Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadix is down? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadix is down?

Comments

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Well you are responsible for network and power... So you should be covering with SLA credits... I don't see why mentioning that you were covering this specific incident with SLA credits was required? It should of been a fact.

Not all unmanaged hosting providers offer SLA credits. We are just stating the fact that we guarantee our power, network, infrastructure, etc.. and if there is an outage, we stand behind it.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Do you have a NYC location now?

Our facility is in Wilkes-Barre, PA and we have direct transit and peering to NYC.

• But why do you offer servers in NYC? Peering is not exactly the same as being there

• @volumedrive said:
    Not all unmanaged hosting providers offer SLA credits. We are just stating the fact that we guarantee our power, network, infrastructure, etc.. and if there is an outage, we stand behind it.

Most providers would give SLA credits if there was a network issue or a power issue. You aren't doing anything special. I am surprised anyone still hosts with you after the shit that happend last month. Where you changed a users iDRAC password and wiped all their data from their server - The only good that came of it was a refund.

• @inthecloudblog Just the primary Wilkes-Barre, PA data center.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@volumedrive you guys mentioned service credits on the last outage too but I never received any such credits on my services.

You guys need to communicate with your customers and let them know what's up. If you were aware of the issue this morning you should have let us all know.

• @agoldenberg,

We were answering all support lines, explaining exactly what was going on and had all hands-on working out the issue. Once everything was resolved, we issued a formal RFO. In the wake of this, we are also going to be launching a network status page that will include any know issues even as small as standard maintenance schedules.

If you are pending an SLA, please let us know and we'll most certainly make sure its added to your account.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I am missing an SLA from the last RFO you sent out as well as this one. Either way I ate the loss and migrated away.

• @agoldenberg said:
    I am missing an SLA from the last RFO you sent out as well as this one. Either way I ate the loss and migrated away.

Best decision you could of made.

• @MarkTurner said:

I might reconsider Delimiter again depending on how long it takes to get these, could you PM me pricing on both one unit/quarter cab? Thanks!

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Can people please just say if they are interested in a refugee offer from @MarkTurner ?

Please just put in this thread

"I'm In"

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Dual E5420, 16GB, 120GB SSD, GE port 5TB $30/month - does that work? Or need higher specs?

Do you have anything with a 120GB SSD 8GB ram GE port and some quad core <=20USD?

• Setsura said: Do you have anything with a 120GB SSD 8GB ram GE port and some quad core <=20USD?

Can you stretch that to $25?

Thanked by 1hawc
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited October 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Can you stretch that to $25?

I was especially looking for something like this within the us: http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

Is it just the SSD part that causes a higher minimum? Because 25 for what I listed vs 30 for what I quoted is kinda interesting when you compare the other parts. I'd rather get the 30USD one I quoted if what I listed isn't reasonably doable around 20USD or lower.

• @Setsura - this is the breakdown:

Dual E5420, 8GB, 500GB Disk $20/month

Upgrade to 16GB $5/month

Upgrade to 120GB SSD $5/month

Thanked by 1vimalware
    Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • hawc said: Can people please just say if they are interested in a refugee offer from @MarkTurner ?

Working on this from our side, we have 238 of these L5630 units, looks like we need to replace the RAM and add a disk (they are all network book).

So in principle the pricing can be done, we just need enough expressions of interest to get it approved.

• Sorry to be a party pooper...
    I am surely not the king of decency, but is it really stylish to advertise own offers in a thread about a competitor having technical issues? Wouldn't a new thread be more appropriate? Tar and feather me if I'm wrong. Have had a long day at the office...

• @Amitz said:
    Sorry to be a party pooper...
    I am surely not the king of decency, but is it really stylish to advertise own offers in a thread about a competitor having technical issues? Wouldn't a new thread be more appropriate? Tar and feather me if I'm wrong. Have had a long day at the office...

1Password did the same thing in LastPass's threads about being acquired. Happens all the timetime, and in this case, I can't think of any provider worse than QuadIX.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

QuadIX is awful and needs to die/be put out of its poor misery

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • hawc said: QuadIX is awful and needs to die/be put out of its poor misery

Looks like we have the basis for a refugee package. But it may have 24GB rather than 32GB but instead of 1TB disk it will include 2TB.

Does that work for everyone?

• @MarkTurner said:

What would be the price for this ? Month to month ...

• FredQc said: What would be the price for this ? Month to month ...

The spec I am proposing is:

HP Dual L5630

24GB RAM

2TB Disk

Gigabit

Dedicated ILO inc Virtual Media

$40/month (paid month-to-month)

Thanked by 2FredQc evilghaleon
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Shilling by @MarkTurner by getting other people to post that here, not new.... i'm not even surprised. (Yes, i obviously have proof for that, he did send some interesting PMs to others).

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited October 2015

William said: getting other people to post that here

Post what here?

Please post this 'proof' here, I have absolutely nothing to hide and I am sure people would love to see how I am 'shilling'.

I have already flagged your message and asked the admins to review my PMs.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015
  • LOL - 404 Error - thats only proof you can't upload a file

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Already fixed. And you are an idiot - this even runs my own upload script, my own mac app, my own webserver, the issue was how the file was provided by my source (filename).

• @William This was my message to the admins when I flagged your posting:

Please feel free to go through my PMs and confirm publicly that the only person I asked to post on here was user @hawc and that was in the context of:

>

'If you want to help me push this potential offer then we maybe able to get enough interest that I can get this approved tomorrow morning.'

In context, this was his PM which also included supporting copies of tickets, invoices etc:

No shilling, just someone explaining how sick they are of QuadIX, providing evidence of how sick of them they are and asking whether they could be included on any refugee deal.

To which I responded:

I am sure we can sort it out. First step is to see whether there will be one. There have been a few people wanting it but right now there is not enough interest to get our management's attention.

>

If you want to help me push this potential offer then we maybe able to get enough interest that I can get this approved tomorrow morning.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited October 2015

William said: Already fixed. And you are an idiot - this even runs my own upload script, my own mac app, my own webserver, the issue was how the file was provided by my source (filename).

Irrelevant, you were posting an image link and didn't work. Irrespective of whether you or Steve Jobs wrote it, it failed.