Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode SuperDeals! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode SuperDeals!

Comments

• @VortexMagnus

Hi,
    Where did you say your company is incorporated/registered? Any documents online?

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Thanks. @Harambe and RIP

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • @Hxxx but vortexnode is still listed as active in Ohio with the registered agent Josh Combs and an apartment for an address. JoshCombs.com says he is former owner (of course he uses a digital ocean server and not a site on the servers of the company he founded). So I am presuming Linovus is perhaps in need of processing some paperwork?

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @VortexMagnus want to join the conversation?

@OhMyMy said:
    @Hxxx but vortexnode is still listed as active in Ohio with the registered agent Josh Combs and an apartment for an address. JoshCombs.com says he is former owner (of course he uses a digital ocean server and not a site on the servers of the company he founded). So I am presuming Linovus is perhaps in need of processing some paperwork?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2016

@OhMyMy said:
    @Hxxx but vortexnode is still listed as active in Ohio with the registered agent Josh Combs and an apartment for an address. JoshCombs.com says he is former owner (of course he uses a digital ocean server and not a site on the servers of the company he founded). So I am presuming Linovus is perhaps in need of processing some paperwork?

LinkedIn suggests Josh is still with VortexNode. His profile suspiciously became more private after I viewed it yesterday, and also another person was listed as working there that was removed between yesterday and today as well.

Why do I even care about this... it's not Joshua Prout, next. Who cares if you can find oddities. Everything looks odd if you stare at it long enough. There's no evidence of a scam here, nothing entirely shady IMO (just some arguably too good to be true deals). Papers aren't always up to date for small businesses, fact of life.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2016

jarland said: Why do I even care about this... it's not Joshua Prout, next. Who cares if you can find oddities. Everything looks odd if you stare at it long enough. There's no evidence of a scam here, nothing entirely shady IMO. Papers aren't always up to date for small businesses, fact of life.

They mentioned they're not a small company, though...

Any test IP for their Dedicated Servers in any location?

Why isn't their Dedicated Server Management Panel ssl forced?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

MrGeneral said: They mentioned they're not a small company, though...

I see. Well that seems plausible:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/10062839

I don't consider 13 employees very small. I mean it's not huge, but there are sizable operations running with less people. Most don't go around faking linkedin profiles, it's just an extra effort most people that try to lie about their company size don't bother with very often.

Thanked by 2deadbeef MikePT
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited December 2016

@MrGeneral said:

If we're going to go anal, why is anyone managing servers not using EFF's https everywhere extension but relies on the host having SSL configured right instead?

Wait, I know. You purposefully disabled it this time to check.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @MrGeneral said:

jarland said: Why do I even care about this... it's not Joshua Prout, next. Who cares if you can find oddities. Everything looks odd if you stare at it long enough. There's no evidence of a scam here, nothing entirely shady IMO. Papers aren't always up to date for small businesses, fact of life.

They mentioned they're not a small company, though...

Any test IP for their Dedicated Servers in any location?

I wonder what would've happened if you did get that Atom ... Hypocrisy overload.

Thanked by 3deadbeef Junkless Kris
  • I just want my cheap KVM. What's the turnaround time?

• @VortexMagnus are you affiliated with NodeWest ?

Thanked by 1_Nic
  • I got 2 of the kvm's they set them up within 24 hours

• @thharris said:
    I got 2 of the kvm's they set them up within 24 hours

I just ordered the one to play with, and I think it's been around 14 hours. I figured something this low end would be completely automated for a PP payment.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Can't wait for @VortexMagnus to open up their Canadian location! Been told coming late Jan early Feb.

They're a Canadian company too. Their HQ is in Mississauga! Love it!

• @agoldenberg said:
    Can't wait for @VortexMagnus to open up their Canadian location! Been told coming late Jan early Feb.

I thought they were UK based since the last promo was set at GMT

• @thharris said:

It's fair game- they both have a queen.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

@thharris said:

It's fair game- they both have a queen.

Same queen actually, last I checked

Thanked by 2deadbeef WSS
  • @Harambe said:
    Same queen actually, last I checked

Sssssssh.. I don't waste geographical/political jokes every day.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@adamjones0143 said:
    Vortex is a virtual machine management tool.

Thanks Adam!

• @thharris said:

@agoldenberg said:

@VortexMagnus is from the UK I think; the combination of a comment about 'having to ask my boss in Canada' and the use of the phrase 'Wind your neck in' suggests as much.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Their head office is in Canada however they do have smaller offices around the world.

• They're a Canadian company too. Their HQ is in Mississauga! Love it!

Mississauga great place!

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Hi,

Which location are you hosted in?

We reserve IPMI for our internal use usually but are happy to provide user access to clients too for dedicated servers.

Thanks.

Good to know. I put in a request for this yesterday. Hopefully, you can accommodate.

• VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited December 2016

Heads up, last two from this batch in stock:

VNDX815 - Dallas - E3-1240v2 / 32GB RAM / 2 x 1TB SATA

VNLA077 - Los Angeles - E3-1240v2 / 32GB RAM / 1TB SATA

Will put another $5/mo off these two as they have to go before tomorrow batch is released. Coupon: MMLETSS5OFF

• @VortexMagnus said:
    Heads up, last two from this batch in stock:

VNDX815 - Dallas - E3-1240v2 / 32GB RAM / 2 x 1TB SATA

VNLA077 - Los Angeles - E3-1240v2 / 32GB RAM / 1TB SATA

Will put another $5/mo off these two as they have to go before tomorrow batch is released. Coupon: MMLETSS5OFF

Let it similar to pricing of Virmach of $30/month and you will clean your stock.

• @mtsbatalha , well i dont like this. mate just because a company made a huge offer doesnt mean others should do the same or lower to post offers. its already a good deal

• @mrdarki said:
    @mtsbatalha , well i dont like this. mate just because a company made a huge offer doesnt mean others should do the same or lower to post offers. its already a good deal

The life is a competition my dear.

• @mrdarki said:
    @mtsbatalha , well i dont like this. mate just because a company made a huge offer doesnt mean others should do the same or lower to post offers. its already a good deal

Yeah, we can't and won't be able to drop these to $30/ mo. As much as I like giving you all a good deal here too, it's just not possible.

• @VortexMagnus said:

@mrdarki said:

Yeah, we can't and won't be able to drop these to $30/ mo. As much as I like giving you all a good deal here too, it's just not possible.

Okay, thanks!