Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to hire support for MXroute
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to hire support for MXroute

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hi everyone!

Many of you are aware that I run an email service that uses cPanel as the front end, with WHMCS as the billing/ticketing system. I am looking for someone of the highest integrity to assist me with support covering these categories:

• Technical support
  • Billing
  • Sales

These are the skills that I would expect:

• Comfortable and capable with cPanel (for your purposes/access, this would be normal cPanel minus web hosting functions)
  • Comfortable and capable with WHMCS (Orders, tickets, adjustments, refunds, etc)
  • Willingness to learn about MailChannels (reviewing logs, submitting and resolving tickets with them)

While I would take measures to minimize your access to vital client data, while still empowering you to take care of things, I still require that you be of the highest integrity. My customers are of more importance to me than I expect anyone to understand, but I do expect you to respect it and act accordingly. A background check and personal interview (video or in person) will both be required.

This is a very small role right now, but the company's growth has been increasing exponentially. I expect that most work can be accomplished in 1 hour each day, roughly 5-10 tickets. Though, it may take a bit longer in the first few weeks as you get used to the unique aspects of the workflow.

I will not be setting a value for pay on this but will expect you to make an offer. Hourly, by ticket, I'm open to anything. I simply don't know what to pay here, so I want you to let me know what meets your needs.

Please send an email to [email protected] if you are interested.

Comments

• Huh. Looks like MXRoute is growing at a decent rate :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

When is the VC funding coming?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@FlamesRunner said:
    Huh. Looks like MXRoute is growing at a decent rate :)

I'm shocked by it, honestly. Deploying a new physical server (2 VMs, 2TB storage on each) right now.

@hawc said:
    When is the VC funding coming?

I've had that thought in the back of my head like "What if I went for it?" But...it'd just be to streamline the product, which at this rate it will pay for itself to manage that before long.

Nice. Care to share a bit more about the new server? Is it in a new location or still with the others?

@hawc said:
    Nice. Care to share a bit more about the new server? Is it in a new location or still with the others?

My beloved, no place I'd rather be, @incero :)

• I would do it for a signed picture of Jarland. Congratulations on your growth Jar.

Trying to move our idiotic company admin over to MxRoute. Whenever I send an email, it goes to SPAM. Much dkim, so mail, many wow.

• I sent my resume :)

Excited to hear back from you!

Thanked by 1jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jarland said: A background check and personal interview (video or in person) will both be required.

I am sure you did that just to exclude me :P

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

jarland said: I am looking for someone of the highest integrity to assist me with support

Firstly, well done! having your project turn into a real venture must feel awesome. I'd love to apply but my skill is more generalized to desktop and client-server. Have fun filtering through the junk cv's I guess you're already buried under :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • I love that @jarland zeroes on to the most important characteristic of 'someone with power' : Integrity.

Couldn't agree more.

Thanked by 2jar raindog308
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jarland well done buddy, nice to see it growing.

Thanked by 1jar
  • So we can technically use MXroute as an SMTP server in our billing system right?

• Congratulations! Maybe you'll see an email from me.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @pbgben said:
    Have fun filtering through the junk cv's I guess you're already buried under :P

Most companies set themselves up to get junk applicants. There's this whole "don't know what to pay" mentality that is rampant in job ads these days. Companies seem to go into often times exquisite detail on everything you are supposed to bring to the table, and they have all the knowledge about what work they'll expect you to be doing and what value it represents to them, yet somehow they're usually unable to say if your time there will be worth anything at all. Not directly slagging @jarland here, but he could certainly do more to show he's actually looking for high quality candidates.

Thanked by 2jar Yura

@Maounique said:

jarland said: A background check and personal interview (video or in person) will both be required.

:P

Nah, just figure if I give anyone access to any level of customer data I owe it to all of them to be sure that I make good choices :)

@impossiblystupid said:

@pbgben said:
    Have fun filtering through the junk cv's I guess you're already buried under :P

Most companies set themselves up to get junk applicants. There's this whole "don't know what to pay" mentality that is rampant in job ads these days. Companies seem to go into often times exquisite detail on everything you are supposed to bring to the table, and they have all the knowledge about what work they'll expect you to be doing and what value it represents to them, yet somehow they're usually unable to say if your time there will be worth anything at all. Not directly slagging @jarland here, but he could certainly do more to show he's actually looking for high quality candidates.

I welcome any suggestions but I don't know where to begin market research on common pay for the low amount of hours that I'll be needing. Arrangements like this exist in many companies in this market space and few really talk about what they're paying or being paid. I'm trying to get a pulse of something that no one seems to talk about openly.

I do want to be clear that my intent is to be as generous as I can pull off. I'm not looking to save money, of course also not looking to bankrupt the project :)

• @jarland

Interesting, I work for a MSP as it is... Applying now :) Does it matter if I'm from another country other than yourself? How will the payment be made if that is the case?

Also looking into MxRoute for a project I am doing currently, I may need to PM you soon.

PH

Thanked by 1jar
  • Congrats :-)

With all the flavours of BS dealt with on here, there shalt be no winging it in the interviews.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited August 2016

@zafouhar said:
    So we can technically use MXroute as an SMTP server in our billing system right?

Yep, I know I do :)

@PirateHitman said:
    @jarland

Interesting, I work for a MSP as it is... Applying now :) Does it matter if I'm from another country other than yourself? How will the payment be made if that is the case?

Also looking into MxRoute for a project I am doing currently, I may need to PM you soon.

PH

Not a problem at all. I'll have to check up on the legal side of payment from one place to another for this purpose but I'm sure payment methods can still be flexible. PayPal, written check, I'm down for anything.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • jarland said: I'm down for anything.

I always love when you say that... <3
    (((Aroused)))

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited August 2016

As a busy student, I would be all over this due to the low workload and potential for extra income. But I'm sure there are more qualified people out there, both in terms of technical knowledge and reliability, so I'll be passing. Best of luck finding someone who will have the respect for the company and customer privacy that it deserves.

• PirateHitmanPirateHitman Member
    edited August 2016

@jarland said:

@zafouhar said:
    So we can technically use MXroute as an SMTP server in our billing system right?

Yep, I know I do :)

@PirateHitman said:
    @jarland

PH

Not a problem at all. I'll have to check up on the legal side of payment from one place to another for this purpose but I'm sure payment methods can still be flexible. PayPal, written check, I'm down for anything.

@ jarland One more question to top it off, do these hours you need of my time need to be at set times? Or anytime? I'm pretty flexible... But just checking!

• GCatGCat Member

@Amitz said:

jarland said: I'm down for anything.

I always love when you say that... <3
    (((Aroused)))

• @jarland said:

@Maounique said:

:P

Nah, just figure if I give anyone access to any level of customer data I owe it to all of them to be sure that I make good choices :)

This is why I love Jarland.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2016

Skype video call you said? I would love some special attention. Resume getting sent ;)

I won't charge you as much as the other Skype shows you are used to.

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • @jarland

Hire @Nekki, customer relations will increase ten fold

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

You missed two letters. "Hire @Nekki, customer relations will indecrease ten fold"

• @doghouch said:

@FlamesRunner said:
    @jarland

You missed two letters. "Hire @Nekki, customer relations will indecrease ten fold"

/sarcasm

• @doghouch said:

Depends on what kind of customer base he is targeting :P