Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@hosthatch said: We will have some flash deals available for one hour tomorrow, at 11:00 CET.

2 AM in my timezone (US Pacific Time). 😢
    Oh well, I guess no flash deals for me this year.

I already spent 170USD on host hatch looks like I'm spending more :P

Such great deals I recommended this in my discord and to my friends

Thanked by 2webcraft johhhn
  • @ezeth said:

@Daniel15 said:

@hosthatch said: We will have some flash deals available for one hour tomorrow, at 11:00 CET.

Their sales are addictive, so maybe my wallet will be thankful that I'll miss the flash sale. I think I spent something like $600 last year... Got a few servers (including large storage servers) in Chicago, but then they restocked in Los Angeles which is a better location for my use cases, so I got a few in LA too. Eventually transferred the Chicago ones to someone else.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 2brueggus webcraft
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@Emil said: To be honest I'm not sure how it'll be with previous BF promo plans as they usually have a no-upgrade-downgrade term. But we'll see.

Another idea I just thought of: If running costs of the new servers are not larger than the old servers and it's just the hardware that's more expensive, what about a once-off payment to migrate from the old hardware to new hardware, to offset the hardware costs? I'd be happy to pay a migration fee if the VPS continues to renew at its original price.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 said:

@ezeth said:

@Daniel15 said:

Their sales are addictive, so maybe my wallet will be thankful that I'll miss the flash sale. I think I spent something like $600 last year... Got a few servers (including large storage servers) in Chicago, but then they restocked in Los Angeles which is a better location for my use cases, so I got a few in LA too. Eventually transferred the Chicago ones to someone else.

I know right. I got 5 TB storage deal. I was thinking about getting the 10 TB one but I don't even know how to use this 5 TB one. I want to use it for backups but for backups that are compressed that will take forever to fill up a 5 TB storage node

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We will do half stock for the flash deals at 11:00 CET and the other half at 18:00 CET (to account for the timezone differences for different countries).

• @hosthatch said:
    We will do half stock for the flash deals at 11:00 CET and the other half at 18:00 CET (to account for the timezone differences for different countries).

bundles ?

• @hosthatch said:

any sneak peek/ tease of what could be coming @hosthatch ? :smiley:

edited November 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@Emil said: To be honest I'm not sure how it'll be with previous BF promo plans as they usually have a no-upgrade-downgrade term. But we'll see.

Another idea I just thought of: If running costs of the new servers are not larger than the old servers and it's just the hardware that's more expensive, what about a once-off payment to migrate from the old hardware to new hardware, to offset the hardware costs? I'd be happy to pay a migration fee if the VPS continues to renew at its original price.

It's not a bad idea, but you would end up paying the next 2 years worth of cost upfront as a setup fee, and then have the same yearly fee (so you would only have any real savings after renewing it for at least 3 years and onward). 3 years in this industry is a long time, and there might be better deals around at that point.

The new hardware isn't slightly more expensive. It's at least 2.5x more expensive, so while we can probably do what you want us to, the cost might not be what you expect it to be.

@ehab said:

@hosthatch said:

bundles ?

We might do bundles in some later sale, but they are too much manual work and we're focusing our manpower on other things for the moment.

@plumberg said:

@hosthatch said:

A blast from the past :)

• @hosthatch said:

@ehab said:

@hosthatch said:

bundles ?

We might do bundles in some later sale, but they are too much manual work and we're focusing our manpower on other things for the moment.

@plumberg said:

@hosthatch said:

A blast from the past :)

o boy,,, this sounds exciting... cant wait to see whats gonna come up. I am sure the pricing may be a tad bit higher, but, still worth the premium service...

On a side note @hosthatch do you offer BGP/ peering?

• @plumberg said: On a side note @hosthatch do you offer BGP/ peering?

From a previous deal:

We also offer BGP sessions in all of our locations for customers spending at least $180/year or $25 per month in total account spend.

(https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/170708/storage-and-nvme-goodness/p1)

AFAIK it's still the same today.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @hosthatch said:

where the announcement will be? here or in the mega thread?
    Looking forward to it.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch said:
    flash deals at 11:00 CET and 18:00 CET

and here I thought I'd be finished with the BFCM topic this year ...:

@plumberg said: On a side note @hosthatch do you offer BGP/ peering?

We're offering them in a select few locations for new sessions for now. In Q1 2022, we'll have a more automated process, so we will again offer all locations.

It's a huge pain when you have 16 different locations, with different upstreams and each of them has its own set of issues when announcing new prefixes or making any other changes. Customers usually request "please set it up in 16 locations", but for us, it's contacting a bunch of different companies, following up on issues, etc....lots of manual work involved.

• @hosthatch said:

@plumberg said: On a side note @hosthatch do you offer BGP/ peering?

We're offering them in a select few locations for new sessions for now. In Q1 2022, we'll have a more automated process, so we will again offer all locations.

It's a huge pain when you have 16 different locations, with different upstreams and each of them has its own set of issues when announcing new prefixes or making any other changes. Customers usually request "please set it up in 16 locations", but for us, it's contacting a bunch of different companies, following up on issues, etc....lots of manual work involved.

Of course - its a pain. Glad to know its getting automated. I am in no rush, so will wait out and let things cool down!

Thanks @hosthatch

• @hosthatch said:

Where do you plan to do this sale? Is it in BF megathreads?

• @lutfiallail said:

@hosthatch said:

Probably this thread - They usually do it in the same thread as their Black Friday sales.

• Is it possible to combine 2x 10TB storage?

• @Daniel15 said:

@lutfiallail said:

@hosthatch said:

Probably this thread - They usually do it in the same thread as their Black Friday sales.

Thanks 👍

• @hosthatch is it possible to enable nested virtualization on higher plan like compute #4 plan?

• @kzed said: @hosthatch is it possible to enable nested virtualization on higher plan like compute #4 plan?

This has been asked and answered before. The answer was "No".

Thanked by 1kzed
  • @FrankZ , ah didn't know about that, thankyou for helping the answer ;)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • I didn't receive email verification

• @hosthatch said:

Are the any chance of flash deals in Singapore or Japan?

• @lutfiallail said:

Last year it was in "this" thread, not the other one.

@underd0g said:
    Are the any chance of flash deals in Singapore or Japan?

Only 2 hours left to find out. :)

• @the_doctor said: Only 2 hours left to find out.

tick tack ...

the more important question: will @hosthatch play the delayed game as good as he did last year? the hype train is coming.

• @Falzo said:
    the more important question: will @hosthatch play the delayed game as good as he did last year? the hype train is coming.

I'm prepared for it this year... however also seems like a lot has changed compared to '20.

• Thanked by 2brueggus webcraft
  • @zeli said:

This discussion has been closed.