Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 438
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@ben47955 said:
    In which time zone ?

EST. VirMach likes EST.

• That make it easy for me too. I just need to check in the corner of my screen.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited August 2021

@FAT32 said:
    Let's start a new series, 100 days of Ryzen.

1 post/image/comment/meme/gif about Ryzen a day, for 100 days or until VirMach deployed their Ryzen, whichever is earlier.

• Is that one each, or just one per day? I think one each :)

Thanked by 1randomq
  • Thanked by 2FAT32 imok
  • Where is Japan on this map ?

• @ben47955 said:
    Where is Japan on this map ?

Have you ever actually seen Japan in person? It doesn't exist.

• The journey started by the acquisition of a nice OVZ deals. Later this OVZ got converted to KVM for free. Now this Vm may be moved to Ryzen. What next in this journey ?

@ben47955 said:
    The journey started by the acquisition of a nice OVZ deals. Later this OVZ got converted to KVM for free. Now this Vm may be moved to Ryzen. What next in this journey ?

Well... the final final final final one (Maybe 100 years later), our double deal will finally happen.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • By that time, Virmach would probably join the Fortune 500 club.

@ben47955 said:
    By that time, Virmach would probably join the Fortune 500 club.

That... could take forever.

• Thanked by 2FAT32 FrankZ

@randomq said:

Your Photoshop skill is great :)

• @FAT32 said:

@randomq said:

Your Photoshop skill is great :)

Thanks :) I've been too lazy to use my laptop; that was done using Autodesk's Sketchbook on my Android phone.

• Thanked by 2imok FrankZ
  • imokimok Member

Hello.

Are Ryzen servers delivered?

• @imok said:
    Hello.

Are Ryzen servers delivered?

Well, I just delivered 60 in that PNG.

• imokimok Member

Are Ryzen servers real? What if it's a conspiracy from all the providers?

• @imok said:
    Are Ryzen servers real? What if it's a conspiracy from all the providers?

I've seen them, they are real:

Thanked by 1imok
  • imokimok Member

I hear the buzz of the washing machine and I think it's an earthquake.

Earth has been moving a lot since July 30.

• @imok said:
    I hear the buzz of the washing machine and I think it's an earthquake.

Thanked by 2FrankZ imok
  • @imok said: I hear the buzz of the washing machine and I think it's an earthquake.

I feel you. After going through a 8.0 in the '85 and a 8.2 in the '95. Big earthquakes are one of the few things that scare the hell out of me.

We had a 6.1 here about a month ago, at midnight. When I felt the first wave, I jumped out of bed, grabbed the dog and was running for the door with the wife on my heels. It's better to laugh at yourselves afterward then be too slow to react.

P.S. Hello everyone. Hope you are doing well.
    @VirMach are you still driving to the DC?

• @FrankZ biggest on our island was a 6.9 a few years back. Because my house is basically on top of a solid rock lava flow, though, we barely felt it!

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2021

@randomq - Your right the ground does make a big difference. The '85 one on a dry lake bed was much worse then '95 one that was in/near the mountains.

It's not the earthquake itself that bothers me. It's the buildings falling down around me. Concrete and rebar load bearing columns do not flex well during major earthquakes, and that is how most places here are built.

I never understood why most civil engineers don't take into account that in humid climates rebar rusts inside of concrete and creates tremendous pressures that reduce the structural integrity of the building over time.

My place is built as post and beam with 10" steel "I" beams and concrete block walls. It may crack but it should not fall down in the next 8+ earthquake. Fingers crossed.

• @FrankZ nice, sounds solid!

I built mine on concrete piers, 4ft wood posts, and big wood beams under the floor joists. I think that helps too as the wood flexes. At least until the termites find it!

Have you seen the movie 2012? I think my next house will be a big boat floating on a private pond. Then when the earthquakes come and the sea rises I'll just sail away :)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Yes I saw the movie. If it comes to that, it was good knowing you. :)

Thanked by 1randomq
  • Got a small earthquake on 14th floor the other days... That bounced a lot.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • So we have heard from imok in Peru, randomq in Hawaii, ben47955 (iirc in Indonesia), myself in Mexico, and I am sure VirMach in LAX has seen his fair share of earthquakes lately. Maybe deank is right and "The end is Nigh"
    @randomq better start building that boat :wink:

Thanked by 1randomq