Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch sucks:stay away from them! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch sucks:stay away from them!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I don't think they're the issue, I think you're the issue here... :P

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2016

This is an extension to https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1769021/ (notice how everyone except the OP is wrong)

The customer wanted a refund after complaining about an issue that did not exist. His request was denied. We told him what he was doing wrong. Then he decided to post on LET and the people here (in the previous post) told him what he was doing wrong. After the post, we chose to refund him and asked him to find another provider. You can see my response in the previous post.

He chose to sign up again - and unfortunately - someone in our staff accepted his order while not knowing the story behind the account. The customer again started complaining about things that were issues that simply did not exist - and wrote 'extremely' long tickets, which obviously required similarly long, time consuming responses from our support. It went on for a while.

I recently glanced over one of his tickets where he was again asking for a refund and remembered his previous post on LET. After testing one of the issues he was complaining about (which again, turned out to be untrue), I referred him to my post on LET and told him how I have already previously refunded him in full (after he had already used the VPS for 20 days) and we won't be doing it again. He was told that his account will be cancelled on his next due date and we won't accept any further orders from him.

Now, here we are to this LET post...

I agree we have our share of issues and that brings unhappy clients with it. You'll see actual negative reviews of us here, and usually you will notice I am trying to make it right for those people. I am available on [email protected] any time of the day for those clients. Sadly - there is nothing I can do for the OP here.

@Heinz said:
    HostHatch sucks indeed. It's big waste of time to explain them that one of their node doesn't have IPv6 connectivity anymore for weeks. And the other node... I can't log in right now:

@Heinz said:
    Hosthatch was pretty good for me for several years, but I think that Abdullah sold company and under new owners company ended up as usually those sold LEB hosts end. Incompetence in every aspect.

There are no node related or ipv6 issues that I am aware of. Please shoot me an email and I will get this fixed for you. I have not sold and have no intentions of selling HostHatch. The 3 people who started HostHatch in 2011 are all still here.

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Likely they use some abuse detecting script that is detecting your benhcmarks as abuse and shutting off your container to prevent the abuse. Have you tried doing something other than trying to rape the CPU resources on the server? Have you tried anything different like just bandwidth tests and had the same issue?

Sorry, I'm not sure where you got that but running a benchmark won't shut down your VPS. That will happen if there is an incoming/outgoing attack or spam.

Plus from all I have heard about hosthatch before, I personally wouldn't do business with them anyways. My guess is you got some super cheap deal and instead of using your brain and researching you just purchased the account...

May I ask what you have heard about hosthatch before? Do you feel we have more happy than unhappy customers in a general sense on LET? As for the super cheap deal - we haven't ran a single % discount promo in the past 12 months.

Thanked by 2HyperSpeed vimalware
  • Credit where credit is due, I have used HostHatch previously and they were prompt at responding to tickets and the VPS had no issues that I can re-call!

• @netomx said:
    Cool story, bro

"Tell it again"

• Used HostHatch for VPN servers some years now, and never any issue with them. All this fuzz over $5..WTF
    Move on, and let us happy customers have our servers without idiots.
    And, when you run a benchmark on a shared server VPS, I always send in a ticket to inform them about the test and that is CPU intensive.

• @Nekki said:
    Put it all in one post mate.

Or better, in zero posts

Thanked by 2doghouch netomx
  • darkdark Member

so hang up another result of connection with an IP from US, a little far from their node at holland:

• darkdark Member

this is a connection from an IP at US, 45.55.12.64,below is the screencut when i use that IP with vpn:

below is the connection with the same kvm node and bench inactive result,in 2 part:

as i said,this is a true test,i just hang up them here,and let everyone here at LEB have a look of my real experience with hosthatch....like i said,everyone has own self judgement...

• darkdark Member

just interested to know how hosthatch treat other client, i know i am only one client ever, so googled hosthatch, seems my case is not an occasion,OMG terrible see this, a dude said hosthatch delete his node without even an email notice :
    "HostHatch.com deleted my VPS without warning"
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1073732

edited August 2016

@dark said:
    just interested to know how hosthatch treat other client, i know i am only one client ever, so googled hosthatch, seems my case is not an occasion,OMG terrible see this, a dude said hosthatch delete his node without even an email notice :
    "HostHatch.com deleted my VPS without warning"
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1073732

I'm not sure what your issues (which do not actually exist) have to do with a customer issue from 4 months after HostHatch was started in 2011...6 years after it.

Just one question - why did you sign up with us again, after you had so many issues with us, opened a thread on LET, were given a refund (that you asked for) and were asked to find another provider?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • darkdark Member

it is because the ovz plan i tested can run a benchmark test,you can see in this thread i did not say a negative review of the ovz plan...

and yours KVM at LSA has trouble as i explained to sales department,as need kvm too, so test again another kvm from yours holland dc, see usable or not., so your question sounds like i have no right to make a test?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@doghouch said:

@netomx said:
    Cool story, bro

"Tell it again"

My pleasure:

Cool story, bro

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @netomx said:

@doghouch said:

@netomx said:
    Cool story, bro

"Tell it again"

My pleasure:

Cool story, bro

:D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • myhkenmyhken Member
    edited August 2016

@dark shut the f*ck up. You got your refund, and still you sign up with the same host so you can complain more. There is hundreds and hundreds hosts out there, go with one of them. Or even better, go with a fully managed hosts, for you don't know shit about managing a server.

• i just get 1 reboot because of server got move to another rack, and they inform customer before and after that. benchmark is not solid proof. just try to make website and get some traffic on it.

• @dark is two persons in one:

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • darkdark Member

to above floor questions: since i just tested their OVZ at holland,then their kvm at LSA, not yet tested the kvm at holland dc, so i make such a test to see various type of their node,see whether value to buy some other type node from the hosting anymore, to test a node is a client's free choice, the node can not satisfy a client basic need is the inability of hosting side, the refund request is a proper right of a buyer, yours question sounds like i have no right to make a test or make a comment?

i just hang up the result for everyone at LET know how they treat a client...in another complaint from some other clients "http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1073732" seems when they delete your server without notify, they still collect money from your paypal account...

in the industry,i tested various type of vps from various famous hosting too,most of them can settle an issue or show friendly will they will handle it, No other hosting like them just ignore it.

the verbal abuse("shut the f*ck up",) etc has nothing related with a test result right? so some here maybe hired by hosthatch to criticize me? okay, just go on verbal abuse...if that is your hobby...because that is your own manner right?

as i said, i just share an individual client personal test result,as hosthatch no ability to settle the issue of their product, so i share it in daylight, let more others know this...

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@dark do you have free space to wget a file or run a benchmark

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

dark said: they just no reply it anymore.....and pridely tell you again

Either/or...

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • easyeasy Member

try screen command

• darkdark Member
    edited August 2016

@vpsGOD said:
    @dark do you have free space to wget a file or run a benchmark

for your question,the 3 vps i tested with hosthatch:
    the OVZ looks okay,as i do not complaint the OVZ in this topic...it can wget and run a benchmark completely...the issue is the kvm one.

the OVZ plan i tested is: "HostHatch:OpenVZ SSD VPS-Amsterdam,NL-VZ-SSD #3 3x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core 1GB RAM 75GB SSD 2.5TB Bandwidth CentOS 7 minimal 64-bit $7.00 USD)"
    i agree this OVZ type vps is okay in benchmark etc,their OVZ run on some Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz.
    BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 5.1.3) OS: GNU/Linux -- 2.6.32-042stab113.17 -- #1 SMP Wed Feb 10 18:31:00 MSK 2016 Machine: x86_64 (x86_64) Language: en_US.utf8 (charmap="UTF-8", collate="UTF-8") CPU 0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz (7400.3 bogomips) Hyper-Threading, x86-64, MMX, Physical Address Ext, SYSENTER/SYSEXIT, SYSCALL/SYSRET, Intel virtualization CPU 1: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz (7400.3 bogomips) Hyper-Threading, x86-64, MMX, Physical Address Ext, SYSENTER/SYSEXIT, SYSCALL/SYSRET, Intel virtualization CPU 2: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz (7400.3 bogomips) Hyper-Threading, x86-64, MMX, Physical Address Ext, SYSENTER/SYSEXIT, SYSCALL/SYSRET, Intel virtualization 04:38:39 up 4 days, 0 min, 2 users, load average: 0.15, 2.17, 1.91; runlevel 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Benchmark Run: Tue Aug 02 2016 04:38:39 - 05:07:07 3 CPUs in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests...... System Benchmarks Index Score 1276.9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Benchmark Run: Tue Aug 02 2016 05:07:07 - 05:36:26 3 CPUs in system; running 3 parallel copies of tests...... System Benchmarks Index Score 2279.7

the OVZ node download looks like below,for example:

`# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2016-06-27 08:45:02-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]Saving to: '100mb.test'
    100%[======================================>]
    104,857,600 88.0MB/s in 1.1s 2016-06-27 08:45:04 (88.0 MB/s)

• '100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]`

like i said,their OVZ is okay...and i no comment a negative of their OVZ here...i am not a client completely unsatisfy with all their node...

the issue is their KVM and issue support ignorance: KVM run on some QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)

the first KVM i tested is their: HostHatch:Los Angeles,US-KVM-SSD #1(1x Intel E5 3.5GHz+ Core,768MB RAM,20GB SSD,1TB Bandwidth)

below is the download from CDN:

[root@vps unixbench-4.1.0-wht-2]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test --2016-06-23 22:54:43-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175 Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: ‘100mb.test’ 0% [ ] 0 --.-K/s in 0s Cannot write to ‘100mb.test’ (No space left on device).

the server reported itself has no space, but to be honest in fact it can down some from some other download source such like linode etc,...i do not hide that fact too, this is is strange...

the second KVM i tested is their same size kvm at holland,since the OVZ at holland seems running okay, so guess their kvm at holland maybe can run okay and better than their kvm at LSA, so make a last test to see go on or stop...

the server functions similar as the first kvm one,the download from CDN i shared as in a previous line above floors yestoday...seems same strange like the first one...

for run a benchmark?: my test result show it OVZ can run it completely as above, the KVM at holland can not run it to end, as result with the photo...i ever suspected it is my connection speed or tracert problems to that server, so tested with an IP at holland very close to that DC,and another IP at US a little far...the kvm result is the same...i submit the photo and result to their technique staff with that ticket,then no any further response more...and i observed a feature of hosthatch, their staff just ask you if your node is okay or not, when you say some issue they will not handle it anymore or response to you, but when they reponse to you next week, it will sounds like that the server your node running on is okay and all other users has no issue, so guess you will have no issue :(

Thanked by 1JarylW
  • darkdark Member

@easy said:
    try screen command

sure,thank remind and will try edit the command,should i use the button "ctrl+O"? like this:
    screen command

• darkdark Member

the command screened in last post,will try edit other command later.

• darkdark Member

all the commands screened...

• It's really easy to see if you have disk space left n your VPS. Type df -h and post the result here.

• darkdark Member

the major issue is the connection and bench test...

And now there are short bursts of DoS to the VPS IP you posted earlier in this thread....there were rotating attacks a couple hours after this post yesterday. I'm sure it is a coincidence.

Can we please come to a conclusion here? If you still believe the problem is with the server....we can set up an account for a moderator with the same package you have, on the same node as you are. He runs the tests that you are running and see whether they complete fine...if they do and it turns out you are the one that is actually wrong, you cancel the server right away, donate $100 to charity and post it's proof here.

If it turns out we're in the wrong, you get an apology along with free 12 months service from us and I donate $100 to a charity of your choosing.

Since according to you, this post was opened by you to help the world (and not because your $5 refund was denied) - and clearly you are still in the mood of helping out the world, charity sounds like a good idea to end this.

Sounds fair to you?

Thanked by 2grimsdottir mpkossen
  • darkdark Member

see, hosthatch come here still no any reply about the bench test inactive issue, but send me a gamble request right?

yours business is the vps etc hosting right?

like i said just share an individual result to let others know it, request a refund of the node which can not be used is the proper right of a client, i have no interest in other matter not related with the item.

surprising to know yours also run gamble business since now?...

• darkdark Member

i have no interest in any plans anymore from yours hosting which has no any positive response to a client's issue and complaint...whether it free or paid.

This discussion has been closed.