Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am really pissed off witgh Ease VPS service - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am really pissed off witgh Ease VPS service

Comments

• LukeTLukeT Member

I've pulled a few graphs from Observium + Uptime robot showing the uptime. I have to say its not the best. It appears to be an ongoing issue with small dc's like coventry :|

Past Week: http://s.xeonr.com/l3RI
    Past 48 Hours: http://s.xeonr.com/l3RO
    Past 24 Hours: http://s.xeonr.com/l3RW

Other graphs from Uptime Robot:
    http://s.xeonr.com/l3SS
    http://s.xeonr.com/l3SW

• What are you monitoring with those screen caps @LukeT? Is that an end VPS or upstream router or what? Certainly a bunch of blips from the graphs.

Again, I dumped one of the locations and providers being hit in the past several months for this.

Still hanging on with another provider, but concerned in general about the issues.

• LukeTLukeT Member

First lot are observium (Software). Which is on my dedicated server somewhere in the USA XD. For the basic online/offline it works fine

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: Extortion should be a reason for a ban.

Just that there wasn't any. From what I see @AnthonySmith annoyed by @LAKid acts made a trap and falsely reported @LAKid for blackmailing but LAKid didn't bite it. Not that I defend him however putting personal feelings aside that's how things technically are :)
    @AnthonySmith you've been naughty! :P

@AnthonySmith said: I was trying to find your motives, you wanted money and asked for it over and over again and said you would stop trolling if I paid you, I reported you to the mods for blackmailing me and nothing got done about it so I wanted to see if you would take a large amount (Not that you were ever going to get it) just to prove a point to the mods.

@AnthonySmith said: @LAKid deciding he does not want money any more and @Liam said his actions were fine (Sorry Liam I am sure that was not the case)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

So wait, lakid pays for service, does not get the service, decides to use his right to alert people about a provider, provider tries to tempt him to take money perhaps for some kind of twisted purpose and other providers defend this provider??? unbelievable..

• @LAKid A response would be nice!

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2013

@risharde said: So wait, lakid pays for service, does not get the service, decides to use his right to alert people about a provider, provider tries to tempt him to take money perhaps for some kind of twisted purpose and other providers defend this provider??? unbelievable..

How did you get that from what was previously posted? lakid claimed to have had no service, yet provided no details to @AnthonySmith to back that up.

I don't get why people are so quick to think a provider would want to shake a client down for a few quid, surely any twat can see it makes no sense to do that.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

just realized there was a comment by @BrandND about same person.

I revise and apologize about my previous comment.

• @goexodus said: As a customer of multiple VPS i can safely say you have absolute no respect to a legit customer and personally will never ever even consider be a customer of yours ...

LOL, so bitter and angry, get over yourself. You're so transparent you're most likely driving customers to Anthony. To me he seems like a decent operator, given the number of dickheads out there.

• @AnthonySmith said: I was trying to find your motives, you wanted money and asked for it over and over again and said you would stop trolling if I paid you, I reported you to the mods for blackmailing me and nothing got done about it so I wanted to see if you would take a large amount (Not that you were ever going to get it) just to prove a point to the mods

You shouldn't bother with the mods, you should go to the police.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Haha read things before posting a novel..

• JacobJacob Member

Hi, as a followup.
    We will be moving all UK VPS customers to our Kansas City Location, on our new SSD Cached servers.

Dedicated Server customers in the UK are not affected, we will be re-introducing our Coventry Location in Mid / Late April when another 10Gbe is added.

The attack is just too large to maintain at the moment.

• @Jacob Wing me am email buddy

@goexodus said: legit customer writing a civilized review

Tell's me not only did you miss the thread title but you read nothing in it either.

• Ouch @Jacob, another provider jumping out of the UK VPS market. KC is kinda high latency / distance from UK for folks who were interested in that market. Have you considered another facility in the UK or in another adjacent country in Europe?

The OP still needs addressed by the provider. Give the buyer a credit/refund/some relief @Jacob.

• @mihha, wondering if your server has been a DDoS magnet? Have you been told that/why you are experiencing the issue?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@Jacob said: we will be re-introducing our Coventry Location in Mid / Late April when another 10Gbe is added.

Are you serious? Won't this be the 2nd time you've been moved away from UK and think another 10Gbe link will fix the ddos?

The only way this is going to stop is if you buy DDoS Appliances like RioRey or find out whomever is doing it and take legal action against them.

• ^ what Patrick said.

More bandwidth means mo' problems.

Yes, DDoS appliance or mitigation firm at Coventry would be the recommended investment. Certainly would give Jacob a leg up on the competition.

• Are non-low-end hosts in the UK getting targeted too?

• melfymelfy Member

Let's create a list of all LEB providers in the UK and start taking bets on which/when the next gets hit

• I've been told @Damian that VPS providers in the UK are getting smacked by this.

No idea if it is just targeting the low end segment or all price range VPS providers. Know it is really hitting the LEB providers hard though since most seem unable to afford DDoS appliance or related services.

Attacks are heavily concentrated at Coventry facility and RapidSwitch. But some have alleged it's not just those facilities.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

We're the only ovz one here that I know of, and we're not technicially "leaving", our equipment is staying and we're still growing Coventry, just not for the Low end market untill Mid-Late april.

@pubcrawler said: Attacks are heavily concentrated at Coventry facility

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: I've been told @Damian that VPS providers in the UK are getting smacked by this.

@AnthonySmith hasn't had any problems, so i would say you need to be looking at OpenVZ/UK competition. Or more to the point, 2048MB+ LEB hosts :)

• I need to ping @AnthonySmith again. Take it Anthony isn't offering OpenVZ.

The other magnet point on the attacks is alleged to be OpenVZ providers. Thanks for bringing that clearly to conversation @Jacob.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@melfy said: Let's create a list of all LEB providers in the UK and start taking bets on which/when the next gets hit

Don't. There are plenty UK hosts without such issues. Putting them at some list wouldn't bring anything good for them...

Yep Xen here and IP's are not provided by rapidswitch so maybe that is why also.

• @LAKid Any news regarding this?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@BradND said: @LAKid Any news regarding this?

News regarding what? I follow this thread but can't figure out what you want to hear from him.

edit. overlooked

• My post on the first page.

• JacobJacob Member

So, how's things now @OP? Maybe we can have a positive resolution to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.