Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• For all the Australia/New Zealand customers it looks like they'll provide a migration path as well to the new website for that region once it releases

• Since the servers are located in Equinix SY1, I wonder how things like hard drive replacements, interventions, etc will be carried out.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@ethancedrik said:
    Since the servers are located in Equinix SY1, I wonder how things like hard drive replacements, interventions, etc will be carried out.

What would be different?

• MikeA said: What would be different?

I'm not sure if the staff would be on-site or not

@ethancedrik said:

MikeA said: What would be different?

I'm not sure if the staff would be on-site or not

Well they're hiring still there so I'm sure they will, or at least closely. But since all of the hardware is new I doubt it'd be anywhere near a problem compared to BHS or whatnot

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@ethancedrik said:
    Since the servers are located in Equinix SY1, I wonder how things like hard drive replacements, interventions, etc will be carried out.

Are you sure they are in SY1? I imagine they will do just like any other provider and either have staff onsite or use remote hands.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

trewq said: Are you sure they are in SY1? I imagine they will do just like any other provider and either have staff onsite or use remote hands.

we do know they are in an Equinix datacenter as confimed by oles and from the pictures he's posted many people identified the building as SY1, I went into google street view and put in the address of SY1 myself and it appears to match up, if it isn't SY1 it's SY4 as some people have mentioned they've seen OVH staff walking around there as well

• @ethancedrik said:

trewq said: Are you sure they are in SY1? I imagine they will do just like any other provider and either have staff

onsite or use remote hands.

we do know they are in an Equinix datacenter as confimed by oles and from the pictures he's posted many people identified the building as SY1, I went into google street view and put in the address of SY1 myself and it appears to match up

Sorta looks lik Sy4 tooo.

• Ip's are here!!

• Anti-DDoS and Firewall is now also enabled for WAW :D

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Hello IP's welcome yo your new home. Now, tine to earn your keep

edited February 2017
  • For those that were unsure, these are in SYD1, as confirmed in the control panel under location.

• I really hope they deliver mine soon but I'm just being impatient

edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    I really hope they deliver mine soon but I'm just being impatient

Yes, you are glad you won't have to wait 3 months like most of us did :)

• @MikeA said:

@ethancedrik said:
    I really hope they deliver mine soon but I'm just being impatient

Yes, you are glad you won't have to wait 3 months like most of us did :)

Was it only 3 months ? Felt like a lifetime. Guess I was too excited to finally have something priced decent for au/nz

I broke it

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@pbgben said:
    I broke it

Ordered too many IPs?

@trewq said:

@pbgben said:
    I broke it

Ordered too many IPs?

Only 32

But now it wont boot :/

Software diagnosis
    Date 2017-02-28 00:44:00, jared M made Software diagnosis:
    The server doesn't respond to ping requests and there is no information on the screen ("black screen"). Lanport lights are dark.

• sqamsqam said: Was it only 3 months ? Felt like a lifetime. Guess I was too excited to finally have something priced decent for au/nz

I feel like it was back in October or November of last year when they announced them

edited February 2017

pbgben said: Software diagnosis Date 2017-02-28 00:44:00, jared M made Software diagnosis: The server doesn't respond to ping requests and there is no information on the screen ("black screen"). Lanport lights are dark.

Maybe PSU issue? the little lights on the ethernet port usually stay lit even when a system is fully powered off (for things like WOL, etc)

• @pbgben said:

@trewq said:

@pbgben said:
    I broke it

Ordered too many IPs?

Only 32

But now it wont boot :/

Software diagnosis
    Date 2017-02-28 00:44:00, jared M made Software diagnosis:
    The server doesn't respond to ping requests and there is no information on the screen ("black screen"). Lanport lights are dark.

Obviously doing too many speed tests, burnt out the lan port

• so whats everyone doing with their servers? im using it as a host for some docker containers at the moment

• ConnorM said: It appears if you buy another /28 when already maxed out 16 IP's, it's gonna cost you 40 USD/m extra on top of your server.

Is it true that if you want more than 16 IPs you can order them you just need to pay an extra monthly fee for them?

@ethancedrik said:

pbgben said: Software diagnosis Date 2017-02-28 00:44:00, jared M made Software diagnosis: The server doesn't respond to ping requests and there is no information on the screen ("black screen"). Lanport lights are dark.

Maybe PSU issue? the little lights on the ethernet port usually stay lit even when a system is fully powered off (for things like WOL, etc)

I think its a power fault. Lets see if their DC techs are any good :P

• Just got an email from OVH

Hello,

At the end of December, we informed you that we were experiencing some challenges in deploying the new VAC infrastructure (the anti-DDoS system) in our Sydney and Singapore datacenters.

We are happy to announce that deployment of these servers has started and we anticipate all servers to be deployed by 1st March 2017.

Unfortunately due to resourcing problems within Sydney, we will be unable to offer any hardware support for the servers until such time as vacancies have been filled. We are hoping to have a full team ready by the end of April 2017.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for the confidence you place in us.

Regards,
    The OVH team

@Spazzly said:
    Just got an email from OVH

Hello,

At the end of December, we informed you that we were experiencing some challenges in deploying the new VAC infrastructure (the anti-DDoS system) in our Sydney and Singapore datacenters.

We are happy to announce that deployment of these servers has started and we anticipate all servers to be deployed by 1st March 2017.

Unfortunately due to resourcing problems within Sydney, we will be unable to offer any hardware support for the servers until such time as vacancies have been filled. We are hoping to have a full team ready by the end of April 2017.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for the confidence you place in us.

Regards,
    The OVH team

On 2017-02-28 17:37:04, we noticed a fault on your server and we have
    scheduled an intervention in order to fix this fault.

However, on 2017-02-28 02:20:08 our monitoring system did not detect any fault on
    your dedicated serve

Wooop,

Time travel too!

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

So in other words, if your HDD or CPU/RAM fails, theres nobody that can respond to it as they havent even hired tech guys yet lol.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:

ConnorM said: It appears if you buy another /28 when already maxed out 16 IP's, it's gonna cost you 40 USD/m extra on top of your server.

Is it true that if you want more than 16 IPs you can order them you just need to pay an extra monthly fee for them?

Yes, at least in Poland location. I'd imagine it will be same for Asia.