Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• tholethole Member
    edited November 2021

@chocolateshirt said: We bought VPS for idle too..

>
    not sure if they allow to transfer BF20, 3cores, 16g, 60$ :)
    bought 1 2y to support them :))

• @thole said:

@chocolateshirt said: We bought VPS for idle too..

>
    not sure if they allow to transfer BF20, 3cores, 16g, 60$ :)
    bought 1 2y to support them :))

transfer to me

• Is anyone know how hosthatch count their bandwidth?
    Is it both in and out?

• @kzed said:
    Is anyone know how hosthatch count their bandwidth?
    Is it both in and out?

Both in and out

• @Emil
    Can I use the storage server for hosting the plex library? Is that considered I/O expensive?

• Possible to pay annually instead of biannually for the $17 deal?

• @VPSRaisonDetre said: Possible to pay annually instead of biannually for the $17 deal?

No.

• I enjoy the new clean UI!

• @VPSRaisonDetre said:
    Possible to pay annually instead of biannually for the $17 deal?

no

Thanked by 1VPSRaisonDetre
  • INVOICE NUMBER
    INVOICE DATE
    2021-11-27
    DUE DATE
    2021-11-27

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@FrankZ said: you can setup local networking on eth1

Note that it's something like "ens4" or "ens18" or "enp0s4" on modern Linux distros/kernels, not "eth1". The old naming scheme (eth0, eth1, etc.) is deprecated as it depends on the order the network cards are initialized in, so they can occasionally switch numbers if the one that's normally "eth0" takes longer than usual to initialize on boot. The new naming scheme is based on the location on the PCIe bus (an emulated PCIe bus for KVM machines) that the network card is using, as shown by lspci. This makes it stable.

Thanked by 3webcraft idleparty tux
  • @VPSRaisonDetre said:
    Possible to pay annually instead of biannually for the $17 deal?

No, someone changed the rules in the middle of the game.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Daniel15 said: Note that it's something like "ens4" or "ens18" or "enp0s4" on modern Linux distros/kernels, not "eth1". The old naming scheme (eth0, eth1, etc.) is deprecated as it depends on the order the network cards are initialized in, so they can occasionally switch numbers if the one that's normally "eth0" takes longer than usual to initialize on boot. The new naming scheme is based on the location on the PCIe bus (an emulated PCIe bus for KVM machines) that the network card is using, as shown by lspci. This makes it stable.

It was just an example. But since you brought it up I'll ask you for future reference, if I had said "ens18" or "enp0s4" in that example do you think it would have been just as clear to the person asking the question?

EDIT: I guess I could have just said "a secondary network interface".

edited November 2021

@FrankZ said:

@Daniel15 said: Note that it's something like "ens4" or "ens18" or "enp0s4" on modern Linux distros/kernels, not "eth1". The old naming scheme (eth0, eth1, etc.) is deprecated as it depends on the order the network cards are initialized in, so they can occasionally switch numbers if the one that's normally "eth0" takes longer than usual to initialize on boot. The new naming scheme is based on the location on the PCIe bus (an emulated PCIe bus for KVM machines) that the network card is using, as shown by lspci. This makes it stable.

It was just an example. But since you brought it up I'll ask you for future reference, if I had said "ens18" or "enp0s4" in that example do you think it would have been just as clear to the person asking the question?

EDIT: I guess I could have just said "a secondary network interface".

I think you're right - I guess we should have just said "secondary network interface" as I may have confused others by trying to explain it :P

• @verydima said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @verydima You are the reason providers don’t want to do specials. Please post your invoice numbers so @hosthatch can kindly refund them and add you to fraud record so you won’t pull this crap in the future! Personally I would ban you for idiotic behavior but it is the holidays.

No problem. Invoice numbers:
    https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/scrtgaa/ShareX/2021/11/chrome_XFGkEJvqCM.png

I don't understand where is fraud :))) I asked about providing me with what I buy and all. But ok )

@PieHasBeenEaten @hosthatch Any updates? If you cant open the screenshot file:
    Invoice #254437
    Invoice #254438
    Invoice #254464

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Someone's very dima‎nding in here...

• I had a q for the team... I made a ticket for the "info department"... but no response... is this the right queue or I should have created a ticket under different bucket?

Or is it safe to assume my question is frivolous probably and I cannot expect a response...

But I do realize its weekend but I also do not want to miss out on the sale.

Cheers and seasons greetings @Emil @hosthatch !

• Any chance of more vps in Milan?

• @plumberg Also waiting 1day+ for reply. Hope they will solve my problem soon.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

Whoops, something went wrong on our servers.

Is it possible to buy some extra storage on the compute 3 package? I find 60GB very low.

• does anyone have a YABS for the storage server?

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2021

@Emil said: We’re not offering location migrations for promo plans. However, we’ve already signed with a new provider in Sydney and you will be notified about migrations being scheduled late Dec/early Jan. It’ll be a vast improvement to the network connectivity.

B)
    Hey @Emil & @hosthatch

Let me migrate my vps to Hongkong, and i will pay extra migration fee maximum half from vps price, don't make me confused

My next renewal is in the end of this month

I almost never use this vps because routing issue and i want to make it useful, beside the deal is too good to let it go

B) B)

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@Emil said: You will soon be able to manage your old servers via cloud.hosthatch.com, but in order to unlock new features, a reinstall is necessary which will automatically migrate your server away from SolusVM.

Does anyone have an idea when we will be able to reinstall our old servers so they move over to the new panel? Just trying to get an idea of time frame for planning purposes. Picking one of the following, next week, next month, next year, would be good enough.

I'd say somewhere in mid January, but you will hear from us in an email once we're more close to doing this.

@ezeth said:
    Is it possible to buy some extra storage on the compute 3 package? I find 60GB very low.

There's a couple options for this.

1) you can stack multiple packages, so just pick another compute plan and you can add it's resources to your server
    2) buy a storage VM and mount the storage over the private network

We're not selling resources separately at the moment.

We will have some flash deals available for one hour tomorrow, at 11:00 CET.

At 12:00, they will expire, and we do not expect to restock them again.

All of our deals will expire after day's end tomorrow. Some deals are out of stock already and some more might be earlier than the rest too. Once a deal is out of stock, we will not be able to provision it for you. If you open a ticket for an exception, it will most likely get a delayed response and it will be a polite no. I understand everyone wants the best-est deal possible, but we're also humans. :)

• @hosthatch said:

@FrankZ said:

@Emil said: You will soon be able to manage your old servers via cloud.hosthatch.com, but in order to unlock new features, a reinstall is necessary which will automatically migrate your server away from SolusVM.

Does anyone have an idea when we will be able to reinstall our old servers so they move over to the new panel? Just trying to get an idea of time frame for planning purposes. Picking one of the following, next week, next month, next year, would be good enough.

I'd say somewhere in mid January, but you will hear from us in an email once we're more close to doing this.

@ezeth said:

1) you can stack multiple packages, so just pick another compute plan and you can add it's resources to your server

All of our deals will expire after day's end tomorrow. Some deals are out of stock already and some more might be earlier than the rest too. Once a deal is out of stock, we will not be able to provision it for you. If you open a ticket for an exception, it will most likely get a delayed response and it will be a polite no. I understand everyone wants the best-est deal possible, but we're also humans. :)

Thanks for the clock. 16 hours to go.

Thanked by 1johhhn
  • @hosthatch said: We will have some flash deals available for one hour tomorrow, at 11:00 CET.

All of our deals will expire after day's end tomorrow. Some deals are out of stock already and some more might be earlier than the rest too. Once a deal is out of stock, we will not be able to provision it for you. If you open a ticket for an exception, it will most likely get a delayed response and it will be a polite no. I understand everyone wants the best-est deal possible, but we're also humans.

Bring it on! PS: Do they come with free cars as a bonus?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • I heard they will include free teslas. But is it model 3 or S?

• Is there any hints as to what kind of deals tomorrow super-early morning will bring (from US here)? So far the only thing holding me back from jumping into the big storage deal is the potential for a slightly better provisioned one (more CPU or memory) or much better price.

Thanked by 1lentro
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch said:

@FrankZ said:

@ezeth said:

I see. I hope it's possible for me to upgrade from compute 3 to compute 4? I opened a ticket about it.

I never paid attention to storage amount when ordering, only ram :s

edited November 2021

@hosthatch said: We will have some flash deals available for one hour tomorrow, at 11:00 CET.

2 AM in my timezone (US Pacific Time). 😢
    Oh well, I guess no flash deals for me this year.

This discussion has been closed.