Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode SuperDeals! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode SuperDeals!

Comments

• Nice offer,but I'm later,more are Out of Stock.

• Yea im hoping one of the cheaper la ones comes back in stock.

• I'm always looking for providers to test, assess, and torment mercilessly. What can you give me for a cheapish 256/512M/10GB/500GB (heck, even 250GB) KVM? I want me some NetBSD and/or DragonFly.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • "We live while we can sustain recurrent payment for our atoms..."

• I am going to be blunt, been a customer for a few hour already; regret the decision.

• Why what happend?

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@cheapwebdev said:
    I am going to be blunt, been a customer for a few hour already; regret the decision.

Could you provide move information? A couple of hours doesn't seem long enough for something to go horridly wrong.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited December 2016

Well, they say they've been in business since 2013.

I got one of their $5/month Atom D525 dedis on Cyber Monday (which is abysmally slow, of course, but I was expecting that).
    So far, their support has been very friendly and helpful. Their automated provisioning tool didn't set up my server's network link correctly, but they fixed that within a few hours.
    No regrets here. :)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • LayerLayer Member
    edited December 2016

I also client for a few hours and regret that did'nt purchase black friday deals

• @trewq said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    I am going to be blunt, been a customer for a few hour already; regret the decision.

Could you provide move information? A couple of hours doesn't seem long enough for something to go horridly wrong.

Here's a list...
    1. Host argues that no IPs are on blacklist.. sent them a screenshot. But it seems they changed the IP... and the new one is on the same blacklists as the other one.
    2. They close the tickets with no response.. even void the feedback email (even though I wouldn't have done it anyways). Retaining customers is about appropriate levels of communication. I was sitting there waiting.. got bored and went to explore and noticed the tickets were closed. rolling eyes
    3. Their entire billing and solusvm panel take 10-20 seconds to load between pages. It has been like this since I first found them (yesterday). Assumed it was traffic but no one gets this kind of traffic at their level, 24/7.
    4. Welcome email was missing the solusvm link. Asked in live chat and they told me to submit a ticket and wait for a reply (wtf). So here I am holding my dick in my hands, waiting for a reply.

There are a few more things.. but I am tired of typing, not sure they've "earned it".

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

cheapwebdev said: IPs are on blacklist

Which RBLs? Just curious. I tend to think of myself as an expert on which RBLs are important and which ones are not.

Thanked by 2trewq deadbeef
  • VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited December 2016

@cheapwebdev said:
    Here's a list...
    1. Host argues that no IPs are on blacklist.. sent them a screenshot. But it seems they changed the IP... and the new one is on the same blacklists as the other one.
    2. They close the tickets with no response.. even void the feedback email (even though I wouldn't have done it anyways). Retaining customers is about appropriate levels of communication. I was sitting there waiting.. got bored and went to explore and noticed the tickets were closed. rolling eyes
    3. Their entire billing and solusvm panel take 10-20 seconds to load between pages. It has been like this since I first found them (yesterday). Assumed it was traffic but no one gets this kind of traffic at their level, 24/7.
    4. Welcome email was missing the solusvm link. Asked in live chat and they told me to submit a ticket and wait for a reply (wtf). So here I am holding my dick in my hands, waiting for a reply.

There are a few more things.. but I am tired of typing, not sure they've "earned it".

Hi,

Do you have any ticket ID's? None of our VPS IP's are part of blacklists and we have monitoring in place for them. We are aware of some bl'd dedicated server IP's, but these have now been taken out of circulation until we can clean them up.

Our website has been taking a battering. We've gone from a small 400-600 uniques per day to around 5-6k per day in the past week. We're also the subject of intermittent DDoS attacks against our main website at the moment which we are blocking, which may be causing some delays with loading pages.

Live Chat is not a means of support. We provide it as a Level 1 facility, but opening a ticket should always be the primary method of contacting a support engineer.

I'm sorry that you haven't been satisfied this time and we'd have no issues with offering you a refund.

Thanked by 1alown
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

VortexMagnus said: NONE of our VPS IP's are part of blacklists

To be fair there's probably one or two blacklists out there that list you, or any other IP on the internet. You know, the ones no one uses or cares about. Inevitably, mxtoolbox always likes to list one or two of those useless ones that no one uses to try to upsell whatever it is they sell.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @jarland said:

VortexMagnus said: NONE of our VPS IP's are part of blacklists

To be fair there's probably one or two blacklists out there that list you, or any other IP on the internet. You know, the ones no one uses or cares about. Inevitably, mxtoolbox always likes to list one or two of those useless ones that no one uses to try to upsell whatever it is they sell.

Hey,

I'm aware of certain RBL's out there that are listing IP's for the giggles. But even doing spot checks on mxtoolbox, which we do, none are flagging up.

Again, if I'm proven wrong, we'll take any affected IP out of circulation. But any IP assigned to our offers from Black Friday to today were checked prior to going in to use.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited December 2016

@VortexMagnus said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    Here's a list...

Hi,

Do you have any ticket ID's? None of our VPS IP's are part of blacklists and we have monitoring in place for them. We are aware of some bl'd dedicated server IP's, but these have now been taken out of circulation until we can clean them up.

Our website has been taking a battering. We've gone from a small 400-600 uniques per day to around 5-6k per day in the past week. We're also the subject of intermittent DDoS attacks against our main website at the moment which we are blocking, which may be causing some delays with loading pages.

Live Chat is not a means of support. We provide it as a Level 1 facility, but opening a ticket should always be the primary method of contacting a support engineer.

I'm sorry that you haven't been satisfied this time and we'd have no issues with offering you a refund.

I might keep it.. not sure yet. I will definitely keep it if I see Ubuntu 16 show up as an install option. What are you doing to handle the ddos on your website? You offer it as a service for your dedicated servers as well.

• @cheapwebdev said:
    What are you doing to handle the ddos on your website? You offer it as a service for your dedicated servers as well.

Hi,

We intentionally host our website off-network and since the overloading issues around CyberMonday, we have upgraded this too.

We've increased our capacity and protection, it seems to be doing the trick. But it's still leading to some lost packets.

• @VortexMagnus May I ask the test ip/file of San Jose? thanks.

• @VortexMagnus said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    What are you doing to handle the ddos on your website? You offer it as a service for your dedicated servers as well.

Hi,

We intentionally host our website off-network and since the overloading issues around CyberMonday, we have upgraded this too.

We've increased our capacity and protection, it seems to be doing the trick. But it's still leading to some lost packets.

Smart decision. Now all we can do is hope its true. People seem to be happy so it must be :)

• @cheapwebdev said:
    I will definitely keep it if I see Ubuntu 16 show up as an install option.

I just used the 14.04 and do-release-upgrade'd it to 16.04. Make sure to rename eth0 to ens3 in the interface definition file before you reboot.

• @pechspilz said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    I will definitely keep it if I see Ubuntu 16 show up as an install option.

I just used the 14.04 and do-release-upgrade'd it to 16.04. Make sure to rename eth0 to ens3 in the interface definition file before you reboot.

you mean file /etc/network/interfaces ?

• does the three locations of this superdeal are all use ColoCrossing?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2016

Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I just decided to sign up for a "Christmas Special" KVM. Any reason why annual billing is showing up as 130 days from now? I'm sure dumbtarded this morning.

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • @VortexMagnus

I keep wondering ..
    Why do not you innovate in communication?
    It would be as positive as a real instagram or a channel on youtube where you communicate with us, as well as helping prospect new clients.

We understand that the postages and investments, purchases and transactions involved that gives us the idea of solid ..

But even if it takes years for this to be won, visual communication, as well as "nicks" or images from the shutterstock will certainly calm the mood, bring more people who today look with suspicion and still be a huge differential to other players.

Who is Magnus?
    Who is the team that always greets us so fast?
    Who is the Manager?

How are you and what is the daily life in the office?

This will surely tell us much more than what is being said.
    What we see today is a structure being set up and just that.

Like I said, it's just a daydream of mine.
    An idea and just that.
    =)

Thanked by 2VortexMagnus ucxo
  • @VortexMagnus do you have FreeBSD 11.0 available for your KVM VPSes? are there any specials going on with your VPSes? Thank you :-)

• rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited December 2016

Really didn't need a new dedicated server but bit the bullet yesterday anyway.

Not off to the greatest start, unfortunately. The server was provisioned in about 24 hours but SSH is not connectable and the IPs they gave are unreachable. Logging into the client portal and clicking on either "Power Management" or "IPMI" under the server tab both 404 (page not found) errors, so I can't even reboot the machine.

Opened a ticket. I guess we can see how good support is on a Sunday.

EDIT: support replied in about 30 minutes and server is online, so pretty good weekend response time.

• @rpollestad said:
    Logging into the client portal and clicking on either "Power Management" or "IPMI" under the server tab both 404 (page not found) errors, so I can't even reboot the machine.

I think management is under http://uks.linovus.hosting/

• @imok said:

From the welcome email, that is for UK customers/servers. I asked support what URL I should use and they replied "We are currently working on our dashboard integrations." so I don't think there are power management options available right now. (It would appear that you can get IPMI if you request it, though.)

• @rpollestad said:

@imok said:

From the welcome email, that is for UK customers/servers. I asked support what URL I should use and they replied "We are currently working on our dashboard integrations." so I don't think there are power management options available right now. (It would appear that you can get IPMI if you request it, though.)

Hi,

Which location are you hosted in?

We reserve IPMI for our internal use usually but are happy to provide user access to clients too for dedicated servers.

Thanks.

• mik997mik997 Member
    edited December 2016

@cheapwebdev said:

I purchased the Xmas special VPS on Friday and am well happy with it - clean IP, fast CPU and disk io and good connectivity in NJ

here's my openvpn speedtest from west EU;

here's the VPS performance benchmark;

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 2400.084 MHz
    Memory          : 489 MB
    Swap            : 1023 MB
    Uptime          : 1 day, 7:14,

OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.13.0-103-generic
    Hostname        : vortex.vxn

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 192.252.xx.xx

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        56.3MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          13.9MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       8.04MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       7.82MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       5.33MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       24.5MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3.97MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         3.89MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        15.9MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 214 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 209 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 221 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 214.667 MB/s

so thanks @VortexMagnus :) hope u guys stick around!

Thanked by 1ucxo