Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch sucks:stay away from them! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch sucks:stay away from them!

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited August 2016

@dark I knew you did not have any case. They offer $100 to charity, a another part to take the test, and if you are right you get one year of free hosting. What have you to loose?
    If you don't take that deal we know you are a fraud.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • darkdark Member

see, above floor maybe a distributor of hosthatch, wow my test result hurt your fame too...

• darkdark Member

like i said, "request a refund of the node which can not be used is the proper right of a client, i have no interest in other matter not related with the item." so you understand it now?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dark said:
    see, above floor maybe a distributor of hosthatch, wow my test result hurt your fame too...

Poor excuse mate, turn it off now, this is boring.

Thanked by 2netomx jvnadr
  • /thread

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith
  • @dark can you please provide a copy of the script you are using to test? I will personally go buy a server from HostHatch and run the test my self. If I can replicate the issue I will be happy to discuss it further with @Abdullah and get any issues resolved for you (maybe part of the issue is the fact English is not your first language and there is a barrier created by this?).

I have not been a huge fan of HostHatch, but I think @Abdullah has been pretty reasonable here with trying to assist you and instead of working to resolve this you just seem interested in bashing them. As such, I am more than happy to take a chance to see if there is really the problems you mention. If you are interested in this, please post the scripts you are using to test and I will register a KVM server in Holland on my next break from work.

Cheers!

• I've always had a good experience with HostHatch. I can't find anything to complain about, really.

They have always been good to me and the service has never suffered any major issues to speak of. Nothing which warrant comment.

A terrific host :)

• @jarland seems OP doesn't want to take me up on my offer. You mind changing the subject on this thread to be more appropriate? I am not sure what to suggest..

Cheers!

• darkdark Member

why you not try help a client with their issue,instead > @TheLinuxBug said:

@dark can you please provide a copy of the script you are using to test? I will personally go buy a server from HostHatch and run the test my self. If I can replicate the issue I will be happy to discuss it further with @Abdullah and get any issues resolved for you (maybe part of the issue is the fact English is not your first language and there is a barrier created by this?).

I have not been a huge fan of HostHatch, but I think @Abdullah has been pretty reasonable here with trying to assist you and instead of working to resolve this you just seem interested in bashing them. As such, I am more than happy to take a chance to see if there is really the problems you mention. If you are interested in this, please post the scripts you are using to test and I will register a KVM server in Holland on my next break from work.

Cheers!

that is just a standard 5.1.3.benchmark test,the script are:
    yum install -y gcc time perl-Time-HiRes wget https://byte-unixbench.googlecode.com/files/UnixBench5.1.3.tgz tar zxvf UnixBench5.1.3.tgz cd UnixBench make ./Run

normally the running need 20 minutes,or according to the performance of a vps,maybe a little longer.
    their ovz node can run it well...the problem is the kvm at holland dc...maybe i am bad luck met a bad server there?

• oh my, don't tell me he download all files from 'speed test' and run out of space ;)

where's output of df -h as @myhken asked?

dark said: normally the running need 20 minutes

you don't know what you doing, so answer some people question and let the other figured out for you what really happen there

Thanked by 1bersy
  • I did use hosthatch probably an year back. Their support and server performance was good. But, I really dont know how things are going in the recent past.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2016

@dark Everybody here is telling you that you probably run out of space, that's why you cannot complete benchmark. @Myhken told you just to post a simple df -h result to show your disk space. @Abdullah suggested to give a LET's mod the ability to test it by himself and if his company is wrong, give a charity and a free service to you. You denied. Either you are too dumb and with total lack of knowledge, or you are trying in purpose to attack HostHatch.
    Really, it is time to leave, not only this thread but LET community.

@Jarland OP is clearly trying to bash hosthatch's reputation. Poor to non existing arguments, publicly posting ip from the provider, not willing to post any proofs about his "issue".
    I would like to see such members being banned...

Thanked by 1myhken
  • +1

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2016

@dark is obviously lying about his experience or is him self inexperienced, here is the results of my server:

========================================================================
       BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 5.1.3)

System: nl1.host.com: GNU/Linux
       OS: GNU/Linux -- 3.2.0-4-amd64 -- #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2
       Machine: x86_64 (unknown)
       Language: en_US.utf8 (charmap="UTF-8", collate="UTF-8")
       CPU 0: QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6) (4800.0 bogomips)
              x86-64, MMX, Physical Address Ext, SYSENTER/SYSEXIT, SYSCALL/SYSRET
       12:41:25 up 9 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.11, 0.13, 0.06; runlevel 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Benchmark Run: Thu Aug 25 2016 12:41:25 - 13:09:40
    1 CPU in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests

Dhrystone 2 using register variables       22473309.4 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Double-Precision Whetstone                     3174.7 MWIPS (9.8 s, 7 samples)
    Execl Throughput                               3204.0 lps   (29.5 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks        754909.7 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks          243109.6 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks       1226948.4 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    Pipe Throughput                             1848094.9 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Pipe-based Context Switching                 327167.0 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
    Process Creation                               8418.9 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples)
    Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                   5450.2 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                    653.6 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
    System Call Overhead                        3288834.9 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)

System Benchmarks Index Values               BASELINE       RESULT    INDEX
    Dhrystone 2 using register variables         116700.0   22473309.4   1925.7
    Double-Precision Whetstone                       55.0       3174.7    577.2
    Execl Throughput                                 43.0       3204.0    745.1
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks          3960.0     754909.7   1906.3
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks            1655.0     243109.6   1468.9
    File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks          5800.0    1226948.4   2115.4
    Pipe Throughput                               12440.0    1848094.9   1485.6
    Pipe-based Context Switching                   4000.0     327167.0    817.9
    Process Creation                                126.0       8418.9    668.2
    Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                     42.4       5450.2   1285.4
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                      6.0        653.6   1089.3
    System Call Overhead                          15000.0    3288834.9   2192.6
                                                                       ========
    System Benchmarks Index Score                                        1232.0

Purchased a server this afternoon (NL or as OP was saying 'Holland' location), was instantly provisioned. Same resources except I chose their storage line over their SSD line with 250GB storage.

Upon first login I installed the packages needed to compile UnixBench, compiled UnixBench and ran it. Encountered no issues with the server and you can see the results above.

Below I am including the results from testing the network connectivity:

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2399.996 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 497 MB
    Total amount of swap : 511 MB
    System uptime :   1:17,

Testing IPv6...
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 7.46MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 7.06MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.52MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 27.0MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Fremont, CA: 8.01MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Newark, NJ: 10.8MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Ashburn, VA: 14.6MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Dallas, TX: 4.05MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Seattle, WA: 7.02MB/s

Testing IPv4...
    Download speed from CacheFly: 41.8MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 9.15MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 8.75MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.54MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 31.1MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Fremont, CA: 7.25MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Newark, NJ: 5.09MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Ashburn, VA: 7.04MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Dallas, TX: 6.11MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Seattle, WA: 7.21MB/s
    Download speed from Innoscale, Santa Clara, CA: 6.41MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 49.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.09MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.40MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 4.98MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 12.6MB/s

Testing IO...
    I/O speed :  66.9 MB/s

keeping in mind that I chose the storage node over their SSD node and there is probably a lot more traffic on the storage node, speeds are not hateful, but are a little slower to some places then I expected.

All of my testing was done in under 729M:
    Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                                                  246G  729M  233G   1% /
    udev                                                     10M     0   10M   0% /dev
    tmpfs                                                    50M  172K   50M   1% /run
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/2693e0aa-1059-4ca7-b870-7dec17345b64  246G  729M  233G   1% /
    tmpfs                                                   5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs                                                   202M     0  202M   0% /run/shm

I believe the OP doesn't know what they are doing like mentioned by others. The thread title should be changed in my opinion.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2jvnadr mpkossen
  • darkdark Member

i tested their hatching kvm very recently from late of June till 5th of August:

this first kvm plan:
    HostHatch:Los Angeles,US-KVM-SSD #1(1x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core,768MB RAM,20GB SSD,1TB Bandwidth)
    TEST D.T.2016-06-24 morning.installed with Operating System:CentOS 7 minimal 64-bit

the second kvm plan:
    HostHatch:AMS-KVM-SSD #1(1x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core,768MB RAM,20GB SSD,1TB Bandwidth)$5.00 USD
    tested this month...

i already shared my personal test result...if you think you can bear their no refund policy for such an item not as declared, you can go to make a try...that is your choice right?

and lack ability to settle your issue,their owner Mr.Abu even would like will guide you into a "gamble business",like he reacted in this topic...so guess their real company name is: "HostHatch Gambling Inc."

but i suggested You stay Away from Hosthatch to not waste your time and money...because as i shared that guy's experience from webmastertalk forum the hatch ever even bill to him on once deleted his vps without any notice,this opinion is not only my personal viewpoint,if you read other discussions in this topic...

of course i agree every brand has their fans and gun-man they hired right?

i am only a real client ever tried their 3 above node in past 2 months...... :(

• darkdark Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @dark is obviously lying about his experience or is him self inexperienced, here is the results of my server:

i have enough reason to suspect you are hired by hosthatch right? how much they pay you to reply once?

• @dark said:
    i tested their hatching kvm very recently from late of June till 5th of August:

this first kvm plan:
    HostHatch:Los Angeles,US-KVM-SSD #1(1x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core,768MB RAM,20GB SSD,1TB Bandwidth)
    TEST D.T.2016-06-24 morning.installed with Operating System:CentOS 7 minimal 64-bit

the second kvm plan:
    HostHatch:AMS-KVM-SSD #1(1x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core,768MB RAM,20GB SSD,1TB Bandwidth)$5.00 USD
    tested this month...

i already shared my personal test result...if you think you can bear their no refund policy for such an item not as declared, you can go to make a try...that is your choice right?

and lack ability to settle your issue,their owner Mr.Abu even would like will guide you into a "gamble business",like he reacted in this topic...so guess their real company name is: "HostHatch Gambling Inc."

but i suggested You stay Away from Hosthatch to not waste your time and money...because as i shared that guy's experience from webmastertalk forum the hatch ever even bill to him on once deleted his vps without any notice,this opinion is not only my personal viewpoint,if you read other discussions in this topic...

of course i agree every brand has their fans and gun-man they hired right?

Instead of writing such a lengthy response, you could've taken the time to show a screenshot of the df -h command and shut up everyone that disagrees with you.

You could even take hosthatch up on their offer, but you instead chose to post more random ramblings in poor english on a full-english forum.

• darkdark Member

@teamacc said:

i have enough reason to suspect you are hired by hosthatch too right?
    you even do not know the major issue i mentioned...i do suspect you lack understanding ability, or maybe you are poor in readability, so that is your good english right?

• @dark said:

@teamacc said:

i have enough reason to suspect you are hired by hosthatch too right?
    you even do not know the major issue i mentioned...i do suspect you lack understanding ability, or maybe you are poor in readability, so that is your good english right?

I can confirm that I am not currently employed by and have not been employed by HostHatch at any time (nor do I have any job offers from them, nor do I wish to work in the hosting business to begin with).

If you go around accusing everybody who disagrees with you of working for a company you have an issue with, your own credibility might take a few hits.

You have ignored every single possible solution thrown at you in this thread. The only thing you have been doing is undermine your own credibility by making unfounded claims.

If taking hosthatch up on their offer, which you consider "gambling", while ignoring the error message posted by yourself, and then continue to ignore every single solution posted in this thread, why would you post here to begin with?

Unless ofcourse you have somehow been in some kind of fight with hosthatch and are trying to fling mud towards them. (this is just speculation and should not be taken seriously)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@dark do you still have access to the server, if so do a reinstall, give me the credentials and I will do an independent test.

Will you accept the results?

• @dark shut the f.ck up and dig your self down to the cave you got from. A df -h had resulted in people at least believed little in you, but when you can't do that, nobody believes you.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

His server was cancelled due to the attacks to his IP after he posted it here. I flagged the post and asked for the IP to be removed a day before the attacks started happening, but it's still here.

He had requested an immediate cancellation already - we changed it to end of billing so he could not later claim we took his money and didn't provide service. We chose to proceed with his earlier request after the attacks. He had enough time to post a 'df -h' which he chose to not post for some reason. :)

My offer still stands of course (with or without charity/12 months deal). Happy to set up the same package on the same node that he had for one of the mods/trusted members. @TheLinuxBug was kind enough to purchase a server and test it himself, albeit on a different node/package. I doubt that makes any difference here though. Anyone who disagrees with him becomes "gun-man they hired".

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dark said:

I understand that there is a language barrier here, but please stop calling it gambling.

I offered you a chance to donate $100 to a charity either way - which seems in line with your views of helping the people (which you claim this whole post is for, unless of course that is not true). I also offered free 12 months hosting to you. I do not get any personal reward in that deal.

Clearly.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

Ah ok then, well it was obviously a load of rubbish anyway, not to worry, schools open again in a week or so in most places.

• @dark I spent my own money, as I said I would, to test for you. I am not a whiny little bitch like you who worries about $5.00 so much that he has to slander a company over it. When I bought the server I was even prepared to lose my $5.00. However, in the end, the service has been pretty damn stable so far and I have not seen any issue.

I firmly believe you do not know what you are doing at all and likely your inexperience is what has caused you all the problems you encountered.

If anything, you owe me $5.00 for being willing to take your side and test for you on my own dime after you lied about the cause of the issues, which was YOU.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • darkdark Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    @dark do you still have access to the server, if so do a reinstall, give me the credentials and I will do an independent test.

Will you accept the results?

not able anymore,hatch not refund me after i request a refund cancel request...and i still never receive my refund...i think it is not a client's mistake...

• darkdark Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @dark I spent my own money, as I said I would, to test for you. I am not a whiny little bitch like you who worries about $5.00 so much that he has to slander a company over it. When I bought the server I was even prepared to lose my $5.00. However, in the end, the service has been pretty damn stable so far and I have not seen any issue.
    Cheers!

why all other vps i tested passed the 5.1.3 okay no problem? i agree my IT knowledge is not very high end,but i know enough how to run a 5.1.3...what you tested is a storage node right,not the kvm node
    ...your satisfaction is only your satisfaction,not my case right?

• darkdark Member

@Abdullah said:

@dark said:

I understand that there is a language barrier here, but please stop calling it gambling.

I offered you a chance to donate $100 to a charity either way - which seems in line with your views of helping the people (which you claim this whole post is for, unless of course that is not true). I also offered free 12 months hosting to you. I do not get any personal reward in that deal.

Clearly.

hosthatch should refund me, as notified these results to yours sales department when tested it, the kvm node even can not run a 5.1.3 test,the result i sent to yours sales and tech staff with tickets attachment,they response similar way like you,just no response for it issue......

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2016

Buddy. Stop whining. Don't like em move on. You know what they say? When you think everyone is wrong besides yourself? Guess what? You are wrong.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dark said: hosthatch should refund me, as notified these results to yours sales department when tested it, the kvm node even can not run a 5.1.3 test,the result i sent to yours sales and tech staff with tickets attachment,they response similar way like you,just no response for it issue......

If no one agree with you, then you should really reconsider why it is that way, instead of just criticizing each and every single reply.

Thanked by 1vimalware
This discussion has been closed.