Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox: New Offers Guidelines
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox: New Offers Guidelines

We're opening up the ability for more companies to offer services on LowEndBox. Here are the new pricing guidelines:

For Unmanaged VPS (OpenVZ, KVM, other) Services:

$10.00 per month and under.

For Shared Hosting Services:

$2.50 per month and under.

For Reseller Hosting Services:

$5.00 per month and under.

For VPN (Virtual Private Network) Services:

$7.00 per month and under.

For Domains:

Common TLDs (.com, .net, etc) must be less then $6.00 per year. Specialty TLDs must be less then $10 per year.

For Managed VPS and Application Hosting (E-Commerce, Magento, WordPress) Hosting:

$30.00 per month and under.

Unmanaged Dedicated Servers:

$50 per month and under.

Managed Dedicated Servers:

$150.00 per month and under.

Thanked by 4Nick Tom jar kazishaheb

Comments

• This is cool. Any eventual changes coming to LET offers as well?

• BradBrad Member

What about yearly pricing? No need to be discounted, correct?

• jhjh Member

SysAdmin said: Managed Dedicated Servers:

$150.00

"That's more than some people make in a year!"

• NekkiNekki Veteran

THIS IS A FUCKING DISASTER

Thanked by 3vedran mpkossen lbft
  • WHTWHT Member

How could be shared hosting $10 and reseller hosting $2,50?

• @WHT said: How could be shared hosting $10 and reseller hosting $2,50?

Read it again.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • Now we will get the same shitty offers as before. Just a bit more expensive... ;-)

• @WHT said:
    How could be shared hosting $10 and reseller hosting $2,50?

For Shared Hosting Services:
    $2.50 per month and under.

For Reseller Hosting Services:
    $5.00 per month and under.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • WHTWHT Member

Got it. Am on mobile and i readed it like that.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Anything is worth a try. I don't think LEB can lose traffic right now. The visitors that are still visiting, they're not easily lost. The visitors that are already gone... Well they won't come back without something changing.

Whether or not it's the right change, well, that's what experiments are for :)

• Can we limit the shit options; IE everything but the VPSes to no more than 2 a week

• Nooo crap now none of the $7 posts actually make sense dangit

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited August 2016

SysAdmin said: Specialty TLDs must be less than $10 per year.

This is sometimes simply impossible, or the vendor will lose money :P

(Edit: fixed your typo)

• Can we just remove all limits? LEB is becoming yet another hosting blog, 8(!) years ago when it started, we hardly had any VPS or dedicated providers which could meet the price range, and now with the increased prices, shared hosting, domains, used car sales and penis enlargement offers, what's the point in keeping any price limits?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm OK with this if we can also have offers for hookers and hooker disposal services.

• Times have changed, we've got to make changes here to appeal to a wider audience.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SysAdmin said: Times have changed, we've got to make changes here to appeal to a wider audience.

Why?

Thanked by 1Adduc
  • @Nekki said:

SysAdmin said: Times have changed, we've got to make changes here to appeal to a wider audience.

Why?

What do you mean why?

I've just made a post about hiring content writers. If anyone is interested please message me.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SysAdmin said: What do you mean why?

I mean why do you need to appeal to a wider audience. To what end. What do you hope to ultimately achieve.

Share your vision with us, O benevolent one.

Thanked by 1Adduc
  • @Nekki said:

I mean why do you need to appeal to a wider audience. To what end. What do you hope to ultimately achieve.

The reality is that as times change so does peoples wants and desires. They aren't going to come to the site if we keep doing what we were doing 8 years ago. Since we're technology focused, 8 years ago is a completely different world then it is today.

I want the community to thrive and be successful, and for the site to be a positive resource for people. I think that's what everyone wants?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2016

SysAdmin said: I think that's what everyone wants?

I think you've misjudged your current audience. But with any luck, you'll get an entirely new one.

@SysAdmin said:

@Nekki said:

The reality is that as times change so does peoples wants and desires. They aren't going to come to the site if we keep doing what we were doing 8 years ago. Since we're technology focused, 8 years ago is a completely different world then it is today.

I want the community to thrive and be successful, and for the site to be a positive resource for people. I think that's what everyone wants?

There's no way for the site(s) to be successful for colocrossing long term but to keep visitors returning for more. Any motivation for improvement is a positive thing, it has to be the same impact either way.

This is a good thing.

• @Nekki said:

SysAdmin said: I think that's what everyone wants?

I think you've misjudged your current audience. But with any luck, you'll get an entirely new one.

I think that's the goal. I think everyone's guilty pleasure of the site today is the drama and BS that goes on. That's fine and I don't expect it to go away, but lets get some more people in here and cater to what more people want.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: I think you've misjudged your current audience.

Indeed, write all the offers in Chinese, that will please 90% of the traffic.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SysAdmin said: I think that's the goal. I think everyone's guilty pleasure of the site today is the drama and BS that goes on. That's fine and I don't expect it to go away, but lets get some more people in here and cater to what more people want.

I'm not convinced that today's lunacy, derailing and drama are compatible with making LET a 'positive resource'.

If that's the ultimate aim, maybe it's time to tell all the nutters that it's time to start to behave or fuck off?

@Lee said:

Nekki said: I think you've misjudged your current audience.

Indeed, write all the offers in Chinese, that will please 90% of the traffic.

You're not kidding. Bypassing the GFW is almost the market.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Hire a Chinese writer to translate all the posts, watch ad revenue goes sky high.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

jarland said: Bypassing the GFW is almost the market.

Get yo'self some o dat Akamai China CDN product.

• @Nekki said:

SysAdmin said: I think that's the goal. I think everyone's guilty pleasure of the site today is the drama and BS that goes on. That's fine and I don't expect it to go away, but lets get some more people in here and cater to what more people want.

I'm not convinced that today's lunacy, derailing and drama are compatible with making LET a 'positive resource'.

If that's the ultimate aim, maybe it's time to tell all the nutters that it's time to start to behave or fuck off?

"positive resource" can also mean a source of laughter. Trust me, over the years I've had my fair shares of laughs over here.