm still working on fine tuning the hardware to meet the very tight power usage and weight margins. So a lot of testing the last few days with different new heatsinks, BIOS configurations, fan setups. This isn't super necessary though for the time being and can be done remotely later/via datacenter hands, as in we will not delay the shipment any further once we get the all clear

Now that we have all the IPv4 we require, we're trying to quickly sign on more cabinet space (although theoretically we have almost enough already.) That means Frankfurt, and maybe other locations like Dallas, Chicago, and perhaps a new location. Other servers are also being finalized as previously mentioned.

Any questions, let me know.