Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - iwstack accused of fraud without explanation - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - iwstack accused of fraud without explanation

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

.A want a refund for having to read this thread. The drama was too short.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dailydaily Member

eKo said: Im trying to do a reverse proxy to a website called extratorrent.cc

eKo said: "we do not allow linking/mirroring illegal torrents"

eKo said: Im not sure what I did before, in this life or an other, but this still is funny, whatever it is. Cheers.

eKo said: such morons

Thanked by 3jcaleb netomx terrahost
  • eKoeKo Member

@daily
    wow, you put togheter the puzzle and solved it! congrats!

Seriously, No.

I dont like to repeat myself but that reverse proxy stuff was done to a totally different provider and was done for learning/fun/experience. Has nothing to do with iwstack or this thread.

thanks.

• dailydaily Member

@eKo said:
    @daily

Seriously, No.

I dont like to repeat myself but that reverse proxy stuff was done to a totally different provider and was done for learning/fun/experience. Has nothing to do with iwstack or this thread.

thanks.

They saw your history, and as a provider they get to decline you for that history. I did put the puzzle together.

Thanked by 2Peroni netomx
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@eKo said:
    @daily

Seriously, No.

thanks.

But you are a person who engage in such activities.

• eKoeKo Member
    edited June 2016

@daily
    I did not signed on LET with the same email i signed to iwstack-prometeus, so I dont see HOW could they seen my "history" in here. The nginx thread was posted on May 29, this on June 19, 20 days difference. There is nothing related between threads as there wasnt mentioned anything about what provider i used for testing, etc.

@jcaleb
    Please explain what these "such" activities are? Is that asking for help to learn how a nginx reverse proxy stack works a "crime" ?
    I dont think so.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@jcaleb
    Please explain what these "such" activities are? Is that asking for help to learn how a nginx reverse proxy stack works a "crime" ?
    I dont think so.

You already said you did it on another provider. May not be illegal, but prometeus don't want such activities on their servers.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

eKo said: I dont like to repeat myself but that reverse proxy stuff was done to a totally different provider and was done for learning/fun/experience. Has nothing to do with iwstack or this thread.

• So, @Maounique read in a thread this dude is looking for a VPS to host a reverse proxy for a torrent site, so later denies service to this dude thinking he wil do this on Prometeus.

Thats some bigoted bullshit...

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@cloromorpho said:
    So, @Maounique read in a thread this dude is looking for a VPS to host a reverse proxy for a torrent site, so later denies service to this dude thinking he wil do this on Prometeus.

Don't we all?

Thanked by 1cloromorpho
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

@Maounique Where's the problem hosting a proxy for a legal site?

• whos playing deer hunter?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2016

@tr1cky said:
    @Maounique Where's the problem hosting a proxy for a legal site?

Torrent sites dedicated to piracy aren't legal everywhere. ET has even a release group or something so don't say that "it's just an indexer".

Still we have no idea about why OP was refused service in the first place, those are only conjectures.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@cloromorpho said:
    So, @Maounique read in a thread this dude is looking for a VPS to host a reverse proxy for a torrent site, so later denies service to this dude thinking he wil do this on Prometeus.

Fucking hell, I shouldn't have said owt.

Thanked by 2eKo cloromorpho
  • eKoeKo Member

@cloromorpho
    Hello,
    Many of you here think that I needed the iwstack thing to host a reverse proxy to ET, still,
    after explaining that it was a project that was purely for fun/experience/learning and was a thing of 20 days before this thread, and yet after explaining that I have not the same email/nickname when i signed on iwstack/prometeus....People here at LET still continue to think that the 2 projects are for the same purpose, which is not.

Again for the last time:
    The reverse proxy thing was for learning, was done and completed and closed on a different provider, 20 days before this topic.

The iwstack/prometeus thing was to use their cloud instances to create (or at least learn to do so) a monitoring system for my other vps's from different locations.

I couldnt explain it better, sorry for my english.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@eKo said:
    @cloromorpho
    Hello,
    Many of you here think that I needed the iwstack thing to host a reverse proxy to ET, still,
    after explaining that it was a project that was purely for fun/experience/learning and was a thing of 20 days before this thread, and yet after explaining that I have not the same email/nickname when i signed on iwstack/prometeus....People here at LET still continue to think that the 2 projects are for the same purpose, which is not.

Again for the last time:
    The reverse proxy thing was for learning, was done and completed and closed on a different provider, 20 days before this topic.

The iwstack/prometeus thing was to use their cloud instances to create (or at least learn to do so) a monitoring system for my other vps's from different locations.

It's not your English, it's that people see drama and run with it. They got as far as my suggestion and didn't bother reading anything afterwards.

• @eKo For you it sucks to get rejected, iwstack does't want your money. Just move on. I don't see anything wrong doing reverse proxy for a torrent site on a host that allows it.

Also for anyone else you're free to reject any client, but based on a client's history it is indeed discrimination and I would be pissed of if I get rejected too. Remember, a bad review could seriously affect VPS business, and I'm afraid this one will do.

Thanked by 1eKo
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited June 2016

@zzcworld said:
    @eKo For you it sucks to get rejected, iwstack does't want your money. Just move on. I don't see anything wrong doing reverse proxy for a torrent site on a host that allows it.

Also for anyone else you're free to reject any client, but based on a client's history it is indeed discrimination and I would be pissed of if I get rejected too. Remember, a bad review could seriously affect VPS business, and I'm afraid this one will do.

I don't specifically call it "discrimination" I call it trying to avoid a lawsuit over copyright issues/nope this review won't affect their vps business since it isn't but claims at this moment since the op has no evidence proving why they decided to refuse the op(which comes directly from iwstack not hearsay) as you do know there is a sort of thing in the us where I believe iwstack is based called DMCA(Digital Millennium Copyright Act) which puts us the providers into a bad situation if we don't prevent illegal issues as "reverse proxy for torrent site" which is mostly illegal since I probably know they was going to setup reverse proxy for the pirate bay most likely which is illegal in itself and I agree with iwstack's actions as I wouldn't as a provider want to be sued over a client doing something like this.

by the way op you do realize in the us there right that linking/mirroring to illegal torrents is illegal and could end up bad for them as a provider so I agree with iwstack trying to prevent a liability from happening.

• eKoeKo Member

@timnboys

Please read my comment. I dont know how to explain it better, seems like ppl here like to mix up the two thread, which isnt the way i meant this thread to be.

Again for the last time:

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited June 2016

@eKo

Don't worry I understand your pain. We know Prometious are bigoted but all far left groups are.

You should have read their replies in other threads, where they fight for freedom of speech against dictators and other opressive forces, and then they go and opress your hosting hehe :D :D :D

Thanked by 3eKo cloromorpho MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@ManofServer said:
    @eKo

Don't worry I understand your pain. We know Prometious are bigoted but all far left groups are.

You should have read their replies in other threads, where they fight for freedom of speech against dictators and other opressive forces, and then they go and opress your hosting hehe :D :D :D

Prometeus are not Mao/Mao is not Prometeus.

Thanked by 3eKo MikePT netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Nekki said:
    Prometeus are not Mao/Mao is not Prometeus.

This.

Thanked by 2eKo MikePT
  • THOSE BASTARDS

Thanked by 1eKo
  • dailydaily Member
    edited June 2016

@zzcworld said:
    @eKo For you it sucks to get rejected, iwstack does't want your money. Just move on. I don't see anything wrong doing reverse proxy for a torrent site on a host that allows it.

Not how any of this works pal. They are free to choose their clients. It isn't discrimination, it's them deciding that his past is a red flag and they don't want anything to do with it.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • vedranvedran Veteran

eKo said: Again for the last time: The reverse proxy thing was for learning, was done and completed and closed on a different provider, 20 days before this topic.

And that other provider probably added you to a fraud database which was checked upon order and that's why you got declined. Fraudism.

• eKoeKo Member

@vedran

Hi,
    Not really, cuz The project was private. Available only to me and a few friends.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@eko Well they found out! Dam for the 35th time "Just Move On!" Also it has been explained to you why you were rejected!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • it's scares me, because I am not the holy man, ... time to move on, bye promoteus

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

just move the f*ck on!

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2016

NO . promoteus or bust.

This discussion has been closed.