Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

134689106

Comments

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep

    @servarica_hani said:
    I am having hard time understanding the numbers in the financial statement

    does it says that his company total income in 2020 was just 36,323$ USD ?

    there is no way this number is correct

    @servarica_hani said:
    I am having hard time understanding the numbers in the financial statement

    does it says that his company total income in 2020 was just 36,323$ USD ?

    there is no way this number is correct

    Lots of crypto that likely isnt on the books?

    Given his target market and such he should have a good bit in hand.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 1Lee
  • DPDP Member, Moderator, The Domain Guy

    @servarica_hani said:
    I am having hard time understanding the numbers in the financial statement

    does it says that his company total income in 2020 was just 36,323$ USD ?

    there is no way this number is correct

    Never mind those numbers - any deals for these innocent souls? :D

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    @thedp said:

    @servarica_hani said:
    I am having hard time understanding the numbers in the financial statement

    does it says that his company total income in 2020 was just 36,323$ USD ?

    there is no way this number is correct

    Never mind those numbers - any deals for these innocent souls? :D

    innocent what? The people knew and took the risk.

    Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

    @thedp said:

    @servarica_hani said:
    I am having hard time understanding the numbers in the financial statement

    does it says that his company total income in 2020 was just 36,323$ USD ?

    there is no way this number is correct

    Never mind those numbers - any deals for these innocent souls? :D

    Having hard time getting disks same price as before (chia effect)
    Tried to wait for the prices to go down but it kept increasing

    yesterday I finally paid for first shipment (40% increase than what we usually get them) and will get few more shipments soon then we may open our stocks and have new offers

    Thanked by 1DP
  • DPDP Member, Moderator, The Domain Guy

    @Neoon said:

    @thedp said:

    @servarica_hani said:
    I am having hard time understanding the numbers in the financial statement

    does it says that his company total income in 2020 was just 36,323$ USD ?

    there is no way this number is correct

    Never mind those numbers - any deals for these innocent souls? :D

    innocent what? The people knew and took the risk.

    Well someone's gotta play victim :joy:

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

    Re "@cociu belly up" etc.: Based on a usually good source it seems that my guess was right and HostSolutions does really have a (presumably major) problem with one or more storage nodes in one of their locations. My source also told me that the reason for cociu not communicating here is that all hands, incl. his own, are focused on getting the storage system/node(s) up again.
    Frankly, I don't think that is smart because at least 1 person should communicate with the world/customers, provide ETA estimates, etc., but then he at least isn't incommunicado due to ill will but due to good intentions albeit not implementing it in the best way.

    Re: publicly available numbers (profit, etc.) my take is to just forget those; they may provide a realistic image of a company but usually they do not (e.g. "tax optimization") and something like "oh gosh, only 20k$ revenue/profit/whatever" may indicate problems - but it may also indicate smart tax and other financial structures.

    TL;DR HostSolutions is not dead but just "ill" (and recovering as best they can).

  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

    @jsg said:
    Re "@cociu belly up" etc.: Based on a usually good source it seems that my guess was right and HostSolutions does really have a (presumably major) problem with one or more storage nodes in one of their locations. My source also told me that the reason for cociu not communicating here is that all hands, incl. his own, are focused on getting the storage system/node(s) up again.
    Frankly, I don't think that is smart because at least 1 person should communicate with the world/customers, provide ETA estimates, etc., but then he at least isn't incommunicado due to ill will but due to good intentions albeit not implementing it in the best way.

    Re: publicly available numbers (profit, etc.) my take is to just forget those; they may provide a realistic image of a company but usually they do not (e.g. "tax optimization") and something like "oh gosh, only 20k$ revenue/profit/whatever" may indicate problems - but it may also indicate smart tax and other financial structures.

    TL;DR HostSolutions is not dead but just "ill" (and recovering as best they can).

    Maybe those as well mix up turnover with profit.

    Who knows. I don't trust such.

  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

    @jsg said:
    Frankly, I don't think that is smart because at least 1 person should communicate with the world/customers, provide ETA estimates, etc., but then he at least isn't incommunicado due to ill will but due to good intentions albeit not implementing it in the best way.

    I suppose this could be a feasible explanation as he has two/three employees listed in the OP so if one is off, could be the case. Especially with how the government in RO has been handling covid, not unrealistic to have unexpected absences (I heard the concerns of a friend who is from Romania). But, he could fire an email to @MikePT who could relay at least something to the customers to indicate it's less serious than it looks/will get fixed.

    Doesn't look good to me. I feel for the guy, always good banter.

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    @jsg said: all hands, incl. his own, are focused on getting the storage system/node(s) up again.

    Another epic fsck.

  • If it was a fsck, he would have plenty of time to write here. He say a lot of time he is not a tech guys, so how he can justify to no even write two lines heres is just confirming the worst.

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

    @raindog308 said:

    @jsg said: all hands, incl. his own, are focused on getting the storage system/node(s) up again.

    Another epic fsck.

    • grin * maybe. Sorry, I have no further details, but I tend to agree with this

    @ben47955 said:
    If it was a fsck, he would have plenty of time to write here.

  • seriesnseriesn Top Host, Host Rep

    All it takes is “Guys, we are working on this. I will update you with more details soon. But we got flooded/caught fire/dog ate the server”.

    Can be typed while taking a dump. Just saying.

  • debaserdebaser Member

    @jackb said:

    @jsg said:
    Frankly, I don't think that is smart because at least 1 person should communicate with the world/customers, provide ETA estimates, etc., but then he at least isn't incommunicado due to ill will but due to good intentions albeit not implementing it in the best way.

    I suppose this could be a feasible explanation as he has two/three employees listed in the OP so if one is off, could be the case. Especially with how the government in RO has been handling covid, not unrealistic to have unexpected absences (I heard the concerns of a friend who is from Romania). But, he could fire an email to @MikePT who could relay at least something to the customers to indicate it's less serious than it looks/will get fixed.

    While I believe that there’s just an outage, I can’t understand why he wouldn’t have asked Mike to do that. Also, @cociu always tells us he’s not the technical guy. So he could do it himself anyway.

    Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • ^ Perhaps too busy answering the 'phone(s)?
    /s

  • JorboxJorbox Member

    lowendtalk : why hostsolutions servers down for days ?
    cociu:
    lowendtalk : understandable have a nice day.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    @seriesn said:
    All it takes is “Guys, we are working on this. I will update you with more details soon. But we got flooded/caught fire/dog ate the server”.

    I don't recall him doing that, ever. There has been times where a portion of his servers had gone town for weeks and he said not a thing.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    An anonymous source says that cociu is downgrading every storage server to RAID0, so that he can use the spare hard drives to set up world's largest CHIA plotting & farming operation, along with the Ryzens he promised last month.
    HostSolutions so far has contributed 2500PB of storage into the CHIA blockchain, and this number is still growing rapidly.
    He hasn't spoken out so far because he's busy in an attempt of 51% attack on the blockchain.
    When he succeeds, he'll have enough money to pay for all the sisters as well as the triple credits he offered in past few years.

  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

    Has anyone tried calling just to see if someone at HS exists? :joy:

    There's a phone number here:
    https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/ro.scparfumuri.html

  • jarjar Patron Provider

    @seriesn said:
    All it takes is “Guys, we are working on this. I will update you with more details soon. But we got flooded/caught fire/dog ate the server”.

    Can be typed while taking a dump. Just saying.

    Though admittedly letting threads like this lead themselves without intervention is way more fun. I’d be tempted to do it too.

    Thanked by 1lentro
  • defaultdefault Member

  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider

    @FrankZ said:
    @MikePT - I think stateing that you are still working there is enough to let people know that HS has not deadpooled. I would not expect you to say anything else in respect to your employer. Thank you.

    Yeah I am paid monthly, all good so far!

  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider

    @jackb said:

    @jsg said:
    Frankly, I don't think that is smart because at least 1 person should communicate with the world/customers, provide ETA estimates, etc., but then he at least isn't incommunicado due to ill will but due to good intentions albeit not implementing it in the best way.

    I suppose this could be a feasible explanation as he has two/three employees listed in the OP so if one is off, could be the case. Especially with how the government in RO has been handling covid, not unrealistic to have unexpected absences (I heard the concerns of a friend who is from Romania). But, he could fire an email to @MikePT who could relay at least something to the customers to indicate it's less serious than it looks/will get fixed.

    Doesn't look good to me. I feel for the guy, always good banter.

    @debaser said:

    @jackb said:

    @jsg said:
    Frankly, I don't think that is smart because at least 1 person should communicate with the world/customers, provide ETA estimates, etc., but then he at least isn't incommunicado due to ill will but due to good intentions albeit not implementing it in the best way.

    I suppose this could be a feasible explanation as he has two/three employees listed in the OP so if one is off, could be the case. Especially with how the government in RO has been handling covid, not unrealistic to have unexpected absences (I heard the concerns of a friend who is from Romania). But, he could fire an email to @MikePT who could relay at least something to the customers to indicate it's less serious than it looks/will get fixed.

    While I believe that there’s just an outage, I can’t understand why he wouldn’t have asked Mike to do that. Also, @cociu always tells us he’s not the technical guy. So he could do it himself anyway.

    I don't know what's going on with the nodes that are down. I haven't even replied to the tickets as I don't know the exact reason, so I do not want to misinform. It's related to storage issues, Marius and the rest of the tech team are on it.
    This is all I know sadly!

    Thanked by 2titus bdl
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

    @Marcooo said: True but its better to comminucate to the customers right? how many time does it cost to make a news article about the downtime.

    Of course. But his customers have signed up despite his track record. There has been numerous threads like this previously. From an outside observers perspective outages like this for this show are nothing new.

  • ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited May 2021

    @MikePT said: I don't know what's going on with the nodes that are down. I haven't even replied to the tickets as I don't know the exact reason, so I do not want to misinform. It's related to storage issues, Marius and the rest of the tech team are on it.
    This is all I know sadly!

    I will take take as a confirmation of chia theory.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    chia be damned.

    Thanked by 1Shakib
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

    Hmm.

  • defaultdefault Member
    edited May 2021

    @deank said:
    chia be damned.

    Here! Have some Chia chips. They're healthy with a taste of crypto and a grain of salt.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Sue the vegans!

    Thanked by 1webcraft
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

    mods are sleep post chia mining storage requests

This discussion has been closed.