Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 522
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2022

@imok said:

@FrankZ said:

@imok said:

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Please, try again.

Dial 1 to get a greeting meesage.

Dial 2 to get a server.

Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

--

• @FrankZ said:

@imok said:

@FrankZ said:

@imok said:

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@imok said:
    Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

12212121212121212121221122112221212122212122212122121212121212121212222221212121211212121222221212121212122222111111212112122

• @FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

12212121212121212121221122112221212122212122212122121212121212121212222221212121211212121222221212121212122222111111212112122

Please, try again.

Dial 2 to get a server.

Tu ru ruuu

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Another day of OoS . :(

• New Month, I have a feeling and my japan Ryzen will come soon.

• @imok said:

Dial 2 to get a server.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@uzerhode said:
    New Month, I have a feeling and my japan Ryzen will come soon.

I hope you are right. :wink:

• imokimok Member

@hellokit said:

@imok said:

Dial 2 to get a server.

The call ended days ago sir.

@imok said:
    Tu ru ruuu

• imokimok Member

How are you guys? Everything good?

@imok said:
    How are you guys? Everything good?

Kinda, I guess. Never ending works to do...

Thanked by 1imok
  • imokimok Member

Work... I forgot I have to work too U_U

It's 9.39am. I should have started 1 hour ago.

• imokimok Member

I need to go out of the bed.

It's kind of difficult.

• imokimok Member

I'm wasting too much time.

• Yet another day of Out of Stock.

• imokimok Member

What specs do you want?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

is this the new cest pit?

• imokimok Member

@netomx said:

No sir. Why do you think that?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@imok said:

@netomx said:

No sir. Why do you think that?

522 pages on a promo that ended some months ago?

• Years. Some years ago.

Thanked by 1imok
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach any update on the new servers?

Everything is getting close to ready in bulk. I refrained from replying here a few times and I'll keep this reply slightly vague as well but I can finally share some information.

All San Jose servers shipped out today.
    All Atlanta servers are shipping tomorrow. I'm also going to attempt to ship half of Dallas, and Denver.

A full cabinet of servers are being shipped out to NYC in a crate, including storage. I missed my own target for that one because they're going in custom chassis for the most part and I'm still running into some issues with that. Hopefully that'll still be relatively on track. That also includes Japan for the custom chassis delays, but the good news for Japan that I wanted to share is that luckily it wasn't delayed for no reason at all: most the servers there are going to be 5 series Ryzen with Gen4 NVMe (I'd say like 90% proper Gen4 NVMe as in up to 7,400MB/s.) Our vendor shipped them late, and then I had to use custom chassis due to the previously mentioned shortage, combined with the weight requirements due to earthquakes there, as well as to reduce power usage and have more efficient cooling. Most of the burned time has been 3D printer issues.

(edit) Oh and Japan is getting a 10G storage server, already built minus 4 additional drives I'm trying to cram into a 2U. Otherwise it'll be 12 x 18TB, MegaRAID 9460-16i RAID 10, and Ryzen. I thought it over and the bulky and power hungry 4U dual E5 wasn't going to work.

This philosophy might end up spilling over into a few of the other storage nodes, as in since they got delayed for a year we might just switch them over to Threadripper/Epyc.

Life isn't easy, hope everything goes well to you @VirMach :)

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:
    @VirMach any update on the new servers?

Everything is getting close to ready in bulk. I refrained from replying here a few times and I'll keep this reply slightly vague as well but I can finally share some information.

All San Jose servers shipped out today.
    All Atlanta servers are shipping tomorrow. I'm also going to attempt to ship half of Dallas, and Denver.

A full cabinet of servers are being shipped out to NYC in a crate, including storage. I missed my own target for that one because they're going in custom chassis for the most part and I'm still running into some issues with that. Hopefully that'll still be relatively on track. That also includes Japan for the custom chassis delays, but the good news for Japan that I wanted to share is that luckily it wasn't delayed for no reason at all: most the servers there are going to be 5 series Ryzen with Gen4 NVMe (I'd say like 90% proper Gen4 NVMe as in up to 7,400MB/s.) Our vendor shipped them late, and then I had to use custom chassis due to the previously mentioned shortage, combined with the weight requirements due to earthquakes there, as well as to reduce power usage and have more efficient cooling. Most of the burned time has been 3D printer issues.

(edit) Oh and Japan is getting a 10G storage server, already built minus 4 additional drives I'm trying to cram into a 2U. Otherwise it'll be 12 x 18TB, MegaRAID 9460-16i RAID 10, and Ryzen. I thought it over and the bulky and power hungry 4U dual E5 wasn't going to work.

This philosophy might end up spilling over into a few of the other storage nodes, as in since they got delayed for a year we might just switch them over to Threadripper/Epyc.

I see nothing, but good news. Can't wait for a full replenishment.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach Thank you for the update and great news.
    I am really happy that San Jose is on the way 💖
    That has been one of my favorite locations.

Thanked by 1VirMach

San Jose arrived two days ago and is almost ready. Everyone who has a service there will soon be sent an email regarding migrations. Seattle was set up finally yesterday as well.

Atlanta shipment was delayed as I had to re-organize everything to make sure we deploy these more evenly based on new reports. Good news is that this means... we will deploy these servers more evenly. So anyway, Atlanta, Denver, and Dallas are going out maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday. It's packed.

Chicago location may get cut out, at least temporarily. This means people in that location may get an email explaining a relocation process. We're getting more space in Dallas to cover that temporarily.

Japan was going to have a second cabinet with our own network blend, including Cogent (to get more IPv4 addresses) but that's been cancelled. The first cabinet is still ready to go and just waiting for servers.

Seattle has been set up, I'm configuring more servers today. People on SEAKVM5 were emergency migrated here already yesterday/today.

NYC Metro has most the servers ready, it's a big shipment so just taking a bit longer to organize. If I can't do that in time I'll just start sending it off in pieces instead.

Los Angeles may have some stuff dropped off over the weekend. Rest would get shipped out.

Amsterdam - no updates.

• @VirMach said:
    San Jose arrived two days ago and is almost ready. Everyone who has a service there will soon be sent an email regarding migrations. Seattle was set up finally yesterday as well.

Atlanta shipment was delayed as I had to re-organize everything to make sure we deploy these more evenly based on new reports. Good news is that this means... we will deploy these servers more evenly. So anyway, Atlanta, Denver, and Dallas are going out maybe tomorrow, maybe Monday. It's packed.

Chicago location may get cut out, at least temporarily. This means people in that location may get an email explaining a relocation process. We're getting more space in Dallas to cover that temporarily.

Japan was going to have a second cabinet with our own network blend, including Cogent (to get more IPv4 addresses) but that's been cancelled. The first cabinet is still ready to go and just waiting for servers.

Seattle has been set up, I'm configuring more servers today. People on SEAKVM5 were emergency migrated here already yesterday/today.

NYC Metro has most the servers ready, it's a big shipment so just taking a bit longer to organize. If I can't do that in time I'll just start sending it off in pieces instead.

Los Angeles may have some stuff dropped off over the weekend. Rest would get shipped out.

Amsterdam - no updates.

Soooo many thanks to all these great news.

• @VirMach said:

Can you expand on this a bit? From Detroit, Chicago is just a bit closer and where my storage is sitting ....

@skorous said:

@VirMach said:

Can you expand on this a bit? From Detroit, Chicago is just a bit closer and where my storage is sitting ....

Colocation cost here seems to have shot up a significant amount over the last 1-2 years, to where it essentially costs around double what it does in ... let's say Los Angeles for our configuration, or even close to colocation costs in places such as London and Toronto. That's also not a good indicator that prices will remain stable.

But with that said, let me look at it again right now and see if we can work something out in this location. Bandwidth prices are really low here so maybe we could use it for storage since we're trying to expand that line of services.

In all cases thought this does not mean we won't do it, we just need more time.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@VirMach said: People on SEAKVM5 were emergency migrated here already yesterday/today.

I was moved yesterday. I'm seeing this as a preview of the future, and I am liking it very much. Thank you for all your efforts.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness