Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 314
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @zxrlha said: Crunchyroll always ask for 14-day trial. Funimation rolls back to English dubs every time.

I used to get the VRV 30day trial each time (to use for free). On Funimation, if you change the default setting on the site, it should resolve and always use Japanese.

• @Nekki said:

@Murv said: They are awful, but I personally prefer Crunchyroll's app over Funimation. Hope they at least keep Crunchyroll's layout...

They're all shocking. This is why I torrent anything I really like and stick it on Plex.

Torrent is really far better.

• @Nekki said: They're all shocking. This is why I torrent anything I really like and stick it on Plex.

Is it just me or torrenting is way faster than Crunchyroll? Crunchyroll's buffering takes forever for me...

• @Murv said: Is it just me or torrenting is way faster than Crunchyroll? Crunchyroll's buffering takes forever for me...

Okay, now that I think about it they all suck. C'mon Sony give us a new app for FuniRoll!

• @zxrlha said: Torrent is really far better.

Functionally, it is. Sometimes the simulcasts are quicker on the official sites but not by much. I pay my subs to all the sites because I want to support them and have them keep going, but outside of the long series (Naruto, One Piece) that I know a) I won't rewatch in their entirety and b) don't want clogging up the HDD, I watch everything on my own media server.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@Coffee said:
    Can we surpass the purple thread?

I don't think so.

No longer possible.

• @Shakib said:

@Coffee said:

I don't think so.

No longer possible.

Fuck the purple thread, and fuck Purple Daddy.

Thanked by 2Murv vr10
  • @Murv said:

@Murv said: Is it just me or torrenting is way faster than Crunchyroll? Crunchyroll's buffering takes forever for me...

Okay, now that I think about it they all suck. C'mon Sony give us a new app for FuniRoll!

Torrent is made by weebs, and thus it is far bettern than Crunchyroll.

• @Nekki said: I pay my subs to all the sites because I want to support them and have them keep going

The only reason I ever wanted a Crunchyroll sub. Someday I'll buy every visual novel I've played too...

• @zxrlha said: Torrent is made by weebs, and thus it is far bettern than Crunchyroll.

Gotta support the industry thou!

• @Nekki said: Fuck the purple thread, and fuck Purple Daddy.

Have you ever said that in the purple thread itself? That would've been hilarious (and deadly).
    I once went there to take a look, but all those cult members spamming stuff scared the shit outta me.

• @Murv said:

@zxrlha said: Torrent is made by weebs, and thus it is far bettern than Crunchyroll.

Gotta support the industry thou!

To support the industry, I would rather buy BD rather than online subs.

• @zxrlha said: To support the industry, I would rather buy BD rather than online subs.

That's good too, but I can't get my hands on them here.
    (Pretty sure importing anime BDs would be illegal here)

• vr10vr10 Member
    edited December 2021

-> @Nekki said:

@Shakib said:

@Coffee said:

I don't think so.

No longer possible.

Fuck the purple thread, and fuck Purple Daddy.

Rescinded, oops

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2021

@Murv said: Have you ever said that in the purple thread itself? That would've been hilarious (and deadly).
    I once went there to take a look, but all those cult members spamming stuff scared the shit outta me.

I may have done it already, but it would just be ignored I think.

Thanked by 1Murv
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2021

@Murv said: That's good too, but I can't get my hands on them here.

Where are you, UAE or somewhere like that?

• BD are unavailable or unafforadable to most people.
    I don't have a lot of buffering issues with either CR or Funi anymore, although I do have 300Mbps down speed (which isn't much, but alas).

I don't pay Crunchyroll because someone else pays for me. As for Funimation, my country has a service that you share subscriptions (like Youtube, O365, Netflix) and I will probably setup a group there so I can pay like $1.5/mo for Funimation

• @Murv said:

@zxrlha said: To support the industry, I would rather buy BD rather than online subs.

That's good too, but I can't get my hands on them here.

Illegal, but I found a way and got one VN successfully in the past. :D
    BD and VN are expensive, but light novels should be affordable.

• @Murv said:

@Nekki said: I pay my subs to all the sites because I want to support them and have them keep going

The only reason I ever wanted a Crunchyroll sub. Someday I'll buy every visual novel I've played too...

I want to buy VNs, especially those special edition.
    One most important deal I missed is the 15-year edition of yoake mae yori ruriiro na,
    the first VN I played. Crying. Hope there will be 20-year special edition.

• @Nekki said: Where are you, UAE or somewhere like that?

I have my reservations about revealing my origins, but I feel like nobody other than my comrades would be here at this time of day anyway.
    I'm from Iran. Probably the shittiest place in the Middle East. (and a top contender for the shittiest places in the world)
    Please don't assassinate me, my lovely leader.

• @zxrlha said: I want to buy VNs, especially those special edition.

Yeah, I'd like to buy some special edition packages myself sometime...

• @Murv said: I'm from Iran.

Still remember the days when we had a total Internet blackout for about a week because of the protests two years ago. Fun days...

• Wait, I remember something about politics not being welcome here... Please forgive me FAT32-sama! I'm just a weeb!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @Murv said:
    I'm from Iran.

My guess is correct! Sorry I don't know to much about there.
    My information is solely based on statistics of VPNgate, which shows that many people are from Iran.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2021

@Murv said: I have my reservations about revealing my origins, but I feel like nobody other than my comrades would be here at this time of day anyway.
    I'm from Iran. Probably the shittiest place in the Middle East. (and a top contender for the shittiest places in the world)
    Please don't assassinate me, my lovely leader.

I don't give a fuck where you're from. I'm from a country that basically ran around enslaving everyone they possibly could for a very long time, but somehow managed to convince everyone else that we're really OK because we managed to play a big part in resisting Hitler.

• @zxrlha said: Sorry I don't know to much about there.

Don't worry about it, comrade! Just know that my nationality or government does not reflect who I am. I'm just a weeb.
    We're all comrades, wherever we may live!

Thanked by 2vr10 zxrlha
  • @Nekki said: I don't give a fuck where you're from. I'm from a country that basically ran around enslaving everyone they possibly could for a very long time, but somehow managed to convince everyone else that we're really OK because we managed to play a big part in resisting Hitler.

UK?

• @Ouji said:

@Nekki said: I don't give a fuck where you're from. I'm from a country that basically ran around enslaving everyone they possibly could for a very long time, but somehow managed to convince everyone else that we're really OK because we managed to play a big part in resisting Hitler.

UK?

Bingo!

Thanked by 2Ouji zxrlha
  • @Nekki said: I don't give a fuck where you're from. I'm from a country that basically ran around enslaving everyone they possibly could for a very long time, but somehow managed to convince everyone else that we're really OK because we managed to play a big part in resisting Hitler.

Seems like I've made a good choice choosing Nekki-chan as my waifu and comrade.
    Thanks!

• @Murv said:

@Nekki said: I don't give a fuck where you're from. I'm from a country that basically ran around enslaving everyone they possibly could for a very long time, but somehow managed to convince everyone else that we're really OK because we managed to play a big part in resisting Hitler.

Seems like I've made a good choice choosing Nekki-chan as my waifu and comrade.
    Thanks!

Wait, Nekki-chan is your waifu? yoursunny said that Nekii-chan is his girlfriend.

This discussion has been closed.