Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• oh lord.

@KASSA you'll get

1 CPU core (12.5% dedicated, burstable up to 100%)
    2 GB RAM
    15 GB NVMe storage
    bandwidth 500GB in APAC

and you can only order that plan for 2 years paying $34 overall (making it $17 per year). no additional doubling will occur.

the question is rather: did or did you not order already, and if so, when?

if you ordered earlier for only one year and it said less ressources on your order form, then you will get less, because it's only yearly. that's not hard to understand, is it?

• @Falzo said:
    that's not hard to understand, is it?

You'd be surprised 😆

Thanked by 3bdl Falzo BBTN
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2021

Bloody hell @Emil has the patience of a saint considering some of the fscktards buying his services

• nfnnfn Veteran

@KASSA said: the original $17 pack had only 1GB RAM,and 250gb APAC traffic,now the $34 Biennially plan had 500GB APAC traffic and 2GB RAM

This is not correct! I order in the earlier seconds some "Compute #1" and the specs were:

2 GB RAM
    15 GB NVMe storage
    2 TB bandwidth (500GB in APAC)
    $17 per year

The post was not edited. Where did you came up with the 250GB in APAC for $17?

@hosthatch @Emil can you clarify this?
    Just a suggestion .. your invoices should have the specs to avoid this misunderstanding.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Not really sure where the confusion is coming from, but you will get exactly what you ordered and what was showed to you at the order form when you ordered.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The only change we've made is to allow only 2 year payments for the #1 plan.

If its not written "2x resources", then I don't see why anyone would assume it comes with that. It also does not come with a free car.

• @hosthatch said: It also does not come with a free car.

but but but ... :D :D :D

Thanked by 3bdl BBTN tux
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hosthatch said: It also does not come with a free car.

Thanks for clarification, I opened ticket #13377331 for a refund.
    Thank you.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@hosthatch said:
    It also does not come with a free car.

Ahhhh I saw this on my dreams, but for $7 😈

• I made a screenshot. if I do not get what I demand...

/s

Thanked by 3nfn Daniel15 tux
  • My guess is that KASSA is an MJJ, from mainland of China, if I am not mistaken. And if I am correct, I may understand the logic of asking for clarification.

The original plan is as nfn has posted above (if not bothering to turn to the 1st page), 1 core plus 2g ram at $17 level, but hosthatch then modified the plan to force biennial payment, ie. $34.

Since hosthatch didn't say these were different plans, KASSA may think the adjustment is unfair, because if someone placing the order after the adjustment from one year to two year, ie. from $17 to $34 without any discount (for example, one year of $17, two year of $32, or sth. like that), the late bird will be considered unfairly treated by having to pay more in advance, double amount but only has the same configured hardware.

When hosthatch prev said the plan was already doubled to 2g from 1g, perhaps KASSA took it as an indication that the original plan/config came with only 1g ram.

My understanding is that, we can take the adjustment as a round of restocking with different config. Early birds are privileged to have version one of the $17 plan, paying one year with 2g ram, and late birds are offered $34 plan, paying two years with 2g ram.

Just my understanding of the cause of the confusion. Actually I recall there's been such confusion and misunderstanding of the $17 plan at hostloc forum.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@hosthatch said:
    Not really sure where the confusion is coming from, but you will get exactly what you ordered and what was showed to you at the order form when you ordered.

There is no way to prove what it was in the order form, so I assume it's the same you have here.. 500GB in APAC for "Compute #1"

• @aRNoLD said:
    My guess is that KASSA is an MJJ, from mainland of China, if I am not mistaken. And if I am correct, I may understand the logic of asking for clarification.

The original plan is as nfn has posted above (if not bothering to turn to the 1st page), 1 core plus 2g ram at $17 level, but hosthatch then modified the plan to force biennial payment, ie. $34.

Since hosthatch didn't say these were different plans, KASSA may think the adjustment is unfair, because if someone placing the order after the adjustment from one year to two year, ie. from $17 to $34 without any discount (for example, one year of $17, two year of $32, or sth. like that), the late bird will be considered unfairly treated by having to pay more in advance, double amount but only has the same configured hardware.

When hosthatch prev said the plan was already doubled to 2g from 1g, perhaps KASSA took it as an indication that the original plan/config came with only 1g ram.

My understanding is that, we can take the adjustment as a round of restocking with different config. Early birds are privileged to have version one of the $17 plan, paying one year with 2g ram, and late birds are offered $34 plan, paying two years with 2g ram.

Just my understanding of the cause of the confusion. Actually I recall there's been such confusion and misunderstanding of the $17 plan at hostloc forum.

✔️

Thanked by 1bsh
  • @Falzo said:

I made a screenshot. if I do not get what I demand...

/s

I'm regrettable because I did not buy plan #1 but higher, I feel lost :) Oh, my car :)

• nfnnfn Veteran

@aRNoLD said:

I don't have nothing to do with hosthatch or other provider business plan, but 1 year commitment is my limit.

• @nfn said:

@hosthatch said:

There is no way to prove what it was in the order form, so I assume it's the same you have here.. 500GB in APAC for "Compute #1"

not exactly, there is a way, ie., by retrieving the order generated time against the time of the adjustment. but there should be the specs of config frm the order, so it cannot be wrong. I think the Doubling Resources cult was formed frm RackNerd culture and was taken for granted by many MJJs.

• @Falzo said:

I made a screenshot. if I do not get what I demand...

/s

I even made video recording and notarized I immediately call police if not delivered as it is.

• @nfn said:

@aRNoLD said:

I don't have nothing to do with hosthatch or other provider business plan, but 1 year commitment is my limit.

I see.

I was just referring your post, which is physically very close to my prev reply, so people don't have to click and turn to the 1st page for the plan details.

Thanked by 1nfn
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@aRNoLD said:

@nfn said:

@hosthatch said:

not exactly, there is a way, ie., by retrieving the order generated time against the time of the adjustment.

I don't know when it was changed from 1 to 2 years.

I can only say that I got 4 Compute#1 for $17 with 1 year commitment with 500GB in APAC and I know this because I have my browser tabs open in the first post from when this thread started.

• @nfn said:

@aRNoLD said:

@nfn said:

@hosthatch said:

not exactly, there is a way, ie., by retrieving the order generated time against the time of the adjustment.

I don't know when it was changed from 1 to 2 years.

I can only say that I got 4 Compute#1 for $17 with 1 year commitment with 500GB in APAC and I know this because I have my browser tabs open in the first post from when this thread started.

the adjustment? not that late.

I placed the order early (because the cloud/new mgmt panel broke down for some time and I believe most of the people didn't get in the ordering sys) and when I finally completed the process I bumped in one of the threads/replies on hostloc saying that they had to pay two yrs of the $17 plan without reverting to one yr term. Most people were interested in grabbing storage boxes, few like me focused on hosthatch's new business expansion. I am among the first generation of war/tky datacenters.

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

Before people start asking, yes Compute #1 is out of stock in Hong Kong and Tokyo. The "There are currently 50+ items left available for pre-order." is a sum of all locations.

Compute #2, #3 and #4 are still in stock in all locations.

• @aRNoLD said:
    My guess is that KASSA is an MJJ, from mainland of China, if I am not mistaken. And if I am correct, I may understand the logic of asking for clarification.

damn bro, you just got what i wanna said,you shoud be rewarded

• Any plans for APAC storage? @hosthatch @Emil

• @Calvin said:
    Any plans for APAC storage? @hosthatch @Emil

Q1 2022

• KASSAKASSA Member
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch said:
    The only change we've made is to allow only 2 year payments for the #1 plan.

If its not written "2x resources", then I don't see why anyone would assume it comes with that. It also does not come with a free car.

Those who think they are funny and humorous can be saved. If you can modify the description in time (if SO called Experience might be on the list), I believe that so many people will not ask around this topic.

Therefore, I hope you will have more sincerity and less tricks in this Black Friday marketing campaign.

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep

We're not pulling any tricks here, it's quite hard to do so when we can't even edit the main post. WYSIWYG. Sure there might be comments in this thread that can cause confusions, but there is no confusion possible if you read the first two official posts in this thread and then go ahead and place your order.

• KASSAKASSA Member
    edited November 2021

@Falzo said:
    oh lord.

@KASSA you'll get

> 2 GB RAM
    > 15 GB NVMe storage
    > bandwidth 500GB in APAC
    > 

and you can only order that plan for 2 years paying $34 overall (making it $17 per year). no additional doubling will occur.

the question is rather: did or did you not order already, and if so, when?

if you ordered earlier for only one year and it said less ressources on your order form, then you will get less, because it's only yearly. that's not hard to understand, is it?

Thank you for your hard typing in so many texts. Maybe you think about it in another way. When you see such texts, will you ask more, maybe it's not a bad thing for others to ask questions? Maybe providing some constructive opinions instead of some self-righteous irony is more conducive to solving the problem?

By the way, to answer your question, I already placed an order before I posted, but later I found it strange and ask a question

• @Emil said:
    We're not pulling any tricks here, it's quite hard to do so when we can't even edit the main post. WYSIWYG. Sure there might be comments in this thread that can cause confusions, but there is no confusion possible if you read the first two official posts in this thread and then go ahead and place your order.

thanks you,anyway

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@verydima You are the reason providers don’t want to do specials. Please post your invoice numbers so @hosthatch can kindly refund them and add you to fraud record so you won’t pull this crap in the future! Personally I would ban you for idiotic behavior but it is the holidays.

• @Emil said:

@Milon said:

@add_iT said:
    Can i migrate my vps from old node in Sydney, to Hongkong old node too @hosthatch @Emil ??

Sydney routing are getting worst lately especially IPv6 , sometimes has got packet loss

My invoice to renew the vps will be generated on 30 November, and i will try to renew my service

Pls check my ticket if you dont mind #139543

Same question
    Same reason.
    To any other location, better in Europe.
    Sydney almost unusable for all year.

We’re not offering location migrations for promo plans. However, we’ve already signed with a new provider in Sydney and you will be notified about migrations being scheduled late Dec/early Jan. It’ll be a vast improvement to the network connectivity.

This discussion has been closed.