Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• bshbsh Member
    edited November 2021

Service Unavailable
    Sorry, we are doing some maintenance. Please check back soon.

and

Whoops, something went wrong on our servers.

• @bsh said:

Service Unavailable
    Sorry, we are doing some maintenance. Please check back soon.

and

Whoops, something went wrong on our servers.

Probably database throwing a fit as it is being abused at the moment by a flock of orders :-) Give it a second, it will probably come back at a certain point

• sportingdansportingdan Member
    edited November 2021

I'm hungry. anyone offering French rolls with cherry jam filling?

actually, that sounded like a provocation against @Emil and the entire nation of Sweden. no one in their right mind would prioritize French rolls over Swedish cinnamon buns.

Thanked by 1Emil
  • verydimaverydima Member
    edited November 2021

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @verydima You are the reason providers don’t want to do specials. Please post your invoice numbers so @hosthatch can kindly refund them and add you to fraud record so you won’t pull this crap in the future! Personally I would ban you for idiotic behavior but it is the holidays.

No problem. Invoice numbers:
    https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/scrtgaa/ShareX/2021/11/chrome_XFGkEJvqCM.png

I don't understand where is fraud :))) I asked about providing me with what I buy and all. But ok )

• @hosthatch said: It also does not come with a free car.

ok, now I feel deceived...

• Can someone explain to me what is meant by this ?

What do I get in the end effect in performance from a real AMD CPU that has e.g. 24 threads when it is said :

200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%

What means 200 percent dedicated how much percent dedicated is there ? You can only have 100 percent dedicated ?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021
    • redacted as @Nyr said it better then me.
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@TeoM said: Can someone explain to me what is meant by this ?

What do I get in the end effect in performance from a real AMD CPU that has e.g. 24 threads when it is said :

What means 200 percent dedicated how much percent dedicated is there ? You can only have 100 percent dedicated ?

You can use 100% of two threads all the time (200%) and you can burst to up to 4 cores at 100% for short periods of time (400%, not guaranteed).

• @Nyr said:

You can use 100% of two threads all the time (200%) and you can burst to up to 4 cores at 100% for short periods of time (400%, not guaranteed).

Are you sure? Do you like mathematic? Can you please write here:
    1 Equinix price for collocation, NY for example.
    2 Lowest server price with "AMD EPYC Milan (Zen3) CPUs - AMD 7443 or similar, with Samsung Enterprise PCIe 4.0 NVMes in RAID-10"
    3 Or you can check Equinix dedicated server price.
    4 How many dedicated resources as VPS "good and not fraud and not scam" provider can sell from each server?
    VPS not equal oversell, correct?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

@TeoM said:
    Can someone explain to me what is meant by this ?

in simple English, the overall average cpu utilization should not exceed 50 percent.

If you plan to run cpu intensive applications, get VPS that has 100% dedicated cpu cores (aka execution threads)

I have a VPS with 4 vCPU cores (with a different provider) and all four cores are 100% allocated.

• @hosthatch said:
    The only change we've made is to allow only 2 year payments for the #1 plan.

If its not written "2x resources", then I don't see why anyone would assume it comes with that. It also does not come with a free car.

A free car would be silly. And so overdone. It comes with a free truck! >:)

Thanked by 2tarasis tux
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

@verydima said:

@Nyr said:

2 Lowest server price with "AMD EPYC Milan (Zen3) CPUs - AMD 7443 or similar, with Samsung Enterprise PCIe 4.0 NVMes in RAID-10"
    4 How many dedicated resources as VPS "good and not fraud and not scam" provider can sell from each server?

if cpu has 8 cores (16 threads) then 8 VPS can have 2 dedicated vCPU cores (vCore refers to HWT thread)

For fair share, if the allocation is 25% then 32 VPS are possible, each with 2 vCPU cores (Fair Share).

• @verydima said: I asked

see, that's the thing. you did not ask. you demanded and threatened directly. no question. you're being abusive and deserve to being rejected.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@verydima said:

@Nyr said:

It would have been so nice if you had never left Hostloc for this forum.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited November 2021

His previous comment says "do no buy Hosthatch'" lol

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3255361/#Comment_3255361

Thanked by 3Falzo bulbasaur dev_vps
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@verydima You must be pretty dense like a block of wood. Really making threats like this is just plain not cool. If you had any questions at hand prior you should have asked here or opened a sales ticket. Saying you are going to file chargebacks for something you failed to grasp is on YOU!

Thanked by 1lentro
  • verydimaverydima Member
    edited November 2021

@dev_vps said:

@verydima said:

@Nyr said:

if cpu has 8 cores (16 threads) then 8 VPS can have 2 dedicated vCPU cores (vCore refers to HWT thread)

> For fair share, if the allocation is 25% then 32 VPS are possible, each with 2 vCPU cores (Fair Share).

4 CPU cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)?
    16 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe storage
    20 TB bandwidth (4 TB)
    $115 per year

(+ 4 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)

4 CPU cores I see, not vCores. Do you see the same?

Ok. So, 1 bare metal server (Equinix), 3 year billing period (https://metal.equinix.com/product/servers/) can have 64/4 = 16 VPS = $1840 per 1 year. But this server cost $1,351.00 per month :) Did you see this? I use 64vCore - maybe hosthatch just do some mistake in topic description :)

Hm. Where is an error?
    Equinix m3.large.x86 has 256Gb RAM: 256 GB / 16 = 16 VPS :)

• @dosai said:

Maybe you can read the context and history of that discussion?

• @verydima said:

@dosai said:

Yeah

• @verydima said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @verydima You are the reason providers don’t want to do specials. Please post your invoice numbers so @hosthatch can kindly refund them and add you to fraud record so you won’t pull this crap in the future! Personally I would ban you for idiotic behavior but it is the holidays.

No problem. Invoice numbers:
    https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/scrtgaa/ShareX/2021/11/chrome_XFGkEJvqCM.png

I don't understand where is fraud :))) I asked about providing me with what I buy and all. But ok )

@PieHasBeenEaten
    A lot of "Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten" and now answer on this message :)

• @dosai said:

@verydima said:

@dosai said:

Yeah

Hey

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @dosai said:

yes. which makes the whole thing here look like retaliation. he probably lost the refund/chargeback back then and now butthurt as he is came back to order, demand and threaten with new abusive chargebacks to smear the provider and hurt their paypal standing. as said abusive.

• @verydima said:

4 CPU cores I see, not vCores. Do you see the same?

For VPS, it simply means shared vCPU cores unless dedicated cores are mentioned. So, in this case, to spell out CLEARLY for you, it means shared vCPU cores (200% allocated from maximum possible 400%). In other words 50% allocated since
    200/400 = 0.5 = 50 percent

• @verydima
    I have a VPS with 4 dedicated vCPU cores and I am paying $10 per month (yearly plan) and that is an exception deal, in my opinion

That VPS is with another provider (php friends)

• @verydima said: Hm. Where is an error?

I have many VPS with HostHatch and where I think you are in error is that you are not taking into account real use. None of my VPS have any cpu steal to speak off. If HostHatch was massively overselling on cpu the cpu steal would obviously show that.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @FrankZ said:

@verydima said: Hm. Where is an error?

I have many VPS with HostHatch and where I think you are in error is that you are not taking into account real use. None of my VPS have any cpu steal to speak off. If HostHatch was massively overselling on cpu the cpu steal would obviously show that.

You are right.
    20 to 25 percent cpu core allocation is pretty generous, in my opinion.

Thanked by 2FrankZ vimalware
  • @dosai said:

@Calvin said:
    Any plans for APAC storage? @hosthatch @Emil

Q1 2022

Is this confirmed? Where did you saw this

• @Calvin said:

@dosai said:

@Calvin said:
    Any plans for APAC storage? @hosthatch @Emil

Q1 2022

Is this confirmed? Where did you saw this

Probably @dosai works for the company

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@verydima said: Ok. So, 1 bare metal server (Equinix), 3 year billing period (https://metal.equinix.com/product/servers/) can have 64/4 = 16 VPS = $1840 per 1 year. But this server cost $1,351.00 per month :)

HostHatch aren't renting their servers; they own them. Thousands of dollars upfront - maybe $3000ish for a high-end EPYC processor, $400+ for the RAM (honestly not sure what ECC RAM costs these days), etc. The monthly costs for the server are just maintenance (in case anything breaks), power, and bandwidth (which they're likely already paying for for an entire cage, so adding a new server to an existing rack with free space isn't too expensive)

This discussion has been closed.