Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@brueggus said:

@Neoon said:

I mean, this is running way too smooth...

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FAT32 said:
    I want one

The 512MB / 8$ or the 2GB / 15$ one?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: has everyone with a VPS at anyNode already received the email in question? (I haven't yet.)

Yes, a bit later after this Thread was posted.

Hmm, okay: perhaps they're sending the email in batches. (I've also looked in the client panel, and the email isn't there. Nor is it in my spam folder.)

Likely, your package is to cheap, so you won't get notified in the hopes that you just let it expire. Who knows.

I have the famous $15 deal. Yeah, maybe it's too cheap and they don't want to transfer it! :)

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: has everyone with a VPS at anyNode already received the email in question? (I haven't yet.)

Hmm, okay: perhaps they're sending the email in batches. (I've also looked in the client panel, and the email isn't there. Nor is it in my spam folder.)

Likely, your package is to cheap, so you won't get notified in the hopes that you just let it expire. Who knows.

I have the famous $15 deal. Yeah, maybe it's too cheap and they don't want to transfer it! :)

Could be random instead of price related, so less obvious.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited May 2021

@brueggus said:
    The 512MB / 8$ or the 2GB / 15$ one?

Anything as long as cheaper than the one listed on BuyVM site :joy: (For the same or better specs)

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Yep I just colo with AN, Hostodo is not going anywhere :).

The IP changes are to return some ranges to AN for them to be able to lease them out with their VPS services getting moved. I have my own ARIN allocations now, I've just been renting those older ranges from AN to avoid having to put clients through IP changes. We are only planning on returning that 1 range in the short term. Long term more AN ranges will be returned, but we will give clients advance notice in order to get configurations changed and DNS pointed

Me and AN were actually working on the Dahlia panel together in the beginning, I was handling the UI with AN handling the backend. Unfortunately the backend roadblocks ended the project. I'm in the early stages of working on my own solution though, i'll be excited to share once I have something to show.

Thanks for the kind words @Francisco, Miami coming soon 🌴😎

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@angstrom said:

It landed in my 'promotions' inbox in gmail about 20 mins before I posted, not sure if maybe it's hiding in a spam folder or something for you?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2021

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

I think we might have been sending too many emails at once and SES was being a hater.

These emails will be sent once a week to all active users up until the August date.

You can go ahead and ticket and we will get you going ASAP. It's business hours now so Karen is back at it :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1angstrom

@Francisco said:

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

I think we might have been sending too many emails at once and SES was being a hater.

These emails will be sent once a week to all active users up until the August date.

Yes, I suspect that there may be others as well who didn't receive the email, so if you send the email more than once, this would be great. :) (A little redundancy in this respect wouldn't hurt.)

You can go ahead and ticket and we will get you going ASAP. It's business hours now so Karen is back at it :)

Karen must have her hands full with all of the transfer requests!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@drunkendog said:
    Thanks to this migration, I can one'up @yoursunny's old signature.

I have a 2GB BuyVM slice for $15 a year with DA included. Jealous?

Not my signature, since I don't use DirectAdmin.
    I also don't want to be on the dirty fibers next to Tor exits.

@angstrom said:

If someone names the first born after you, can the baby have your account?
    It wouldn't violate no-transfer rules because the persons' names are the same.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@Francisco said: We'll have Miami for BuyVM shortly if you can hold on a bit

Does that mean that customers using anycast will have to grab a Miami VPS?

Any plans to expand outside the USA? Maybe somewhere in APAC?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Daniel15 said: Any plans to expand outside the USA?

Fran has already settled down on the other side of the pond in a tiny country in the middle of Europe. ;)
    However nothing in Asia yet (though connectivity from Vegas shouldn't be bad).

See https://buyvm.net/features/#locations

@Daniel15 said:

@Francisco said: We'll have Miami for BuyVM shortly if you can hold on a bit

Does that mean that customers using anycast will have to grab a Miami VPS?

Any plans to expand outside the USA? Maybe somewhere in APAC?

Yes, Anycast customers must ultimately get Miami if they don't want a brown out. Doing 'partial locations' isn't going to end well since people will just abuse it to get a free extra IP.

APAC would be cool, not sure where. We'll see what the tides bring.

@angstrom said: Yes, I suspect that there may be others as well who didn't receive the email, so if you send the email more than once, this would be great. (A little redundancy in this respect wouldn't hurt.)

Yep, that's why we'll send it once a week. When we sunset OpenVZ we sent an email every 2 weeks and every time we did we got people claiming it was the first time they'd heard of this all.

@angstrom said: Karen must have her hands full with all of the transfer requests!

Absolutely. She's on shift slamming through it.

Pretty sure i'll be making a DC trip shortly to get some more gear spun up, just waiting on an amazon delivery.

Francisco

@yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:

If someone names the first born after you, can the baby have your account?
    It wouldn't violate no-transfer rules because the persons' names are the same.

Only on LET could one imagine such a thing! :)

My only regret now is that I didn't buy two of the famous $15 deal. :) (Or one of the famous $15 deal and one of the famous $30 deal. :) )

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@angstrom said: My only regret now is that I didn't buy two of the famous $15 deal. :) (Or one of the famous $15 deal and one of the famous $30 deal. :) )

Last month I had an option to upgrade a $15 deal to a $30 deal and did not take them up on it because of poor service. Kicking myself a little now, but still real happy about this.

Thanked by 2Francisco angstrom
  • GOBBLESGOBBLES Member

Solid takeover!

@FrankZ said:

@angstrom said: My only regret now is that I didn't buy two of the famous $15 deal. :) (Or one of the famous $15 deal and one of the famous $30 deal. :) )

Last month I had an option to upgrade a $15 deal to a $30 deal and did not take them up on it because of poor service. Kicking myself a little now, but still real happy about this.

Hope Karen got you sorted :)

@snt said:
    Solid takeover!

We hope so! We are doing everything we can to accommodate, even the openvz resellers. The resellers are hard given the IP needs though.

Francisco

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@Francisco said: Yes, Anycast customers must ultimately get Miami if they don't want a brown out

Thanks, that makes sense.

If you add even more locations in the future, do you think you'll offer a bundle discount for customers that have services in all locations?
    Either that or a slight discount for long-term customers - next year will mark 10 years of me using BuyVM and I don't think I've ever seen promotional pricing other than the slight discount for annual billing that you used to have :)

@Daniel15 said:

@Francisco said: Yes, Anycast customers must ultimately get Miami if they don't want a brown out

Thanks, that makes sense.

If you add even more locations in the future, do you think you'll offer a bundle discount for customers that have services in all locations?
    Either that or a slight discount for long-term customers - next year will mark 10 years of me using BuyVM and I don't think I've ever seen promotional pricing other than the slight discount for annual billing that you used to have :)

We'll see. I talked to Karen about bringing back the annual discount and I got a big "meh" outta her :P

Francisco

• I like anynode and buyvm
    Well done.

I will miss you karen.

Thanked by 1dosai

@nightcat said:
    I like anynode and buyvm
    Well done.

I will miss you karen.

...?

Karen works for buyvm ... :P She's still there.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We'll see. I talked to Karen about bringing back the annual discount and I got a big "meh" outta her :P

Francisco

You should at least reduce by what you save on paypal fee for long term. Personally, if monthly and annual is the same price, I go monthly and the only winner here is paypal.

• @Francisco said:

@nightcat said:
    I like anynode and buyvm
    Well done.

I will miss you karen.

...?

Francisco

I was mistaken. I thought Karen is staff of anynode.
    I was anynode and buyvm user.
    I had a good experience with both of them.
    and thank you Francisco

Thanked by 1Hernandez

@nightcat said:

@Francisco said:

@nightcat said:
    I like anynode and buyvm
    Well done.

I will miss you karen.

...?

Francisco

I was mistaken. I thought Karen is staff of anynode.
    I was anynode and buyvm user.
    I had a good experience with both of them.
    and thank you Francisco

:)

No worries.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

I'm chugging through tickets getting peoples resources set. Karen's off until the morning so any new requests will wait until then.

Still, making great progress on this. This email, with some adjustments, will be sent again on Monday since it seems many people didn't get it (SES blocking?)

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: I talked to Karen about bringing back the annual discount and I got a big "meh" outta her

Thanked by 2FrankZ MannDude
  • JasonMJasonM Member

@angstrom said: Just curious: has everyone with a VPS at anyNode already received the email in question? (I haven't yet.)

no.

@raindog308 said:

@Francisco said: I talked to Karen about bringing back the annual discount and I got a big "meh" outta her

Jesus H Christ boss, have I not mentioned the shoes?!

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • kzedkzed Member

dang.. i wish i could upgrade my 512m plan to 2gb one.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • The reason I keep one anynode VPS is I'm not sure my old accounts still need that IP to verify something.
    Now IP gone, I think it's time to forget all old accounts.

@kzed said:
    dang.. i wish i could upgrade my 512m plan to 2gb one.

Well, they tried, my invoice was 15$ but then someone figured.