Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch sucks:stay away from them!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• darkdark Member

their kvm node at holland,could not support you even make a benchmark test,then will turn inactive,even you connect to it at a holland ip:

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Cool story, bro

• darkdark Member

this is their fastest node!pooffff

• darkdark Member

it can only support you run a benchmark test about 10 minutes,then it ssh connection will stop whatever you tried connected from far area or near to their datacenter...

when you submit a ticket,their cs just ignore it,that is their true service level...

Thanked by 1grimsdottir
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I will put it again:

Cool story, bro

• darkdark Member

i hang up one result tested which i connected from a holland IP,very near to their datacenter of the kvm server,for all here to have a look!

• xaocxaoc Member

@dark said:
    it can only support you run a benchmark test about 10 minutes,then it ssh connection will stop whatever you tried connected from far area or near to their datacenter...

when you submit a ticket,their cs just ignore it,that is their true service level...

Have you tried not running benchmarks?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • darkdark Member

this is a basic feature test,will try pose another connection result later from a little far distance...when you ask their customer service,they just no reply it anymore.....and pridely tell you again their node has no any issues:( OMG...

• darkdark Member

the IP address 153.92.127.6, it is a kvm node of hosthatch, just share a truth of a test result, will hang up another result connected from an IP a little far...everyone has a self judgement ability...

• IP address on both screenshots doesn't match.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • darkdark Member

the ip 37.48.66.69 is the Ip at which time i used a vpn to connect to that kvm node,as i said this IP is also in holland,very close to their kvm node datacenter...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Put it all in one post mate.

• Likely they use some abuse detecting script that is detecting your benhcmarks as abuse and shutting off your container to prevent the abuse. Have you tried doing something other than trying to rape the CPU resources on the server? Have you tried anything different like just bandwidth tests and had the same issue?

I am not saying that the way they are handling this is correct or they should see running benchmarks as abuse, but it truly wouldn't surprise me to find that is the case.

Plus from all I have heard about hosthatch before, I personally wouldn't do business with them anyways. My guess is you got some super cheap deal and instead of using your brain and researching you just purchased the account...

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• darkdark Member
    edited August 2016

above say some self viewpoint...so i share some download test of the kvm:

[root@vps ~]#]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test --2016-08-09 02:59:21 -- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175 Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OKLength: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: ‘100mb.test’ 0% [ ] 0--.-K/s in 0s Cannot write to ‘100mb.test’ (No space left on device).

[root@vps ~]# wget http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip --2016-08-09 02:59:32 -- http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip Resolving speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com (speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com)... 67.228.112.250, 2607:f0d0:2001:3::2Connecting to speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com)|67.228.112.250|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OKLength: 104874307 (100M) [application/zip] Saving to: ‘test100.zip’ 0% [] 0--.-K/s in 0s Cannot write to ‘test100.zip’ (No space left on device).

[root@vps ~]# wget http://speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip --2016-08-09 02:59:42-- http://speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip Resolving speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com (speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com)... 74.86.116.210, 2607:f0d0:1003:31::2Connecting to speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com (speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com)|74.86.116.210|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OKLength: 104874307 (100M) [application/zip] Saving to: ‘test100.zip.1’ 0% [] 0 --.-K/s in 0s Cannot write to ‘test100.zip.1’ (No space left on device).

• darkdark Member

@Nekki said:
    Put it all in one post mate.

wow,this is a good suggestion...

• I used hosthatch for quite some time as well, then the node died and it took them over 3 months to get my vps up again... countless tickets was submitted but never answered. I agree, Stay away from hosthatch if you can help it.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

Did you submit a ticket to them with your issues...?

• darkdark Member

sorry to hear your story

@Makkesk8 said:
    I used hosthatch for quite some time as well, then the node died and it took them over 3 months to get my vps up again... countless tickets was submitted but never answered. I agree, Stay away from hosthatch if you can help it.

• JariJari Member

So, you are testing the download speed by testing the write speed of the hard disk to a device that is already full? Ok.
    In my experience, such sloppy writing on the forums (and probably in your tickets too) shows a lack of diligence on your part. I used to be a customer of HostHatch about 4 years ago and had zero issues. They even provided a trial VPS for a couple of days for free.

Whatever your issue is, you should provide reproducible benchmarks if you expect anyone to believe you.

• darkdark Member

@kt said:
    Did you submit a ticket to them with your issues...?

yeah,i did submit a ticket to them,their technique staff let me provide them a tracert result to that IP, i provide it, then there is no response anymore from their tech staff...

and next week, their sales cs lady asked in the same ticket if the node okay, so i submit above result to them,then there is no response anymore...

i was testing the node to see if can use long period or not,so hang up a true result...their sales lady sometime reply you in 1 days,... but seems can not settle the issue you met...

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

dark said: Cannot write to ‘test100.zip.1’ (No space left on device)

pretty much sums it up as @Jari said

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Cool story bro

Thanked by 2netomx dark
  • darkdark Member

@Jari said:
    So, you are testing the download speed by testing the write speed of the hard disk to a device that is already full? Ok.
    In my experience, such sloppy writing on the forums (and probably in your tickets too) shows a lack of diligence on your part. I used to be a customer of HostHatch about 4 years ago and had zero issues. They even provided a trial VPS for a couple of days for free.

Whatever your issue is, you should provide reproducible benchmarks if you expect anyone to believe you.

that test even can not go completely once,then how could i provide a reproducible one? the test i tried not less than 6 times in different day time, not ever completed once, just share a result here...i agree you have your own viewpoint...will hang up another test result from another Ip connection a little far from holland,tomorrow morning...

• HostHatch sucks indeed. It's big waste of time to explain them that one of their node doesn't have IPv6 connectivity anymore for weeks. And the other node... I can't log in right now:

Server refused to allocate pty
    Linux netherland 2.6.32-042stab113.17 #1 SMP Wed Feb 10 18:31:00 MSK 2016 i686

Thanked by 1dark
  • darkdark Member

this is the plan details i tested: HostHatch:AMS-KVM-SSD #1(1x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core,768MB RAM,20GB SSD,1TB Bandwidth)$5.00 USD

• darkdark Member

@Heinz said:
    HostHatch sucks indeed. It's big waste of time to explain them that one of their node doesn't have IPv6 connectivity anymore for weeks. And the other node... I can't log in right now:

Server refused to allocate pty
    Linux netherland 2.6.32-042stab113.17 #1 SMP Wed Feb 10 18:31:00 MSK 2016 i686

from my test, their OVZ node can perform a benchmark test completely, but not the kvm one, so i share this kvm test result...so agree with above floor,it waste a lot time...as i look for one to use long period,so i test it 1 to 2 months first.

• darkdark Member

@Jari said:

you can see clearly,it is not a write speed test,but a download speed test, i run it on that kvm node only installed a naked centos,nothing else...then it said full...OMG...

• Hosthatch was pretty good for me for several years, but I think that Abdullah sold company and under new owners company ended up as usually those sold LEB hosts end. Incompetence in every aspect.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • JariJari Member

@dark said:

@Jari said:

you can see clearly,it is not a write speed test,but a download speed test, i run it on that kvm node only installed a naked centos,nothing else...then it said full...OMG...

The problem here is that you jumped to the wrong conclusion and immediately accused HostHatch. But it is clear that this is at least partially your fault.
    Your wget command lacks the -O parameter, which specifies the output location. Without it, the file will be downloaded to the current directory (which might be read-only or full).

Try again with the following:

wget -O /dev/null http://example.com/largefile.bin

This discussion has been closed.