Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 520
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    IPv4 has pretty much been secured. We will now have enough IPv4 to (but this doesn't mean we necessarily will, no promises yet) migrate everyone if we wanted at this point, so that's great.

Japan is running into some minor logistics issues regarding their recycling laws that we're trying to have clarified. We just need to basically have the datacenter give us the go-ahead to ship a palette/crate because they'd have to properly dispose of it. Otherwise we'd need to send it in a cardboard box bundle and that'll be a nightmare and greatly delay things. The crate is ready. Servers are close to being ready for Japan but I'm still working on fine tuning the hardware to meet the very tight power usage and weight margins. So a lot of testing the last few days with different new heatsinks, BIOS configurations, fan setups. This isn't super necessary though for the time being and can be done remotely later/via datacenter hands, as in we will not delay the shipment any further once we get the all clear

Now that we have all the IPv4 we require, we're trying to quickly sign on more cabinet space (although theoretically we have almost enough already.) That means Frankfurt, and maybe other locations like Dallas, Chicago, and perhaps a new location. Other servers are also being finalized as previously mentioned.

Any questions, let me know.

Sounds great! Hope your recovery is coming along fine!

• @VirMach said: Any questions, let me know.

Should I drink water before going to bed at night?

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • trycatchthistrycatchthis Member
    edited February 2022

VirMach

Any restocking of BF offers? Any valentines day offers? Any offers just because its February?

MOAR?

• @trycatchthis said:

VirMach

Any restocking of BF offers? Any valentines day offers? Any offers just because its February?

MOAR?

yes, keep an eye on https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ this page.

Ryzen 8888 deals are going to show next month, next week, next day or just next minute, keep refreshing!

Thanked by 2imok Ganonk
  • @RecD said:

@trycatchthis said:

VirMach

MOAR?

yes, keep an eye on https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/ this page.

Ryzen 8888 deals are going to show next month, next week, next day or just next minute, keep refreshing!

You almost gave me hope. I was to get a BF deal but they were sold out time I got around to it.

• @imok said:

If you want to be up all night peeing.

• @VirMach said:

What are you wearing?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@imok said:

@VirMach said: Any questions, let me know.

I personally avoid doing this because I don't want to wake up in the middle of night to go to the bathroom, but sometimes wake up with a headache as a result. So my answer is drink half a glass of water instead of a full glass about 30 minutes beforehand.

@trycatchthis said:

VirMach

MOAR?

I want to try avoiding posting any other offers before we clean up everything else. We might do some kind of pre-order with the understanding that pretty much everyone else will have a chance go on the servers before you.

That will likely only be for the new locations only, to avoid any delays/issues for existing customers being migrated to the Ryzen version of existing locations.

The prices aren't going to be as crazy as Black Friday, but it'll be: [1] Ryzen, [2] new location, so it should still be exciting.

@user123 said:

@VirMach said:

What are you wearing?

What are YOU wearing? ;)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:
    What are YOU wearing? ;)

Bold of you to assume I am wearing anything

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@JabJab said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EVGA/comments/pmv0yy/3060_making_croaking_noise_when_fans_turn_on/

My first reaction was "MY HDD IS DIEING!", but then I realized I don't have any spinning rust in my current setup so it couldn't be that. Damn you EVGA :(
    tagging @netomx and @swat4 for awareness :P

Hahaha danke

• @VirMach said:
    What are YOU wearing? ;)

My new clothes (which are, coincidentally, the same as my old clothes):

• @VirMach said: BAND-AID brand flexible fabric adhesive bandage from cutting my fingers open building servers

what colour? I remember that was a drama in USA about that.

@VirMach said: Random stainless steel chain necklace my friend left/threw away when he was visting

It's only me that read little too much into this? ;)

Thanked by 1FrankZ

It seems a bit quiet here, just want to say thanks VirMach for keeping things running well :smiley:

• I will give a muted shout, to help break the silence. :smiley:

• Thanked by 3FAT32 imok Ganonk
  • It's Monday, but it is the Monday?

cociu excluded ofc.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Today is an interesting day. It is valentine, and we are at page 520.

There's this slang in Chinese where "520" stands for "I love you". This is a nice coincidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Internet_slang

• @FAT32 said:
    "520" stands for "I love you". This is a nice coincidence.

Is it?

@imok said:
    Is it?

Yes.

• Wow, it seems that the website is fully polished up!

Thanked by 1imok

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Look at the leeboard, you should start to worry.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2022

omg omg omg seems like VirMach website was fully reworked.
    global alert-warning about noVNC aka network status.
    No more "deleted" services and my list is like 1/3 what it used to be!
    Logging page adjusted to new template.

This looks pretty nice.

However there are still some modals covering single service page and I can't click (or scroll)
    website at all :(

EDIT: This seems to be issue on those RyzenAlphaBeta only? Normal services are good, this one is totally overlayed by something and you can't do anything.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @VirMach please delete fix "Black Friday Issues -- Please read before contacting support!" aka #vnc-issue-modal modal from BF(Ryzen?) services. The CSS code you are using

.fade:not(.show) {
        opacity: 0;
    }

and using JS to show it

$('#vnc-issue-modal').modal('show');

Which in bootstrap 3.3 don't add extra class show, so it stays with opacity: 0 forever - boostrap just changes display: none; to display: block; as in example here https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/javascript/#live-demo

No idea if that show CSS class you are using is from newer boostrap (too lazy to check) or you forgot to add it before modal('show'). Many modals are broken like that - for example modal about changing term when you don't qualify to that.

• @VirMach said: Now that we have all the IPv4 we require, we're trying to quickly sign on more cabinet space (although theoretically we have almost enough already.) That means Frankfurt, and maybe other locations like Dallas, Chicago, and perhaps a new location.

@VirMach said: Any questions, let me know.

One question, is this specific to VPS' or is this relevant to dedicated's as well?

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @JabJab said:
    However there are still some modals covering single service page and I can't click (or scroll) website at all :(
    EDIT: This seems to be issue on those RyzenAlphaBeta only? Normal services are good, this one is totally overlayed by something and you can't do anything.

I can confirm that it's the same for me.
    The Ryzen Alpha seems unusable on the new site, but the rest seem to work just fine. :-)

• View Ticket #995064

Subject: Ryzen Activation

The Ryzen activation ticket in Los Angeles has still not been processed since 11/26/2021, and I can't reply through the website, can you help me?

Thank you.

@Virmach

• @ben47955 said:

Look at the leeboard, you should start to worry.

Can't see it. Website is in an endless loop.

• @imok said:

@ben47955 said:

Look at the leeboard, you should start to worry.

Can't see it. Website is in an endless loop.

Look fine from here.