Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadix is down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadix is down?

I have a server with them. It has been not ping reachable for a few hours, and seems their website is also down now. Is it a problem specific to my server or their network is indeed down?

Comments

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

Yes, network wide, was being discussed at the end of this thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/65534/got-a-quadix-server-for-sale-interested#latest

• WTH is happening?! Are all providers closing?

• @Issam2204 said:
    WTH is happening?! Are all providers closing?

I wish it's just a network outage. I was trying to call them, but one answer.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah they've been up and down like a yoyo the last few weeks.

• Bring on the dedi refugee deals... (hopefully without verification, I haven't given money to these guys since my miserable experience with VolumeDrive)

• Nothin new here.

• Finally they answered the phone call, saying ETA is 20 minutes.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@elgs, this is the QuadIX thing. They like being down. Did you get an extremely rushed call "Hi, yes I know the servers are down. They will be back soon" click

• @hawc, that's exactly what the phone call was like.

@elgs prepare tho, if you complain a lot like I did, they will lock you out from DRAC and wipe your server. Do some backups (if you aren't already)

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

Moral of the story is you pay cheap pricing. this is what happens :)

I can happily say I have not experienced a network outage for way over a year now.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @hawc said:
    elgs prepare tho, if you complain a lot like I did, they will lock you out from DRAC and wipe your server. Do some backups (if you aren't already)

What!!?? They wiped your server?

@elgs yep. They did that. Locked me out and wiped it. I tried asking for the disks and they said that "they had been used". Feel free if you want to PM me.

• @hawc said:
    elgs yep. They did that. Locked me out and wiped it. I tried asking for the disks and they said that "they had been used". Feel free if you want to PM me.

That's scary!

• Interesting thing is that I never received any email from them, have you guys?

Also, @elgs - when you p!ss them off - they will become harder to get a response from. I went from 15min responses to upwards of 12 hour responses

• Quadix is the new Burst or Volumedrive?

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Quadix is the new Burst or Volumedrive?

QuadIX is Volumedrive - they are the same bunch of scum. Not sure about "Burst" tho.

@VolumeDrive - care to come and respond to your customers?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@hawc said:

Burst was scum also... been scammed by them on several occasions...

They knew the ship was sinking fast so they sold out Full Cabinets at pricing that was unrealistic. they knew it was happening but continued to sell at low pricing to try and cover their debt. but failed miserably.

It would not surprise me if hostwinds ends up the exact same way. Sean was the worse of them all.

Yup. Their network was "meh" and singlehomed

So far nothing has changed and it's getting rediculous.... They communicate nothing to their customers unless you call them over and over and now I'm about to loose some business....

• Same here, after a lot of calls, they took the phone and told me same, "we know we're down, will be up in 20 minutes". They said this about 40 mins ago.

• Is this their LA or PA facility thats down?

@MarkTurner this is PA

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • hawc said: this is PA

Sounds like we need a refugee offer ;)

@MarkTurner OOOOOOOH! Go on

@MarkTurner you definitely do, but their pricing is retarded low. Dual L5630 for like $30 a month.

• agoldenberg said: Dual L5630 for like $30 a month.

Funnily enough, we have a LOAD of L5630's coming back from a customer who is moving to E3's.

hawc said: OOOOOOOH! Go on

But what spec and what price? Give me something to work with and I'll get a package in place.

Thanked by 2netomx vimalware