Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 118
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @ben47955 said:
    Looking to get away a 833 deal, pm me.

Specs?

• 6GB RAM
    6CPU
    35GB Disk
    3TB transfer
    1IP
    renewal is 33.33
    windows seem to be available
    @imok

• @ben47955 said:
    6GB RAM
    6CPU
    35GB Disk
    3TB transfer
    1IP
    renewal is 33.33
    windows seem to be available
    @imok

Would you run @MasonR benchmark script? https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

• OK the sales ends and I had setup all machines I bought(except one still not functioning), if you like to know what I bought, here's a list:

Price CPU Memory Disk Bandwidth Location Description
    $1 1x 100MB 1GB 1GB BUFFALO, NY 1361 - 1111111 Deal Might Not Work
    $3.90 1x 192MB 7GB 500GB BUFFALO, NY 1530 - $3.9 Meal
    $3.99 1x 128MB 5GB 250GB ATLANTA, GA 1374 - Tiny Encore
    $4.99 1x 256MB 10GB 500GB BUFFALO, NY 1519 - Tiny
    $5 1x 512MB 15GB 1TB PISCATAWAY, NY 1523 - Neat Deal
    $6.50 1x 896MB 15GB 1TB BUFFALO, NY 1522 - More Buffalo
    $7 1x 512MB 20GB 500GB BUFFALO, NY 1367 - Encore
    $7.68 1x 768MB 15GB 500GB LOS ANGELES, CA 1371 - Encore
    $8 1x 1GB 20GB 500GB DALLAS, TX 1312
    $8.95 2x 1GB 15GB 500GB BUFFALO, NY 864 - 3GHZ + 10 GIGABIT
    $12 1x 1G 25GB 1TB SAN JOSE, CA 1531 - San Jose Two Ips
    $13 1x 1.5GB 25GB 1TB SAN JOSE, CA 1336
    $15 1x 1.5GB 25GB 3TB BUFFALO, NY 1434 - 10 GIGABIT + Extra IP
    $27.20 1x 6016MB 30GB 3.5TB PISCATAWAY, NJ 1194
    $33.14 2x 4480MB 60GB 3TB LOS ANGELES, CA 1220
    $33.33 6x 6144MB 35GB 3TB BUFFALO, NY 1525 - Encore of the 833
    $42.38 4x 7296MB 30GB 5.5TB ATLANTA, GA 1236

Last year deals I renewed:

• $24 in buffalo
    • 2 Pro+ in San Jose and phoenix
    • a low end in phoenix

Totally, I had spent about $300 on this. Well I bought too much :(

Some fun facts:
    1. It's difficult for me to choose one as best deals, but I do regret buying tiny things, especially $1-installing debian 7 makes 300MB bandwidth gone, several tiny deals pops up some warnings about not enough buffer or something. I you do want regular usage, pay few more dollars to get a better one.
    2. I checked all their nodes and they are different at all. Seems like random.
    3. Speaking of phoenix, did you notice there's no phoenix deals at all? Wondering why.

@smallbibi here you are

• @JabJab said:

king8654 said: Ha fuck MAE
    Just cancelled

But there is -80% recurring promo for that if you find the hidden easter egg ;)

any clue?

• dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2019

Sharing some experience about $1 machines:

After taking it I can't reinstall any os from SolusVM panel. After requesting reinstallation it still fail booting. I must manually mount iso to install.

Not every iso works, debian 8 fails here.

Alpine fails.

FreeBSD works.

Finally I got debian 7 installed using netboot.xyz. Entering install wizard will prompt you "Low Memory Mode".

Here's a benchmark of it, didn't wait until network benchmark finish because I don't want to waste bandwidth.

Doing theses things used about 300MB bandwidth, yeah it's 30%. :neutral:

Now I just shut it down, one day I will install Windows 98 on it. :lol:

• That is beautiful.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @dTQzBen8 said:

After taking it I can't reinstall any os from SolusVM panel. After requesting reinstallation it still fail booting. I must manually mount iso to install.

You sure that all debian template fail ? It should work

• @ben47955 said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

You sure that all debian template fail ? It should work

Can't tell because I heard some others(not $1) also encounter this. But I did try.

• alvaroalvaro Member
    edited December 2019

@DeepBoom007 said:

@JabJab said:

Just cancelled

any clue?

It is a mysterious coupon, already try to find, but I was not able :neutral:

• @alvaro said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

@JabJab said:

Just cancelled

any clue?

There's a 90% off reoccurring one for SSD512 aswell

Thanked by 2uptime FAT32
  • What and where are these mysterious coupon codes?!

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    3. Speaking of phoenix, did you notice there's no phoenix deals at all? Wondering why.

No CC datacenter...

• I'm waiting for xiyan shitweasel deal still.

Thanked by 2uptime FrankZ
  • Jake4 said: There's a 90% off reoccurring one for SSD512 aswell

In this thread? No way. Best I could find was 80%.

• Chronic said: Best I could find was 80%.

No even in this thread.

• @king8654 said:

@TimboJones said:

@king8654 said:
    Ha fuck MAE

Just cancelled. @virmach requested refund, take pity on my fast clicking illness

That was a joke, right? You couldn't possibly have missed the bazillion notices of "no refunds"? It's shit like this that ruins deals for the rest of us.

Lol whatta dick. It was a monthly plan that I accidentally ordered in my haste. Do you not read?

Edit : If you followed what I said instead of jumping all over me, it was in response to my ssd8g that virmach posted for Easter egg. I missed that small portion and ordered at full price, realized my errors thanks to fellow poster and canceled

Thanks for the explanation. That's much better.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    I would suggest not to share the coupon codes to maintain the fun :)

@seraphkz said:
    What and where are these mysterious coupon codes?!

@seraphkz

What the mystery codes are: "easter eggs" (something as a challenge to hunt for, to reward interest and engagement - but not simply given away as a typical sale incentive)

Where the codes are: hidden as clues in comments in this thread, and also possibly even in the thread from the 2018 flash sale (which is still seeing much ongoing commentary, over a year after it started!)

I think these easter egg discounts are not meant for everyone - some people enjoy the puzzle challenge (just as some people enjoy the flash sale madness, even with the captchas and 502s - it is a bit crazy, but that may be human nature)

So maybe just relax and decide if this is a game you really want to spend precious time playing. If so - great! Read these threads carefully and you might find some clues - @FAT32 does give good hints sometimes but it is really not easy. (Personally, I found mostly just that I don't have much patience for this game!)

Finding a good VPS service is often enough of a challenge I think :) So please enjoy your VirMach service, take good care of it - and then everyone's a winner!

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited December 2019

@TimboJones said:

@king8654 said:

@TimboJones said:

@king8654 said:
    Ha fuck MAE

Just cancelled. @virmach requested refund, take pity on my fast clicking illness

That was a joke, right? You couldn't possibly have missed the bazillion notices of "no refunds"? It's shit like this that ruins deals for the rest of us.

Lol whatta dick. It was a monthly plan that I accidentally ordered in my haste. Do you not read?

Edit : If you followed what I said instead of jumping all over me, it was in response to my ssd8g that virmach posted for Easter egg. I missed that small portion and ordered at full price, realized my errors thanks to fellow poster and canceled

Thanks for the explanation. That's much better.

ya my other 12 virmach boxes are special idlers, wouldn't ever request anything for them lol

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

Is that 90% off SSD512 still valid? I've found a ton of eggs but some say they've already been used and I'd rather not keep wasting my time if it's already gone.

• @Chronic said:
    Is that 90% off SSD512 still valid? I've found a ton of eggs but some say they've already been used and I'd rather not keep wasting my time if it's already gone.

Only @VirMach knows which ones are still out there at this point.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donli said: Only @VirMach knows which ones are still out there at this point.

Surely the people who already found it know if it's still available?

• @Chronic said:

donli said: Only @VirMach knows which ones are still out there at this point.

Surely the people who already found it know if it's still available?

You don't necessarily know if a coupon you use will be "still available" and valid for future uses.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

donli said: You don't necessarily know if a coupon you use will be "still available" and valid for future uses.

You can just stick it in the cart and see what happens, no? And alternatively, someone who used it recently can speak up - they might've been the last one to get it, but it's better than nothing.

• @Chronic said:

donli said: You don't necessarily know if a coupon you use will be "still available" and valid for future uses.

You can just stick it in the cart and see what happens, no? And alternatively, someone who used it recently can speak up.

Some coupons may be once per use and some may be once per person. @Fat32 can shed some light on that perhaps.

• TOTALS
    PRICE: 25763.33
    CPU: 1913
    RAM: 2540189
    HDD: 24506

DEALS: 850

AVG DEAL COST: 30.31 (2.53 p/m)
    AVG DEAL CPU: 2.25
    AVG DEAL RAM: 2,988.46
    AVG DEAL HDD: 28.83
    AVG DEAL BW: 2,272.94

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2019

@donli said:
    Some coupons may be once per use and some may be once per person. Fat32 can shed some light on that perhaps.

IIrc all coupons can only be used once per person, but there are multiple uses (for different users) for each of them.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @FAT32 said:

@donli said:
    Some coupons may be once per use and some may be once per person. Fat32 can shed some light on that perhaps.

IIrc all coupons can only be used once per person, but there are multiple uses (for different users) for each of them.

Just a guess, but I believe Virmach's billing site does tell you it's a valid coupon code, just tells you that it's one per person or something like that.

I mean, just use another browser or incognito/private browsing and check if the coupon's still good at this moment.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Chronic
  • @Jake4 said:

@alvaro said:

@DeepBoom007 said:

@JabJab said:

Just cancelled

any clue?

There's a 90% off reoccurring one for SSD512 aswell

and the search was on

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2019

wow I bought 9 VPS's, i have no idea what I'm going to do with at least half of them.

==============================================

Only one that's Monthly and not VirMach

$10.00 /per mo

• 4GB RAM
    • 1024MB Swap
    • 4x vCPU
    • 200GB HDD space
    • 100TB transfer
    • 1 Gbps uplink
    • 1x IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • OpenVZ/SolusVM