Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 311
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @Nekki said:

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: By today’s standards it’s probably quite tame, but in an era largely before the internet was a common thing to have (told you I was old), mind-blowing.

Yeah thinking about it like that... That's actually amazing.
    Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

Honestly, I feel like it was. Having all this media readily available has kind of spoiled it for future generations.

I remember the excitement of finally getting Akira on VHS, and I remember paying £45 for a single episode of Bubblegum Crisis!

And the disappointment of the person who borrorwed your Akira VHS special edition double cassette with the making of never giving it back XD

I miss going to the record store trawling thru the latest shipment of 12" EPs etc. Trawling youtube/bandcamp is really not the same XD

• @Nekki said:

@Murv said: Show us. Do it. I don't think I'd ever be able to import any figures here...

Don't get into it. Plastic Crack is as expensive and addictive as the name suggests.

or get a resin 3d printer and some painting skills, theres some freaking amazing models being done

• @mycosys said:

@Nekki said:

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: By today’s standards it’s probably quite tame, but in an era largely before the internet was a common thing to have (told you I was old), mind-blowing.

Yeah thinking about it like that... That's actually amazing.
    Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

Honestly, I feel like it was. Having all this media readily available has kind of spoiled it for future generations.

I remember the excitement of finally getting Akira on VHS, and I remember paying £45 for a single episode of Bubblegum Crisis!

And the disappointment of the person who borrorwed your Akira VHS special edition double cassette with the making of never giving it back XD

I miss going to the record store trawling thru the latest shipment of 12" EPs etc. Trawling youtube/bandcamp is really not the same XD

The paradox indeed is that the immediate availability of all imaginable and unimaginable content trains our brains to expect so much that despite the increased variety and accessibility the actual level of enjoyment ends up being lesser.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2021

[29/11 18:00] PulsedMedia: €29.99/yr 1GB 1TB HDD Seedbox (Recurring
    €23.98/1stqtr (Renews at €59.97/qtr)

It should be 1stqtr @FAT32

• mycosysmycosys Member
    edited December 2021

@zxrlha said:
    :D Probably we should find some anime related to servers.
    Let me try

someone probably said this but Digimon would be the obvious anime related to servers.
    Tho if ur into webcomics NeoTokyo is kind of a must..... !f joo R 1337 3N|_|F

• I'm kinda sad that in all this weebery Lovely Angels:Dirty Pair never got mentioned

Also if youre a weeb and dont know who 'Pink Lady' are you are missing a huge piece of modern Japanese culture (jPop makes more sense once you know them lol)

Yuri for justice..... best kind of Yuri :p sorry

Thanked by 3ariq01 zxrlha Murv
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@dTQzBen8 said:

It should be 1stqtr FAT32

Hmm?

• @FAT32 said:

@dTQzBen8 said:
    BTW what's TOP DEAL REACTION GIF

Let me clear that out, I don't think it is well maintained... I will do a ranking by end of this week.

That was an idea that didn’t really fly as well as I wanted it to, once everyone started getting too ‘frisky’ with the gifs…

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki gosh, you're still awake! :smiley:

• @MikePT said:

More like just got up. I don't get to sleep in most of the time.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

More like just got up. I don't get to sleep in most of the time.

You won't sleep once you're in the 70s!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2021

@FAT32 said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

It should be 1stqtr FAT32

Hmm?

Ah whatever, it's gone :D

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@JabJab said:
    Ah whatever, it's gone :D

Nope, the deal is indeed recurring, which post is this?

• Close the thread. Feast is over, hangover and vomiting starts.

• @LTniger said:
    Close the thread. Feast is over, hangover and vomiting starts.

You close your thread first.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @HostSlick - your shared hosting plans have DDoS protection?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2021

@default said:
    @HostSlick - your shared hosting plans have DDoS protection?

Basic DDoS Protection. "Sensor Mode"
    Once Flood detected, it will be re-routed via zare protection (using corero).

Thanked by 1default
  • @LTniger said:
    Close the thread. Feast is over, hangover and vomiting starts.

No. There is no point in closing this thread. Some offers are still up for grabs. We may let it open for another 2 days.

It's a beautiful day of Wednesday December 1st outside, marking the ending month for an awful year with Covid19, involucration, data loss in big providers, and lots of popcorn drama; yet also an year which ends with an historical Black Friday and Cyber Monday event.

Since you are not in a very positive mood, here is some gif to cheer you up...

Thanked by 5ehab pbx FAT32 mycosys Murv
  • MurvMurv Member
    edited December 2021

@zxrlha said: Comrade, this is the first VN I played:

After some research it seems like she's from "Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na". Good choice comrade!
    It's been such a long time since I last played a romance VN...

The first VN I played is "Kara no Shoujo", it has some brutal shit in it so it may not be for everyone. But the detective game play is fun.

• @default said: here is some gif to cheer you up...

Good to see that the culture has spread a bit!

• @Murv said:

@default said: here is some gif to cheer you up...

The anime culture is actually quite spread, but it's just not for everybody's taste. I am an European, not a big fan of anime, yet I understand the fans and appreciate the work involved in it's pictures and it's design. I am a millenial who grew up with the beautiful Sailor Moon, therefore I somewhat understand this culture ever since I was a kid.

Thanked by 1Murv
  • @default said:

@Murv said:

The anime culture is actually quite spread, but it's just not for everybody's taste. I am an European, not a big fan of anime, yet I understand the fans and appreciate the work involved in it's pictures and it's design. I am a millenial who grew up with the beautiful Sailor Moon, therefore I somewhat understand this culture ever since I was a kid.

It really is pretty widespread now, at least in the West. Growing up, my entire anime selection was one shelf in the local VHS store with an occasional ‘event’ showing of Akira at a fancy cinema in London, but since then we’re at a point where it’s a culturally appreciated medium and no longer considered something weird and harmful. We even have showings of major anime movies at the cinema now, I think the latest My Hero Academia is currently airing and the Demon Slayer movie had quite a few showings earlier in the year. Even manga has quite a foothold, there was a major exhibition on at the British museum back in 2019, which is really significant.

Thanked by 3Murv Decicus skorous
  • @Nekki said: no longer considered something weird and harmful

Wait... it was considered weird and harmful!?

@Nekki said: It really is pretty widespread now, at least in the West.

That's nice... I think it's not actually that popular in the eastern parts of the world (of course excluding some Asian countries such as Japan).
    I think I'm the only weeb in my social circle. Nobody seemed to understand what I was talking about when I was spreading the culture in my uni class. Imagine the pain...

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited December 2021

Any 4GB KVM vps offer that sill active ??

And reasonable price

No more than $50/y

• @Nekki yeah well the problem is not the anime itself is just that if you take a look at this thread is just full of girly stuff .

Where are the days where people posted DBZ, powering up shit, cool stuff. So many anime to choose from to post a GIF, expressing something.

MAN UP :D

Respectfully... just an opinion.

Thanked by 2cybertech ariq01
  • @Nekki said:

@default said:

@Murv said:

It really is pretty widespread now, at least in the West. Growing up, my entire anime selection was one shelf in the local VHS store with an occasional ‘event’ showing of Akira at a fancy cinema in London, but since then we’re at a point where it’s a culturally appreciated medium and no longer considered something weird and harmful. We even have showings of major anime movies at the cinema now, I think the latest My Hero Academia is currently airing and the Demon Slayer movie had quite a few showings earlier in the year. Even manga has quite a foothold, there was a major exhibition on at the British museum back in 2019, which is really significant.

Believe it or not there was a Manga store near my High School (where i 'learned' Japanese)..... in the late 80s. The game/book store i used to go (love me some Traveller) to also had some anime/manga. Even earlier i loved Star Blazers (mutilated Space Battleship Yamamoto) and G-Force (mutilated Science Ninja Team Gatchaman) and Robotech (mutilated Macross) on TV

Thanked by 2Murv skorous
  • @Hxxx i concur.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @Hxxx said: full of girly stuff .

Hmm... I did post a few GIFs of dudes as well.

But let's be realistic, most weebs are weebs because of the cute waifus.
    No Waifu No Laifu!

Thanked by 3pbx Ouji Decicus
  • @Murv said: No Waifu No Laifu!

This man clearly is a man of culture.

Thanked by 3Murv Ouji mycosys
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2021

@Murv

Waifu is a term for a fictional character, usually in anime or related media, that someone has great, and sometimes romantic, affection for.

Just weird, @pbx not exactly a man of culture.

ps: kidding do as you please.

Thanked by 1Murv
This discussion has been closed.