Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to hire support for MXroute - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to hire support for MXroute

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

Hire @Nekki, customer relations will increase ten fold

I know you're saying this because I come across as a barely sane sex-pest, but when it comes to business, I'm all business.

I'm pretty sure if I ever mentioned what I actually do for a living no-one would believe me.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarland said: Hourly, by ticket, I'm open to anything.

By the millisecond!

• @Nekki said:

>

I'm pretty sure if I ever mentioned what I actually do for a living no-one would believe me.

Not one of those "Can you spare a moment for our lord and savior....." people, I am hoping.

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2016

i think @Falzo is competent enough if he has the time and interest.i get 10% as a recruiter :P

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Nekki

Why wouldn't we believe you?

Your post in that Pugetservers offer might have been slightly different, but I'm sure we can accept whatever you say if you're serious about it...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You're pretty much just making my point for me.

Thanked by 1limited
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Good luck for the guy whoever gets hired.nice to see mxroute growing fast

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Nekki said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

I know you're saying this because I come across as a barely sane sex-pest, but when it comes to business, I'm all business.

Please say that the British Government haven't trusted you with things important...

• @ehab said:

thanks, really appreciate that ;-)

As I sell managed services, support is what I am used to do sometimes ;-)
    and indeed I do freelance jobs if applicable and while having my business registered etc. at least the billing part would be covered.

Yet I agree with @jarland that it may be hard to negotiate on a payment esp. with global competitors in mind. But I don't have a problem to speak openly about such things ^^

From my pov the best in that situation would be to try and negotiate on a weekly budget to make it somewhat planable for both sides. like @jarland offers to pay $150 per week, and expects the person working for him to do roughly 5-7 hours involving up to 50 tickets for that.

from that point the partnership may evolve or if it does not work out as expected it probably won't be a big loss on either side.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@jarland said:

@Maounique said:

jarland said: A background check and personal interview (video or in person) will both be required.

I am sure you did that just to exclude me :P

:P

Nah, just figure if I give anyone access to any level of customer data I owe it to all of them to be sure that I make good choices :)

Well, some people already have a (probably) much larger database to draw from, over 10k profiles, albeit only half active, and were not hired on the basis of an interview :P
    Ergo americans are more paranoid than italians. Or their psychologists are just fatcats which doze off while their many troubled customers spill their guts out. No wonder they are hacked socially engineered more often :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Junkless said:

Not one of those "Can you spare a moment for our lord and savior....." people, I am hoping.

Ha, no, not at all.

@hawc said:

Please say that the British Government haven't trusted you with things important...

Clearly, if that was the case I couldn't tell you anyway, but no, I'm not employed by the British Government.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

Maounique said: Ergo americans are more paranoid than italians. Or their psychologists are just fatcats which doze off while their many troubled customers spill their guts out. No wonder they are hacked socially engineered more often :D

No, it's a question of liability. It's called due diligence, not paranoia. If I am to trust someone with the information of my customers, I need at bare minimum to know that I can trust them. If they do not trust me with their identity and a meeting, I am going to assume that this means that they wish to escape legal liability for their actions (and possibly tax liabilities for their employment). Because that's what it means to me, I am legally liable and have no method of pursuing accountability should they violate my trust.

Should someone do something wrong and I have to tell my customers "I don't even know who this person is, but yeah I gave them access to your stuff"... I might as well pack it up and stop pretending to care about their safety, because I obviously don't.

Now, with that said, I trust you a bit more than just someone at the other end of a dice roll. But we've developed that over time, and it's not something I would say about just anyone.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2016

@jarland said:

No, it's a question of liability. It's called due diligence, not paranoia. If I am to trust someone with the information of my customers, I need at bare minimum to know that I can trust them.

It's due to this sort of attitude I trust MXRoute with my email.

• LeeLee Veteran

jarland said: No, it's a question of liability.

Oh leave him alone, this thread will convert to Russia, Nazis, OVH's racism towards Romanians or any multitude of things...

Thanked by 2jar raidz
  • @jarland said:
    I welcome any suggestions but I don't know where to begin market research on common pay for the low amount of hours that I'll be needing. Arrangements like this exist in many companies in this market space and few really talk about what they're paying or being paid. I'm trying to get a pulse of something that no one seems to talk about openly.

I understand. I mean, I doubt most companies are really looking to pay minimum wage or engage in any other extreme nonsense when they post one-sided job ads. I was just commenting on how such an ad is less attractive to more experienced candidates, because it demands more time and effort to find out all the facts.

I do want to be clear that my intent is to be as generous as I can pull off. I'm not looking to save money, of course also not looking to bankrupt the project :)

Then, really, what does it matter what anyone else is paying or has been paid for similar work? Your circumstances are unique, and only you know what a person can minimally or maximally be worth to you in the role being offered. It saves everyone a lot of bother when that kind of information is shared from the start.

Thanked by 2jar tszilassi
  • @Maounique said:
    Well, some people already have a (probably) much larger database to draw from, over 10k profiles, albeit only half active, and were not hired on the basis of an interview :P
    Ergo americans are more paranoid than italians. Or their psychologists are just fatcats which doze off while their many troubled customers spill their guts out. No wonder they are hacked socially engineered more often :D

"Italian work ethics" :D - that's like "GVH quality hosting".

• @Nekki said:

@jarland said:

No, it's a question of liability. It's called due diligence, not paranoia. If I am to trust someone with the information of my customers, I need at bare minimum to know that I can trust them.

It's due to this sort of attitude I trust MXRoute with my email.

+100 When I opened the thread I was like "_Shit, time to move to back gmail _" and by the end of his post I was like "_Nope, not going anywhere, gj @jarland _".

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Can I work sitted on a cactus, with a Mexican hat and tequila with a worm? I would expect less than min wage and payed with naranjas (oranges)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@netomx said:
    Can I work sitted on a cactus, with a Mexican hat and tequila with a worm? I would expect less than min wage and payed with naranjas (oranges)

Only if I have to pick you up in a truck on the south side of town and pay you cash.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

I may have an idea...

• MrGeneral said: I may have an idea...

No, you have not. I went through a comprehensive list of all goat breeders in Essex and he is not on it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

@Nekki said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

I may have an idea...

I suspect you're way off the mark, but do feel free to PM me with your guess.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2016

@Amitz said:

MrGeneral said: I may have an idea...

No, you have not. I went through a comprehensive list of all goat breeders in Essex and he is not on it.

Well there's the problem, you looked at the list of goat breeders instead of goat fuckers!

Thanked by 3Nekki Inglar AlexanderM
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited August 2016

@Microlinux said:

@Amitz said:

MrGeneral said: I may have an idea...

Well there's the problem, you looked at the list of goat breeders instead of goat fuckers!

breeder
    ˈbriːdə/Submit
    noun
    noun: breeder; plural noun: breeders

• a person who breeds animals or plants.

• an animal that breeds at a particular time or in a particular way.

• (among homosexuals) a heterosexual person.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@jarland Background check? Google is the leading, free search to find secret things people accidentally leak!

jks, I hope that you've found someone to help out over there! Glad to see that your business is succeeding =)

Thanked by 1jar
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Microlinux said: Well there's the problem, you looked at the list of goat breeders instead of goat fuckers!

Thanks to a legal loophole, I'm not required to register my love of goats in the UK, due to our Welsh brothers being unable to keep their hands off the fluffy little bastards.

Thanked by 1Microlinux
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jarland said:

@netomx said:

Only if I have to pick you up in a truck on the south side of town and pay you cash.

I'm in!

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

So its not a pimp? Damn... Based on your location in the UK, I was betting on pimp, or involved with some kind of modeling agency with extras ;)

That or a builder,

jarland said: No, it's a question of liability. It's called due diligence, not paranoia. If I am to trust someone with the information of my customers, I need at bare minimum to know that I can trust them.

All nice and dandy, if you are looking for a physical person and exclude companies. I have a fully legal and in activity company, registered in VIES and paying my taxes, you do not need to meet anyone face to face, just check some publicly available databases :P
    As for illegal employment, yeah, it is way more legal to pay via paypal by the hour than to hire a company with a written contract of services.

edited August 2016

deadbeef said: "Italian work ethics" :D - that's like "GVH quality hosting".

Whoa, where dat qote from, cause aint from ma post fo' shure.

Thanked by 3Lee Nekki netomx