Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadix is down? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadix is down?

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    So they include a /29 with the server from what I understand.

true that.

Anyway, negative reviews about quadix makes me hold my finger to click purchase button on them. If delimiter can provide this, i would easily put my finger on my mouse's left click twice. Order and pay. My dual E5420 still going stong with no downtime. :)

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@MarkTurner said:

Their x5650, if you could get a similar price I would 100% switch with 0 doubts.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited October 2015

entrailz said: x5650

The X5650 is going to be more difficult /unless/ there is volume. We have limited stocks of them, I think 2-3 racks of them and most are already rented for $200+.

The L5630 has a higher chance of success because we have a customer migrating off them at the moment. We'll need to change out the RAM and disks but other than that those units are precabled, powered and ready to go.

This was a Geekbench for X5650:
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2988479

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Long time lurker here. After reading up this morning, I'm also pondering a switch -- only been with them since June, but have had a couple downtimes, this one was the most egregious. I don't like that there's no public communication anywhere that I can find.

I have a Dual L5630, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD for only $37.95. I don't need quite that beefy, but I desperately want to stick to SSD, and I just want a reasonably timely response on my super rare support requests. Anyone know where I can get a <= $40/mo SSD + 16GB RAM server in the US?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@MarkTurner not to mention QuadIX uses consumer grade SSDs so I could see the price being a bit different for SSD servers. They use Kingston SSDs

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @agoldenberg - Thanks for the headsup, I heard it was Kingston, some old OCZ Deneva (?) SATA2 stuff as well.

A little different to whats on their order form:

To get the cost down on the SSD based servers we'd have to go Samsung Evo or low-end Intel. Better than Kingston but still not 'Enterprise grade'

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner when I told you I was with them you said you could not meet their pricing and so on...
    Maybe a few bucks more would be fine also.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • nilobject said: Anyone know where I can get a <= $40/mo SSD + 16GB RAM server in the US?

How big SSD do you need?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@MarkTurner With the server in your sig, what other bandwidth is available? Do you do unmetered 100meg?

• @MarkTurner said:
    To get the cost down on the SSD based servers we'd have to go Samsung Evo or low-end Intel. Better than Kingston but still not 'Enterprise grade'

I can confirm that I was sold an Enterprise SSD Hard Drive, and have a Kingston model:

• inthecloudblog said: when I told you I was with them you said you could not meet their pricing and so on... Maybe a few bucks more would be fine also.

If we can move a few hundred servers then the dynamics change. Our business is about bulk, selling a handful of servers doesn't excite our management.

If I can go in there and say we have 100 units and this is the cost study, they'll probably bite at the chance.

The thing about L5630 is we have the servers in stock, racks, cabled and already online. We'd have to factor some tech time to strip the RAM, the 10GE card and replace the disks as well as some configuration work to separate the servers into separate VLANs (the previous user had a large compute cluster).

How many of these systems do you have a QuadIX?

• hawc said: With the server in your sig, what other bandwidth is available? Do you do unmetered 100meg?

I'll need to check, can you PM me your email address and I'll find out. I don't think Delimiter has done this on anything other than some E3's and i3/i5s.

• @MarkTurner said:
    How big SSD do you need?

Honestly I'm only currently using 17GB of my 240GB, but I'd probably say I'd like 120ish to stay safe for future demands I might have.

• I'd need a single sata drive .500-1TB

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Hey mark,

Yeah I have the x5650 with them at the moment, I can imagine its really hard to get a similar price to them. I'd be willing to downgrade to the slightly worse CPU for a better network and better communication.

• nilobject said: Honestly I'm only currently using 17GB of my 240GB, but I'd probably say I'd like 120ish to stay safe for future demands I might have.

Dual E5420, 16GB, 120GB SSD, GE port 5TB $30/month - does that work? Or need higher specs?

Thanked by 1nilobject
  • inthecloudblog said: I'd need a single sata drive .500-1TB

How many units do you need?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Dual E5420, 16GB, 120GB SSD, GE port 5TB $30/month - does that work? Or need higher specs?

Sounds great to me. I'll PM you my email address.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • bersybersy Member
    edited October 2015

entrailz said: Their x5650, if you could get a similar price I would 100% switch with 0 doubts.

"dedicated" X5650 core generates much more profit ;) http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1323257/#Comment_1323257

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:
    Uhhhhhmmm! There are few other options than OVH :)

anything like the X5150, >=8GB RAM, >=500GB HDD and <$20/m :P

• bersy said: "dedicated" X5650 core generates much more profit ;)

This is going to be the problem getting any 'deals' done on those units. We fill them up as fast as they come online with these VPS.

netomx said: anything like the X5150, >=8GB RAM, >=500GB HDD and <$20/m :P

If you're prepared to change that to <=$20/month then yes :)

• We've sent out the RFO officially this morning, but we'll post it here as well;

RFO:

Hello All,

The reason for outage this morning was a series of events; starting at 3:30 AM ETD a bad chassis issue caused an aggregate router that handles a large portion of our network to fail. This is setup in a redundant chassis configuration. However, the fail-over did not take place as it should have. We were aware of the situation right away and went to work diagnosing the problem. This took a little longer than expected and then we proceeded with a full scale chassis swap. If anyone is experiencing any lingering issues, please open a support ticket and we have staff fully alert and ready to assist with any problems that may still exist. As of two hours ago, all services were fully restored.

We've launched a full scale investigation into this outage to insure that a scenario like this in the future does not happen. At the present time, we've replaced the faulty router with brand new stand-by units and have checked and tested full scale redundancy is in place.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @Jar said:

The volume drive guys are super nice and friendly, I'd have a beer with them any day. I would never trust them to run the network for something production again (Catalyst ran on them in 2011).

Not the case at all. All of our core routing is handled by Juniper MX series routers and have invested hundreds of thousands into our infrastructure. This was just an unfortunate issue this morning with an aggregate router and redundancy didn't take over as should. We've isolated the issue and fixed what caused this problem so it never happens in the future.

• I saw a man saying on WHT that all of his 4 quadix servers were power cycled yesterday so there was some power outage too.

• @Sady said:
    I saw a man saying on WHT that all of his 4 quadix servers were power cycled yesterday so there was some power outage too.

Would not surprise me. Recently I've heard a lot of negativity about them.

This is how I see it:

Hardware - great. No issues really.

Network - okay, not the greatest.

Support - Ehh... Hit or miss

Uptime - Awful

I've heard some great things but mostly negative recently...

• @MarkTurner said:
    How many units do you need?

Will have to pm you . The only thing is that payment must be either paypal or cc.

• inthecloudblog said: The only thing is that payment must be either paypal or cc.

Paypal, CC, Bitcoin, Skrill, Alipay, CashU, Bank Transfer, Amazon Payments, Dwolla, Interac, etc. As long as it clears its all good!

• @Sady said:
    I saw a man saying on WHT that all of his 4 quadix servers were power cycled yesterday so there was some power outage too.

This was a router issue and everything has been 100% resolved and redundancy tested to insure stability. Just to show how much we stand behind this, we are also covering this with SLA credits.

• Do you have a NYC location now?

• @volumedrive said:
    This was a router issue and everything has been 100% resolved and redundancy tested to insure stability. Just to show how much we stand behind this, we are also covering this with SLA credits.

Well you are responsible for network and power... So you should be covering with SLA credits... I don't see why mentioning that you were covering this specific incident with SLA credits was required? It should of been a fact.