Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

I congratulate AnyNode for letting it go. The service was awesome at start, but more than a year later it started becoming really bad. My VPS on reseller account was down so much, that I even got to quitting recreating it and cancelled the whole thing. This move to may not be the best choice from AnyNode business, but it's definitely great for showing care about customers.

It's weird that even though I cancelled, service still shows active. @Francisco should be careful of people abusing these active services which should normally be expired.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@default said: It's weird that even though I cancelled, service still shows active. @Francisco should be careful of people abusing these active services which should normally be expired.

Once August 1st rolls around those will all get killed off.

We're confirming with the Anynode team every ticket that comes in to verify resources, next due dates, things like that :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1erichica
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Congrats on the merger @Francisco.> @default said:

I congratulate AnyNode for letting it go. The service was awesome at start, but more than a year later it started becoming really bad. My VPS on reseller account was down so much, that I even got to quitting recreating it and cancelled the whole thing. This move to may not be the best choice from AnyNode business, but it's definitely great for showing care about customers.

It's weird that even though I cancelled, service still shows active. @Francisco should be careful of people abusing these active services which should normally be expired.

I will say @Francisco's BuyVM billing folks are on top of their game. :D

@DataIdeas-Josh said: I will say @Francisco's BuyVM billing folks are on top of their game.

Woman can throw a shoe like no other.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said: I will say @Francisco's BuyVM billing folks are on top of their game.

Woman can throw a shoe like no other.

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

More like:

@Harambe said:

More like:

I was looking for that one but came across that other one.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Woo. Out of curiosity, will Miami be linked up to the anycast setup?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

Also, thought they shut down back in 2016 when I was a customer with them. Glad to see they are still around and going to good hands.

Due to lack of resources and the departure of administrative staff, I can no longer maintain the services offered by our company. In order to ensure all users have ample time to migrate their services I will be keeping equipment active and online until June 30th, 2016. After that date all VPS instances will be shut down permanently and data will be destroyed without warning. As a part of our apology for cancellation of your service, outstanding invoices dated May or June can be ignored, your instance(s) will stay online until the termination date. Please ensure your data is migrated before then.
    Any customer with a renewal period ending past that date may be eligible for a partial refund, depending on type of service. If you have any other questions please contact the helpdesk.

• zhizhi Member
    edited May 2021

This is the second time it has been sold.
    It used to be called Hostigation, there is a sub-brand called AcrosVM.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Harambe said: OpenVZ Wedges

Your wedge is being changed to a slice.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@zhi said: It used to be called Hostigation

Thanked by 1vimalware

@zhi said: It used to be called Hostigation, there is a sub-brand called AcrosVM.

Yes, AcrosVM was a 2nd brand that Hostigation ran that was focused on Chinese users.

We aren't buying anynode, it'll continue to operate its dedicated servers, IPs, etc.

We're only handling the VPS side of things.

Francisco

• @raindog308 said: Your wedge is being changed to a slice.

Ahh, but is it a thick slice? :s

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2021

@AlwaysSkint said:

@raindog308 said: Your wedge is being changed to a slice.

Thin crust.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Yup I regretted for not purchasing their service earlier, this is excluding when time to time anyNode provided really good promo during Easter/BF/CM/Xmas

Always wanted a promo in BuyVM but never happened, hindsight is perfect anyway :joy:

@thedp said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Thin crust.

I co-chaired the committee that reviewed the recommendation to revise the the VPS to food portioning... We kept it sliced.

Francisco

• cubebuildercubebuilder Member
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:

@NobodyInteresting said: I have been eagerly awaiting BuyVM in Miami for a while, I can definitely wait a bit longer ;-)

Been a bit of a meme for a while on our discord. The definition of Soon(TM).

Francisco

BuyVM Miami coming soon(tm) at March 2021.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@FAT32 said:
    Yup I regretted for not purchasing their service earlier, this is excluding when time to time anyNode provided really good promo during Easter/BF/CM/Xmas

Always wanted a promo in BuyVM but never happened, hindsight is perfect anyway :joy:

I totally understand you.

In my case this migration offer came just 8 days after my service expired. This migration offer it's just not meant to be for most people, and I am totally fine with how it is. Besides, I already have enough VPS servers. :smiley:

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@Francisco said: 2GB for $15/year

lol, I would have jumped on that if I realised it'd one day be migrated to BuyVM. Hahaha. Oh well.

@AlwaysSkint said:

mmm, thicc slice

Thanked by 1skorous

@default said:

@FAT32 said:

I totally understand you.

In my case this migration offer came just 8 days after my service expired. This migration offer it's just not meant to be for most people, and I am totally fine with how it is. Besides, I already have enough VPS servers. :smiley:

Let me know if you decide you want the VM again. This started a couple weeks ago so I'll let it slide.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That escalated quick duh

You can have the 8$/y KVM when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

• @Neoon said:
    That escalated quick duh

You can have the 8$/y KVM when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Dang you're soo lucky @Neoon! LOL!

• titustitus Member

Thx for the notification (received it by email also). I was very happy with my 'small' promotional AnyNode VM, and I hope/think it will be in good hands with BuyVM also.
    Ticket created for VPS migration request (Ticket ID: #520526).

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions

Last year the secondhand market hotness was WHMCS owned licenses.

This year it's going to be "former AnyNode BuyVM-transferrable" VPSes.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Good to know. :)

@raindog308 said:
    Last year the secondhand market hotness was WHMCS owned licenses.

This year it's going to be "former AnyNode BuyVM-transferrable" VPSes.

We're not allowing transfers on either end of this. Once the VPS is in your account, it stays there.

I don't need a return of the BuyVM black market days. Kidney's selling for a couple 128's and shit.

Francisco

Thanked by 2raindog308 seriesn

@titus said:
    Thx for the notification (received it by email also). I was very happy with my 'small' promotional AnyNode VM, and I hope/think it will be in good hands with BuyVM also.
    Ticket created for VPS migration request (Ticket ID: #520526).

:)

Pretty sure you mistyped how much space your plan came with. I added a note to the ticket for Karen to adjust in the morning.

Francisco

Thanked by 1titus
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Thank you sir :)

Direct any non billing questions to me and we'll get things sorted.

Anynode migrated VM's will provision on E5v2's, just like you're on now. Sorry, I can't quite justify a 2GB for $15/year on Ryzen :) But you get access to most of our addons (block storage, snapshots/backups, DDOS Protection, anycast, BGP, etc).

Francisco

still a damn good deal, wish i could buy that

• cazrzcazrz Member

Maybe next is Hostodo, @Hassan @Francisco
    I think this is also got to do with their IP change by June 1sr.

I also have unused VM with AN. I already have account on BuyVM.

So whats next with Miami, Hostodo, AnyNode and BuyVM ?