Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@cazrz said:
    Maybe next is Hostodo, @Hassan @Francisco
    I think this is also got to do with their IP change by June 1sr.

I also have unused VM with AN. I already have account on BuyVM.

So whats next with Miami, Hostodo, AnyNode and BuyVM ?

No on hostodo. Hassan and I talk all the time and he's got big dreams and plans for hostodo.

Great guy, busts his ass and has worked really hard to improve his services since his old days.

He's had me help him with some gear and will be doing a bit of work for him when I go down to Miami :)

Past doing some remote hands, he does his own thing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • titustitus Member

Thx for the notification (received it by email also). I was very happy with my 'small' promotional AnyNode VM, and I hope/think it will be in good hands with BuyVM also.
    Ticket created for VPS migration request (Ticket ID: #520526).

Pretty sure you mistyped how much space your plan came with. I added a note to the ticket for Karen to adjust in the morning.

Thank You! :) I'm really happy.
    Sadly the disk space is true (It was a limited BF promo plan)

edited May 2021

Yes 5gb makes me cry. I'll bump you to 10gb free of charge.

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: Yes 5gb makes me cry. I'll bump you to 10gb free of charge.

"Thank you. We've doubled your storage."

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Honour cheap plans pricing, double storage for free out of good will, damn this is really a steal

• @FAT32 said:
    Honour cheap plans pricing, double storage for free out of good will, damn this is really a steal

This be the Fran way.

• JasonMJasonM Member

I have two anynode vps and also a buyvm (old) account.

1. For one vps can I opt to get buyvm credit?
    2. For second vps can I get similar configuration vm?

or is it mandatory to select only one choice (credit or vm)?

@JasonM said:
    I have two anynode vps and also a buyvm (old) account.

1. For one vps can I opt to get buyvm credit?
    2. For second vps can I get similar configuration vm?

or is it mandatory to select only one choice (credit or vm)?

Whatever you like.

Francisco

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@FAT32 said: Honour cheap plans pricing, double storage for free out of good will, damn this is really a steal

and the fastest ticket response time of any provider I have used.

NOTE: I have only had 6 tickets in 6 years, but it always amazes me how fast both billing and support respond.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@FrankZ said:

@FAT32 said: Honour cheap plans pricing, double storage for free out of good will, damn this is really a steal

NOTE: I have only had 6 tickets in 6 years, but it always amazes me how fast both billing and support respond.

Out of the small issues I've had you cant go wrong with @Francisco.

Thanked by 2FrankZ cats
    edited May 2021

@FrankZ said:

I rarely open tickets but that could be very useful, Fran actively solve major issues (such as last time BuyVM network-wide DDOS) in a very professional way.

I had always placed BuyVM in the top of my list to purchase if got sales but waited for 4 years and none :joy: - That said if I have serious project that needs high availability and stability will still purchase at normal price

(None of my shared/reseller/NAT/VPS/Dedi are at normal price)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

facts i beefed with francisco lately, but i love both cociu and francisco. he runs a good ship and i can't fault him for that.

• pierrepierre Member

Will the E5-v2 server be temporary/only available for the AnyNode transfers, or will AnyNode/BuyVM still offers to fill up space on the nodes.

@pierre said:
    Will the E5-v2 server be temporary/only available for the AnyNode transfers, or will AnyNode/BuyVM still offers to fill up space on the nodes.

I don't expect there to be much of any room left on the E5's. We're only provisioning what's needed. Maybe come BF or something we'll have some cancellations we can offer a few restocks on, but we won't provision new gear past what's needed.

Francisco

• funny enough i was unhappy with anynode even told them to cancel my easter deal cuz it was so bad.. but they insisted i stay, offered me a vm on a different node that worked well and bumped up my storage space for the hard time (which i thought was nice of them). Then 10 days later i get the email! guess the universe said it was time to join the collective or dare i sayfranlective...

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@jugganuts said:
    funny enough i was unhappy with anynode even told them to cancel my easter deal cuz it was so bad.. but they insisted i stay, offered me a vm on a different node that worked well and bumped up my storage space for the hard time (which i thought was nice of them). Then 10 days later i get the email! guess the universe said it was time to join the collective or dare i sayfranlective...

Hope to see you move on over :) Enjoy all the trimmings.

Francisco

• RouteIXRouteIX Member

just curious, i have a sub-user on my account with anynode, which I used to grab him a VM. with the change etc, can we just push it to an account in his name directly (if he passes fraud checks that is) rather than myself subbed off to him. or will it need to stay in my account when moving it to Frantech?

@RouteIX said:
    just curious, i have a sub-user on my account with anynode, which I used to grab him a VM. with the change etc, can we just push it to an account in his name directly (if he passes fraud checks that is) rather than myself subbed off to him. or will it need to stay in my account when moving it to Frantech?

No problemo.

Karen's being pretty easy going on account details from anynode. Their records seem pretty good (they actually talked to Karen a long time ago for feedback on what to look for) so it should be just fine.

Francisco

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Since Hostodo seems to be associated with anynode, Is it also going to merge with buyvm? @Hassan

• @niceboy said:
    Since Hostodo seems to be associated with anynode, Is it also going to merge with buyvm? @Hassan

there is answer in this thread

@niceboy said:

No.

Hostodo is only a colocation customer of Anynode.

Hostodo has their own IP addresses, own hardware, etc.

Far as I've heard from Hass he's working on his own ASN soon too.

This is only anynodes' VPS offerings that are being migrated. Not their hardware, IP's, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • Thanks to this migration, I can one'up @yoursunny's old signature.

I have a 2GB BuyVM slice for $15 a year with DA included. Jealous?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Just curious: has everyone with a VPS at anyNode already received the email in question? (I haven't yet.)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: has everyone with a VPS at anyNode already received the email in question? (I haven't yet.)

Yes, a bit later after this Thread was posted.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

Hmm, okay: perhaps they're sending the email in batches. (I've also looked in the client panel, and the email isn't there. Nor is it in my spam folder.)

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

Hmm, okay: perhaps they're sending the email in batches. (I've also looked in the client panel, and the email isn't there. Nor is it in my spam folder.)

Likely, your package is to cheap, so you won't get notified in the hopes that you just let it expire. Who knows.

This hole transfer is to transparent, its unbelievable.
    There must be a scam hidden somewhere.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited May 2021

@Neoon said:

@brueggus said:

@Neoon said:

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Neoon said:

I mean, this is running way too smooth...

New servers were provisioned in not even 40 minutes.

I want one