Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 518
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• I prefer a Motorola V3i

• Not sure why I read

First batch of prizes have been fucked up.

• I'm glad to see Virmach here again.

• @imok said:
    Not sure why I read

First batch of prizes have been fucked up.

gremlins ?

• @VirMach how is the recovery coming along? COVID can be a bitch

• :# so sad

• @VirMach said: First batch of prizes have been picked up.

They slow, but seems like progress.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

Japan has been confirmed/signed/paid. Hardware being sent at an accelerated rate here.

We will have approximately 8,000 spots available in Tokyo. We're going to try to go in this order for allowing people to migrate to Tokyo, and will have more details in the coming week(s.) Tokyo is super expensive so we're definitely going to be pushing this one through ahead of anything else as available.

This is super unofficial, all of it may change, I'm just communicating it here to allow people to provide feedback.

1. People who filled out the survey a long time ago and picked Tokyo as a preference. This will fill about 700 of the available spots.
    2. Anyone who was promised a Ryzen upgrade or purchased a pre-order/reserved space already. This will fill only a few dozen spots.
    3. People who purchased a migration special will most likely allowed to be able to self-migrate early as well around this point. Potentially up to 1,000 spots filled here.
    4. Anyone paying full price/MSRP for a service on our website, this might fill another 1,000 spots or so but it's a super guesstimate at this point.
    5. Anyone willing to pre-order it/order it at designated sale prices, most likely at above $24 per package per year for a standard service, or biennial payment. I suspect a few hundred spots will be taken in this manner, up to a 500.
    6. Anyone paying above around $22 per year for any existing service, including specials. This will most likely take out all remaining spots.

Please note, any selection in the process above will be permanent, meaning once you pick Tokyo Ryzen, you cannot migrate out of it, at least not for a while. So if your goal is to get Ryzen ASAP but you do not want that location, you are suggested against it and should just wait for your preferred location.

Let me know if I forgot anyone or if you have questions or suggestions.

@Astro said:
    @VirMach how is the recovery coming along? COVID can be a bitch

It's still lingering, like a tiny hint of it being there. Mostly just the fatigue now and bursts of losing smell/taste to different degrees. I had a family member have months of the loss of taste so I wouldn't be surprised if I have the same issue. I'll definitely make the most of it and use it as an opportunity to eat healthier :)

Edit: although I hope the fatigue goes away ASAP, it's making it difficult not to still nap like 14 hours a day and makes it harder to push all these projects through (and I usually only sleep like 4-6 hours average. By napping I don't mean just sleeping, a lot of "breaks.")

• nice

• Japan! :)
    Before NL :(

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2022

Yea, Tokyo!!

I am almost sure that one of the locations I selected on the survey was Toyko, and would still really like to get a ~1GB Tokyo vps. Problem may be that I do not have anything currently that qualifies to migrate there. Will there be an opportunity for us to buy a VPS in Tokyo at a reasonable biennial (2 year) price?

• @JabJab said:
    Japan! :)
    Before NL :(

Patiently waiting for that NL ryzen. <3

• @FrankZ said:
    Yea, Tokyo!!

I am almost sure that one of the locations I selected on the survey was Toyko, and would still really like to get a ~1GB Tokyo vps. Problem may be that I do not have anything currently that qualifies to migrate there. Will there be an opportunity for us to buy a VPS in Tokyo at a reasonable biennial (2 year) price?

Similar situation here, 1GB for 10$ would be great. But that probably not even covering ip cost.

• Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2022

@ben47955 said: Similar situation here, 1GB for 10$ would be great. But that probably not even covering ip cost.

I was not expecting it for that low of a price. I just hope it will be competitive with other providers that sell Japan VPS, as I would prefer to buy from VirMach.

@VirMach

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @VirMach said:
    Japan has been confirmed/signed/paid. Hardware being sent at an accelerated rate here.

We will have approximately 8,000 spots available in Tokyo. We're going to try to go in this order for allowing people to migrate to Tokyo, and will have more details in the coming week(s.) Tokyo is super expensive so we're definitely going to be pushing this one through ahead of anything else as available.

This is super unofficial, all of it may change, I'm just communicating it here to allow people to provide feedback.

1. People who filled out the survey a long time ago and picked Tokyo as a preference. This will fill about 700 of the available spots.
    2. Anyone who was promised a Ryzen upgrade or purchased a pre-order/reserved space already. This will fill only a few dozen spots.
    3. People who purchased a migration special will most likely allowed to be able to self-migrate early as well around this point. Potentially up to 1,000 spots filled here.
    4. Anyone paying full price/MSRP for a service on our website, this might fill another 1,000 spots or so but it's a super guesstimate at this point.
    5. Anyone willing to pre-order it/order it at designated sale prices, most likely at above $24 per package per year for a standard service, or biennial payment. I suspect a few hundred spots will be taken in this manner, up to a 500.
    6. Anyone paying above around $22 per year for any existing service, including specials. This will most likely take out all remaining spots.

Please note, any selection in the process above will be permanent, meaning once you pick Tokyo Ryzen, you cannot migrate out of it, at least not for a while. So if your goal is to get Ryzen ASAP but you do not want that location, you are suggested against it and should just wait for your preferred location.

@Astro said:

It's still lingering, like a tiny hint of it being there. Mostly just the fatigue now and bursts of losing smell/taste to different degrees. I had a family member have months of the loss of taste so I wouldn't be surprised if I have the same issue. I'll definitely make the most of it and use it as an opportunity to eat healthier :)

Edit: although I hope the fatigue goes away ASAP, it's making it difficult not to still nap like 14 hours a day and makes it harder to push all these projects through (and I usually only sleep like 4-6 hours average. By napping I don't mean just sleeping, a lot of "breaks.")

@VirMach said: Ryzen

Waiting for Japan Ryzen :D

• I can't wait, please try to open up full-price purchases in Japan, I'll squeeze 1 spot

• Great VirMach, looking forward for Japan spot.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2022

double post

• @VirMach hope can get an Japan spot.
    Will you have the softbank port?

• Take good care of yourself.

• @VirMach said:

@Astro said:

Great News! Any looking glass available for Japan location.

• Waiting for Japan Ryzen

i buy 1G Migration Special for half a year

• @VirMach said: Anyone paying above around $22 per year for any existing service, including specials. This will most likely take out all remaining spots.

Can I request an upgrade to the Japan region for $8.88 in Phoenix?

• @AICDOWS said:

@VirMach said: Anyone paying above around $22 per year for any existing service, including specials. This will most likely take out all remaining spots.

Can I request an upgrade to the Japan region for $8.88 in Phoenix?

@VirMach can I test my luck and request a $8.88 in any location?

• No. But we have doubled your luck, to 0.0002%

• @ZA_capetown said:
    No. But we have doubled your luck, to 0.0002%

Better than 0.001 I guess

• @Astro said:

@ZA_capetown said:

Uhm, actually... 0.0002 is 5x smaller than 0.001... that thing, called math. :smiley:
    But do not let that demotivate you. Numbers, who need 'em anyways! :wink:

• @ZA_capetown said:

@Astro said:

@ZA_capetown said:

Uhm, actually... 0.0002 is 5x smaller than 0.001... that thing, called math. :smiley:
    But do not let that demotivate you. Numbers, who need 'em anyways! :wink:

Ah shiat. You got me there

• What happened here.